PDA

View Full Version : Pay to win?

Chili Bowl King
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm not hating on the game but am I the only one that is noticing this?

A s0t
04-06-2013, 07:29 PM
all the guns stats for levels are the same how is it pay to win?

UsuallyDope
04-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Someones just salty cause he's having bad luck with loot I think...

BootLeg
04-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Im Confused!!!

Reason
04-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Considering if you did....Co-Op maps, Ark Falls, PvP, Shadow War, or broke down old gear and used salvage to buy keycodes....

I don't see they pay to win here...lol

scrawnypaleman
04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
If you want to be taken seriously, please elaborate. How is this game p2w?

A s0t
04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
im still rocking my level 20 tacc ar and i'm level 701

Dark_Deceptions
04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Where can you pay to win lol. Even in pvp I can kill kids with better weps because they dont have the skill to use them on the run or dont use tactics.

Chili Bowl King
04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
No I have 2 orange weapons. It's just oh you worked for yours? Well I'm just going to buy some orange weapons, and if you're going to try and say there aren't a lot of new players with orange weapons, then you are dumb.

Karazykid
04-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Well the game does allow you to basically purchase extra xp, scrip and a better chance for better loot which does give you an advantage, no matter how slight.

Disarmonia
04-06-2013, 07:35 PM
There's no pay to win here, since the lock boxes people can buy in the cash shop can be obtained via in-game means. The fact that there in the cash shop only makes it matter of convenience towards people that don't have enough time to grind keystones for lockboxes.

Buying a lock box also doesn't ensure you'll get a legendary weapon, its luck that is the winner here.

Atlas TKD
04-06-2013, 07:36 PM

I guess if you just buy a shlt ton of tier 4 boxes it can be but for the most part I'm doing fine with what I find. It's not like this game was free, also there's season pass and deluxe if I chose to stick with this.

Jazzara
04-06-2013, 07:36 PM
even if you can buy lockboxes with a little cash in this game is FAR from pay-to-win. Try some "free-to-play" games... like wartune. Then you'll see what pay-to-win REALLY means.

Amber Fae
04-06-2013, 07:37 PM
im still rocking my level 20 tacc ar and i'm level 701

omfg right?! Im still useing my lvl 20 Bolt action sniper at lvl 642

scrawnypaleman
No I have 2 orange weapons. It's just oh you worked for yours? Well I'm just going to buy some orange weapons, and if you're going to try and say there aren't a lot of new players with orange weapons, then you are dumb.Orange weapons =/= better. I'm rocking a green weapon that is better than every single orange weapon I've seen (both in game and posted to these forums). It really is not pay to win.

A s0t
No I have 2 orange weapons. It's just oh you worked for yours? Well I'm just going to buy some orange weapons, and if you're going to try and say there aren't a lot of new players with orange weapons, then you are dumb.
orange weapons are garbage stat wise

Rogue345
04-06-2013, 07:39 PM
even if you can buy lockboxes with a little cash in this game is FAR from pay-to-win. Try some "free-to-play" games... like wartune. Then you'll see what pay-to-win REALLY means.

This this game is not p2win at all You can kill someone with orange gear with starter gear easily. And orange gear is not even that hard to get if you do arkfalls all day and buy the t4 lock box's.

Nine Ba11
04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Wow. If you're really gonna complain about trival things, just quit now, and save yourself a headache. Since I paid 150 bones and got 7 days of double exp, am I a loser? Its their money, so why do you care? They're not hurting, much less bugging anyone. If you got an issues with it, then to bad, so sad. If im being a ****, here's a reminder, im not the one who came on here complaining about how other people live their lives. No matter how you slice it, its complaining.

Chili Bowl King
04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Okay let me rephrase. I mean you can buy stuff other people work for and is suppose to be rare. I don't mean damage wise I just mean rareness and how easy it is for them to achieve something I worked for. I didn't mean to spark some hate from you guys I just wanted some simple feedback. Sorry for the stupid post.

