PDA

View Full Version : Premium Elite not so Premium?

Altras
04-23-2016, 06:27 AM
With the 50% off sale, I was tempted to get $20 worth of Premium Armstice Elite Lockbox. With patron and a few leftover bits, I was able to get 13 Premium Armstice Elites boxes full of nothing. I feel like I had better luck with normal elites this Armstice. In the bitstore, it's advertised as "Improved chance to drop a bonus Legendary Jackpot!" But is that really true? Is it much of a higher chance, or like a 1.2% better chance?

For those who bought some boxes, what was your luck?

Bentu
04-23-2016, 06:29 AM
I feel the odds aren't in our favour but would of thought you'd of got at least one jp out of them.

Johnny Gatt
04-23-2016, 06:30 AM
My luck was with 64 key elite boxes, never with premium elite. Trion will never release the actual improved chance percentage, but I am guessing it is only a fraction of a hundredth of a percent.

Bentu
04-23-2016, 06:37 AM
This^^^^^^^^^^

Claydough
04-23-2016, 06:57 AM
i think 1.2% is a generous figure

technically speaking, 0.01% is improved chances at a jackpot, so who's to say they havn't done this?

hell, who is even making sure that that what they advertise is what they're selling?

nobody, this bitstore is totally unregulated, they can put what ever chances they want and write whatever they want about it.

OokamiXIII
04-23-2016, 07:02 AM
Bitstore crates in general are a crap-shoot, but the "premium" boxes feel like it even more so. But I've never had any luck with any of the crates except the DF one this event.

Bentu
04-23-2016, 07:20 AM
this bitstore is totally unregulated, they can put what ever chances they want and write whatever they want about it.

Whatever they do you can guarantee it won't be in our favour on purpose and quickly patched if it wasn't.

Hexthat
04-23-2016, 07:33 AM
I would never buy those even for 30 bits

at least the holiday crates you buy comes with mods and chance at t5 mods

Ea Rapture
04-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Bought around $50 worth, and got nothing worth keeping. All the ojs I got I gave away and didn't keep the T4s or T3s. And No JPs.

stefb42
04-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Did you guys who bought them get the guaranteed premium currency you're supposed to? I bought a load about a week ago and received no currency, made a ticket and was granted the missing currency, bought a load last night thinking they should be fixed if they're on sale but no still no premium guaranteed currency, guess I'm waiting till Monday for support

Oh yeah on topic, out of all the boxes I bought, nothing worth keeping

doctordabs
04-23-2016, 09:29 AM
With the 50% off sale, I was tempted to get $20 worth of Premium Armstice Elite Lockbox. With patron and a few leftover bits, I was able to get 13 Premium Armstice Elites boxes full of nothing. I feel like I had better luck with normal elites this Armstice. In the bitstore, it's advertised as "Improved chance to drop a bonus Legendary Jackpot!" But is that really true? Is it much of a higher chance, or like a 1.2% better chance?

For those who bought some boxes, what was your luck?

Absolutely nothing from the premiums that i wasn't able to get from 24-key boxes, let alone 64.
i got 3 oj's so far:
1 homing rocket launcher with stalker - immediately scrapped
1 oj ranger with rolling thunder and horrific rolls - immediately scrapped it
1 shotgun i didn't even bother looking at. hate the things.

Fallen_Aingeal
04-23-2016, 09:45 AM
I had a few bits that had been setting around for a long time. Figured I'd get a couple Eternal boxes;

First box=OJ Eternal Canker, not bad but doesn't compared to several other bug guns in inventory. and 2 T4 mods
2nd box=2 T4 mods, Stab sight being one...

Stopped there...

Did get "currency" on both. HR on first and AF in 2nd.

stefb42
04-23-2016, 09:52 AM
I had a few bits that had been setting around for a long time. Figured I'd get a couple Eternal boxes;

First box=OJ Eternal Canker, not bad but doesn't compared to several other bug guns in inventory. and 2 T4 mods
2nd box=2 T4 mods, Stab sight being one...

Stopped there...

Did get "currency" on both. HR on first and AF in 2nd.

I too opened a call of Eternal boxes, got currency from those, and even get it from the armistice elite box, just not the premium elite armistice crate, clan mate tried them too and he only got arkforge from a couple which I assume is the chance of up to 100 arkforge rather than the guaranteed currency advertised, though I wonder if it's a platform specific issue, or else surely someone else would have noticed, I mean it's definitely happening, support was able to see how many I bought last week that granted no currency

Johnny Dbag
04-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Well, i did not buy any boxes but i opened a ton of them during the event, 3 to 4 a weekday and 8 to 10 on the weekend between two toons. Only pulled one jp from all of them, a cataclysm that i gave to a clan mate. In all, out of the year plus that i have been playing and opening the 64 key boxes, that is the one and only jp i have ever pulled from those letdown boxes.

