PDA

View Full Version : what happened with those who bought on the exchange by mistake?

Kuroro
06-05-2016, 12:46 PM
a friend bought a typhon x ar for 3m when he wanted to scroll and see details,i told him about submiting a ticket but he has not been responded yet so i wanted to know: what happened with all those who bought by mistake?

btw if someone is interested,the typhon X ar has 2 t5 mods and 2 t3 matching the rolling thunder synergy,mkii and rad nano

konstantinov
06-05-2016, 12:55 PM
With the sheer number of people that did this and trying to track them all I don't see anything happening except be more careful.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-05-2016, 12:57 PM
They said on the live stream that they wouldn't be doing anything about it.

Guess I'm stuck with a 6m Fates Kiss with a t2, 2 t3's, and a t4. Lucky me.

DynastyKris
06-05-2016, 01:18 PM
DUDE my exchange been offline since first day it came on, I havn't got patron but did buy a exchange slot.

Bentu
06-05-2016, 01:28 PM

I can't give you 6m for it but what would you accept on it?

Kuroro
06-05-2016, 01:50 PM

seriously?... well you had luck with that t4 on it

Lamar Kendrick
06-05-2016, 02:03 PM
i'm still stuck with the black heart that i got for 4m plus

beams
06-05-2016, 03:46 PM
What about those who bought crap impulse buys

We we be compensated too pls?

Lithova
06-05-2016, 03:54 PM

This does not surprise me, they chose to ignore the warnings and simply disabled the ability to list items...sadly the bug that they were warned about (this one in particular) which would negatively affect players who were simply browsing the exchange only to find out that they purchased something they didn't want. Anyways Trion should have never released this feature (the exchange) in this awful buggy state of limited functionality nor should they have chosen to keep it active while in was still suffering from these type of bugs/glitches.

In fairness to the community Trion should compensate all players who have lost and were negatively affected by this bug and the poor state of quality regarding the exchange.

beams
06-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Except the people that bought patron right?

Cause it was their own fault the invested in patron to sell on the exchange.

konstantinov
06-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Except the people that bought patron right?

Cause it was their own fault the invested in patron to sell on the exchange.

Accidentally buying something has nothing to do with patron pass or the ability to sell stuff. Have no fear, patron pass holders will suffer the same fate as you with this issue.

beams
06-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Accidentally buying something has nothing to do with patron pass or the ability to sell stuff. Have no fear, patron pass holders will suffer the same fate as you with this issue.

This was in reference to litovas post in an earlier thread claiming people should not be reimbursed or compensated, because we should have all know it would be bought down.

Lithova
06-05-2016, 06:21 PM
The exchange is the real issue here, it continues to cost players. But yea Beams if you know about the bugs with the Exchange and still continue to pay for patron with the sole reason to sell items on the exchange then complaining about not being able to sell your junk doesn't help your point especially after its been announced by Trion they had disabled some functions with the exchange. Its my opinion and its a view shared by many that the exchange should be completely disabled and / or remove until its been fixed and fully (competently) tested prior to being reactivated on live. Failure to do so has and will continue to cause issues like this topic's original post. Btw I'm not against players demanding restitution but demanding restitution based on priority/class i.e patron vs f2p , is something I am against (also the TOS prevents them from doing so). Either way...the exchange is part of the issue here the other is Trion made it clear they won't be doing anything for the players who have lost their scrip due to this bug. Yet they continue to keep a known buggy feature (the exchange) active within game.

beams
06-05-2016, 06:37 PM
The exchange is the real issue here, it continues to cost players. But yea Beams if you know about the bugs with the Exchange and still continue to pay for patron with the sole reason to sell items on the exchange then complaining about not being able to sell your junk doesn't help your point especially after its been announced by Trion they had disabled some functions with the exchange. Its my opinion and its a view shared by many that the exchange should be completely disabled and / or remove until its been fixed and fully (competently) tested prior to being reactivated on live. Failure to do so has and will continue to cause issues like this topic's original post. Btw I'm not against players demanding restitution but demanding restitution based on priority/class i.e patron vs f2p , is something I am against (also the TOS prevents them from doing so). Either way...the exchange is part of the issue here the other is Trion made it clear they won't be doing anything for the players who have lost their scrip due to this bug. Yet they continue to keep a known buggy feature (the exchange) active within game.

How was i to know?

I bought patron hours after the original patch, no one knew it was broken at that point.

Patron is minimum 15 days, and the time doesnt stop, so i have not choice but to "continue to pay" for patron as its all up front.

I paid in advance for 15 days worth of slots to sell in the exchange, then once trion had my money, they shut the the exchange down...

And where did trion announce these issues? I didnt get an email? Theres no disclaimer with buying of patron? Wheres the average player ment to know about these issues?

Deadsky
06-05-2016, 06:45 PM
You're supposed to be left in the dark, it's called marketing lol

Rouge Assasin
06-05-2016, 08:01 PM
This does not surprise me, they chose to ignore the warnings and simply disabled the ability to list items...sadly the bug that they were warned about (this one in particular) which would negatively affect players who were simply browsing the exchange only to find out that they purchased something they didn't want. Anyways Trion should have never released this feature (the exchange) in this awful buggy state of limited functionality nor should they have chosen to keep it active while in was still suffering from these type of bugs/glitches.