Chili Bowl King
04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Wow. If you're really gonna complain about trival things, just quit now, and save yourself a headache. Since I paid 150 bones and got 7 days of double exp, am I a loser? Its their money, so why do you care? They're not hurting, much less bugging anyone. If you got an issues with it, then to bad, so sad. If im being a ****, here's a reminder, im not the one who came on here complaining about how other people live their lives. No matter how you slice it, its complaining.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha if you're really getting mad, then I feel bad for you. Chill out bud it's just a simple question.

Rogue345
Okay let me rephrase. I mean you can buy stuff other people work for and is suppose to be rare. I don't mean damage wise I just mean rareness and how easy it is for them to achieve something I worked for. I didn't mean to spark some hate from you guys I just wanted some simple feedback. Sorry for the stupid post.

You do not even need to work for it is the thing and i rly don't thing many people will buy them when it's so easy to get the gear just by doing (or afking) at arkfalls.

If this was a game like WoW where you grind for months for gear it would be another story but orange weapons are not even that rare and you can find them at any ego lvl.

Krazee DD
Well the game does allow you to basically purchase extra xp, scrip and a better chance for better loot which does give you an advantage, no matter how slight.

At the start, just makes everything faster. Doesnt help on the endgame.

Chili Bowl King
04-06-2013, 07:50 PM
You do not even need to work for it is the thing and i rly don't thing many people will buy them when it's so easy to get the gear just by doing (or afking) at arkfalls.

True, but you know all these little kids are going to do the easy way.

Ichidakiller
04-06-2013, 07:52 PM
The weapon stats are basicly the same only higher ego weapon have a slight advantage. But then ego is easy to gain. How is this game pay to win. This game is pay to look cool more turn anything else.
Of they sold weapons that had a clear advantage like say ar's that hit harder then anything you can find in the game. Then it would be pay to win. Lock boxes are easy to get. Run coops collect loot salvage that loot spend resources on keys.... But then again why do that when you can simply just put synergy mods on anything ya want and make a white weapon>orange.

A s0t
04-06-2013, 07:54 PM
True, but you know all these little kids are going to do the easy way.here you want easy get you a flare gun and put a +8 round pistol clip on it and that the win button

Chili Bowl King
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
The weapon stats are basicly the same only higher ego weapon have a slight advantage. But then ego is easy to gain. How is this game pay to win. This game is pay to look cool more turn anything else.
Of they sold weapons that had a clear advantage like say ar's that hit harder then anything you can find in the game. Then it would be pay to win. Lock boxes are easy to get. Run coops collect loot salvage that loot spend resources on keys.... But then again why do that when you can simply just put synergy mods on anything ya want and make a white weapon>orange.

I guess the pay to look cool is what I meant. My bad...

ForkInSocket
04-06-2013, 08:06 PM
I don't like that boosts can only be bought with real world cash, and I worry about the slippery slope. 160 bits for +10% skill increases today, why not 320 bits for 15% increase tomorrow, or 640 bits for 20% the day after? Pretty easy for a developer to farm those boosts for revenue.

Inventory space can't be bought with scrip, keys or scrap either. Sure, you get some for free with higher power levels, but anyone who doesn't have to pause as often to manage inventory is still at an advantage.

Luckily lockboxes can be bought with in-game currency, but it's a much more limited resource. 20 bucks buys a lot of weapons. Weapon base stats don't change much and that helps keeps things competitive even when you're matched against somebody with deep pockets, but you can still pay-for-an-edge in this game.

Personally, I wish they had restricted the purchases to purely cosmetic and/or non-combat related items.

scrawnypaleman
04-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Okay let me rephrase. I mean you can buy stuff other people work for and is suppose to be rare. I don't mean damage wise I just mean rareness and how easy it is for them to achieve something I worked for. I didn't mean to spark some hate from you guys I just wanted some simple feedback. Sorry for the stupid post.Ok, that is a valid argument/complaint. And I kinda agree. If I have been saving up for lock boxes for a while, and I get a legendary, I feel accomplished. Someone definitely could just go ahead and buy boxes with bits and get legendaries just like that. So ya, a valid point.