Nightmare390
04-23-2016, 10:36 AM
I spent money and got no luck, also the "guaranteed premium currency" supposed to rewarded with each purchase was a lie. Prob 1/3 or 1/4 I bought gave nothing of what they promised

stefb42
04-23-2016, 11:04 AM
I spent money and got no luck, also the "guaranteed premium currency" supposed to rewarded with each purchase was a lie. Prob 1/3 or 1/4 I bought gave nothing of what they promised

I don't think any are giving currency, the quarter that did it was likely the chance of up to 100 arkforge was what you actually got and not the guaranteed currency, bet the boxes you think did gave arkforge every time

Kuroro
04-23-2016, 11:57 AM
i have not anything against trion but:

iNcEavtydh4

DEPHIC
04-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Premium Elite Lock boxes:

http://i.imgur.com/YhtzA7S.jpg

I hear the same thing from everyone that buys them, nothing but shtako. So not worth the money.

Johnny Gatt
04-23-2016, 02:39 PM
The only box that is an even bigger waste of money is the cyber rig crate with its 100% chance of getting a blue prime evolver.

Skiller115
04-23-2016, 02:42 PM
The only box that is an even bigger waste of money is the cyber rig crate with its 100% chance of getting a blue prime evolver.

Soon this RNG will transfer to the cyber rig vendor...

Sevrin
04-23-2016, 04:30 PM
Premium Elite Lock boxes:

http://i.imgur.com/YhtzA7S.jpg

Lol Win +1

Claydough
04-23-2016, 04:57 PM

prime example of this system being broken and trion having no obligation to even think about it

Sliverbaer
04-23-2016, 05:10 PM
This was posted in the Trove forums. Excellent description on Trion in general, over all of their games.

this will explain what path trion is taking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U

Chump Norris
04-23-2016, 05:18 PM
After buying boxes for keycodes and buying "Premium" Elite Boxes for bits I have concluded that Trion mixed the boxes up and people are spending bits on keycode boxes..

Lycan Nightshade
04-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Yeah il just take the money nd buy lotto tickets...i got a better chance at winning

stefb42
04-24-2016, 03:45 AM
After buying boxes for keycodes and buying "Premium" Elite Boxes for bits I have concluded that Trion mixed the boxes up and people are spending bits on keycode boxes..

Customer support tried to tell me I was buying the boxes too quick and the system wasn't able to keep up, but that doesn't account for the first box opened that contained no currency and I think it's bs anyway, I think same as you, they've mixed them up

So yeah for opening 30+ boxes they give me 100 forge and 10 hunter reqs which accounts for less than half what I opened, and told to slow down buying them! Well thanks trion I most certainly will be slowing down, right down to stopped, disgraceful trying to blame me for your glitches and not returning the currency from every box I opened :(

Ea Rapture
04-24-2016, 04:14 AM
Customer support tried to tell me I was buying the boxes too quick and the system wasn't able to keep up, but that doesn't account for the first box opened that contained no currency and I think it's bs anyway, I think same as you, they've mixed them up

So yeah for opening 30+ boxes they give me 100 forge and 10 hunter reqs which accounts for less than half what I opened, and told to slow down buying them! Well thanks trion I most certainly will be slowing down, right down to stopped, disgraceful trying to blame me for your glitches and not returning the currency from every box I opened :(

Is that what was happening? Not surprised...

Trion Probably. Lolol.
http://i.imgur.com/T3MQky5.png

Lamar Kendrick
04-24-2016, 05:29 AM
Is that what was happening? Not surprised...

Trion Probably. Lolol.
http://i.imgur.com/T3MQky5.png

LOL at that meme

SilverWF
04-24-2016, 06:18 AM
i have not anything against trion but:

iNcEavtydh4

So what you expected for?
They are created so many types of items (most of it - useless), so many synergies (most of them - just a joke), so your chances on getting good irtems are just equal to zero. Even with omg-mega-super-premium box.

Look at my old thread with calculations http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172748-Chances-to-obtain-weapon-of-dream
And it was before(!) all event synergies added, so now chances are decreased in 10 or even in 100 times!
Good luck in buying boxes, really.

Quicksilver1492
04-24-2016, 07:53 AM
The only thing "premium" about this crate is the "enhanced/improved" chance to get a jackpot. And let's face it. It's total garbage. It just plays into our thinking that it will be more fulfilling just because it tempts us with the promise that the chances are greater. Propaganda, if you will. If I set myself a budget of like $50 to spend on these crates, considering we aren't made of money, much to Trion's chagrin, I would still have a greater chance overall to score a jackpot from the lockbox just due to the fact that I can farm keycodes an infinite amount of times if I so choose to try to procure one of those weapons. On a side note, why do they even offer consumable refills in the bitstore for grenades etc. when I can refill for 125 scrip in a vendor? Who the hell is stupid enough to even do that?

Lycan Nightshade
04-24-2016, 01:10 PM
The only thing "premium" about this crate is the "enhanced/improved" chance to get a jackpot. And let's face it. It's total garbage. It just plays into our thinking that it will be more fulfilling just because it tempts us with the promise that the chances are greater. Propaganda, if you will. If I set myself a budget of like $50 to spend on these crates, considering we aren't made of money, much to Trion's chagrin, I would still have a greater chance overall to score a jackpot from the lockbox just due to the fact that I can farm keycodes an infinite amount of times if I so choose to try to procure one of those weapons. On a side note, why do they even offer consumable refills in the bitstore for grenades etc. when I can refill for 125 scrip in a vendor? Who the hell is stupid enough to even do that?

