PDA

View Full Version : Great video for general discussion

missmar
04-25-2016, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U

found this in another thread but I wanna repost for visibility because it's such a clear-cut description of the era of gaming we're in.

developers shouldn't exclusively pander to the gambling 'whales' or the average player will leave.

to keep the average player, keep costs CHEAP and their purchases will add up quickly, especially since they will want to keep playing if it's worth their buck.

i think the average player will agree that spending money on a 'chance' is only worth the expenditure if it's cheap. like, a dollar cheap.

there's always a rotation of the 'gambling boxes' that is clearly for the 'whales' that shell out buttloads of cash, but they can be part of the community too-- by distributing mods for the rest of players who definitely 100% will never spend more than $5 on a single chance.

the best thing that game developers could do to keep players in a situation like this, is add pure content that works and keeps things fresh.

one of the coolest features about trove is that the community can contribute content to the game, like weapons and dungeon lairs, picking up the slack on content where developers can't.

hell, i'll play good money to get whatever feature would give me the ability to design new weapons, hats, outfits to add to defiance. or what about a small fee to be able to design your own sprite to a spike? like, 'banner spikes' that show your emblem. (like the way other FPS games allowed you to combine the colors and prefab sprites for your emblem, and your combination of the layers and colors is what makes it fun)

I could go on and on, but

whatcha think?

clay marrow
04-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the link..bump.

Bentu
04-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Interesting video and I believe that I've said much the same here before but not so eloquently.