PDA

View Full Version : IGN Defiance Walkthrough

Myll_Erik
02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Howdy Folks!

Here's a 73 minute walkthrough of Defiance - enjoy!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/defiance-one-hour-with-defiance

Let us know what you think!

Dekar
02-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Howdy Folks!

I believe "what we think" is pretty unanimous... "WANT"

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Howdy Folks!

ill let you know what i think.... SOON...

see how that feels... hurts dont it?...

nah good stuff. but wheres the codes? seriously?

Halcyon
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
New vehicle we haven't seen.. the dunebuggy. The dunebuggy is around the 22 minute mark.

Duskky
02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Dunebuggy. Oh yes.

Nero012
02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Boom baby lance does it again!! Virtual red bull for you brother.

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 11:47 AM
New vehicle we haven't seen.. the dunebuggy. The dunebuggy is around the 22 minute mark.

good spot looks awesome!

Myll_Erik
02-20-2013, 11:47 AM

Yay! Red Bull!

Archangel
02-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Howdy Folks!

sick! can't wait to watch during my lunch today.

The truck was within the first 5 minutes for us. I am liking all the different cars being shown so far. I hope we can get an eletic hybrid.

Maybe an Aptera, a local bay area company who makes a great energy efficient car AND it looks cool.
http://www.aptera.com/vehicles.php

what the car looks like:
http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/Media/425x255/0e/0ef147e30d674c17978d72348208f38d.jpg

i believe they started in the bay area.

Anywho, great stuff thanks Lance!

Rokkrwolf
02-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah I noticed the new vehicle we haven't see yet as well. It looks nifty :)

There is also a ton of questions that aren't listed in the FAQ and or more detailed questions, so I will have Prime update it it once I am done pulling any info.

Halcyon
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Showing off the scrapworks coop instance at 46 min mark which shows new enemy group--the dark matter.

Dekar
02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Showing off the scrapworks coop instance at 46 min mark which shows new enemy group--the dark matter.

That's the part I really like.

Archangel
02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
whoa this video is on the xbox.

So all you console people should watch this.

Argent
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Well done Trion! Can't wait for the game to go live or the next event.

-Argent

Halcyon
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
That's the part I really like.

Yea, I like the Dark Matter Bulwark at 52 min mark, big robot thing.

Duskky
02-20-2013, 12:32 PM
A lot of people on the IGN comments on the Walkthrough are bashing Defiance .-.

Well, I for one like the video and can't wait to see more.

Smitch
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM

God Himself could put a demo of Paradise on the internet and people would bash it. Usually without trying it or knowing anything about it.

Dead_Phoenix
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM

when are they ever happy?

Rokkrwolf
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
when are they ever happy?
Trolls will be trolls, if they don't like it that's their problem.

Mr666
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
It was said in the video servers were unsure of region lock can we get a answer on that in detail. Also There was no sure answer on the max of number of guild/clan members can we get a sure fix on that too. Thank you for showing Xbox game play I asked for it not even a day ago and you guys gave it to us. I don't know if that was luck or you guys listening but either way I enjoy it.

DuoMaxwell007
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM

except i posted it first :p

Doc
02-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Dang, I keep trying to load it unsuccessfully.

Warhead
02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Glad to see it runs smooth on the 360. Also glad to see the game getting more publicity. IGN has a wide reach and every bit helps.

Moosealini
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Very interesting walkthrough. Makes me want the game even more.

DefiantFury
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
It was nice to finally see some 360 gameplay. I truly hope that was an alpha build because I saw several glitches and the graphics were fairly mediocre. It was an interesting to see an achievement pop up in alpha gameplay.

Where was the reward loot for completing the instance? Where's the skill involved as a team? All it honestly seemed was an endless spawning of enemy waves.

DuoMaxwell007
02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
It was nice to finally see some 360 gameplay. I truly hope that was an alpha build because I saw several glitches and the graphics were fairly mediocre. It was an interesting to see an achievement pop up in alpha gameplay.

Where was the reward loot for completing the instance? Where's the skill involved as a team? All it honestly seemed was an endless spawning of enemy waves.

I seriously hope instance co op is endless waves of enemies.. i get enough of that "horde mode" crap in co op on non MMO shooters.. i hope the co op instances have an objective and you and your team have to go from point a to point b while killing things on the way then complete the objective at the end (be it fighting a boss, delivering an item or pressing a switch)

Archangel
02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
I seriously hope instance co op is endless waves of enemies.. i get enough of that "horde mode" crap in co op on non MMO shooters.. i hope the co op instances have an objective and you and your team have to go from point a to point b while killing things on the way then complete the objective at the end (be it fighting a boss, delivering an item or pressing a switch)

Duo did you watch the end of the video? They were in a 4 player instance that seemed pretty intense. Might be the thing your looking for.

Nos
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM

lPATT
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I w a n t a p l a y n o w !

