PDA

View Full Version : We still have no pet’s here. Pet’s, Carl !!!

PilotStarck
05-30-2016, 07:29 AM
Hello, dear members of Trion team! I want to help you make Defiance better. Today I want to tell about new available content with minimum of your job and money. Absolutely all resources already present in game. So, I want to propose 1) Pet system 2) New kind of major arkfall 3) Small storyline.

1) Pet. Pet can be a robot. It can be crafted from 2 parts – blueprint and “robot soul”. Blueprints we can get from WarMaster or from final chest in Dark Matter expedition. “Robot souls” we can get from new arkfall’s boss. Pets – small copies of already existed in game models. I played in another MMO earlier - Hellgate: Global (game is dead now, so – this is not advertising), and there was pets – Impregnable Sydonai, Impregnable Moloch – small copies of game bosses. You can make small gulanee, small warmaster, small hellbug monarch, small Nolan, small Irisa, small volge troopper, etc. Why robots? See: volges want to make some robots to spy to people and different votan fractions. So, Warmaster can have some kind of blueprints. DarkMatter want to spy to volge, so they can have volges spy robots blueprints. Drop chance have to be very small, pets and their components have to be untradeable. How to craft pet? This can be like when we buy s/f in fraction’s vendor shop, or Peacefull Volge tropper can craft it (see later in p.3 “Storyline”). Pets can gather loot from ground in small area, or can give us small boosts (5% shield capacity, 5 % health, etc, or can heal us in period 30-60 sec with 10-20% of health points, etc). We can choose our pet in window, like we choose weapon, vehicles, etc. Components can be stored in our inventory.
2) New arkfall. Trion, see: we have one boss, which never used in another parts of Defiance – this is final boss in Motherload co-op map. It looks very cool. And we saw he not to often. So, new arkfall can be 99s arkfall with this “Motherlode” boss. Make he more powerfull and deadly, and … all. How he can arrive – he can exit from huge underground machine (new better texture maybe needed for already existed, but large model), or huge helicopter can drop he from sky. This motherlode boss is cyborg, so he can drop “robot soul’ (computer mind, robot mind or s/f like this).
3) Storyline. No need, but better to have. In my mind, this can be occasion on road. Not friendy echelon mercenaries fire to us. After we kill them, we see friendly Volge. Small movie on game engine – he tell “thanks” and “you can find me at Muir” or “you can find me near Crater bar”. When we come to Muir/Crater, he in another movie tell us: “I am volge’s engineer, our head WarMaster want to make robot spy’s for different races. We also know, Dark Matters captains want to create their own spy robots. They already have bluprints. But I don’t want war, I am pacifist. So, I leaved my race’s nest. If you bring me robotic soul, blueprint, and some scrips and trash, I’ll make you little helper”. And after this volge becomes usual vendor with “E” entrance. If you don’t want this way, you can put usual “Von Bach robot crafting” vendor at Muir. Near can be recorder with Von Bach’s corporation’s information about volges/Dark Matter spy robots and announcements of our ability to make our own robot pet.

Trions profit after this changes: People will play game. Game will no empty and will alive (people will come everyday to get arkfall spike, and will play to get new reward). Some will buy patron. Some will buy hunter requisition for DarkMatter expedition. Some will buy inventory expander. Maybe, Trion can even make cheap DLC – if it will be with good storyline.

Trion, after TV show death (R.I.P), you got more freedom, you are free to make some changes – make pets, new futuristic vehicles, and so on. This universe is alive, so some changes, which absent in TV show, can appear.

Also, I can see Steam statistic – after each big event player’s quantity go down, we are tired after this events. And also, our reward is only useless weapon (sorry). We all need in new small gameplay components. I know how it works. I liked to make Mark of defiance earlier. Everyday I came to only make mark, “this will take 5 min”, - told I myself, and… I set down at 9:00 pm, and left game only at 11:00 pm – cuz after I saw arcfall, and joined, and then s/b called to help, then in town I saw man with cool weapon… and I want same, and I buy arkforges, etc… But now game become boring (sorry) – we have no more points of interest, we have weapon, shields, outfits. So, we need new small permanent changes, new points of interest. And, IMHO, this could not be only weapon, shields, outfits.

