PDA

View Full Version : Charge Blades too strong

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 09:08 AM
This last update made Charge Blades one of the most OPed weapon to ever exist in PvP. All you need to do is tap R1 3 times and the other guy is dead. They don't even try to ambush you from behing, they just Blur, rushat you an kill you in 2-3 shots. This shouldn't be the case as they are weapons that don't require aiming. Hell, you don't even have to be close due to their "leap" feature. This leap makes it even harder to headshot them since the are constantly leaping due to those R1 mashes. Anything being done about this? I didn't sign on to play Star Wars.

Moskyrath
06-16-2016, 09:12 AM
They said they would do some stuff to charge blades but they didn't say what it is they are doing.

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 09:17 AM
They said they would do some stuff to charge blades but they didn't say what it is they are doing.
Apparently, they were making them even more OPed than the old Zagger.

Moskyrath
06-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Apparently, they were making them even more OPed than the old Zagger.

Yeah till they nerf them a year from now.

PithHelmetIrath
06-16-2016, 09:29 AM
I didn't sign on to play Star Wars.

Unless it's striking a "regular" soldier in a fight, Luke Skywalker's lightsaber isn't even that OP..

Bentu
06-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Sorry but this is getting ridiculous, stop crying foul because you die in pvp.

You're supposed to!

Moskyrath
06-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Stun rod is love.
Stun rod is life.

Bentu
06-16-2016, 09:55 AM
Stun rod is love.
Stun rod is life.

I want a candy cane.

PTR47
06-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Stun rod is love.
Stun rod is life.

This is my stun rod. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 09:59 AM
Sorry but this is getting ridiculous, stop crying foul because you die in pvp.

You're supposed to!

Please, tell me why Charge Blades aren't OP?

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 10:01 AM
swords have a very limited range and they use to kill that fast before of the first pvp update,this is not the old pvp so swords should not be like before (this aplies to surge bolters too)

Moskyrath
06-16-2016, 10:02 AM

Boom headshot! That's why.

r1p
06-16-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't play PvP but if I did I guess I would be kicking myself right now because I have vendored at least 2 Carving Knives & 6 OJ Amakuni's since I started playing. Although.... I do still have the candy cane sword from the Xmas bundle and it could be pretty hilarious to see how enraged people would get if I killed them with it. Hmmmm.

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 10:10 AM
You're using swords, aren't you?

Nefarious
06-16-2016, 10:10 AM
As a charge blade user as my secondary I agree. Before to be able to get such powerful kills you needed to have a melee stim ready. And with that gave you a 45 second window to use it wisely.

Now since it's dmg got buffed just running up to ppl with blur is Halo Energy sword tier, and it's not a pick up either, anyone can equip one.

Other things could of been done to buff melee such as buffing melee perks to some degrees to have an over all effect on them.

DiskoSvir
06-16-2016, 10:11 AM
Was about to make a thread about this but OP beat me too it. Blades are waaaay too strong now. Problem is, there is no way to counter it, no skills or stims to take to reduce melee dmg, but lots of those to add to melee dmg... leave the blades as they are but give us something to counter it. It requires no skill to run into someone and press att button once or twice.

Moskyrath
06-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Your using swords, aren't you?

Who you talking to?

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Who you talking to?

People who think that Swords are fine.

Lamar Kendrick
06-16-2016, 10:38 AM
i guess it's time to dust off my carving knife since i haven't used it in pvp for a year now

Bentu
06-16-2016, 10:39 AM

I don't have to, why?
Because I don't know what the other guys set up was, you say he was using blur well that has some great perks when going melee add to that sucker punch and brawler stims and you were already quite a little tank before any improvement to blades.
Then you take into account anything if any he had equipped to his rig.

I'm fed up with pvp people sneezing and the rest of the game getting a cold.

DiskoSvir
06-16-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't have to, why?
Because I don't know what the other guys set up was, you say he was using blur well that has some great perks when going melee add to that sucker punch and brawler stims and you were already quite a little tank before any improvement to blades.
Then you take into account anything if any he had equipped to his rig.

I'm fed up with pvp people sneezing and the rest of the game getting a cold.

Didn't you said you don't play this game anymore? If not how many pvp matches how you done since this update?

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 10:59 AM
bentu has no idea about pvp,id not pay attention to his opinions

Bentu
06-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Didn't you said you don't play this game anymore? If not how many pvp matches how you done since this update?

No I didn't say I'd quit the game just a game account, I also don't have to play pvp to know as soon as they make a change to anything in pvp someone will cry foul without even being hit.
It's ridiculous to complain about dieing in pvp when there are so many things to take into account as I said.
Address the comments I made in my post and not whether or not I play on a specific account and you might have an argument for blades being op.

bentu has no idea about pvp,id not pay attention to his opinions

I'll say the same to you, disprove what I said and I'll shut up, until then I'll continue to post my opinions.

DiskoSvir
06-16-2016, 11:12 AM
No I didn't say I'd quit the game just a game account, I also don't have to play pvp to know as soon as they make a change to anything in pvp someone will cry foul without even being hit.
It's ridiculous to complain about dieing in pvp when there are so many things to take into account as I said.
Address the comments I made in my post and not whether or not I play on a specific account and you might have an argument for blades being op.

Mate, go check pvp first and let me know your opinions on it. Don't asume it's not op because of "crying-all-the-time-threads"

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 11:15 AM
and he feels badass hahaha

OokamiXIII
06-16-2016, 11:18 AM
i guess it's time to dust off my carving knife since i haven't used it in pvp for a year now

Yup! Gonna go dump some forge into mine and go ape****!

Bentu
06-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Mate, go check pvp first and let me know your opinions on it. Don't asume it's not op because of "crying-all-the-time-threads"

I don't have to to know that if a guy who's using blur with the right perks and a brawler stim is going to kill me because he is end of story.
Same as someone who is going to one shot me with a Surge bolter to the head.
Disprove what I said instead of trying to shout me down.

and he feels badass hahaha

You have no idea lol.

Logain
06-16-2016, 11:25 AM
This shouldn't be the case as they are weapons that don't require aiming.

The same could be said with Blast Rifles.

I usually agree with you for PVP issues... but with this one I respectively disagree. The range of charge blade is not very far (<3 m) and honestly you have to have Blur active with it or it is useless. To be a good blade user you have to be sneaky to get that close up to your target. Otherwise the blade user is dead far sooner than they can get to their target. I love facing blade users because I get the option to blast them in the head with an SMG and they die quicker than they can get to me.

In full disclosure since seeing this thread and I went out and used a blade. I went about 1.15x K/D in a few rounds of Monterrey. I died much more quickly than I did with a BR or SMG/SASR setup. Eh I found the blade fun to get the drop on players but honestly I think it is a fad as it is not the most effective way to kill someone. It also reminds me of where blades were before the initial major pvp re-vamp. Example can be seen here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1i81IRaPgE). It took a couple of swings to kill in 2014, it takes a couple of swings now. I feel like they just put the sword back to where it was.

SO TL/DR:

1. Swords are back to where they were in 2014.
2. Pro to sword is that it is very good close range.
3. Con is that swords effectiveness is not very far and I would argue that there are some shotguns better.

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 11:32 AM
swords are the only weapon killing with one hit,if my whispered death is not killing with a headshot i dont see why a melee attack should kill someone.this is not 2014

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 11:33 AM
The same could be said with Blast Rifles.

I usually agree with you for PVP issues... but with this one I respectively disagree. The range of charge blade is not very far (<3 m) and honestly you have to have Blur active with it or it is useless. To be a good blade user you have to be sneaky to get that close up to your target. Otherwise the blade user is dead far sooner than they can get to their target. I love facing blade users because I get the option to blast them in the head with an SMG and they die quicker than they can get to me.

In full disclosure since seeing this thread and I went out and used a blade. I went about 1.15x K/D in a few rounds of Monterrey. I died much more quickly than I did with a BR or SMG/SASR setup. Eh I found the blade fun to get the drop on players but honestly I think it is a fad as it is not the most effective way to kill someone. It also reminds me of where blades were before the initial major pvp re-vamp. Example can be seen here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1i81IRaPgE). It took a couple of swings to kill in 2014, it takes a couple of swings now. I feel like they just put the sword back to where it was.

