PDA

View Full Version : Quick question and i wanna see if i can get some logical answers

moxthamyth
04-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Ok so i recently heard a friend of mine was banned from the game ( not saying his name ) for selling his invintory items for psn cards why is this illegal why is the t a perma ban and what is the harm ? This is an honest question as i dont see any bad coming from it id never spend real money on the possibility i could be getting scammed but say a real life friend wanted my jack pot and he said ill give u $20 psn for that bro what would be the harm in me doing that i just trying to get some understanding

Specks25
04-15-2016, 02:22 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62399-Buying-or-Selling-for-Real-World-Money-(Not-allowed)

Olaf
04-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Ok so i recently heard a friend of mine was banned from the game ( not saying his name ) for selling his invintory items for psn cards why is this illegal why is the t a perma ban and what is the harm ? This is an honest question as i dont see any bad coming from it id never spend real money on the possibility i could be getting scammed but say a real life friend wanted my jack pot and he said ill give u $20 psn for that bro what would be the harm in me doing that i just trying to get some understanding

Someone probably reported him.
I know people who have sold their supernovas for 50 usd. Dunno how they were paid though, PayPal or psn who knows.

NullWolf
04-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Its against the ToS but that doesn't stop certain individuals with the money to throw around trying to buy weapons off people with $$$.

YahootsMagoondi
04-15-2016, 03:42 PM
it basically comes down to someone else profiting off of Trion's property. read it all closely, you do not own anything. it is all the digital property of Trion and can be taken away at any time for whatever reason they want.

whether or not you agree with it or like it, you accept it everytime you log in to play the game.

moxthamyth
04-15-2016, 04:54 PM
it basically comes down to someone else profiting off of Trion's property. read it all closely, you do not own anything. it is all the digital property of Trion and can be taken away at any time for whatever reason they want.

whether or not you agree with it or like it, you accept it everytime you log in to play the game.

Understandable thank you for your positive answer

Johnny Gatt
04-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Here is another reason why Trion comes down hard on these players.

Trion sells chances at getting good weapons for real money. Compulsive gambling brings the money in from those boxes.
Players sell an actual weapon to another player for real money, and the buyer will already know what they are getting.

If allowed to occur with any frequency, Trion would lose a lot of money in bit sales if players no longer had to gamble on boxes.
Therefore you get banned if caught selling your Piper for $50.00.

The practice also brings pay to win to a whole new level, as richer players would be able to buy whatever they wanted while the rest of us rely on luck only to get good loot.

This policy has been in place since the game launched.

Cerebral
04-19-2016, 02:26 AM
I think it's stupid that you can get a ban for selling items to other players for real money. The fact that you know what you are buying makes buying from other players the best option.

I wouldn't pay for crates due to the guaranteed disappointment that will immediately follow the purchases. I understand that Trion has to make money, but even buying 10 crates wouldn't guarantee a jackpot item, therefore I can't justify paying the rip off prices for gear that isn't worth the bits used.

I bought the game, the season pass and I have bought many bits in the past, looking back I realise how much money I have wasted on this game.

Ronin9572
04-19-2016, 03:10 AM
One word...."bitstore"

Johnny Gatt
04-20-2016, 01:24 PM
I think it's stupid that you can get a ban for selling items to other players for real money. The fact that you know what you are buying makes buying from other players the best option.

I wouldn't pay for crates due to the guaranteed disappointment that will immediately follow the purchases. I understand that Trion has to make money, but even buying 10 crates wouldn't guarantee a jackpot item, therefore I can't justify paying the rip off prices for gear that isn't worth the bits used.

I bought the game, the season pass and I have bought many bits in the past, looking back I realise how much money I have wasted on this game.

This is exactly why it is a bannable offense. You could spend 50 bucks on radiant solstice boxes when they were available, only to get nothing. Buying a Piper outright for same amount guarantees you get what you want, but the money is not going to Trion. The Piper is Trion's creation and is used in Trion's game. They won't look kindly on other players profiting from their products or undermining the compulsive gambling system that we call rng.

moxthamyth
04-20-2016, 03:18 PM
This is exactly why it is a bannable offense. You could spend 50 bucks on radiant solstice boxes when they were available, only to get nothing. Buying a Piper outright for same amount guarantees you get what you want, but the money is not going to Trion. The Piper is Trion's creation and is used in Trion's game. They won't look kindly on other players profiting from their products or undermining the compulsive gambling system that we call rng.

Well maybe trion should sell these guns out right in the bit store for say oh idk $100 hell if at every holiday event there was a jack pot bundle in the bit store fo have all the jack pots under a cirtin synergy id buy it ( even if they were trade locked )

Mister Ree
04-20-2016, 03:22 PM
Well maybe trion should sell these guns out right in the bit store for say oh idk $100 hell if at every holiday event there was a jack pot bundle in the bit store fo have all the jack pots under a cirtin synergy id buy it ( even if they were trade locked )

I think this game is not for you.

Johnny Gatt
04-20-2016, 04:10 PM

Mox... the rng system is used in the bitstore for a reason. Why sell a gun for $100 when you can sell a chance to get that gun and make thousands. There is no way Trion will sell anything good up front. It will always be locked behind rng or bundled with a bunch of junk.

Fallen_Aingeal
04-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Mox... the rng system is used in the bitstore for a reason. Why sell a gun for $100 when you can sell a chance to get that gun and make thousands. There is no way Trion will sell anything good up front. It will always be locked behind rng or bundled with a bunch of junk.This isn't entirely true, and if Mox was the "vet" he claimed to be, then he would remember...

Trion did try selling a guaranteed OJ. It went for the whopping price of $80. The forum had a hey-day with this, as it was the true first "pay-to-win" gimmick the company tried.

It failed...

Lycan Nightshade
04-20-2016, 10:07 PM

Wait aren't you the same guy running around here with 2 topics campaigning for removing trade locks in some form......?

PithHelmetIrath
04-21-2016, 05:25 AM
This isn't entirely true, and if Mox was the "vet" he claimed to be, then he would remember...

Trion did try selling a guaranteed OJ. It went for the whopping price of $80. The forum had a hey-day with this, as it was the true first "pay-to-win" gimmick the company tried.

It failed...

Nice to see I'm not the only one who remembers that failed marketing attempt..

konstantinov
04-21-2016, 05:28 AM
Nice to see I'm not the only one who remembers that failed marketing attempt..

You mean the one where people exploited the last breath out of? I can remember the flood of ego 20 OJs people were trying to sell and how hard the market got hit after the mod flood. It was the great flood of defiance.

PithHelmetIrath
04-21-2016, 06:21 AM
You mean the one where people exploited the last breath out of? I can remember the flood of ego 20 OJs people were trying to sell and how hard the market got hit after the mod flood. It was the great flood of defiance.

Sounds about right.

Ray8888
04-21-2016, 10:50 AM
the compulsive gambling system that we call rng.

You keep misusing that adjective. Its a gamble. A compulsion is a reaction.

Johnny Gatt
04-21-2016, 11:33 AM
You keep misusing that adjective. Its a gamble. A compulsion is a reaction.

Thank you for the correction Ray.
Spending 20 dollars on boxes is the gamble .
Spending another 20 dollars because you didn't get anything good with the first 20 dollars is the reaction.
... or another 20 dollars after that, because that one must surely be the lucky round.