Later I’ll tell you my ideas about new available futuristic transport.

konstantinov
05-30-2016, 07:35 AM
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.

crazyged
05-30-2016, 08:19 AM
I have a story.

Once upon a time, long ago, there was a game that everybody played.

The end.

Wonka
05-30-2016, 11:07 AM
I like having pets no one else have. I also like playing with no lag and being able to see all players customizations.
Adding pets will make lag worse and PS3 crashes worse.

Ronin9572
05-30-2016, 01:00 PM
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.

LMAO love it!

Ghost Within
05-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Only way they would consider pets is if they charged bits for them and even then they wouldn't be working. Its simple Trion logic.

Crack
05-30-2016, 01:13 PM
200 people at a laggy event major...sure lets add a few hundred pets to the mix!

Im gonna go ahead and vote NO on that idea.

Ronin9572
05-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Not trying to make the OP feel bad while it would be a neat idea to have pets the game has to many issues as it is. I have played games where they had them and it was cool. But I don't think it really fits in here.

Johnny Gatt
05-30-2016, 03:35 PM
I have two pets that follow me everywhere as I play Defiance. I call them Crit and Hard Freeze.

Fallen_Aingeal
05-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Could you imagine the "duping" fiasco of pets? LOL

Thousands of "little bosses" running around causing the lag to make the game even more unplayable...

Good times...

Olaf
05-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Could you imagine the "duping" fiasco of pets? LOL

Thousands of "little bosses" running around causing the lag to make the game even more unplayable...

Good times...

I like the idea of legendary pets/companions lol. I'd like one of those Lil robots to follow me about healing my shield, although the lag it would cause would be game breaking I'm sure,not that our measly ps3 will be able to render them anyway.
I imagine if they did do it, the pets would require feeding two or three times a day, which could of course be purchased from the bitstore.

Gaige12
05-31-2016, 07:02 PM
Hello, dear members of Trion team! I want to help you make Defiance better. Today I want to tell about new available content with minimum of your job and money. Absolutely all resources already present in game. So, I want to propose 1) Pet system 2) New kind of major arkfall 3) Small storyline.

1) Pet. Pet can be a robot. It can be crafted from 2 parts – blueprint and “robot soul”. Blueprints we can get from WarMaster or from final chest in Dark Matter expedition. “Robot souls” we can get from new arkfall’s boss. Pets – small copies of already existed in game models. I played in another MMO earlier - Hellgate: Global (game is dead now, so – this is not advertising), and there was pets – Impregnable Sydonai, Impregnable Moloch – small copies of game bosses. You can make small gulanee, small warmaster, small hellbug monarch, small Nolan, small Irisa, small volge troopper, etc. Why robots? See: volges want to make some robots to spy to people and different votan fractions. So, Warmaster can have some kind of blueprints. DarkMatter want to spy to volge, so they can have volges spy robots blueprints. Drop chance have to be very small, pets and their components have to be untradeable. How to craft pet? This can be like when we buy s/f in fraction’s vendor shop, or Peacefull Volge tropper can craft it (see later in p.3 “Storyline”). Pets can gather loot from ground in small area, or can give us small boosts (5% shield capacity, 5 % health, etc, or can heal us in period 30-60 sec with 10-20% of health points, etc). We can choose our pet in window, like we choose weapon, vehicles, etc. Components can be stored in our inventory.
2) New arkfall. Trion, see: we have one boss, which never used in another parts of Defiance – this is final boss in Motherload co-op map. It looks very cool. And we saw he not to often. So, new arkfall can be 99s arkfall with this “Motherlode” boss. Make he more powerfull and deadly, and … all. How he can arrive – he can exit from huge underground machine (new better texture maybe needed for already existed, but large model), or huge helicopter can drop he from sky. This motherlode boss is cyborg, so he can drop “robot soul’ (computer mind, robot mind or s/f like this).
3) Storyline. No need, but better to have. In my mind, this can be occasion on road. Not friendy echelon mercenaries fire to us. After we kill them, we see friendly Volge. Small movie on game engine – he tell “thanks” and “you can find me at Muir” or “you can find me near Crater bar”. When we come to Muir/Crater, he in another movie tell us: “I am volge’s engineer, our head WarMaster want to make robot spy’s for different races. We also know, Dark Matters captains want to create their own spy robots. They already have bluprints. But I don’t want war, I am pacifist. So, I leaved my race’s nest. If you bring me robotic soul, blueprint, and some scrips and trash, I’ll make you little helper”. And after this volge becomes usual vendor with “E” entrance. If you don’t want this way, you can put usual “Von Bach robot crafting” vendor at Muir. Near can be recorder with Von Bach’s corporation’s information about volges/Dark Matter spy robots and announcements of our ability to make our own robot pet.