SO TL/DR:

1. Swords are back to where they were in 2014.
2. Pro to sword is that it is very good close range.
3. Con is that swords effectiveness is not very far and I would argue that there are some shotguns better.

People rush at you with swords Bluring, the teleporting leap kicks in and you get downed nearly instantly. I don't know if things are different on a PC but on consoles even a random with a sword can go positive without much effort, simply because of their damage output. And I do think that Blast Rifles are still OP.

DiskoSvir
06-16-2016, 11:34 AM
I don't have to to know that if a guy who's using blur with the right perks and a brawler stim is going to kill me because he is end of story.

Exactly, he's going to kill you every time. If he has perks to make his blade stronger, why can't I have some counter perks to defend myself?

Logain
06-16-2016, 11:42 AM
People rush at you with swords Bluring, the teleporting leap kicks in and you get downed nearly instantly. I don't know if things are different on a PC but on consoles even a random with a sword can go positive without much effort, simply because of their damage output. And I do think that Blast Rifles are still OP.

*I am not quite familiar with this term. I do know of the jump attack. Is this is what you are meant? (Sorry might be lost in translation of my ESL brain).

If there is a blade user on the map they usually only get me the one time. I am then on the look out for them around corners and beams etc. I noticed this when I played with the sword as well. I can get the drop on a player once maybe twice and then they adjust their strategy. Also the bane of a Blur sword user are bio grenades.

Bentu
06-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Exactly, he's going to kill you every time. If he has perks to make his blade stronger, why can't I have some counter perks to defend myself?

To be honest they could do this before the update, I got killed many a time by it.
Aren't there defensive rigs/chips to use?

Edit. I also think the best idea would be to kill him before he get to you. :)

missmar
06-16-2016, 11:59 AM
i think swords need to be how strong they are now

blast rifles were never supposed to have the kind of dps they have, but they stayed OP with way less ways to counter against it compared to sword

there are LOTS of ways to counter melee----- grenades got buffed, the new decoy flash is perfect against melee, bio pool still phqs shd up, sniping and headshots in general will still rekkem

meanwhile blast rifle still shakes my screen to an unplayable level, so i abso-phqin-lutely LOVE that i can kill them with swords now.

OokamiXIII
06-16-2016, 12:06 PM
swords are the only weapon killing with one hit,if my whispered death is not killing with a headshot i dont see why a melee attack should kill someone.this is not 2014

Just did a shadow war match with a blade and blur (and the right perks for it) and went 28-4 k/d with 9 caps. First of all, the only way you're gonna one hit someone with a blade is if you stand still fir the 10 +/- seconds it takes to charge up which makes you an incredably easy target. Other than that it's 3-4 normal strikes to kill them. The jump attack is near-useless as it tosses your enemy out of range. So you're limited to pretty much just the quick strikes as far as pvp goes. All in all, blades are finally useful again, since after the first pvp revamp they became useless.

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 12:08 PM
i think swords need to be how strong they are now

blast rifles were never supposed to have the kind of dps they have, but they stayed OP with way less ways to counter against it compared to sword

there are LOTS of ways to counter melee----- grenades got buffed, the new decoy flash is perfect against melee, bio pool still phqs shd up, sniping and headshots in general will still rekkem

meanwhile blast rifle still shakes my screen to an unplayable level, so i abso-phqin-lutely LOVE that i can kill them with swords now.

while i do agree with the guy saying charge blades are too strong,i do agree with you on this.swords need a short distance where shotguns and smgs kill faster,but the jumping melee attack is op

missmar
06-16-2016, 12:10 PM
the jumpcharge only kills when hitting the back

(melee hits to the back cause crits)

never turn your back on a sword user, and wear rear guard anyway.

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 12:14 PM
*I am not quite familiar with this term. I do know of the jump attack. Is this is what you are meant? (Sorry might be lost in translation of my ESL brain).

If there is a blade user on the map they usually only get me the one time. I am then on the look out for them around corners and beams etc. I noticed this when I played with the sword as well. I can get the drop on a player once maybe twice and then they adjust their strategy. Also the bane of a Blur sword user are bio grenades.

I mean the teleporting that happens when you do a regular slash. The teleporting makes it nearly impossible to get out of range after the 1st slash.

Moskyrath
06-16-2016, 12:55 PM
People who think that Swords are fine.

Swords are fine. They are in the game so they must be fine.

missmar
06-16-2016, 01:56 PM
I mean thw teleporting that happens when you do a regular slash. The teleporting makes it nearly impossible to get out of range after the 1st slash.

it's called a lunge, and a bio pool will keep them from getting close enough to lunge at you

WhiteStrike
06-16-2016, 02:17 PM
it's called a lunge, and a bio pool will keep them from getting close enough to lunge at you

And you think that just because they got close enough to "lunge", they deserve to behave like a Tonberry and kill you without you being able to do anything?

Bentu
06-16-2016, 02:41 PM
And you think that just because they got close enough to "lunge", they deserve to behave like a Tonberry and kill you without you being able to do anything?

I think with these blur bladers you'll have to bio them on sight and then kill them with your chosen weapons, that's just my idea it may not work but hey who really cares or takes notice of what I say.

Johnny Gatt
06-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Went in with my charge blades... including carving knive. I could not kill 4 players with one swipe like the other guys were. My sword must be busted.

Chump Norris
06-16-2016, 02:49 PM
I never thought I would see this thread, does this mean these are worth using in pve now?

Skiller115
06-16-2016, 03:22 PM
I never thought I would see this thread, does this mean these are worth using in pve now?

Lol nope...

Chump Norris
06-16-2016, 03:38 PM
Well that's lame.

Mrdr
06-16-2016, 03:42 PM
I wish Trion would make a No Crybaby Zone pvp...that would save all the pvp problems. Or, give the whiners their own little sandbox for them to cry in while the rest of us have fun without them trying to ruin the game.

Skiller115
06-16-2016, 03:47 PM
I just went 34-4 on Observatory with my Purple 7th Legion Amakuni (would have been 34-3 if it weren't for a guy camping in a place that was designed to be inaccessible) I had the whole synergy lit using a purple Nezumi and an OJ Sai Surge V.

The brawler stim is overkill! It drops fools in one hit, and without blur, perks, synergy lit I could still drop people in two slashes! With blur active by itself you can nearly OHK someone using an Ironclad or Rhino. If they so happen as to break your shield then they're done!

Meee
06-16-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry if you can't get away from someone using a sword in its restricted movement then you need to figure it out better then you u have been

Johnny Gatt
06-16-2016, 04:22 PM
I am noticing most of the swords are amakunis... a few with chimera fang/Thorn liro blades.
It's time for a Samurai Showdown coming to a death match in a phase near you!!

OokamiXIII
06-16-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry if you can't get away from someone using a sword in its restricted movement then you need to figure it out better then you u have been

This. Adapt to overcome.

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 04:27 PM
"adapt",is what people should have done since a long time ago instead of complaining at forums,being the reason of pvp updates ruining everything

OokamiXIII
06-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Meh, quite a few of the changes are things that needed to be addressed regardless. Am I thrilled with the crit mult or the electric nano nerf? No, no I am not. But I am adapting to it and trying different loadouts to overcome it.

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 04:37 PM
a few of the changes,i dont understand why surge bolter has not been nerfed yet.it does 1 shot kill since i have memory.its the only weapon killing with a single and cheap shot

by the way i think swords should be this powerful,junt think about star wars

Bentu
06-16-2016, 04:40 PM
"adapt",is what people should have done since a long time ago instead of complaining at forums,being the reason of pvp updates ruining everything

Do you ever read your comments back to yourself, if pvp adapted in the first place there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.
It's always everybody else's problem or issues with you isn't it.

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Do you ever read your comments back to yourself, if pvp adapted in the first place there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.
It's always everybody else's problem or issues with you isn't it.

do i called you?

grizzly bearrazor
06-16-2016, 04:44 PM
do i called you?

We have a troll here.

Mrdr
06-16-2016, 05:05 PM
You know, if they didn't nerf the ability to shoot while jumping it would be much easier to deal with swords men...just saying.

Smokey Black
06-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Its more about gear then what was perceived skill now. I still do the same I always have.. the sword buff is all cool by me I put down a few ninja players earlier today in SW..

