PDA

View Full Version : Lockboxes

The Nobody
05-28-2016, 08:50 AM
So I'm kinda new to this game, gathered 64 keycodes and was about to buy my first lockbox. Now I've read a lot about of how much better Tier 3 boxes are. A few other people say that's not true and a Google docs sheet says the same. Informations come from 2013 though. Got anyone some newer informations on this?

Mrdr
05-28-2016, 09:00 AM
So I'm kinda new to this game, gathered 64 keycodes and was about to buy my first lockbox. Now I've read a lot about of how much better Tier 3 boxes are. A few other people say that's not true and a Google docs sheet says the same. Informations come from 2013 though. Got anyone some newer informations on this?

I would go with the expert lock box. You'll get many many many keys throughout your ark hunting career. You can go for the t3 box anytime. I almost always go for the expert box. Since you're new to the game you'll likely get better gear from the expert than what is in your inventory right now. You may have the same experience with the t3 box too, but you're first elite box is exciting to see what you get. Have fun with it and go with your gut...you'll be getting tons of lockboxes so there's no wrong way to go. :)

llls1cKb0ylll
05-28-2016, 09:01 AM
both are the same crap, at least on elites (64 keys) u can get up to 100 arkforge or the current jackpot
forget bout geting any decent weapon out of em tho, pretty sure they were nerfed when premium elites came out, now all they drop are 2 purps and a blue, maybe a oj nanoless/backpack syn time to time if u lucky

The Nobody
05-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Hehe so even here erveryone have a different opinion about lockboxes, I guess.

DiskoSvir
05-28-2016, 09:51 AM
I got some nice oj sniper rifles from elite lockboxes but that's about it and for some reason I'm getting loads of oj (useless) shotguns from it.

Mrdr
05-28-2016, 10:06 AM
both are the same crap, at least on elites (64 keys) u can get up to 100 arkforge or the current jackpot
forget bout geting any decent weapon out of em tho, pretty sure they were nerfed when premium elites came out, now all they drop are 2 purps and a blue, maybe a oj nanoless/backpack syn time to time if u lucky

You say they're crap because you're a higher ego and your inventory is probably decent. OP is just starting out so pretty much any grape he pulls will likely be better than what he has now...the boxes are all crap as you ego up.

Johnny Gatt
05-28-2016, 02:56 PM
I would go with expert boxes as a newer player.
Here is my reasoning why: They are cheaper and you can buy more of them. The blue and sometimes purples you get can be useful as you level up, they are cheaper to maintain than ojs. You can even simply discard old blues and purples for new ones if you are levelling fast.

One thing that players don't realize, is how expensive it is to maintain good ojs. If you are ego 500 and have an ego 500 oj gun fine. Tomorrow you are ego 600. The cost is 25 forge to upgrade the gun. If you have 25 forge fine gun is 600 ego too. You reach ego 900 in two more days. You were busy playing and did not think about your gun level. You now need 75 forge to upgrade gun. You equip a blue or purple gun and keep playing. In a few weeks you are nearly 2000 ego. Ego on gun is still 600. It soon gets too expensive to maintain and that is if you only get one oj.

I would wait on the elite boxes until 5000 ego. After that, levelling slows down quite a bit, and the good stuff you collect from then on will be easier to maintain.

Mrdr
05-28-2016, 03:02 PM
Here is my reasoning why: They are cheaper and you can buy more of them. The blue and sometimes purples you get can be useful as you level up, they are cheaper to maintain than ojs. You can even simply discard old blues and purples for new ones if you are levelling fast.

One thing that players don't realize, is how expensive it is to maintain good ojs. If you are ego 500 and have an ego 500 oj gun fine. Tomorrow you are ego 600. The cost is 25 forge to upgrade the gun. If you have 25 forge fine gun is 600 ego too. You reach ego 900 in two more days. You were busy playing and did not think about your gun level. You now need 75 forge to upgrade gun. You equip a blue or purple gun and keep playing. In a few weeks you are nearly 2000 ego. Ego on gun is still 600. It soon gets too expensive to maintain and that is if you only get one oj.

I would wait on the elite boxes until 5000 ego. After that, levelling slows down quite a bit, and the good stuff you collect from then on will be easier to maintain.

Forgot about the maintenance thing...Johnny's right...it's not cheap and arkforge is no longer easy to come by unless you've got deep pockets.

Bentu
05-28-2016, 03:17 PM
My ten pennith, use white weapons and buy t4 mods for them.
You'll score just as good as guys running around with grapes and ojs.
Re the boxes get whatever one you want and sell the contents to pay for more t4 mods for your other weapons.
Using white weapons means it's a hell of a lot cheaper maintaining them and the forge you get you can sell for scrip in game.
When you hit 5k roughly you'll have a pretty penny set aside to buy most any weapon you want and it doesn't take that long to level up if you do pursuits on the way.

The Nobody
05-28-2016, 03:23 PM

Hm got it. Stick to the cheaper ones, till my ego is high enough. Time to get a better shotgun then. Yesterday I realized that I was still using a ego 72 one while beeing 400 because I didn't find a better shotgun lol.

Mrdr
05-28-2016, 04:12 PM
Hm got it. Stick to the cheaper ones, till my ego is high enough. Time to get a better shotgun then. Yesterday I realized that I was still using a ego 72 one while beeing 400 because I didn't find a better shotgun lol.

You will get tons of shotguns in due time. Keep asking questions here and in your clan and you'll do just fine. :)

Edit: autocorrect is almost as annoying as auto-extract.

Calm like a Bomb
05-28-2016, 04:17 PM

If you really like that 72 ego shotgun just go into the salvage matrix and spend the arkforge to do a batch upgrade to increase its ego to your current ego.

The Nobody
05-28-2016, 05:40 PM
If you really like that 72 ego shotgun just go into the salvage matrix and spend the arkforge to do a batch upgrade to increase its ego to your current ego.
Found out you can do that a few minutes after I got myself a combat shotgun and salvaged the oder one. So yeah... Nevermind, I guess,

Johnny Gatt
05-28-2016, 05:44 PM
My ten pennith, use white weapons and buy t4 mods for them.
You'll score just as good as guys running around with grapes and ojs.
Re the boxes get whatever one you want and sell the contents to pay for more t4 mods for your other weapons.
Using white weapons means it's a hell of a lot cheaper maintaining them and the forge you get you can sell for scrip in game.
When you hit 5k roughly you'll have a pretty penny set aside to buy most any weapon you want and it doesn't take that long to level up if you do pursuits on the way.

White guns are not cheap... one is on exchange (xbox )for 300 million. It has a damage roll. Maybe I will buy it... remaster for dmg so it's a X2 dmg white gun. Slap on some t5 mods and resell for profit ... LOL