Trions profit after this changes: People will play game. Game will no empty and will alive (people will come everyday to get arkfall spike, and will play to get new reward). Some will buy patron. Some will buy hunter requisition for DarkMatter expedition. Some will buy inventory expander. Maybe, Trion can even make cheap DLC – if it will be with good storyline.

Trion, after TV show death (R.I.P), you got more freedom, you are free to make some changes – make pets, new futuristic vehicles, and so on. This universe is alive, so some changes, which absent in TV show, can appear.

Also, I can see Steam statistic – after each big event player’s quantity go down, we are tired after this events. And also, our reward is only useless weapon (sorry). We all need in new small gameplay components. I know how it works. I liked to make Mark of defiance earlier. Everyday I came to only make mark, “this will take 5 min”, - told I myself, and… I set down at 9:00 pm, and left game only at 11:00 pm – cuz after I saw arcfall, and joined, and then s/b called to help, then in town I saw man with cool weapon… and I want same, and I buy arkforges, etc… But now game become boring (sorry) – we have no more points of interest, we have weapon, shields, outfits. So, we need new small permanent changes, new points of interest. And, IMHO, this could not be only weapon, shields, outfits.

Later I’ll tell you my ideas about new available futuristic transport.

http://library.udel.edu/multimedia/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/09/58572355.jpg

konstantinov
05-31-2016, 07:11 PM
http://library.udel.edu/multimedia/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/09/58572355.jpg

http://img.memecdn.com/i-came-in-like-a-wrecking-ball_o_2362921.jpg

Gaige12
05-31-2016, 07:31 PM
http://img.memecdn.com/i-came-in-like-a-wrecking-ball_o_2362921.jpg

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

Rouge Assasin
05-31-2016, 07:50 PM
Yes to pets only if I can have a hellhound. When noobs wont stop asking for script, i can have my pet eat them. They must also be able to duel.
On a serious note I would rather have a hellbug I can ride.....

PilotStarck
06-01-2016, 07:45 AM
About "more lags": I think, server was laggy 3 years ago, 2 years ago and will be always so, even if only 1 player stay in game. So, pets cant make server more lagged, IMHO.

konstantinov
06-01-2016, 07:49 AM
About "more lags": I think, server was laggy 3 years ago, 2 years ago and will be always so, even if only 1 player stay in game. So, pets cant make server more lagged, IMHO.

Are you willing to pay $5-10 for pets out of the bit store? Could be more if they sold pet slots. Just something to think about.

PS- Let's say the cost of programming this is $1500, most companies aren't going to implement this unless it's going to make 10 times that amount.

Hunter0
06-01-2016, 11:11 AM

LOL.

Can i have this as a pet? Or is it too OP to be a pet?

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8em4lLf1U1qevixfo1_500.gif

nick145
06-01-2016, 01:10 PM
LOL.

Can i have this as a pet? Or is it too OP to be a pet?

