PDA

View Full Version : Just a giggle...

PlantyC
04-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Well howdy,

Shadow is fun isn't it? I have noticed many a player being able to shoot through walls recently (even on my own team, so don't even think I am biased) - slimou tried to argue that I was calling cheaters, nope I basically laughed ... but I am starting to think maybe there IS cheaters? It doesn't bother me, as it makes people dumb if they have to cheat .... but for the other players that I know get annoyed, is this really fun for them? But yes, good going Xinolua (or however you spell it xD ), slimou ... just to name a few. Lets go back to basics, if you need to cheat, you suck badly. If you can shoot through walls with instant headshot.... damn you must know how to surpass the laws of physics xD

Anyways, just my thoughts - such a giggle .....

stefb42
04-17-2016, 03:09 PM
This is an old issue, it may be cheating but it's most likely latency, long long time ago 2 people recorded the same pvp match from opposing teams and the result was interesting

From the shooters point of view the other player recording was running across the freight yard towards a building when the shooter killed them, however from the other person's point of view they had actually made it into the building they were running towards in the first video and so appeared to be shot through a wall or around a corner or whatever, I guess it's impossible to sync everyone up exactly in an online game where everyone has different connection speeds and differing distances from the servers etc

That's not to say this stuff is never cheating, just that it's not always as it may look

Claydough
04-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Its latency.

Im lucky enough to have a 0.400 ping to defiance servers, so if i spot a sniper aiming me up and dodge out the way, i stand still for 0.4 of a second on their screen before my character model starts moving.

I can even spot them, headshot them, see the crit numbers, then die because they had already shot me before the information got to me.

Lag is a wonderful wonderful thing

crazyged
04-17-2016, 11:47 PM
Yup, and with the event on, there's a helluva lot more latency lurking about, hence more "cheaters"...

pew pew pew
04-18-2016, 12:59 AM
LOL

Name & Shaming is forbidden at the forums. However, you have named one user who is for sure not cheating (don't know the other one). He actually plays pretty bad (no offense) such as me (uhhh I feel offended - GET HIM :D ) . If you get dominated its caused by one of three reasons...

- your ego is bad at all
- your equipment is bad (below your ego, low quality, bad weapon choice / bonus rolls / synergy)
- you're not experienced enough yet, Defiance PvP plays a bit different than CS/BF/CoD/whatever

I'm not saying there are no hackers in Defiance but within almost 2k hours I haven't seen so many.

PlantyC
04-20-2016, 01:53 PM
With a ping of 30 or less, latency doesn't curse me thankfully - my ego is just shy of 5k and weapons within 100 ego of my own - i know how to pvp, and CoD? lol don't bring that crap up, its just that xD crap ...sorry - yes its a little more ...lets say 'difficult' for descriptive purposes, but when i can see normal people of higher ego, blah blah blah, and they use as many shots as i do to kill me or vice versa... yet those named and a few others (who know who they are) seem to be able to 1shot you a mile away with the candlestick --- i mean wha? Let the hackers and cheaters play on, doesn't make them any good. I have seen a few GOOD players in SW, and to those I can see they play fairly.

By the by, the universe is a bloody hilarious place...