That assault scope is boss on blast rifles now.

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Its more about gear then what was perceived skill now. I still do the same I always have.. the sword buff is all cool by me I put down a few ninja players earlier today in SW..

That assault scope is boss on blast rifles now.

you just missed the samurais party at observatory,people joining in groups with swords

Nefarious
06-16-2016, 06:35 PM
You know, if they didn't nerf the ability to shoot while jumping it would be much easier to deal with swords men...just saying.

If swords were never buffed they wouldn't be a problem. They were fine as was with being able to get 2-3 hit kills or 1 hit kill with charge attack while melee stim was active. Or timing the window opportunity to use both melee stim and blur to get the kind of kills players are getting as they are now.

Ghost Within
06-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Went 19-2 with 1 assist in observatory with a sword......Tested this and yes it is op as who ever says it is not is either oblivious or is trolling

Smokey Black
06-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Went 19-2 with 1 assist in observatory with a sword......Tested this and yes it is op as who ever says it is not is either oblivious or is trolling

This is about my average score without a sword.. the best a sword player has done vs me is breaking even k/d.

Sure they are op with stim but you only get 5 or 6 a match unless you have sets in claims.

Kuroro
06-16-2016, 08:53 PM
blur+sonic strike is making them kill with 1 hit,with the jumping attack

Mrdr
06-16-2016, 08:55 PM
If swords were never buffed they wouldn't be a problem. They were fine as was with being able to get 2-3 hit kills or 1 hit kill with charge attack while melee stim was active. Or timing the window opportunity to use both melee stim and blur to get the kind of kills players are getting as they are now.

It's easier to escape a sword alive if you can shoot while jumping, unless it's a surprise attack from behind. But even then if they hit once and you can jump away spin and shoot you're going to have a better chance of survival. But according to some, there's no skill in that because all you're doing is pressing X and R2, L3 and R3 in a very specific and very timely way to get out of there and kill your opponent. But even if you disagree and think that there may be a bit of skill and/or thought that goes into maneuvering like that it doesn't matter...it's been nerfed.

And this applied before and would've applied after the sword buff...but hey...gg.

Smokey Black
06-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Have any of you tried the new decoy or cloak vs swords..

Ghost Within
06-16-2016, 08:59 PM
To the ones saying swords do not need to be nerfed...... I'll leave this here to look at. Yes I used a sword for every kill but 1 which I used a sawed-off.

https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7058/27686701996_32779692ee_z.jpg

Smokey Black
06-16-2016, 09:01 PM
To the ones saying swords do not need to be nerfed...... I'll leave this here to look at. Yes I used a sword for every kill but 1 which I used a sawed-off.

https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7058/27686701996_32779692ee_z.jpg

That score doesn't mean anything. It's about gear/load outs now with some skill. Your teammate has 18 assists..

Anyone can run game on noobs

Ghost Within
06-16-2016, 09:16 PM
That score doesn't mean anything. It's about gear/load outs now with some skill. Your teammate has 18 assists..

Anyone can run game on noobs

Lol whatever you say

Smokey Black
06-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Lol whatever you say

What I really want to say is give it time. Sure right now at this exact moment you can equip a good sword load out with the right percs/gear/Stims and do well. Let people figure it out, something to beat swords.. lol mercenary spanner trapper. Asking for a nerf less than a week into this is short sighted and poor form.

Ghost Within
06-16-2016, 09:30 PM
What I really want to say is give it time. Sure right now at this exact moment you can equip a good sword load out with the right percs/gear/Stims and do well. Let people figure it out, something to beat swords.. lol mercenary spanner trapper. Asking for a nerf less than a week into this is short sighted and poor form.

After witnessing all 16 people in a observatory using blur with swords.....ill say it is needed.

Smokey Black
06-16-2016, 09:34 PM
After witnessing all 16 people in a observatory using blur with swords.....ill say it is needed.

Maybe just reduce damage done by swords with blur. Similar to the bunny hopping aim adjustment.

Claydough
06-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Lol, this game isnt very complex, it doesnt need a week to "figure out" a counter

Most people could have picked this same result before it was even rolled out

Smokey Black
06-16-2016, 09:40 PM
Lol, this game isnt very complex, it doesnt need a week to "figure out" a counter

Most people could have picked this same result before it was even rolled out

Well I only only pvp when I feel like it. I haven't finished a game at Monterey yet and have only done a handful of shadow wars where as of today blades were a non factor to me. Once they start killing me I'll start figuring it out.

snoglobe81
06-16-2016, 09:48 PM
Guess I better get a charge blade then. LOL.

Logain
06-17-2016, 05:16 AM

Swords do not need nerfed. After the first PVP revamp Swords were nerfed to dust like detachment. So they disappeared and people forgot how to counter them.

To counter swords:

1. Watch your 6.
2. Bio nades, Sludge RL, Scourge
3. Bunny hop with your BR (in particular the UD)

Oh wait everyone already knows how to do #3. So swords are no big deal.

Logain
06-17-2016, 05:40 AM
THE BIGGER ISSUES WITH PVP:

1. Lack of Nano diversity: It is now back to 85% Rad weapons and 15% Bio. Electric has it's place but its health damage was nerfed and player life has been increased as well as armor plates were increased, so electric is now gone. Syphon even had a small place but is now back to being gone because to the armor plate increase as well as the crit reduction. I wish someone had pointed the potential lack of nano diversity in PVP on PTS before hand... (04-13-2016) (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?237848-The-Exchange-Update-to-PTS&p=1903244#261)

2. Lack of Sniper Rifle Diversity: It is all charge snipers now. Why? Because the crit multiplier was decreased too much. No Bolt action sniper rifles because they took to long to load if you missed it is a huge disadvantage. This is why semi auto snipers were used. BUT it seems like now you HAVE to use a Ranger and double tap headshots to kill a target or with just one hit they live to fight another day. Repeaters for this reason are now gone gone from PVP. With a charge sniper rifle you can avoid having to hit that pasky crit spot all together

3. No more SMGs: One major advantage of using an SMG over a BR was the fact you could crit if you were good from shooting at the hip you could land a mag full to the face and kill a player. This countered for the fall off and lack of spread for a SMG vs. a BR. Now that is no longer the case.

Now it is just more of the same Rad/Bio BRs and Charge Snipers everywhere.

If swords add a small amount of diversity to the PVP part of the game, I am all for it.

OokamiXIII
06-17-2016, 08:23 AM
THE BIGGER ISSUES WITH PVP:

1. Lack of Nano diversity: It is now back to 85% Rad weapons and 15% Bio. Electric has it's place but its health damage was nerfed and player life has been increased as well as armor plates were increased, so electric is now gone. Syphon even had a small place but is now back to being gone because to the armor plate increase as well as the crit reduction. I wish someone had pointed the potential lack of nano diversity in PVP on PTS before hand... (04-13-2016) (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?237848-The-Exchange-Update-to-PTS&p=1903244#261)

2. Lack of Sniper Rifle Diversity: It is all charge snipers now. Why? Because the crit multiplier was decreased too much. No Bolt action sniper rifles because they took to long to load if you missed it is a huge disadvantage. This is why semi auto snipers were used. BUT it seems like now you HAVE to use a Ranger and double tap headshots to kill a target or with just one hit they live to fight another day. Repeaters for this reason are now gone gone from PVP. With a charge sniper rifle you can avoid having to hit that pasky crit spot all together

3. No more SMGs: One major advantage of using an SMG over a BR was the fact you could crit if you were good from shooting at the hip you could land a mag full to the face and kill a player. This countered for the fall off and lack of spread for a SMG vs. a BR. Now that is no longer the case.

Now it is just more of the same Rad/Bio BRs and Charge Snipers everywhere.

If swords add a small amount of diversity to the PVP part of the game, I am all for it.

This right here. This is the first time in a while I've enjoyed pvp. And peeps on PS3 NA are already remembering how to counter the blade users quite effectively.

WhiteStrike
06-17-2016, 08:29 AM
You shouldn't have to carry a counter to one weapon all the time. Swords shouldn't limit your freedom when creating a loadout. I'm not forced to do that for any other weapon so why should Swords be any different?

Logain
06-17-2016, 08:47 AM
You shouldn't have to carry a counter to one weapon all the time. Swords shouldn't limit your freedom when creating a loadout. I'm not forced to do that for any other weapon so why should Swords be any different?