The players with more dollars then sense.... we farm keys... trion farms wHales

hempman
04-25-2016, 07:22 AM
This was posted in the Trove forums. Excellent description on Trion in general, over all of their games.
Perfect video,Ty for sharing.
wonder if trions devs and suits watched this before....
its eerie how they followed the video step for step even.
as far as morals go,im positive most of trions people on this forum have shown theirs repeatedly...:rolleyes:
or the lack thereof.....:p

wonder if trion will figure out we know too,before we all get tired of the bs and just quit the game.
the livestream was a joke,they focused Right away on all the new stuff to Buy.
only good thing i saw was the inventory fix.

so,if trion reads this,id like to remind them,we bought a Video Game,not a bitstore gambling game.

r1p
04-25-2016, 12:31 PM
The problem with the "premium" lockbox is that it is just a normal T4 lockbox with a higher chance to get a jackpot.

For the sake of the discussion let's say that normally the odds are 1-1000 to pull a jackpot from a T4 lockbox. Even if the "premium" lockbox doubled your chances to 1-500 you could pull 100 boxes and realistically never get a jackpot. Also it might appear that everything (including OJ's) coming out of them looks like trash because they can contain almost any weapon in the standard weapon pool. Take a look at the non-jackpot OJ's that you pulled from the T4 Armistice crates during the event: how many of them were keepers? None of mine were because they were all Blockade shields, or sniper rifles, or BMGs, etc and that includes 2 boxes that had double OJ's in them. I vendored all of them.

Now let's compare this to the bit store synergy boxes where the pool is limited to 6-7 weapons. Usually these weapons appeal to most people so even if you spend the same amount of money and only get half the number of boxes, you usually end up with desirable OJ's and purple weapons to use or trade even if you still don't get a jackpot. This is why the "premium" lockboxes seem like a waste of money because 99.99% of what you get out of them can't justify spending any money on them.

SilverWF
04-25-2016, 12:37 PM
There is no premium lockboxes anymore, so don't worry :D

Chump Norris
04-25-2016, 04:21 PM
The problem with the "premium" lockbox is that it is just a normal T4 lockbox with a higher chance to get a jackpot.

I just want the premium currency they are supposed to drop. The lockbox vendor keycode box has been dropping premium currency and silly me I thought Trion was doing something nice for us, but them I bought some from the bit store and no premium currency to be found, they had to of mixed the boxes up...would also mean we didn't even get that extra chance at a jackpot :(

The Lady
04-25-2016, 04:42 PM
I got the regular box, 3 blues, 1 purple, and 20 arkforge. Got the premium cause I had bits for some reason got 3 blues, 1 purple, and that was it. Seems the regular box was better because it gave the extra.

Claydough
04-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Lol, the crates were mixed up

Would be even funnier if they removed the pullers, keys and hr's everyone got.

Its also funny that not a single person noticed the "increased chances at a jp" buying these crates.

Almost make me wanna go test this out on pts, work out the actual jp drop rate....

r1p
04-25-2016, 04:56 PM
I just want the premium currency they are supposed to drop. The lockbox vendor keycode box has been dropping premium currency and silly me I thought Trion was doing something nice for us, but them I bought some from the bit store and no premium currency to be found, they had to of mixed the boxes up...would also mean we didn't even get that extra chance at a jackpot :(

That sucks hard. I hope they give everyone that spent bits on them their premium currency.

Trogathorna
04-25-2016, 05:04 PM
I just want the premium currency they are supposed to drop.

Me too. Have a feeling we will never see it....or we will only see a fraction of what we should have gotten from the boxes.

Chump Norris
04-25-2016, 06:58 PM
Be sure to put a ticket in, they got back to mine and gave me 2 keycodes and 20 forge..better than nothing.

I only bought 3 boxes before I realized I wasn't getting my currency so I didn't expect a bunch.

Nightmare390
04-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Be sure to put a ticket in, they got back to mine and gave me 2 keycodes and 20 forge..better than nothing.

I only bought 3 boxes before I realized I wasn't getting my currency so I didn't expect a bunch.

This exactly. They are aware of the problem and can see how many failed to compensate you with premium currency and they will reimburse

stefb42
04-26-2016, 01:26 AM
This exactly. They are aware of the problem and can see how many failed to compensate you with premium currency and they will reimburse

Nah, I had 30+ fail and I got 100 forge and 10 hunter reqs, so min 20 forge per box equals 5 plus 1 HR per box is 10 so got less than half back

Trogathorna
04-26-2016, 01:50 AM

Yeah i did. Stiill waiting for a response. I bought 26 boxes before i realized i wasn't getting the currency lol.

Lycan Nightshade
04-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Standard t4 lockboxes jp chance: .0000001%
Increased chances t4 lockboxes jp chance: .00000010000001%.....

Destromathe
04-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just recently addressed this issue in full in a separate thread. Please feel free to read this here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?240199-Armistice-Premium-Elite-Lock-Box-Missing-Currency.