PDA

View Full Version : There is a special place in hell for people who shoot skitterlings.

Xavier Horovitz
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
If I could find you and break your Xbox 360/PS3/PC, I so so SO would.

ForkInSocket
04-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Is it shared by the guys who drive armored personnel carriers around the Arkfalls? Or is theirs a higher circle of Dante's inferno?

Beats
04-06-2013, 08:49 PM
If I could find you and break your Xbox 360/PS3/PC, I so so SO would.

yeah, I hate how it's hard to convey to not shoot them over chat since people don't see it or it gets spammed away by whatever else is happening.

Dan3000au
04-06-2013, 08:51 PM
after they make the holes in the crystal THEN YOU CAN SHOT THEM.... just not before hand mek? OR ILL EAT YOU SOUL!

Victim Eyes
04-06-2013, 08:52 PM
you're just fueling their inner-troll even more by making these topics

iam onlyme
04-06-2013, 08:53 PM
I do it when there are 60 plus ppl in a minor just to get people to rage out. When the go away it helps with latency

Dante_Ravenkin
04-06-2013, 08:53 PM
I think the word needs to get out to turn off aim assist (On consoles anyway). I've had my reticle drop from the weakspot on a crystal to a skitterling in front of it. Turning aim assist off stopped that, so spread the word!

Phenom
04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Agreed. Although, I'm still hopeful that most people are either doing it by accident during some lag, or that more players will learn in time not to shoot them.

thejx4
04-06-2013, 09:00 PM
It's honestly not even made clear that you SHOULDN'T shoot skitterlings. Arkfalls get hectic and people tend to annoy EGO because she's annoying as all hell.

Crunchyblack
04-06-2013, 09:01 PM
it was me, I did it to pad my kill count.

Rebel Raven
04-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Okay, lemme ask since I have to wait a few days, and I might've missed it in the Beta.

Does the game tell you what skitterlings do in arkfalls? If not, cut the players some slack, and tell them that skitterlings help, kay?

Not everyone played the beta, and even those that did can just find out this sort of thing. Hell, I had no idea until well after the beta.

Stop acting like it's common knowledge and make it common knowledge. Pretty sure there's a rung in hell for people that don't. Ironically they make it for themselves.

Embril
04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Okay, lemme ask since I have to wait a few days, and I might've missed it in the Beta.

Does the game tell you what skitterlings do in arkfalls? If not, cut the players some slack, and tell them that skitterlings help, kay?

Not everyone played the beta, and even those that did can just find out this sort of thing. Hell, I had no idea until well after the beta.

Stop acting like it's common knowledge and make it common knowledge. Pretty sure there's a rung in hell for people that don't. Ironically they make it for themselves.

Yes, it does tell you. "Look, that skitterling bit a hole in the crystal! Shoot that spot for extra damage."

There is a hellbug arkfall where you DO want to shoot the skitterlings, though, and I've noticed that a lot of people don't even do it at that one because they're afraid to make someone mad or something.

Honestly, I don't care if people shoot them to a point. It's the people who don't get out of their cars that I can't stand.

Munx
04-06-2013, 09:28 PM
I shoot skitterlings all the time, but only when no one else is around :p

Pasha
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
There are two types of arkfalls: blue - you shoot stuff, orange/yellow - you shoot crystal (and don't shoot small bugs).

However substantial part of players simply don't understand English.

Rebel Raven
04-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes, it does tell you. "Look, that skitterling bit a hole in the crystal! Shoot that spot for extra damage."

There is a hellbug arkfall where you DO want to shoot the skitterlings, though, and I've noticed that a lot of people don't even do it at that one because they're afraid to make someone mad or something.

Honestly, I don't care if people shoot them to a point. It's the people who don't get out of their cars that I can't stand.

Fair enough. Still, spreading the word might help. I certainly plan on it once I start playing.

Night Stalker
04-06-2013, 10:11 PM
I just found this out today actually, never paid attention or noticed to with all the madness going on.

LordRaymond
04-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I will now just shoot them just for fun.