You don't need to carry a counter. Just change your strategy. Watch your back. Make use of grenades. Or bunny hop for escapability.

By your logic you shouldn't have to equip the same perk to safe guard against one nano type. Or have to equip a Rad resist shield.

Finally, it makes sense to counter whatever your major adversary is using. If it is a sword then gear up to counter the guy with the sword. Do the same with a guy using BRs or charge rifle.

I find it hard to believe that any skilled savvy pvper has a hard time with a guy bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Yiazzy
06-17-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm with Whitestrike on this. Mainly because I literally just played a game with him/her on Observatory, where one player spammed Blur Sword all game long and there was nothing we could do about it, and everything was tried. If a guy can come into a room and cut down 4 people, all of which are unloading into him, there's something very wrong with it.

WhiteStrike
06-17-2016, 08:56 AM
You don't need to carry a counter. Just change your strategy. Watch your back. Make use of grenades. Or bunny hop for escapability.

By your logic you shouldn't have to equip the same perk to safe guard against one nano type. Or have to equip a Rad resist shield.

Finally, it makes sense to counter whatever your major adversary is using. If it is a sword then gear up to counter the guy with the sword. Do the same with a guy using BRs or charge rifle.

I find it hard to believe that any skilled savvy pvper has a hard time with a guy bringing a knife to a gun fight.

You can't bunny hop away the entire match. A weapon that requires no aiming shouldn't be better than weapons that require aiming . And people don't backstab most of the time. They just hop around and rush at you. You can't do anything. Even you are saying "bunny hop around" to dodge. I have to be put into a defenceless stance to dodge a guy mashing R1.
As for Rad resist, nearly every weapon can have Rad so it defends you from much more than one weapon.

OokamiXIII
06-17-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm with Whitestrike on this. Mainly because I literally just played a game with him/her on Observatory, where one player spammed Blur Sword all game long and there was nothing we could do about it, and everything was tried. If a guy can come into a room and cut down 4 people, all of which are unloading into him, there's something very wrong with it.

Yeah the thing wrong is obviously the aim / unpreparedness of the four. If you have a player that you know is using blur oh and lets say a big boomer. Is it a good idea for most of your team to all custer**** into a small area? No, it is not because he/she will barrel *** into you and blow all of you to hell and back. Same principle applies to charge blade users, except for the fact they have ridiculously short range.

TL;DR - git gud buddy.

missmar
06-17-2016, 09:02 AM
the nano diversity part....

i think it's just because everyone wants a sniper and a "main" weapon, i.e. using only one nano (or a gun that stacks nanos THANKS RASHERE :mad:)

once you move on from the binary, using weapons in combo is REALLY good. for example, using a supreme tornado with elec i can break shield on full charge- one hit to the body... and then i switch to a Last Laugh for the fire (+150% dmg to hp) and finish them off. don't even need headshots in most cases. sometimes could catch even the best pvpers off guard and kill them before they could react

another combo i used was a bio Haar with my Antaeus or Grinch, i'd stick em with poop shoes in one shot and then get in their faces with syphon and outheal whatever damage they're doing before i killum

i'd also just hipfire with elec charge sniper to the body just to break shield and switch to a shotgun to finish it off

been looking for an elec converter to put on my crimefighter mk2 because it can charge shot OR semi-auto fire faster than a grindfragger, perf combo weapon

Yiazzy
06-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Yeah the thing wrong is obviously the aim / unpreparedness of the four. If you have a player that you know is using blur oh and lets say a big boomer. Is it a good idea for most of your team to all custer**** into a small area? No, it is not because he/she will barrel *** into you and blow all of you to hell and back. Same principle applies to charge blade users, except for the fact they have ridiculously short range.

TL;DR - git gud buddy.

Rather than dignify that with any kind of retort, I'll keep it short and sweet. I started playing less than two weeks ago, so I have no damn clue how to counter something that two shots me with no escape. Nor why my weapons are worse than rubbish.

WhiteStrike
06-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Question: do you think that the 0 reload Zagger was OP or balanced?

Bentu
06-17-2016, 09:17 AM
Rather than dignify that with any kind of retort, I'll keep it short and sweet. I started playing less than two weeks ago, so I have no damn clue how to counter something that two shots me with no escape. Nor why my weapons are worse than rubbish.

Yeah you won't stand a chance to be honest.

The gun itself was fine dmg wise it was the 0 reload that gave it a use to more or less stay cloaked indefinitely but you still have something else that can do that now also unless this patch changed it.

Nefarious
06-17-2016, 09:17 AM
The real shame here is that the update is good except for the swords.

New update is kinda all for not until they get fixed because now it's literally turned into a game of tag and whoever touches who first dies.

And considering how weapon balances have been shown to be dealt with in the past we can be looking at months of swords not getting looked into. No one is going to want to play if its nothing but everyone speed boosting taking run away 1 hit kill swipes at each other every match.

OokamiXIII
06-17-2016, 09:32 AM
The real shame here is that the update is good except for the swords.

New update is kinda all for not until they get fixed because now it's literally turned into a game of tag and whoever touches who first dies.

And considering how weapon balances have been shown to be dealt with in the past we can be looking at months of swords not getting looked into. No one is going to want to play if its nothing but everyone speed boosting taking run away 1 hit kill swipes at each other every match.

Instead of crying "fix" (read: nerf) 3 times per patch minimum, have you looked into trying to get you your own server with Defiance 1.0?

Bentu
06-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Instead of crying "fix" (read: nerf) 3 times per patch minimum, have you looked into trying to get you your own server with Defiance 1.0?

Now there's an idea.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-17-2016, 09:53 AM
I must suck with a sword.

After reading the first several pages of this thread, I decided to give it a try. I visited DD and set perks to a complete melee load-out. Not once was I able to kill anyone with 1 or 2 shots. Was generally taking 4 or more to kill. My CK must be broken.

Switched back to my normal loadout and did much better. Was only killed by a sword once. Amazingly, it was a 1 shot kill. His sword must be working fine. ;)

The swords don't bother me. Ppl have been using them since they were introduced. Plenty of defenses against it if you play smartly. The 1 death I did incur, is because I wasn't paying attention.

It is what it is.

Logain
06-17-2016, 10:18 AM
You can't bunny hop away the entire match. A weapon that requires no aiming shouldn't be better than weapons that require aiming .

The advantage to swords is that it requires no aiming. The disadvantage is that they have to get to you first. It's is sort of like a good VOT Nano Fragger get close enough and it is a one hit KO.

Maybe it is different on a PC bc you can use a mouse to aim. But if you charge at a guy with a sword and they have a gun you are well dead before you get there.

Most of my kills using a sword are surprise attacks either from behind or the side. It usually takes 2-3 (sometimes 4 for tanks) sword swipes. Sometimes the player is looking down scope charging up there Charge Sniper and don't see me come from behind or side. But honestly is that about the same as someone else sniping the sniper because they were looking down scope?

Honestly I am usually killed 2-3 times per match even when I have the jump on a player in mid swing of because players took evasive maneuvers. And quite frankly I am killed more often using a blade than when I am using some OP BR or Charge Sniper. Or really good TMP, or disruptor or Carbine. People with fraggers and nano fraggers own blades at short distances.

And yes Zaggers with no reload were obviously OP. It does not make sense to have a shotgun with 250+ rounds that never needed to reload. However, the way they fixed them was not right. There was no need to change the rolls just add in the miniumum reload time. Instead they did both.

Finally, swords absolutely suck in PVE. So maybe having a place for them in the game in PVP is a good thing.

Logain
06-17-2016, 10:22 AM
I am wondering is the whole disagreement on blades stems from the differences in PC vs Console. Or in short aiming with mouse versus joystick.

konstantinov
06-17-2016, 10:23 AM
I am wondering is the whole disagreement on blades stems from the differences in PC vs Console. Or in short aiming with mouse versus joystick.

I hate swords.

missmar
06-17-2016, 10:38 AM

i use a controller for PC and while aiming is difficult sometimes in short range-- overall it's not bad and i think i'd consider myself a challenging foe in pvp

konstantinov
06-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Make sluggers viable again and the sword users are toast.