In fairness to the community Trion should compensate all players who have lost and were negatively affected by this bug and the poor state of quality regarding the exchange.
LMAO I have spent over 100mill on the exchange since it has been up. Not once have i bought anything I didnt intend to. Its SIMPLE, pay attention to what your doing. You hit X and you own it. I normally scroll with the stick and stay clear of the X.

Lithova
06-06-2016, 02:45 AM
You're supposed to be left in the dark, it's called marketing lol

lol that made me laugh probably longer than I should've :)

LMAO I have spent over 100mill on the exchange since it has been up. Not once have i bought anything I didnt intend to. Its SIMPLE, pay attention to what your doing. You hit X and you own it. I normally scroll with the stick and stay clear of the X.

That's why its called a bug, imagine if it happened all the time... every single time...but good on you for not losing 100 MILLION on the exchange buying stuff hahaha

How was i to know?

I bought patron hours after the original patch, no one knew it was broken at that point.

Patron is minimum 15 days, and the time doesnt stop, so i have not choice but to "continue to pay" for patron as its all up front.

I paid in advance for 15 days worth of slots to sell in the exchange, then once trion had my money, they shut the the exchange down...

And where did trion announce these issues? I didnt get an email? Theres no disclaimer with buying of patron? Wheres the average player ment to know about these issues?

You should purchase a seller slot next time they are available, those stay account bound and don't expire.

Hexthat
06-06-2016, 03:28 AM

I think that's a good deal, JP bio AR with self-revive refreshing kills.

I wouldnt sell my OJ for less then 10m.

konstantinov
06-06-2016, 04:55 AM
I think that's a good deal, JP bio AR with self-revive refreshing kills.

I wouldnt sell my OJ for less then 10m.

JP isn't everything.

r1p
06-06-2016, 05:30 AM

It's not as simple as paying attention. The reason there is supposed to be a confirmation is to reassure customers that they haven't purchased anything inadvertently. Even Amazon's "one-click" purchasing is opt-in and explains exactly what it is before you agree to allow it to be used on your account. And there is a grace period for cancelling anything that you purchase accidental or not.

heartbreak_courier
06-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Its my opinion and its a view shared by many that the exchange should be completely disabled and / or remove until its been fixed and fully (competently) tested prior to being reactivated on live. Failure to do so has and will continue to cause issues like this topic's original post.

Agreed there. I'm not a fan of players essentially paying money to bug test these new features. Especially since Trion implemented the exact same auction house system into Trove that isn't locked behind a paywall. Gives me flashbacks to when Expeditions were first released and contacting customer support for lost hunter reqs became a daily routine for some.

Claydough
06-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Agreed there. I'm not a fan of players essentially paying money to bug test these new features. Especially since Trion implemented the exact same auction house system into Trove that isn't locked behind a paywall. Gives me flashbacks to when Expeditions were first released and contacting customer support for lost hunter reqs became a daily routine for some.

Umm, it still is a daily routine with expeditions.

And its gonna be a whole lot worse when decoy is fixed...

Rouge Assasin
06-06-2016, 08:31 PM
It's not as simple as paying attention. The reason there is supposed to be a confirmation is to reassure customers that they haven't purchased anything inadvertently. Even Amazon's "one-click" purchasing is opt-in and explains exactly what it is before you agree to allow it to be used on your account. And there is a grace period for cancelling anything that you purchase accidental or not.
I have NO problem with a confirmation being added. In fact I 100% agree in should have been there from the begining. What I do have a problem with, is people crying for trion to take it down until it's fixed. People have already spent money on patron passes to list items. If you are having problems reading whats in front of you, stay off the exchange. As trion already stated there are not enough people on the pts server for proper testing.

Claydough
06-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Cant ya just stop mashing buttons?

wuzup916
06-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Cant ya just stop mashing buttons?

I was just filtering weapons and it happened to me.. i wasn't mashing buttons

DEPHIC
06-06-2016, 11:34 PM
I have NO problem with a confirmation being added. In fact I 100% agree in should have been there from the begining. What I do have a problem with, is people crying for trion to take it down until it's fixed. People have already spent money on patron passes to list items. If you are having problems reading whats in front of you, stay off the exchange. As trion already stated there are not enough people on the pts server for proper testing.

The no confirmation button was brought up on PTS and released without it. They rarely listen to feedback from PTS. Its more of a test to see if the server explodes with a new build before releasing it to live. The problem is scrolling through the Exchange with all the lag and accidentally hitting 1 wrong button a poof, there goes all your hard earned script for a blue gun. I haven't had this happen to me yet, but I can understand how pissed off people are when it does.

nick145
06-07-2016, 02:10 AM

Look if all you received from patron pass was seller slots then yes you would deserve to be reimbursed, however with patron you receive several wonderful things including but not limited to daily hunter requisitions constant 10% and 20% boasts extra contracts and a 10% discount on most things in the store.