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8em4lLf1U1qevixfo1_500.gif

Fine you can have brolly but I call super sayin 3 goku.

PilotStarck
06-03-2016, 12:48 PM
to Konstantinov: this 1500 $ can bring much more mega giga profit in future, i think. My idea is not for fast money. And... this is really not 100%... but Trion needs not only profit games ever, sometimes big company's need in even non profint games in portfolio, cuz they need more player base (people can migrate frome one game to another), better statistic for investors, etc...

Lawnmandammitt
06-03-2016, 01:42 PM
We all have pets running around already. ...there at every event...hundreds of infector bugs that make all players & enemies disappear! What more could you ask for?
Pets that make your enemies and friends disappear. .....trion did that as well....so by theory trion is your pet, why would you want another?

TheBlueCanaryRose
06-03-2016, 02:02 PM
the pets is a good idea, but i think they should fix the game first.

PilotStarck
06-11-2016, 03:07 AM
We all have pets running around already. ...there at every event...hundreds of infector bugs that make all players & enemies disappear! What more could you ask for?
Pets that make your enemies and friends disappear. .....trion did that as well....so by theory trion is your pet, why would you want another?

I thought about this earlier ))) There is no good role system in Defiance, all peoplу are marcksmans. So, i really used infectors for a long time to be a bit more summoner )))

Bentu
06-11-2016, 03:54 AM
The only reason I can see for a pet would be to guide me around obstacles while I'm walking backwards shooting what's running at me.

Ronin9572
06-11-2016, 04:05 AM
^Lol so true! Or we need pets as seeing eye pets while driving. You know for all those invisible things in front of us that lag prevents us from seeing! That way the seeing eye pets could tell us before we hit them!

missmar
06-11-2016, 08:24 AM
pets would be awesome, but they don't have the resources to add them any time soon without resulting in terribad lag. trion seems to focus their resources on one game at a time, and they just came out with atlas reactor. if the dev team can make defiance even more popular, trion will eventually put some more focus into defiance again

PilotStarck
02-04-2017, 06:34 AM
Trion will will never focus into defiance again, its Lame duck, sadly

PilotStarck
02-04-2017, 06:55 AM
And, also, i want to say next. When i meant to tell about new vehicles, i wanted to tell about CRAFTED vechicles. Trion, like always, want to maximaze their profit just now. So, they made simply new veh in paid boxex ((( Better way was to give us ability to craft new vehicles. Parts of new vehicles we could get from arenas, both Gunslingers and Thorn Liro (better sells for Gold Editions; now arenas are useless part of game). And, i think, i dont want so terrible vehicles, that i can see in last bungles. I want super high speed, easy of control veh. And, i still have no pets... But, i can see a lot of "shiny shtakos", new useless jackpots...

PithHelmetIrath
02-05-2017, 06:23 AM
And, also, i want to say next. When i meant to tell about new vehicles, i wanted to tell about CRAFTED vechicles. Trion, like always, want to maximaze their profit just now. So, they made simply new veh in paid boxex ((( Better way was to give us ability to craft new vehicles. Parts of new vehicles we could get from arenas, both Gunslingers and Thorn Liro (better sells for Gold Editions; now arenas are useless part of game). And, i think, i dont want so terrible vehicles, that i can see in last bungles. I want super high speed, easy of control veh. And, i still have no pets... But, i can see a lot of "shiny shtakos", new useless jackpots...

http://i.imgur.com/cFEXpXI.gif

MataC
02-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Some kind of pet system would be awesome; imagine a little Motherlode running around with you and giving you passive buffs or something like that! :)

Antony Harrist
02-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Pets ain't gonna happen in this game lol. That requires some programming. I think any of the Trion devs that could do it are long gone, all the content we now get. Is either cut and paste or changing a few stats around I'm afraid :(

MataC
02-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Pets ain't gonna happen in this game lol. That requires some programming. I think any of the Trion devs that could do it are long gone, all the content we now get. Is either cut and paste or changing a few stats around I'm afraid :(

We know...