Johnny Gatt
06-17-2016, 10:43 AM

Oh yeah... my sluggers used to be deadly in pvp.

Kuroro
06-17-2016, 11:05 AM
This right here. This is the first time in a while I've enjoyed pvp. And peeps on PS3 NA are already remembering how to counter the blade users quite effectively.

ookami,have you played observatory? i joined last night to complete the weekly echelon contract and there was full groups running with swords.they all moving together killing everything on their way XD damn its funny but it happened.while i scored 20/1 and won that match with my until death+dark star,i have to say swords are op as ****

dopeykid666
06-17-2016, 11:07 AM
I play PvP all the time, I used to be able to use a shrill buster and FRC bolt action and have fun, now if I try that I'll headshot someone, they'll have barely any health and I'll get 1 shotted by a surge bolter, thats more problematic to me than a sword. if someone runs up on me with a butter knife then cool. If others pull out a sword I will too, thats just a really fun **** show. Especially for the gun wealthy on this game, weapon specific issues shouldn't be a problem, as soon as you pull out whatever made you mad, its a level playing field and skill will prevail
That being said I don't have any boomers, surge bolters, infectors, op brs, etc, so I can never match it, so I end up looking like a scrub cake lol

OokamiXIII
06-17-2016, 12:49 PM
ookami,have you played observatory? i joined last night to complete the weekly echelon contract and there was full groups running with swords.they all moving together killing everything on their way XD damn its funny but it happened.while i scored 20/1 and won that match with my until death+dark star,i have to say swords are op as ****

Oh yeah I have! I was having a complete blast this morning running around with my Stalker and Carving Knife!

Smokey Black
06-17-2016, 12:53 PM

It seems to be map based also. The swords seem to do well in Observatory.

Smokey Black
06-17-2016, 12:54 PM

This is so true.

Nefarious
06-17-2016, 01:17 PM
The fact of the matter is that before no one ever really made a big deal of swords being either under or over powered. Because they were in a good place. It never came up.

Now swords got a damage buff and everyone all of a sudden is deciding to equip one. Hmm? I wonder why?? Mainly for the obvious fact that its super easy to just run up to ppl and swipe them out of the way like tinder rejects. It's not even a debate if swords are currently unbalanced or not. They clearly are.

Hunter0
06-17-2016, 01:44 PM
The fact of the matter is that before no one ever really made a big deal of swords being either under or over powered. Because they were in a good place. It never came up.

Now swords got a damage buff and everyone all of a sudden is deciding to equip one. Hmm? I wonder why?? Mainly for the obvious fact that its super easy to just run up to ppl and swipe them out of the way like tinder rejects. It's not even a debate if swords are currently unbalanced or not. They clearly are.

I thought PvP is full of snipers that won't make you move 10 feet. Or at least it WAS.

tarmim
06-17-2016, 01:47 PM
37-1 in MC , 15-0 in obs
http://imgur.com/Yj9OUHy

Johnny Gatt
06-17-2016, 01:54 PM
This is just another case of the weapons that were just recently op being replaced by the new op weapon.
I have stated in other posts that nerfs have never been the answer when it comes to pvp.
People will start whining about swords ruining pvp soon. They will expect Trion to do something about it. Since swords just got buffed, I imagine perks, melee dmg,blur,etc. would be targeted for 'improvements'. People will put away the swords and a new weapon type will take the place of swords as the op gun.

OokamiXIII
06-17-2016, 02:19 PM

It wasn't mentioned because there were so few blade users to begin with, when they caught that unintentional nerf with the initial PVP overhaul we just adapted to the change and put 'em away. Now that they're back in line with how they were prior, blades are finally viable. Just enjoy it and stop whining.

Crixus x1
06-17-2016, 02:24 PM
The slashers killed me many times yesterday,most fun i've had in pvp ever.

Bentu
06-17-2016, 02:28 PM
This is just another case of the weapons that were just recently op being replaced by the new op weapon.
I have stated in other posts that nerfs have never been the answer when it comes to pvp.
People will start whining about swords ruining pvp soon. They will expect Trion to do something about it. Since swords just got buffed, I imagine perks, melee dmg,blur,etc. would be targeted for 'improvements'. People will put away the swords and a new weapon type will take the place of swords as the op gun.

It will also entice those who haven't bought the Thorn Liro dlc to buy it for the swords.

Nefarious
06-17-2016, 02:48 PM
It wasn't mentioned because there were so few blade users to begin with, when they caught that unintentional nerf with the initial PVP overhaul we just adapted to the change and put 'em away. Now that they're back in line with how they were prior, blades are finally viable. Just enjoy it and stop whining.

Oh they just became viable now? I guess it takes them to be able to 1 hit kill like they do now to finally be viable...:rolleyes:

They were viable before with the right approach and set up. Now all that needs to be done is to run at ppl and lunge your face into them while swinging.

I'm using the sword just like everyone else. And those who don't are getting chopped up. I'm getting into 2 on 1 engagements and all I need to do is go nuts waving my sword around and I kill them. The guns ain't out damaging me before I reach to death touch them. And now pvp is turning it a game of sword tag. Stab someone, speed boost away, rinse, repeat.

Bentu
06-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Oh they just became viable now? I guess it takes them to be able to 1 hit kill like they do now to finally be viable...:rolleyes:

They were viable before with the right approach and set up. Now all that needs to be done is to run at ppl and lunge your face into them while swinging.

I'm using the sword just like everyone else. And those who don't are getting chopped up. I'm getting into 2 on 1 engagements and all I need to do is go nuts waving my sword around and I kill them. The guns ain't out damaging me before I reach to death touch them. And now pvp is turning it a game of sword tag. Stab someone, speed boost away, rinse, repeat.

And what's the difference than running into a room full of guys using brs.
Nothing it's just the new flavour of the day, you know that Nef.

OokamiXIII
06-17-2016, 03:32 PM

If you're actually using a blade, then you know just as well as I do that under normal circumstances it takes 3-4 slashes to down someone. The only time you're gonna get one hitter quitters is with blur AND a melee stim which only gives you a 45 second window in which to strike. Or if you stand there for 5-10 seconds to fully charge a swing. Don't ****ing buff the numbers to support you lies, it makes you look foolish. On a side note, how is this any different from the blur/boomer combo or the blur/blast rifle combo, or the blur/canker one? Oh that's right, it isn't. The whole base purpose of the blur power is to rush in, kill fast, and get the hell outta dodge just as quickly as possible.

Nightmare390
06-17-2016, 03:40 PM
People like the OP ruin this game. They complain about every little aspect they get owned at "people bunny hop and I can't kill them" "BRs are too OP" and complain about every aspect of the game that they aren't good at. If I see someone using a certain set up, I change my load out. Not try to get everything nerfed. I am sorry you are not the l33t3st on your server or whatever you want to call it. Change your load out to counter the blade or get better. But do not whine on forums because some guy embarrassed you with a charge blade. That says enough to me as it is.

Skiller115
06-17-2016, 04:06 PM
If you're actually using a blade, then you know just as well as I do that under normal circumstances it takes 3-4 slashes to down someone. The only time you're gonna get one hitter quitters is with blur AND a melee stim which only gives you a 45 second window in which to strike. Or if you stand there for 5-10 seconds to fully charge a swing. Don't ****ing buff the numbers to support you lies, it makes you look foolish. On a side note, how is this any different from the blur/boomer combo or the blur/blast rifle combo, or the blur/canker one? Oh that's right, it isn't. The whole base purpose of the blur power is to rush in, kill fast, and get the hell outta dodge just as quickly as possible. I just tested with just blur and I could two hit kill anyone without any other bonuses applied. Without blur I could still two hit people except one person because he had on a supreme Darkest Hour and a Whispered Death, also he barely survived with like a mm of health left! Also I was not using a damage rig.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-17-2016, 06:32 PM
the whole point of these pvp changes . was for no one shot kills in pvp. only thing that should one shot is a head shot. and even that is still op because of the extra crit multi

Mrdr
06-18-2016, 05:14 AM
You can't bunny hop away the entire match. A weapon that requires no aiming shouldn't be better than weapons that require aiming . And people don't backstab most of the time. They just hop around and rush at you. You can't do anything. Even you are saying "bunny hop around" to dodge. I have to be put into a defenceless stance to dodge a guy mashing R1.
As for Rad resist, nearly every weapon can have Rad so it defends you from much more than one weapon.