Please explain with all of that extra stuff you got for like $6 do you feel you got ripped off?

Smokey Black
06-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Look if all you received from patron pass was seller slots then yes you would deserve to be reimbursed, however with patron you receive several wonderful things including but not limited to daily hunter requisitions constant 10% and 20% boasts extra contracts and a 10% discount on most things in the store.

Please explain with all of that extra stuff you got for like $6 do you feel you got ripped off?

I can answer this as I picked up patron last week to sell.

Simple answer there is no way I would have otherwise bought patron when there is no event.

wuzup916
06-07-2016, 06:29 PM

Simple answer there is no way I would have otherwise bought patron when there is no event.

yup same thing with me, i only buy patron for events and now the exchange is offline and my patron is being wasted.. I've never would of bought a patron if i knew it was gonna be offline for this long..

Ea Rapture
06-07-2016, 08:43 PM
yup same thing with me, i only buy patron for events and now the exchange is offline and my patron is being wasted.. I've never would of bought a patron if i knew it was gonna be offline for this long..

I honestly could care less about dupes, just lemme use the exchange.

Hexthat
06-08-2016, 09:12 AM
I honestly could care less about dupes, just lemme use the exchange.

ending the loot chase and finding other ways to entertain oneself does sound nice

Ea Rapture
06-08-2016, 09:27 AM
ending the loot chase and finding other ways to entertain oneself does sound nice

Loot chase is fine, but Trion should've banned these people already.

Dupes aren't really a problem. It decreases market value for those that want a "high-end" weapon for less than what they could afford.

Noone is duping PS ARs for me, so I see no reason to care. Lol.

r1p
06-08-2016, 09:36 AM

Proper testing begins in-house with a QA team. The only thing that you use a PTS for is stress testing and feedback from customers before you go live. Occasionally PTS users will catch a bug that is missed in QA but it is usually either obscure or fairly minor. So, I doubt if someone from Trion actually said this because they would be admitting that their primary method of testing is done via PTS which would be laughable.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Loot chase is fine, but Trion should've banned these people already.

Dupes aren't really a problem. It decreases market value for those that want a "high-end" weapon for less than what they could afford.

Noone is duping PS ARs for me, so I see no reason to care. Lol.This isn't happening.

I saw someone trying to sell a nova for 65m in zone last night.

Destromathe
06-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Proper testing begins in-house with a QA team. The only thing that you use a PTS for is stress testing and feedback from customers before you go live. Occasionally PTS users will catch a bug that is missed in QA but it is usually either obscure or fairly minor. So, I doubt if someone from Trion actually said this because they would be admitting that their primary method of testing is done via PTS which would be laughable.

To clarify this, there are very few things that can fully simulate a Live environment with full player load, especially for a system like The Exchange, which is a completely new server infrastructure. The PTS server is a great place for players to locate bugs that we may not have even considered during the rigorous QA testing period, however for something like The Exchange, we simply could not get the full load like you would see on Live. This is why some issues may have been present on Live that would not be anywhere else. I hope this helps clear up that statement!

Valani
06-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Bought a T4 Heartbreaker Dispersion Muzzle for 400 by accident. Oh, the pain!

nick145
06-08-2016, 02:28 PM

You both missed the entire point i was making. One feature that you get for free with patron are the exchange slots. (I consider them free because the cost patron did not increase with the addition of this ability)

You don't buy a DSLR camera to take videos and only videos. Or how about this one, you didn't buy a play station 3 just for the blue ray player.

So since you got all of these extra things weather that was what you wanted out of your patron pass or not you got what you paid for so you have no reason to demand a refund or compensation.

To clarify this, there are very few things that can fully simulate a Live environment with full player load, especially for a system like The Exchange, which is a completely new server infrastructure. The PTS server is a great place for players to locate bugs that we may not have even considered during the rigorous QA testing period, however for something like The Exchange, we simply could not get the full load like you would see on Live. This is why some issues may have been present on Live that would not be anywhere else. I hope this helps clear up that statement!

This would make wonderful sense and be a great bit of information if like with the setinal rig you weren't warned about several of the issues with the exchange from the pts users who were once again ignored and sent it to live anyways.

Ea Rapture
06-08-2016, 02:48 PM
This isn't happening.

I saw someone trying to sell a nova for 65m in zone last night.

Lol, well, I can be wrong. At any rate, there's just more of them moving around now. Can't be helped.

Kuroro
06-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Lol, well, I can be wrong. At any rate, there's just more of them moving around now. Can't be helped.

and some persons got them for 1-5m now they value them at 60m

Claydough
06-09-2016, 02:03 PM

But most of the problems were found on pts and not a server load issue.

nick145
06-09-2016, 03:23 PM

Exactly. They gave us the same bs story about the rigs.

wuzup916
06-09-2016, 04:26 PM

lol this got reported within the first week the exchange was on the PTS..

I'm not sure if this is the first report or not but the exchange stole a t5 ep power bore and t4 sat recoil stock.. i put them in the market yesterday and now there gone, nothing is in the claims area..