PDA

View Full Version : Lock box tiers

ZmAn
04-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I have read several places where people have said that buying the tier 3 is the best bang for your buck, but by the token that the chance of better weaps is not there based on the tier you purchase, wouldn't tier 2 be the way to go? Anyone out there buy a lot of tier 2 and 3 and compare the outcomes? I have bought 3 tier 3 and 6 tier 2, there wasn't a difference in quality of weaps/gear....it all paled in comparison to what I had unfortunately.

I don't want to rehash some of the already existing threads, just not sure if there was a fix from devs that changed the probability of quality items in each tier of lock boxes?

Vanquish
04-06-2013, 08:06 PM
I have read several places where people have said that buying the tier 3 is the best bang for your buck, but by the token that the chance of better weaps is not there based on the tier you purchase, wouldn't tier 2 be the way to go? Anyone out there buy a lot of tier 2 and 3 and compare the outcomes? I have bought 3 tier 3 and 6 tier 2, there wasn't a difference in quality of weaps/gear....it all paled in comparison to what I had unfortunately.

I don't want to rehash some of the already existing threads, just not sure if there was a fix from devs that changed the probability of quality items in each tier of lock boxes?

I think they say T3 due to them thinking Trion wouldn't make the difference in key cost so different if it was just for an extra gun and there is some more "likeliness" to get an orange or purple from higher tiers. T4 however is a significant jump from 24 to 60 something? i don't remember and i'm disconnected from the server right now.
Point of Reference: this is my 2 cents.

ZmAn
04-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I had heard arguments for both sides of tier 2 and tier 3 being better. Have you tried tier 2 or have you had luck with orange items in tier 3? Those are quite a bit more than tier 2 for only an extra item...

Hello301
04-06-2013, 08:58 PM
I've had lots more luck from tier 3 personally. bought even amounts of each and I get higher ranked items a lot more from tier3. Not that it matters since my plain weapons from 100 lvls ago are better than the ones i get from boxes. (the one orange I got was terrible)

ZmAn
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Ok, thanks for your input!