Jumping has only recently become a defenceless stance...congrats!

Mrdr
06-18-2016, 05:18 AM

TL;DR - git gud buddy.

You got it. Prior to the buff I was getting wrecked by sword users...until I learned not to counter, but to kill them before they got close enough. Samurai always use blur with a melee loadout so thefar can't exactly sneak up on you. The only concern now is the god mode blur glitch...but whether sword or br it won't matter against this glitch.

Mrdr
06-18-2016, 05:28 AM

That's because no one wants to learn how to beat them. They just want it "fixed". They don't want to learn any of their coveted "skill" to beat them, they'd just rather have the other guy taken down a notch.

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 05:30 AM
That's because no one wants to learn how to beat them. They just want it "fixed". They don't want to learn any of their coveted "skill" to beat them, they'd just rather have the other guy taken down a notch.

You just have your answer for everything it seems. Guess you never die in PvP with the way you talk. If you was on Xbox na, promise you would be calling nerf on swords.

Mrdr
06-18-2016, 05:35 AM

Solution to the "OP" sword? Kill them before they get close enough. Poop shoes plus heavy hitting accurate gun from a reasonable distance will do the job. If you can't do this, the problem is not with the sword...

Mrdr
06-18-2016, 05:40 AM
You just have your answer for everything it seems. Guess you never die in PvP with the way you talk. If you was on Xbox na, promise you would be calling nerf on swords.

I only have answers for obvious things. And I die all the time in pvp...the difference between someone like me and all those crying here is the crying. I get destroyed like you do...I just don't feel like it makes me less of a man when it happens.

Learn to die with dignity and enjoy the kills you get and you'll have more fun in pvp. You'll even get better because instead of raging and demanding the devs cripple other players' play style so you have a chance you'll have a different perspective and actually look at the situation to figure out how to overcome it. But just when you do figure it out, the devs will change something and you'll have to learn to adapt to that too. Good times man. :)

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 05:43 AM
I only have answers for obvious things. And I did all the time in pvp...the difference between someone like me and all those crying here is the crying. I get destroyed like you do...I just don't feel like it makes me less of a man when it happens.

Learn to die with dignity and enjoy the kills you get and you'll have more fun in pvp. You'll even get better because instead of raging and demanding the devs cripple other players' play style so you have a chance you'll have a different perspective and actually look at the situation to figure out how to overcome it. But just when you do figure it out, the devs will change something and you'll have to learn to adapt to that too. Good times man. :)
If I played on ps3 I would go into every match with a sword against you & prove to you that it doesn't matter what you use against me I will still be able to kill you with a sword repeatedly. Its just that simple after this update. Swords need to be nerfed. Simple as that.

Ea Rapture
06-18-2016, 05:45 AM
I only have answers for obvious things. And I did all the time in pvp...the difference between someone like me and all those crying here is the crying. I get destroyed like you do...I just don't feel like it makes me less of a man when it happens.

Such is the vicious cycle with PvPers in this game.

Raging is just so much easier than adapting. Besides, it's easier to cry and whine than actually get better.

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 05:47 AM
Such is the vicious cycle with PvPers in this game.

Raging is just so much easier than adapting. Besides, it's easier to cry and whine than actually get better.

Getting better has nothing to do with the facts but there is always multiple sides to a disagreement.

Ea Rapture
06-18-2016, 05:55 AM
Getting better has nothing to do with the facts but there is always multiple sides to a disagreement.

I mean, it isn't hard to kill them

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 06:20 AM

Try 16 people in observatory blur & swords.......

Mr B
06-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Try 16 people in observatory blur & swords.......

This actually looks quite fun lol.Sword only game? Count me in.

mystickaldj
06-18-2016, 06:54 AM
One thing I am noticing is that people that are using swords it doesn't always show them swinging it. Yesterday I wanted to test out a couple weps and someone was using a sword all it showed them doing was standing straight up gliding back and forth.

Skiller115
06-18-2016, 07:54 AM

Lol what if I was the one using the sword? Because for me it didn't Matter how stronk their Supreme Pipers and Until Deaths were I could still blur halfway across the map and kill whoever was shooting me without them even breaking my shield in two slashes!

Mrdr
06-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Lol what if I was the one using the sword? Because for me it didn't Matter how stronk their Supreme Pipers and Until Deaths were I could still blur halfway across the map and kill whoever was shooting me without them even breaking my shield in two slashes!

Good thing I don't have or use a piper or until death. :)

It doesn't matter if it's you or anyone else holding the sword. If you come within range, then we can expect to get hit and/or die...so what? Do those who die by the sword instantly lose their manhood or their street cred?

The trick is to kill you first or immobilize you so I can get away from you if I'm using a peashooter for some reason. It's not like a sword plus blur magically gives you invincibility any more than UD plus blur does. There's a blur glitch (hopefully fixed though) but I'm assuming you're not saying that you personally use the glitch.

The fact is, swords have so far been virtually useless for pvp (except for the very few who learned a while ago to kick *** with one--even against all the other supposedly "OP" weapons) so no one knows what to do against them. Rather than attempt to develop new skills over time to beat them, all the "it takes no skill" crowd wants is instant gratification by means of a nerf...less than 1 week after the patch is out.

Logain
06-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Frag Grenades work well for sword players as well. But go ahead and tell me that equipping a Grenade is to specifically counter a single weapon. It isn't.

I have found most people who use Swords are not very good with them. To counter all you have to do is pay attention. Bio weapons wreck them. Jumping onto higher ground wrecks them, sniping them from afar wrecks them, using all the other OP guns wrecks them. Swords honestly are just a fad in PVP and are only good in two of the maps (Monterey being one of them).

Just relax.

Btw I went 34-6 and 23-2 last night in prime time PVP using a boring courier using similar sneaky blur speed loadout to Swords. Now couriers on the other hand are OP! Nerf all Shotguns! I should be able to withstand 2-4 shots by a courier while I look down scope of my OP Until Death not paying attention to my surroundings!!! And those couriers are super rare I mean who has a Thumper or Slay Bells!

To quote Cersei "Nerf, Nerf them all!"

/sarcasm

Kuroro
06-18-2016, 10:04 AM
Frag Grenades work well for sword players as well. But go ahead and tell me that equipping a Grenade is to specifically counter a single weapon. It isn't.

that is a good example of what i said before,the truth said: frag grenades work well facing any kind of weapon,bio works well against anyone also.the difference is that other weapons are not killing in half second like a sword does.

this update was suposed to make a balance between all weapons,but for some reason swords own death match while surge bolters own capture & hold.what kind of reason coult it be?that suddenly everybody use that...uhm...maybe it is because swords kill in half second and surge bolters in 1 or 2 shots,and they do not require skill at all.

this is the reality,like it or not,that is what happens in game.it seems that the point of the update was nerfing everything except the 2 noobie guns

missmar
06-18-2016, 10:47 AM
dude just STOP.

it is balanced, because now it's not 24/7 blast rifles. and blast rifles weren't going to be nerfed.

you're probably part of the blast rifle crowd just trying to resist the change.

i've seen SO many more players with names I've never seen in PVP since the update.

the blast rifle crowd was RUINING pvp. if you deny that don't even bother playing anymore.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 11:08 AM
blades are ruining pvp

missmar
06-18-2016, 11:24 AM
blades are ruining pvp

no they're allowing noobs to slay you.

it's working.

Trogathorna
06-18-2016, 12:03 PM
So yall told the devs you wanted a fix to the screen shake br's were causing. Now everyone's using swords....screen shake solved lol

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 12:04 PM
blades are ruining pvp

Its like talking to a wall painted with lead based paint. We have our valid factual point but others don't care to see it.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Its like talking to a wall painted with lead based paint. We have our valid factual point but others don't care to see it.

yep we know.......

missmar
06-18-2016, 12:14 PM

what's your valid factual point? i'll counter it with valid factual points proving you're being stubborn in the face of change

seriously, there are MORE WAYS THAN EVER to counter swords.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:15 PM
you are out numbered on this one

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 12:18 PM
what's your valid factual point? i'll counter it with valid factual points proving you're being stubborn in the face of change

seriously, there are MORE WAYS THAN EVER to counter swords.