IGears
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Besides the bashing, people on IGN really don't know anything about the game. Need More Cowbell!!
Also people are concern about next gen. console and if it worth buying the game now

Rokkrwolf
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Besides the bashing, people on IGN really don't know anything about the game. Need More Cowbell!!
Also people are concern about next gen. console and if it worth buying the game now

Sure they are concerned but I doubt it will be a issue, the way the next gen is looking anyways doesn't look promising to get rid of the current gen.

cab0218
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Ya the whole no used games really sucks.

DuoMaxwell007
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Duo did you watch the end of the video? They were in a 4 player instance that seemed pretty intense. Might be the thing your looking for.

really intense doesnt mean its not a horde/wave mode :p and no i havent watched it lol i wanna be completely surprised when i play the game

Archangel
02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
really intense doesnt mean its not a horde/wave mode :p and no i havent watched it lol i wanna be completely surprised when i play the game

You are like my brother in law lol.

Wont watch anything to not spoil anything. Thats hard core mi amigo. I dont have the patience lol

ZurkaFiend
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Pretty awesome video. Definitely put to rest some questions I had about the XBox 360 version of Defiance. Basically this video just made the wait that much more brutal.

SweetMadness
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Needed more Infector. :p

God Himself could put a demo of Paradise on the internet and people would bash it. Usually without trying it or knowing anything about it.

This a billion times and more. Their opinions are of no consequence, they can go back to playing Copy of Duty: Remake of Last November's Release.

DJTrig
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Really hope the game killer bugs are gone by launch,probably wasn't a good idea going back for a second try.Liked everything else shown but i am confused with numbers after watching that.He said they needed a new icon to highlight upto 1000 players which would suggest,based on the use of the back-pack info,that i can play with 999 other people at one time.That sounds silly and is no doubt just a mis-use of the pack info (which has been done before).

The part that really confuses me is that to my understanding SW is 96 players and i have heard that more can spectate from the side-lines.Also we keep hearing about playing with hundreds of people,because you don't need to group,on quests and such.If all that is true then how and why are the supposed open world dynamic events such as arkfalls only 50 players.

Hope that makes sence and doesn't just sound like i am *****ing,its late and my mind is kinda numb after watching that ps4 ****.

Nervusbreakdown
02-20-2013, 09:41 PM
please someone tell me that the recording of that ign was poor because it looked like crap and ran as bad?

DuoMaxwell007
02-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Really hope the game killer bugs are gone by launch,probably wasn't a good idea going back for a second try.Liked everything else shown but i am confused with numbers after watching that.He said they needed a new icon to highlight upto 1000 players which would suggest,based on the use of the back-pack info,that i can play with 999 other people at one time.That sounds silly and is no doubt just a mis-use of the pack info (which has been done before).

The part that really confuses me is that to my understanding SW is 96 players and i have heard that more can spectate from the side-lines.Also we keep hearing about playing with hundreds of people,because you don't need to group,on quests and such.If all that is true then how and why are the supposed open world dynamic events such as arkfalls only 50 players.

Hope that makes sence and doesn't just sound like i am *****ing,its late and my mind is kinda numb after watching that ps4 ****.

umm have you EVER played an MMO before? just because thousands of ppl can play doesnt mean theyre all gonna be around you, and arkfall can have more than 50 ppl but the game is on a HUGE map so the other 950 are in other parts of the map doing other things or other arkfalls.. but theoretically 1000 people could do one arkfall if they wanted..

lPATT
02-20-2013, 09:58 PM
please someone tell me that the recording of that ign was poor because it looked like crap and ran as bad?

it was a alpha build and i watch it in 360p and it didn't look much different from pc alpha

JustinD92
02-20-2013, 10:38 PM
How did I know Phoenix would be right behind lance. Waiting for that 6 digit code to pop up. Lance is making it difficult for you phoenix!
ill let you know what i think.... SOON...

see how that feels... hurts dont it?...

nah good stuff. but wheres the codes? seriously?

Dekar
02-20-2013, 11:36 PM

The chop that you saw in the video was just a flaw in the recording and upload. happens a LOT with console capture cards. Don't worry, the final product will be smooth as butter. (We assume)

SweetMadness
02-21-2013, 02:26 AM

Well if you'd paid attention to the commentary...

"This is a four week old Alpha."
A month old Alpha build...

DJTrig
02-21-2013, 04:20 AM
umm have you EVER played an MMO before? just because thousands of ppl can play doesnt mean theyre all gonna be around you, and arkfall can have more than 50 ppl but the game is on a HUGE map so the other 950 are in other parts of the map doing other things or other arkfalls.. but theoretically 1000 people could do one arkfall if they wanted..

Watch the video before making silly comments,there is no theoretcal about it as he says a number of times that 50 is the limit for an arkfall.So if 50 people are doing an arkfall then what happens when i turn up,am i locked out of participating or just from getting reward or do i get sharded off to start it on my own until more people turn up.

And yeah i have done a few over the years but that isn't the point,the point is that the info on the back of an xbox game is ment to be litteral.I would guess they are using that number because that is the server limit or something and 1-1000 looks a lot better than co-op 4+,multi upto 96.But as small a detail as that is i can see a mass of complaints about it when people get onto the real figures just like other games that have had "mis-prints" on that info.

