PDA

View Full Version : Sixth Weapon Type

DarkKnyt29
02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
I was looking on the Defiance game webpage under "Weapons" and it shows one block that has a purple lock on it. For the life of me, I've been trying to figure out what it is. It looks like an assault rifle or a sniper rifle but those are posted. I noticed there is no listing for Submachine guns but what else could it be? I've lost sleep because of this and toss and turn in my bed...or I have a sleeping problem. Either way, what is it?! Haha

Super_Jagerman
02-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Maybe Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle?

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 07:05 AM
I was looking on the Defiance game webpage under "Weapons" and it shows one block that has a purple lock on it. For the life of me, I've been trying to figure out what it is. It looks like an assault rifle or a sniper rifle but those are posted. I noticed there is no listing for Submachine guns but what else could it be? I've lost sleep because of this and toss and turn in my bed...or I have a sleeping problem. Either way, what is it?! Haha

if the symbol is anything to go by i know what it is. but trion have locked it for good reason so i best keep my mouth shut... sorry NDA sucks. but rules are rules

SieraV
02-20-2013, 07:09 AM
I agree with Super_Jagerman it looks like a semi-automatic sniper rifle.

Aythir
02-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Well they already have used more types of weapons in the Friday livestreams then are even shown on that page. Examples being the grenade launcher and the Light Machine gun. So I am confused as to why those are also not put in that section?

IGears
02-20-2013, 07:37 AM
i guess it separate by ammo type. the LMG and Assault Rifles use the same type of ammo. but i could be wrong

Duskky
02-20-2013, 08:19 AM
In the motion comic the person was using a sniper rifle, it was not bolt action he fired round after round with no pause. So it may be a semi auto sniper rifle.

Decarien
02-20-2013, 09:31 AM
There's no listing for shotguns either, but there's a spot for pump action shotgun skill on the my ego unlocks list (#10). Maybe they're just toying with you?

Duskky
02-20-2013, 09:37 AM
There's no listing for shotguns either, but there's a spot for pump action shotgun skill on the my ego unlocks list (#10). Maybe they're just toying with you?

I saw that as well, and on the Official Defiance youtube channel I've seen shotguns.

DarkKnyt29
02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
if the symbol is anything to go by i know what it is. but trion have locked it for good reason so i best keep my mouth shut... sorry NDA sucks. but rules are rules

Oh that darn NDA. I definitely understand Dead_Phoenix (Oxymoron with the name in a way but still cool!) and I wish it was April 2nd already. Everyone else's guesses are good too!

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Oh that darn NDA. I definitely understand Dead_Phoenix (Oxymoron with the name in a way but still cool!) and I wish it was April 2nd already. Everyone else's guesses are good too!

thats why i picked it. love the iconography of a creature that never dies, being dead. you can take it anyway you like it can symbolise all things come to an end. or in a glass half full way a question to something about to begin :) take it how you like

lPATT
02-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Pistols - Assault rifle - BMG - Combat Shotgun - Bolt action sniper - Rocket launcher - Detonator - Infector - SMG - LMG - Semi Auto sniper - Pump Shotgun - Sawed-off shotgun , ( i would believe the weapon lock would be shotgun but it look like a scope on it so i don't know) that all the weapon skill in the alpha take that NDA =P ... nah seriously here the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTtup_5yk-Y pause it around 4min and that the list .

RoadKill
02-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Good video. Ironically there was a 4 min ad for that new bungy game

Midniteryu
02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
I think the locked weapon tab on the defiance site is a semi-auto sniper rifle.

Eviscerator
02-22-2013, 11:35 PM
looks like a semi or auto sniper of some kind