Come to Xbox na. Promise I will kill you back to back with a sword & not even break a sweat.

missmar
06-18-2016, 12:20 PM
So yall told the devs you wanted a fix to the screen shake br's were causing. Now everyone's using swords....screen shake solved lol

because they couldn't easily change blast rifles again without the crowd that used them excessively starting to Mt. St. Helens all over the forums and driving off new players.

because almost everyone complaining about PVP uses blast rifle every-friggin-match.

so they changed one of the most annoying parts about battling someone through shakescreen lag: that the shooter can be ridiculously mobile for how little we could fight back through the jostle.

of course you're going to disagree because it doesn't affect you, but you're quick to complain about any glitch that does affect you right? doesn't mean glitches that don't affect you shouldn't be abated

Bentu
06-18-2016, 12:20 PM

What does that prove?

missmar
06-18-2016, 12:22 PM
doubt that, son.

i'm a hardcore PVP'er and it's the only reason I play.

take a vid of your gameplay and i'll take a vid of mine.

Come to Xbox na. Promise I will kill you back to back with a sword & not even break a sweat.

the fact that you're complaining about swords being OP and calling yourself pro at PVP is a nooby paradox.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:22 PM
because they couldn't easily change blast rifles again without the crowd that used them excessively starting to Mt. St. Helens all over the forums and driving off new players.

because almost everyone complaining about PVP uses blast rifle every-friggin-match.

so they changed one of the most annoying parts about battling someone through shakescreen lag: that the shooter can be ridiculously mobile for how little we could fight back through the jostle.

of course you're going to disagree because it doesn't affect you, but you're quick to complain about any glitch that does affect you right? doesn't mean glitches that don't affect you shouldn't be abated

there isnt any shake screen action . its just your shield doing its job. working as intended. where is your proof?

WhiteStrike
06-18-2016, 12:25 PM
there isnt any shake screen action . its just your shield doing its job. working as intended. where is your proof?

There is shakescreen. It's one of the main reasons as to why Blast Rifles can beat SMGs at CQC.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:26 PM
There is shakescreen. It's one of the main reasons as to why Blast Rifles can beat SMGs at CQC.

where is a vid . like i said its just the shield doing is job .

Kuroro
06-18-2016, 12:26 PM
a lot of people start using swords for deathmatches,a lot of people say swords are op

nothing else to say

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:27 PM
here is a vid showing how op blades are .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXj3TkfzwY

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 12:29 PM
doubt that, son.

i'm a hardcore PVP'er and it's the only reason I play.

take a vid of your gameplay and i'll take a vid of mine.

the fact that you're complaining about swords being OP and calling yourself pro at PVP is a nooby paradox.

Hardcore pvper? You come off as one of the ones who go into zone chat or party chat giving excuses as to why you died in a match. And you can assume all you want. Truth of the matter is swords are the new UD and you just can't see how op they are regardless as how many people tell you they are. And as far as me 1v1 you, I've been playing PvP in this game since day one so pretty damn sure I know what I am talking bout when I say I wouldn't break a sweat killing you over and over with a sword. It simple skill as you would say.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:31 PM

here is a test for you to try . duel a low ego friend with a br. so u wont die fast. without your shield.
and see if you get this "shake screen"

missmar
06-18-2016, 12:32 PM
Hardcore pvper? You come off as one of the ones who go into zone chat or party chat giving excuses as to why you died in a match. And you can assume all you want. Truth of the matter is swords are the new UD and you just can't see how op they are regardless as how many people tell you they are. And as far as me 1v1 you, I've been playing PvP in this game since day one so pretty damn sure I know what I am talking bout when I say I wouldn't break a sweat killing you over and over with a sword. It simple skill as you would say.

nah you couldn't be more wrong. show me a screenshot of your loadout

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:33 PM
but ya'al would disagree when i say blast rifles have a GLITCH? that they were ALSO changed to be more OP friggin MONTHS AGO and you guys won't even touch that topic will you?

seriously get out, hypocrites. you're not helping the game at all.

and you calling players names . is unproductive , trolling and baiting players to start a fight . is helping to fix the game. how exactly ?

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:39 PM
Ikr. Thought this was a discussion thread.

apparently not

missmar
06-18-2016, 12:39 PM
and you calling players names . is unproductive , trolling and baiting players to start a fight . is helping to fix the game how exactly ?

me calling you a hypocrite while you're calling my posts unproductive, when your posts are being unproductive... is accurate.

you could try answering any of my questions if you wanted to actually contribute to the topic.

what are your valid points again? "sword damage too strong"??

is that it? why don't you use ablative stims, decoy, crit weapons, or OJ grenades?

i don't see anyone complaining about OJ frags even though they one-shot

ya'al aren't strengthening your argument in the slightest.

Kuroro
06-18-2016, 12:40 PM
since when person denying the reality helps to make a better game?

missmar
06-18-2016, 12:47 PM
since when person denying the reality helps to make a better game?

says the people who are refusing to believe swords can be countered, and that blast rifles are glitched with shakescreen stack

keep proving my point.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 12:49 PM
frag nades should be a 1 shot kill every time ,but they are not.

Ghost Within
06-18-2016, 12:50 PM
frag nades should be a 1 shot kill every time ,but they are not.

Exacly. If my frag grenades 1 hit us big PvP names on Xbox then ill start to believe your PvP logic missmar

Kuroro
06-18-2016, 12:51 PM
says the people who are refusing to believe swords can be countered, and that blast rifles are glitched with shakescreen stack

keep proving my point.

you dont have a point,i never said those words.i dont have problems facing swords,shakescreen is not a glitch and it happens with a lot of guns.all you do is denying the reality

Logain
06-18-2016, 12:51 PM

If this is a "discussion thread" then let's have a discussion.

It looks like to me this is mostly a console issue but when you reply to the questions below state what you play on first.

A. What is the one reason you dislike blades?

B. What number of blade attacks is a fair number to get hit by before you die?

C. What two guns would you prefer everyone used?

D. Finally, what system do you play on?

mcshulte
06-18-2016, 12:53 PM
I guess everyone has forgotten what a sword is. A lose range weapon used to kill someone quickly. Sounds like it's doing its job. Who cares you get one hit? If you can't figure out how to beat the close range weapon of choice, then use it yourself.

Kuroro
06-18-2016, 12:54 PM
If this is a "discussion thread" then let's have a discussion.

It looks like to me this is mostly a console issue but when you reply to the questions below state what you play on first.

A. What is the one reason you dislike blades?

B. What number of blade attacks is a fair number to get hit by before you die?

C. What two guns would you prefer everyone used?

D. Finally, what system do you play on?

the video he shared has been recorded on pc,by altras.there everybody can see how fast swords kill.of course,its easier to aim in pc than a console.this affects the game too,just a part,because lazy people with no skills started to use swords

shotguns,pistols and smgs should be that effective at close range,dont you think?

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 01:03 PM
A. blades never needed a buff to begin with . they kill u in one swipe. aka one shot
b. 2 to 3 strikes . so you get a chance to fight back. they way it was before.
c. pistols and bmgs
d. ps3 na

Logain
06-18-2016, 01:10 PM
the video he shared has been recorded on pc,by altras.there everybody can see how fast swords kill.of course,its easier to aim in pc than a console.this affects the game too,just a part,because lazy people with no skills started to use swords

shotguns,pistols and smgs should be that effective at close range,dont you think?

I saw (and was in) that video. What I see is Altras wrecking people with his Turtle Dove. Especially those hapless sword users.

Shotguns ARE very effective at short range and are OP with a fall off barrel. In fact, one player in that match was top 3 with a Fragger.

As a sometimes blade runner, I am killed constantly with SMGs not so much with BRs bc bunny hopping was taken away.

The top 3 on one side of that match were: Blade/SASR, Blade/BR/SMG, Invader/Fragger. Top two on the other side were BR/Charge Sniper, and BR/Charge Sniper.

Just FYI.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 01:18 PM
was anyone around when the low ego bmgs scaling broke in pvp . i was . its was so much .no one could kill a bmg user . i made low ego toon just to get back at them . the revenge was so sweet :)

Bentu
06-18-2016, 01:27 PM
They still whinging about blades, just do away with pvp Trion it's not needed to level anymore and far more trouble than it's worth.

kkdubz
06-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Idk if this is constructive or not, but here it goes.