Kris Woodsman
04-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I hate people who spam grenade launchers. Winds up killing all the skitterlings the cars miss.

Sludge
04-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm leveling up BMG which is bad news for skitterlings at orange crystals :(

Sorry guys

Zyvaks
04-06-2013, 10:47 PM
i drive the hell out of my challenger at blue chrystals!!
HONK HONK :p

Cynical_Dementia
04-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm leveling up BMG which is bad news for skitterlings at orange crystals :(

Sorry guys

You CAN level up a BMG with the healing function instead of mass electrocuting everything within 50 meters. And healing counts towards the damage meter in arkfalls. I would know, I did a full Hellion arkfall just healing and scored top by a hundred thousand or so.

Dolnor
04-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Yeppers, healing will always get you top spot in Arkfalls! -)

TQQdles™

Cynical_Dementia
04-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeppers, healing will always get you top spot in Arkfalls! -)

TQQdles™

I feel bad sometimes, but on some of them it seems a vital part of the game. One healer is usually enough, two is pushing it, three is major overkill.
I once saw four healers and when it ended they were close to the bottom lol

Fatewalker
04-06-2013, 11:48 PM
835/2500 once I complete this pursuit i will stop. Not everyone is doing this to make people rage or because they are noobs. some are doing it for the legendary arkfall hunter title

Cynical_Dementia
04-06-2013, 11:50 PM
835/2500 once I complete this pursuit i will stop. Not everyone is doing this to make people rage or because they are noobs. some are doing it for the legendary arkfall hunter title

I don't think I've ever intentionally killed a skitterling, but it's annoying when I'm shooting a crystal and then leap into my cone of fire and get wrecked.

Fatewalker
04-06-2013, 11:54 PM
I try to go to arkfalls that no one is at, so i can kill as many as possible. when people show up I only stop trying tp kill them when it takes more than a clip to kill them. only a couple of more days before i complete this pursuit. Just reminding people some people kill them for legit reasons.

Kugelfaenger
04-06-2013, 11:58 PM
:rolleyes:Your "LEGIT" reason gets the arkfalls to fail:rolleyes:
Why you noobs dont understand that?

Fatewalker
04-07-2013, 12:03 AM

part of the pursuit is to complete said arkfalls. I have yet to fail one, unless u count beta, but i was def a newb then.

and i have had to dps down a core due to people doing this. can still be done without the weak spots

Mite Bejerkenauf
04-07-2013, 12:04 AM
It's near impossible to actually fail an Arkfall event unless you are trying incredibly hard to not aim.
Killing skitterlings who have already bitten the crystal increases your damage output and it's pretty difficult to get top damage and be a soul crystal attacker all in one.

Cynical_Dementia
04-07-2013, 12:04 AM

I haven't really seen a probably with them failing, you do deal damage to the crystals regardless of the weak spot.
Then again, I see people just stand there during the 10 second "They're regrouping, get prepared!" parts. lol

Mahemium
04-07-2013, 12:10 AM
As someone who drove over enemies during arkfalls in the beta, not realizing it made things harder, I apologise, I didn't know at the time. If the EGO specifically instructs players on this point; it went right over my head because I just zone out when it talks as the VA is simply terrible.

Opus
04-07-2013, 12:47 AM
-- When they're at one of the majors do it, I ask 3 or 4 times for them to stop and explain why. If they ignore me, I walk to the outer most part of the circle and just watch them. Especially when the blast pods show up and they start getting dropped. It's fun. Especially when time runs out and they all wonder why.

-- When people are at a minor ark fall doing this, after doing the explanation thing, I just stand there and pump as much ammo into the crystal as possible with overcharge on. Infectors work well, especially when there's no more weak spots. I usually get away with this since everyone's so gung ho to kill everything and I don't have to worry about things sneaking up on me.

-- If vehicles show up, I just flat out leave.

Also, it seems like the further south you go on the map, the more people know what they're doing. We completed a major scrapper today in San Fran fairly quickly, with very few people. It was great!