PDA

View Full Version : Thanks again Trion

Ronin9572
04-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Don't even get me going on this craptacular event... 1st good thing that's happened to me since like day 3,other than DF JP crates is typical Trion crap. I open an elite Armistice lock box and to my surprise I get a elite JP. I'm so stoked, it's a EEC HP 7 Wildcat Mk1. But I don't even notice for a lil bit that I cannot use it. It's in my claims and its not the ego that's red but the weapon itself. I talk to a few clan mates and they inform me it's a Gunslinger dlc gun. I don't have any dlc's, so I can't use this? That's complete BS. If you put it in a elite Armistice lockbox everyone should be able to use the JP!!

Bentu
04-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Buy the dlc, solved!

Skiller115
04-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Don't even get me going on this craptacular event... 1st good thing that's happened to me since like day 3,other than DF JP crates is typical Trion crap. I open an elite Armistice lock box and to my surprise I get a elite JP. I'm so stoked, it's a EEC HP 7 Wildcat Mk1. But I don't even notice for a lil bit that I cannot use it. It's in my claims and its not the ego that's red but the weapon itself. I talk to a few clan mates and they inform me it's a Gunslinger dlc gun. I don't have any dlc's, so I can't use this? That's complete BS. If you put it in a elite Armistice lockbox everyone should be able to use the JP!! this right here is why we can't have nice things ie jackpot Warmaster
and 7th legion weapons

Roxxasthedemonslayer
04-20-2016, 10:49 PM
agreed, DLC gun and ego grid should, nay MUST be made avilaible to ALL players.

the quest stuff can stay DLC.

WhiteStrike
04-20-2016, 11:33 PM

Nobody would buy DLCs for "quest stuff".

Ronin9572
04-21-2016, 02:21 AM
Yes Bentu I could just buy the dlc,sure. But my issue is this, it's an elite lockbox JP. How many others needed a dlc to use? If this was made available and brought back as a elite lb JP why is it a locked dlc item. Was a Dawn's light or Guardian Angel a dlc item, how come I can get Castithan charge blades and use them from a lockbox? This is what I'm upset about.

Mister Ree
04-21-2016, 02:33 AM
Yes Bentu I could just buy the dlc,sure. But my issue is this, it's an elite lockbox JP. How many others needed a dlc to use? If this was made available and brought back as a elite lb JP why is it a locked dlc item. Was a Dawn's light or Guardian Angel a dlc item, how come I can get Castithan charge blades and use them from a lockbox? This is what I'm upset about.

Its a wildcat, which is a gunslinger variant of a wolfhound. Its always been a dlc item.. it was released a little while before I started playing but I heard there was plenty of uproar about it back then and trion didn't do anything about it and tbh I see why, it is a prime example of a perfectly rolled/syn'd gunslinger item. Get the dlc, the gun is great and the dlc itself comes with a load of nice outfits.

Ronin9572
04-21-2016, 02:42 AM
So this was an issue back when it was the 1st elite lockbox jackpot? Geesh just my luck. Thanks everyone for the help.

konstantinov
04-21-2016, 03:49 AM
So this was an issue back when it was the 1st elite lockbox jackpot? Geesh just my luck. Thanks everyone for the help.

It was a major fiasco when it was released.

#jpwildcatgate

Ronin9572
04-21-2016, 04:20 AM
Oh AWESOME!! lol can I get a redo? jk

konstantinov
04-21-2016, 04:55 AM
Oh AWESOME!! lol can I get a redo? jk

Consider it a nudge to buy the dlc.

Ronin9572
04-21-2016, 05:01 AM
Oh that's how they do it...

r1p
04-21-2016, 05:11 AM
this right here is why we can't have nice things ie jackpot Warmaster
and 7th legion weapons

I don't understand what you are saying. People who don't own the DLC still get the rewards from WM and they can sell or trade the weapons.

Ray8888
04-21-2016, 05:13 AM
If you haven't bought it you're not entitled to it. There has to be some perks to being a long term supporter of the game.

Ronin9572
04-21-2016, 05:18 AM
While I do kinda sorta agree with what you are saying, putting this in a elite Armistice lockbox wasn't right. Like I've said b4, you can get and use Castithan charge blades from LB's. If this was an issue when it was originally a elite jackpot lockbox item it should have been fixed.

Lycan Nightshade
04-21-2016, 05:40 AM
Il take it if you don't want it :D lol had to try

The dlcs r rather fun, 7th has some decent gear and ahem... outfits....same for gunslinger. If you do get dlc i recommend getting the 'Season Pass' best bang for your buck.....at least imo

pew pew pew
04-21-2016, 07:15 AM
And you are unable to trade it for another JP? I'm sure a lot of users would like this perfect rolled version of a wildcat.

konstantinov
04-21-2016, 07:22 AM
And you are unable to trade it for another JP? I'm sure a lot of users would like this perfect rolled version of a wildcat.

Unless it's a Duster, UD, Chaos or something else named the value isn't at what it use to be. 3x dmg EMC Service rifles can be had for ~2 mil. People use to kill each other over those.

Skiller115
04-21-2016, 07:38 AM
I don't understand what you are saying. People who don't own the DLC still get the rewards from WM and they can sell or trade the weapons.

Yeah but they'll whine and complain if a good jackpot was dlc only and they would feel entitled to be able to use any jackpot because "jackpots should be able to be used by anyone" or the "if everything else in the lockbox can be used by anyone then the jackpots must be the same way even dlc jackpot weapons. excuses. Like op and

Like I said if Trion made a jp Hogleg or EEC SMG all the ftpers would be crying to Trion to make all DLC jackpots unlocked for them because they deserve it for trying so hard at RNG and getting first place!!:rolleyes:

konstantinov
04-21-2016, 07:43 AM
Yeah but they'll whine and complain if a good jackpot was dlc only and they would feel entitled to be able to use any jackpot because "jackpots should be able to be used by anyone" or the "if everything else in the lockbox can be used by anyone then the jackpots must be the same way even dlc jackpot weapons. excuses.

This was the exact case when the JP wildcat was released. The forums were filled with threads about how it was behind a pay wall, not that it was the best wolfhound/wildcat available at that time.

Ronin9572
04-21-2016, 10:55 AM
I'm not saying all dlc gear should be made available to everyone for free. What I am saying is that if it was to be given as a elite JP during Armistice than it should be usable. My reference is the Castithan charge blade. Thanks to all the players who informed me of all the hoopla that happened originally,this should have been addressed before. As far as if I'm keeping it not sure. Baby's on the way soon and even a few dollars to spare is tough right now. I did contact Trion on this matter. But as has been said this was an issue before and never addressed. I'll keep ya posted.

Bentu
04-21-2016, 11:06 AM

So I should miss out on the chance of pulling one because others haven't bought the dlc.

That doesn't sound right to me somehow.

Ronin9572
04-21-2016, 11:21 AM
No you should not. Ppl are misunderstanding me and what I'm saying.

J3R3MIAHS
04-21-2016, 11:22 AM
So I should miss out on the chance of pulling one because others haven't bought the dlc.

That doesn't sound right to me somehow.

Bentu, some people should open a cheese factory.

FistPumper
04-21-2016, 12:19 PM
I'll bring the Wine....... oh wait we already have that.

CM Kiwibird
04-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Hey there folks, I'm going to stop us while we're ahead here.

If you want to buy the DLC to access the DLC content, you're welcome to do so, but those drops won't be removed from the drop table because some folks haven't made the purchase. If you'd like to support the game and gain access to all the DLC, the Season Pass is available.

NOW LET'S GO PLAY IN THE Q&A THREAD. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?239643)