PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to Syfy and Trion

Deyu
04-07-2013, 03:58 AM
First of all, I enjoy the game. I even upgraded it to the deluxe edition after playing for a few hours. Yes I know it has some issues, etc, etc. My problem is with the series and the stupid region blocking of Syfy. Why did you release the game in all countries if we cannot watch the show? How is this the great transmedia revolution? Oh, I see, the great transmedia revolution presupposes we wait a few years for the series to air on local TV channels. IF they decide to buy it. Even the first 14 minutes video is blocked. Why not make some sort of Syfy account where you request my game key and I have acces to the show? I spent 60 euros on it. In my country there is no Syfy channel. At least not on every major cable tv provider. Frankly I havent heard of any platform (digital, cable, satellite) that has Syfy. You are afraid that Defiance users will rip the show? I don't think anyone who has spent money on the game will rip the show. And the show will be ripped anyway, no point of not saying it. Another, not OK, solution is making a season pass for the series... Let us pay for the show if you are so greedy. Anyway, because of this I will not have any remorse in watching the ripped episodes. Yes, you can ban me for saying this.

Escyos
04-07-2013, 04:05 AM
It has already been confirmed the show will be several hours after the US in Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, several Asian countries and I believe Belgium. Others are also apparently airing it as well.

Escyos
04-07-2013, 04:07 AM
Brazil and Spain too. Also Australia on April 18 and Portugal on May 5th.

Godwings102
04-07-2013, 04:09 AM
Well, do research before you sling hate about not watching the TV show. Although I'm not against watching the episodes online I will try and catch my favorite shows on TV, if I can, before resorting to watching them online.

Deyu
04-07-2013, 04:28 AM
Well, do research before you sling hate about not watching the TV show. Although I'm not against watching the episodes online I will try and catch my favorite shows on TV, if I can, before resorting to watching them online.

Well, I did. Defiance will not air here (Romania). This is a matter of principle. As I said, I will get the show from outside sources because there is no legal way of seeing it on TV or on Syfy.com.You cant say this is a transmedia product when you don't even let me see the first 14 minutes. (I watched a 300x something thumbnail video of it).

stragen001
04-07-2013, 04:39 AM
Well, I did. Defiance will not air here (Romania). This is a matter of principle. As I said, I will get the show from outside sources because there is no legal way of seeing it on TV or on Syfy.com.You cant say this is a transmedia product when you don't even let me see the first 14 minutes. (I watched a 300x something thumbnail video of it).

Buy the season pass on Amazon instant video
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Preview/dp/B00C0OWP02/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1365334721&sr=1-1&keywords=defiance

Deyu
04-07-2013, 04:47 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Preview/dp/B00C0OWP02/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1365334721&sr=1-1&keywords=defiance

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Nandui
04-07-2013, 04:49 AM

You can only watch amazon video if you are in the US as far as I know. Unless you use VPN/Proxy ofc.

BlackSource
04-07-2013, 05:29 AM

Maybe you should do some research....
There is no way to watch it here too... Not on any TV, and online too. But sure, maybe with change of proxy, but there should be option for those who bought game, to watch episodes online. Even with a postpone for a week or so.

Deyu
04-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Maybe you should do some research....
There is no way to watch it here too... Not on any TV, and online too. But sure, maybe with change of proxy, but there should be option for those who bought game, to watch episodes online. Even with a postpone for a week or so.

Exactly my point. Thank you :)

BlackSource
04-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Exactly my point. Thank you :)

Hi, I found a solution.
If you have Firefox, just install this plugin and no more region blocking :-)
https://mediahint.com/