PDA

View Full Version : Anything being done about shakescreen??

missmar
06-14-2016, 10:53 PM
So I know many players don't even notice it, but sometime in the past few months shakescreen became far more noticable in PVP.

It might also be due to the fact that I can't lower my graphics settings to the lowest setting anymore?

But nevertheless, can we just remove shakescreen altogether, the root of the problem?

The common reflex to this question is "I don't notice it" but -- would you really care if shakescreen was gone?

Does anyone really crave shakescreen???

Nova_Force
06-15-2016, 05:18 AM
Maybe it's just me but when i'm getting blasted and the shake screen is a rockin' i'm not just standing there wondering how better life would be if it would just stop. I usually see that as a sign i need to evade the attack; roll or jump and return fire. Point is this is not really an issue if you can manouver or avoid the situation all together. One more thing, i have never heard anyone on chat threaten to quit or complain because of the shakescreen.

Claydough
06-15-2016, 06:13 AM
Of any pvp change that needs doing, this it THE most important

Followed very very close behind is infections blocking your view down the sight

Flashy vfx of some nano procs which also blind the player.

WhiteStrike
06-15-2016, 06:34 AM
For the people that think that this isn't an issue: try using a pistol against a Blast Rifle user.

Nova_Force
06-15-2016, 08:21 AM
For the people that think that this isn't an issue: try using a pistol against a Blast Rifle user.

2 questions

If you choose to use a pistol in an event where it's use will pose challenges why should the game adapt to your choices?

Is it hard to adapt to your environment when you know you are in a disadvantage with a pistol? You of course know that you have two weapon choices on your loadout.

WhiteStrike
06-15-2016, 08:47 AM
2 questions

If you choose to use a pistol in an event where it's use will pose challenges why should the game adapt to your choices?

Is it hard to adapt to your environment when you know you are in a disadvantage with a pistol? You of course know that you have two weapon choices on your loadout.

You're missing the point: pistols are viable against every weapon except weapons that cause Shakescreen. Nobody is asking for a nerf, we're asking for a fix for something that is very clearly broken.

Johnny Gatt
06-15-2016, 09:20 AM
They have already fixed shakescreen by using rng to reduce number of crimefighters and noob cannons that cause it.

THE ROCKS
06-15-2016, 09:25 AM
I love pvp I don't notice much issues except for the Lag because nothing was showing up yesterday at all in pvp I enjoy doing it I use many different things btw it's not hard to Dome Rock someone with a pistol when they are using a blast rifle ive done it with my sup LibertyEagle but yeah fix pvp trion

missmar
06-15-2016, 10:02 AM
it's already apparent that you guys are responding out of spite, and without any real substance.

you couldn't possibly actually care if shakescreen was removed.

don't act like you play the game for its shakescreen, and don't act like removing it is any kind of damper

Altras
06-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Its not just blast rifles that cause an annoying shakescreen. Purgatory detonator has a pretty harsh shake to anyone near the explosion. Noticed this farming SV Minors today, few people were using them and the screen was shaking the entire time. I'm all for explosions, but not motion sickness.

Trogathorna
06-15-2016, 10:55 AM
I've never seen this screen shake. Have done my fair share of pvp and have never experienced it....and if i have it was so minuscule i never noticed it.

missmar
06-15-2016, 11:00 AM
I've never seen this screen shake. Have done my fair share of pvp and have never experienced it....and if i have it was so minuscule i never noticed it.

so you wouldn't even mind if it was removed entirely, for the sake of everyone else who is affected-- right???

Dravens
06-15-2016, 11:18 AM
I thought there was a setting to turn off "UI Shakescreen" in the settings menus?

Trogathorna
06-15-2016, 11:18 AM
so you wouldn't even mind if it was removed entirely, for the sake of everyone else who is affected-- right???

No i wouldn't...however since its something that is only experienced by certain ppl and not everyone, i would rather they focus on things that effect everyone such as the horrible lag and critting out first, then sure fix the screen shake. I mean i dont see how fixing the screen shake would help much of you cant even load in game or stay logged in more then 5 mins at a time.

WhiteStrike
06-15-2016, 11:19 AM
I thought there was a setting to turn off "UI Shakescreen" in the settings menus?

Doesn't work.

missmar
06-15-2016, 11:22 AM

specifically a "running" effect--- it shakes UI as you run. not the same. if setting actually turned off ALL shakescreen i'd be stoked

No i wouldn't...however since its something that is only experienced by certain ppl and not everyone, i would rather they focus on things that effect everyone such as the horrible lag and critting out first, then sure fix the screen shake. I mean i dont see how fixing the screen shake would help much of you cant even load in game or stay logged in more then 5 mins at a time.

again: developers that would handle lag can't fix shakescreen---
developers that would handle shakescreen can't fix lag

there would be no 'resources being diverted' in this case, so can ya'al stop repeating that misinfo

Crack
06-15-2016, 12:24 PM

This! I turned mine off looong ago and dont see screen shake anywhere.

missmar
06-15-2016, 12:26 PM
This! I turned mine off looong ago and dont see screen shake anywhere.

thats a different shake. that's HUD (UI) Shake--- you only see that when you're running. Same for FOV shift--- they both only apply to "running".

Frog556
06-15-2016, 03:43 PM
They only read what they want to read. "Selective Reading" :P They are only on here to complain about whatever is bugging them.

Altra said that more than just blast rifles shake screens, which I agree with that. I'd like to add the berserker shotgun to the list. It shakes my screen like crazy! :( Kinda hard to play if all you do is end up feeling nauseous from your screen shaking :(