PDA

View Full Version : Steam and my computer

Arcanis411
04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Bought the game and downloaded it, but do not have it attached to steam, it came separate, how do I link the two?

Senel
04-06-2013, 08:40 PM
I just run it through Steam as a non-steam game and get the overlay which is the only beneficial thing. However you can link it to your library i'm just not the best educated in the process but there are guides and such on these very forums.

Arcanis411
04-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I mean i want steam to recognize it is a real game

TimeViewer
04-06-2013, 08:47 PM
You can add non steam games but the steam and stand alone are different clients, you can't use it as a steam game if that's what you're thinking, only add it as a non steam game. I had to make a few choices myself, the codes you use for each will work, like if you buy the steam one and had pre ordered the gamestop one you can use all the codes for one account (did that myself, preordered the gamestop ultimate and preordered the steam digital deluxe so I got all the goodies from both) (btw if anyone wants to gripe about that I paid a LOT so stuff it) :)

All codes are managed via Defiance's web site, so everything you buy, game and cards gets handled here. I just like having everything organized in Steam since I have nearly 250 games there

Senel
04-06-2013, 08:55 PM
You can add non steam games but the steam and stand alone are different clients

Well they're not different clients per say people were able to pre-load steam using the client from Trion. Which what i meant that there are guides for this Arcanis, i believe it goes something like copying the files you downloaded from Trion over to steam and then have steam check it's integrity or something along those lines like i said i'm not an expert in this aspect just saying there is a way and a guide on these forums i'm just not having luck finding it to link it to you. Sorry D:

Arcanis411
04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
anyone know of a link? I cant seem to find it

Senel
04-06-2013, 09:23 PM
anyone know of a link? I cant seem to find it

I've been looking but still can't find it however let's try this...

Start the patcher through steam when it starts stop it. Then go over to where ever steam is located on your PC and look for the Defiance labeled folder that was created. Once you find that copy the files over from the download you got from Trion. After that start the patcher again and hopefully it'll recognize the files and skip the download. Unfortunately since download for steam is through the patcher having it check the integrity won't work at least thats what i think. Ideally when you start the patcher the last time you'll see it look like it's downloading but at an extremely fast rate like 100mb/s+ because it's not downloading but checking the files.

This isn't the proper guide but i'm trying here and its plausible that this would work unless im overlooking something.

Mur
04-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Bought the game and downloaded it, but do not have it attached to steam, it came separate, how do I link the two?

Don't. Just download the client, input the codes and disable steam while you play so you don't crash.

Arcanis411
04-06-2013, 09:28 PM
I wish there was a simple integrated search :/