My oj frag nades haven't done damage to pvpers for months. I dropped one on a guy in freight yard, landed near his feat, as he was apparently afk near a capture point. It didn't kill him, and did about 25% of his shield in damage. Idk how much they may do now, but i haven't been able to kill anyone with them in a long time.

I'm not to sure about decoy yet, as it doesn't seem to be working as well as I think it should be in pvp for me on xbox 360 na, still need some testing to get used to so i don't have much for this topic.

I use a grave digger, and the JP wildcat (with a 7.8 crit yo!) in pvp. However, it still takes me 2-3 (sometimes 4 oddly enough, although i think these guys have mad defensive rigs on and even the 2-3 shot ones have good perk sets) shots in the head to kill a player. And when people are bluring around, or moving in general, it is harder to get critical shots. Granted, it is supposed to be harder, yah know? But having to aim, still hit someone 2-3 times in the head with the highest crit(?) weapon in the game, when someone can blur and one shot you with a sword, means I just can't use that weapon against them, and doesn't make me want to use a pistol, cause I'd want to use a sword too. Adding a "crit" barrel doesn't help if you can't hit the crit spot enough with enough power, but that's something I just need to keep working on maybe.

HOWEVER, on the flip side, a sniper might be a good switch for me, cause it's longer range, keeping anyone using a sword off of me. So that is a change, but it may mean that high crit pistols may be a little obsolete in pvp for close combat, but that just my opinion, as I am still learning the new changes and how to combat swords and their "ease" at which they kill compared to the slightly harder choices (again my opinion) like an wildcat.

One good thing though, is if you are above them, they can't hit you unless you are within range of their jump attack. So I may need to find more tactical ground to use my wildcat effectively from, or other weapons for that matter. I may also need to start trying to use protection spikes/dmg spikes to help me and my teammates.

However, even with me changing my ways to fight them, and learning the new combat tactics, i think it is fair to say that swords are a much more pvp usable weapon, that can be used at ease by someone using it. Of course, if you are good at pvp, you know how to use them even better with perks, blur, etc. So, I also did a funny test with a friend. I pulled out a carving knife, and he pulled out a supreme UD and we dueled. I won 2/3 rounds using a semi-decent melee perk set (not full blown) and no brawler, but I did use blur. It was fun, but I had to work for it, I was able to kill him fast, but I had to get in range before getting mowed down. After that, it was easy.

To conclude, I see both points. There may be ways to "defend" from a sword user, or ways to counter them. But there are ways to do that to every single weapon technically. But you don't need to do that to a vbi auto-pistol, or a birdshot pump, or some things. So i can say that swords are very strong in comparison to most weapons and something easy to use for most players. some can say that about BR's (and some did actively) but blast rifles, was must easier to counter (in my opinion) then swords are at the moment. But I will have to investigate more into this and test new strategies.

I play on xbox 360 NA. I don't pvp a whole lot, mainly only for the pursuits, but I'm known to jump in every now and then. These are just my thoughts.

WhiteStrike
06-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Idk if this is constructive or not, but here it goes.

My oj frag nades haven't done damage to pvpers for months. I dropped one on a guy in freight yard, landed near his feat, as he was apparently afk near a capture point. It didn't kill him, and did about 25% of his shield in damage. Idk how much they may do now, but i haven't been able to kill anyone with them in a long time.

I'm not to sure about decoy yet, as it doesn't seem to be working as well as I think it should be in pvp for me on xbox 360 na, still need some testing to get used to so i don't have much for this topic.

I use a grave digger, and the JP wildcat (with a 7.8 crit yo!) in pvp. However, it still takes me 2-3 (sometimes 4 oddly enough, although i think these guys have mad defensive rigs on and even the 2-3 shot ones have good perk sets) shots in the head to kill a player. And when people are bluring around, or moving in general, it is harder to get critical shots. Granted, it is supposed to be harder, yah know? But having to aim, still hit someone 2-3 times in the head with the highest crit(?) weapon in the game, when someone can blur and one shot you with a sword, means I just can't use that weapon against them, and doesn't make me want to use a pistol, cause I'd want to use a sword too. Adding a "crit" barrel doesn't help if you can't hit the crit spot enough with enough power, but that's something I just need to keep working on maybe.

HOWEVER, on the flip side, a sniper might be a good switch for me, cause it's longer range, keeping anyone using a sword off of me. So that is a change, but it may mean that high crit pistols may be a little obsolete in pvp for close combat, but that just my opinion, as I am still learning the new changes and how to combat swords and their "ease" at which they kill compared to the slightly harder choices (again my opinion) like an wildcat.

One good thing though, is if you are above them, they can't hit you unless you are within range of their jump attack. So I may need to find more tactical ground to use my wildcat effectively from, or other weapons for that matter. I may also need to start trying to use protection spikes/dmg spikes to help me and my teammates.

However, even with me changing my ways to fight them, and learning the new combat tactics, i think it is fair to say that swords are a much more pvp usable weapon, that can be used at ease by someone using it. Of course, if you are good at pvp, you know how to use them even better with perks, blur, etc. So, I also did a funny test with a friend. I pulled out a carving knife, and he pulled out a supreme UD and we dueled. I won 2/3 rounds using a semi-decent melee perk set (not full blown) and no brawler, but I did use blur. It was fun, but I had to work for it, I was able to kill him fast, but I had to get in range before getting mowed down. After that, it was easy.

To conclude, I see both points. There may be ways to "defend" from a sword user, or ways to counter them. But there are ways to do that to every single weapon technically. But you don't need to do that to a vbi auto-pistol, or a birdshot pump, or some things. So i can say that swords are very strong in comparison to most weapons and something easy to use for most players. some can say that about BR's (and some did actively) but blast rifles, was must easier to counter (in my opinion) then swords are at the moment. But I will have to investigate more into this and test new strategies.

I play on xbox 360 NA. I don't pvp a whole lot, mainly only for the pursuits, but I'm known to jump in every now and then. These are just my thoughts.
PvP changea don't affect duels so there was no body shot dmg reduction from the UD.

kkdubz
06-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Ahh okay! Good to know.

Bentu
06-18-2016, 01:44 PM
better people playing pvp than only saying useless trash on forums everyday instead of playing

And your comments have been constructive as usual of course, you have yet to disprove anything I said at the beginning of the thread and nothing you've said has proven anything one way or the other except for your rig can save your life.
Your little pvp world is falling down around you oh what will you do, oh I know you'll try and insult people.

Tauriiel
06-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Going into Echelon for my daily this morning reminded me why I despised pvp so much to begin with. There was no challenge, just two swings from a sword and I'm down for a count. Unless I saw these sword users from a distance and had time to react, the blurring and cloaking just made it incredibly frustrating. It was almost like combating a glitched invisible player.

Swords appear to have a huge advantage - and it's gonna be a crappy few weeks reaching Honored status with Echelon. (Seriously, I'd much rather be surge bolted and RL'd and detted because at least then I have more of a fighting chance other than two strikes I'm out. (And I'm really bad at pvp to begin with, lolol))

/end whine. Feel better getting that out. Carry on.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-18-2016, 02:27 PM
What does that prove?

and what did u prove?

Smokey Black
06-18-2016, 02:35 PM
and what did u prove?

I didn't notice anyone using a sword in shadow war earlier. Not one player.

Bentu
06-18-2016, 02:41 PM
and what did u prove?

I've proved the usual suspects don't like change and once out of their comfort zone they haven't got a clue what to do except to call for everything to go back to what it was.

The main reason for these changes is more than likely to sell more Castithan dlcs but y'all can't see past the end of your brs so I'm just sitting back with my pot of popcorn watching y'all sweat.
It's bloody funny from where I'm sitting lol.

mystickaldj
06-18-2016, 02:45 PM
I can't believe.............it's not butter lmao

mcshulte
06-18-2016, 02:54 PM
I can't believe.............it's not butter lmao

Wait... It's not?! THEN WHAT IS IT

Kuroro
06-18-2016, 03:09 PM
i remember you all that the person who made this thread was the main complainer about blast rifles.blast rifles are in the past,this thread has nothing to do with that.there is a difference between complaining and pointing out the reality,this thread,the people saying swords are overpowered,are saying how the things are