A s0t
04-06-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't like that boosts can only be bought with real world cash, and I worry about the slippery slope. 160 bits for +10% skill increases today, why not 320 bits for 15% increase tomorrow, or 640 bits for 20% the day after? Pretty easy for a developer to farm those boosts for revenue.

Inventory space can't be bought with scrip, keys or scrap either. Sure, you get some for free with higher power levels, but anyone who doesn't have to pause as often to manage inventory is still at an advantage.

Luckily lockboxes can be bought with in-game currency, but it's a much more limited resource. 20 bucks buys a lot of weapons. Weapon base stats don't change much and that helps keeps things competitive even when you're matched against somebody with deep pockets, but you can still pay-for-an-edge in this game.

Personally, I wish they had restricted the purchases to purely cosmetic and/or non-combat related items.
just spam the hellbug extermination hotshot easy xp

Chili Bowl King
04-06-2013, 08:12 PM
i don't like that boosts can only be bought with real world cash, and i worry about the slippery slope. 160 bits for +10% skill increases today, why not 320 bits for 15% increase tomorrow, or 640 bits for 20% the day after? Pretty easy for a developer to farm those boosts for revenue.

Personally, i wish they had restricted the purchases to purely cosmetic and/or non-combat related items.

thank you!!!!!

ForkInSocket
04-06-2013, 08:19 PM
just spam the hellbug extermination hotshot easy xp

It's dull. It isn't competitive. And PvP XP is good enough, if you ask me. And like others have said, it isn't so much about EGO/Power ratings, it's about accomplishment and keeping a level playing field.

DustOfDeath
04-07-2013, 09:34 AM
lol if buying lockboxes is p2w... please hang yourself.

Even through non grind playign you can get t4 lockbox/day (no grind, casual playing). Iv refined liek 3 orange weapons cuz they were crap - didnt like them (like slow *** sawed off shotguns, rocket launcher and a low clip slow pistol).

fang1192
04-07-2013, 10:51 AM
here you want easy get you a flare gun and put a +8 round pistol clip on it and that the win button

Did that this morning, i cant wait to find a level 3 ammo extender mod for pistols. To bad they took out the napalm effect from the beta BUT my northstar does have the shock element on it so its ok.

A s0t
04-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Did that this morning, i cant wait to find a level 3 ammo extender mod for pistols. To bad they took out the napalm effect from the beta BUT my northstar does have the shock element on it so its ok.
they shouldn't have taken out the plasma blue death ray gun :(

Nine Ba11
04-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha if you're really getting mad, then I feel bad for you. Chill out bud it's just a simple question.

How can that even possibly be misconstrued to me being upset?

Vhailas
04-09-2013, 10:01 AM
If I spent 50 billion dollars on XP Boosts, could I get to level 4000 by running over a single skitterling?

A s0t
04-09-2013, 10:09 AM
If I spent 50 billion dollars on XP Boosts, could I get to level 4000 by running over a single skitterling?
NO you just get more time added to the double xp, try joing a group that has the xp boost inside of a clan with a xp boost

SYN BLACK XS
04-09-2013, 10:11 AM

Getting Orange weapons is pure luck, so anyone who gets them is lucky, not necessarily rich and using their financial means to gain an advantage. I've dropped a fair amount of cash on lockboxes and have little to show for it, seems to be the trend

Ichidakiller
04-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Ooo look another pay to win post whining about orange weapons. They come from lockboxes if little Billy wants to waste his allowance for the chance at orange weapons keyword there CHANCE! Then so be it. Can you do the same thing with minimal effort and have the same chance for an orange weapon....yep. I mean really a few arkfalls and you can buy the same lockbox. Just because your a broke/lazy how does that make it pay to win.

Let me help you understand the pay to win concept because everyone seems to be tossing that out there when a game has micro transactions.

PAY TO WIN is meant for games where you can buy the super top of the line weapon that you can't get ingame via any other means or without day if not weeks of farming. It is not for games where one can spend 20min and get the same damn thing.

Do they sell super assault rifle nope, do they sell the missile launcher you can level a city block with nope. They sell a lockbox how in the hell is that pay to win.