Dead_Phoenix
02-21-2013, 04:44 AM
How did I know Phoenix would be right behind lance. Waiting for that 6 digit code to pop up. Lance is making it difficult for you phoenix!

im starting think he hates me :( has to be a code... Somewhere...

Escyos
02-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Watch the video before making silly comments,there is no theoretcal about it as he says a number of times that 50 is the limit for an arkfall.So if 50 people are doing an arkfall then what happens when i turn up,am i locked out of participating or just from getting reward or do i get sharded off to start it on my own until more people turn up.

The way I understand it, its not like you get kicked out or excluded, you can still join in. Chances are though even if there are 10,000 people on an Xbox US server, not all of them would participate and if they did you would probably get very little as you could not even hit an enemy at all.

MOnte
02-21-2013, 05:34 AM
Will have to check it out when I get home from work.

Tzar of kaos
02-21-2013, 05:57 AM
First,i want to say that i'm happy to see something coming from a console version...But i was surprise to see so much spoilers in that video.Put the whole intro & commentaries about the story line and what will happen until the TV show' pilot that' curious.
Caractere creation is just average for 2013 video game & as a shooter it's nice but it's a classic "run,shoot,jump" can't take cover,no breath control with a sniper rifle...That doesn't means that i didn't like it but i just thought of something a bit different because this is the kind of game we spend hours on it and need different ways to play it...But at last that' nice to see some gameplay video...
PS:The IGN host is a joke,next time should get more info before doing an interview... :eek:

Warhead
02-21-2013, 06:01 AM
First,i want to say that i'm happy to see something coming from a console version...But i was surprise to see so much spoilers in that video.Put the whole intro & commentaries about the story line and what will happen until the TV show' pilot that' curious.
Caractere creation is just average for 2013 video game & as a shooter it's nice but it's a classic "run,shoot,jump" can't take cover,no breath control with a sniper rifle...That doesn't means that i didn't like it but i just thought of something a bit different because this is the kind of game we spend hours on it and need different ways to play it...But at last that' nice to see some gameplay video...
PS:The IGN host is a joke,next time should get more info before doing an interview... :eek:

I bet he knew most if not all of the answers to the questions. Interviewers/commentors often times ask questions they know the answer to so things sound more conversational.

Tzar of kaos
02-21-2013, 06:19 AM
I bet he knew most if not all of the answers to the questions. Interviewers/commentors often times ask questions they know the answer to so things sound more conversational.

Rob Hill was ok,but the guy from IGN act like it was the first time he heards about that game,and not feels really involve to it.But that just a detail.Next time IGN should let me doing it,i'll show 'em... :)

KnightHeat
02-21-2013, 06:34 AM
LOLZ at seeing Lance playing the game at 22:38, and then driving off!! ljames /win man hahhaa

StickyChief
02-21-2013, 07:13 AM
At 44:23 when Ryan stands next to the other player, it brings up a quick menu. In that quick menu under the matchmaking tab, there's a tab called chat channels. I wonder what the different channels are?

Darktide
02-21-2013, 07:23 AM
It's time like these that make me think "Why do I work in a shop making frames and photos and not working as a a game tester. Or even as someone on IGN."

Dekar
02-21-2013, 09:50 AM
It's time like these that make me think "Why do I work in a shop making frames and photos and not working as a a game tester. Or even as someone on IGN."
Game testing is RISKY man. Especially at big companies. I've seen a lot of good stories at smaller companies that are really focused on making a great game, but if you've got producers with more money than you can imagine, like EA, then run. Run away and never look back. No job security, no real benefits, and it will burn a hate for videogaming into your SOUL. I know from experience, QA is no picnic if you're not a consultant. It CAN however be an excellent job if you ARE a consultant or part of a contracted company. :) I worked from home, made great money, and only went through 2 pots of coffee a day.

IGears
02-21-2013, 01:19 PM
lol im now watching this at work again.

MOnte
02-22-2013, 06:11 AM
Ok, finished watching this. I must say, I am impressed and to be honest I didn't think I would have been that impressed. Nice Job!

GkarukDefiance
02-23-2013, 07:13 AM
I just watched this, very impressed (like I was when saw and took part in the Rift Alpha/Beta) and now weighing up whether to pre-order Xbox or PC version.

Firstly I appreciate its been in Dev 5 years and its old tech in the current console. I also really appreciated the honesty the dev guy explaining how hard its been for them to keep up with current tech and expectations against other new titles.

My questions are:
1. If new Xbox/PS consoles launch this year can we expect graphical improvement in the game say 6 to 12 months after the console launches in form of a patch, to take the benefits of the improved tech. Similar to the way a game quality/effects increases when you replace your PC Gfx card?

2. Can Trion or experts on the game give a Pro/Cons against Xbox Vs PC to help games of both to make an informed decision of which to purchase?

Again, thanks to the Dev overview and long vid with IGN.

Gkaruk

DuoMaxwell007
02-23-2013, 08:38 AM
I seriously hope they meant te ALPHA is using old tech why use old tech on a ps3/xbox/pc game... sure i dont expect the game to look like Uncharted but I expect it to at least look like a PS3 game lol