PDA

View Full Version : Glitched Gun

RKZX2
05-03-2016, 12:36 PM
ok. first. i did contact Trion about this. they kinda played dumb. they know the mechanics of this game much better than i do. so what could it hurt to try here. ok. i have an RS Bezerker shotty. i changed the purple roll & got another ****ty roll. now the gun is locked & i cannot reset it. the option to reset tier is not even there. someone said trade it & the other person can fix it. i tried that & it did not work. any suggestions from the veterans?

xXxDSMer
05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Doesn't sound like a glitch to me. It's a missing feature that should have been added with the reroll a roll system to where we could remove the lock when the locked roll matches the original roll.

But since that wasn't added, we're stuck having to roll the locked roll again to get the rerolled roll different than the original roll - before we can reset tier bonuses and remove the lock resetting the weapon to its original rolls.

TLDR version: roll it just one more time, the reset tier bonuses option should reappear, then you can remove the lock and reset the weapon to all original rolls (then roll a different tier if you so desire)

RKZX2
05-03-2016, 01:04 PM
i forgot to mention i have done that. twice. wasted 100 af. roll remains the same (on full reload +3% life steal) that might be good on a courier. but not on this gun 30 round mag.

Johnny Gatt
05-03-2016, 07:26 PM
I avoid changing purple rolls for this reason. I may tweak the blue roll if gun is otherwise decent. If purple roll is not good I will usually leave the gun oj rather than going gold with it.

RKZX2
05-03-2016, 11:26 PM
i sent a ticket with a pic to Trion. i'll wait to see they resolve this. but to answer your question GATT. it's an RS Bezerker with a 30 round mag. "+3% life steal on full reload" is practically a useless roll.

xXxDSMer
05-04-2016, 11:11 PM
"+3% life steal on full reload" is a useless purple roll anyway. As is the shield steal version of it. 3% for 2 or 3 seconds ain't crap.

And if that is the actual default purple roll of the weapon, that's what you're stuck with when you reset tier bonus. If that roll is a dealbreaker, just break it off with the gun (sell it)

Also worth mentioning: if you rolled purple twice from the no reset tier bonuses option available state - it is actually possible that you landed back on the roll that's causing the reset tier bonuses option to not show up. Which would be exactly why I said to do it a single time from that state of no option to reset tier bonus.
Rerolling only guarantees you won't land on the same exact roll for ONE reroll. The roll you're trying to get rid of gets added back to the possible rolls on a 2nd roll: Ya roll twice: ya might just end up right back where ya started.

Claydough
05-05-2016, 01:37 AM
"3% life steal on full reload" should just be "3% life steal*

RKZX2
05-05-2016, 10:08 PM
wow. Trion was so helpful on this. here is their response.

Your request (614091) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.

GM Meowser (Trion Worlds)
May 5, 23:55

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We are very thankful for your diligence in reporting these issues. I've forwarded your concerns over to our development team. You will not hear back directly regarding this suggestion, as our development team weighs in on many different issues and cannot reply to each one individually. I would suggest keeping your eyes on our forums, which can be found at the below link:

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?73-Bug-Reports-and-Issues

You can also post any future bugs/suggestions on these forums as the Defiance development team is constantly reviewing them.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance. Your reference number for this question is 614091.

Sincerely,

GM Meowser

Trion Worlds Inc

please tell me how this is resolved? so the gun is still glitched & i'm out 100 ark forge. awesome.

Menetekel
05-06-2016, 12:08 AM
If you reroll to the original roll then the option to reset doesn't appear... it has to be different from the original roll in order for the reset to show up.

Don't now if this is the case but if you re-rolled twice and got the same as the original roll on the second try then the teir reset won't show up. Don't know if that's how it was intended but has happened to me on numerous weapons. Once the purple roll is something different from the original roll you should be able to reset the gun and unlock it so you could change a different teir after that if you wanted to.

Don't know if this helps but hey I tried ;D

nick145
05-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We are very thankful for your diligence in reporting these issues. I've forwarded your concerns over to our development team. You will not hear back directly regarding this suggestion, as our development team weighs in on many different issues and cannot reply to each one individually. I would suggest keeping your eyes on our forums, which can be found at the below link:

lol this is their go to automatic response for almost every problem you submit now. trions support team is a joke. the only thing worth submiting a ticket about is auto extracts and thats just because they will usually refund you your hunter res.

RKZX2
05-06-2016, 03:53 PM
problem resolved. i would delete thread but i think only admins can do that.

xXxDSMer
05-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Did it happen to get resolved by rolling the locked tier a single time as I originally said? lol