PDA

View Full Version : The LAG Thread

wuzup916
06-25-2016, 07:40 PM
I wanna see how bad and widespread the lag and crits are so fill out this little form and lets see.. also I do know for some people it's normal but for others like me the game is unplayable right now..

platform/server?:
when did it start?:
how many tries to log in?:
what do you experience more, critting or lag/delay?:
how often do you crit/hard freeze?:
how long does the lag last for?:
what specifically makes you crit?:

Here's the only real acknowledgement from the developers since this started 2 weeks ago for me and some other people on xbox. This one was barely posted yesterday and it only mentions xbox even thought ps3 and i think PC is experiencing these problems too..

Hey All,

We are working very hard to get Xbox back up and running to its rightful glory. Rest assured that this is a top priority right now for us, and will have an update for you all VERY soon. Thanks for your patience, and I know how frustrating this can be, but just bear with us a little bit longer.

Also this from kiwi..

Hey there ark hunters,

We've recieved some reports of latency lately and our team would appreciate some tracert reports from players experiencing this. If you're encountering this latency or lag, please send your tracert results to swalters@trionworlds.com so that I can get this information to the team. I appreciate it!

If you're not familiar with tracert reports, check out this article! (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203364528-How-to-run-network-tests)

All the best,
CM Kiwibird

platform/server?: xbox 360 na
when did it start?: when the exchange came back online
how many tries to log in?: 10+
what do you experience more, critting or lag/delay?: mostly critting when i do connect i don't really see a delay
how often do you crit/hard freeze?: besides fast travels and the rare co op map everything i load up
how long does the lag last for?: i can't lag if i can't connect
what specifically makes you crit?: pretty much everything

MasterProtector
06-25-2016, 07:55 PM
xbox na
since start of play 01/19/2015
to many
occassional lag "mainly in pvp" and right before crits like which happened to me and a clannie at the end of an expo boss and a mass crit happened only 5 minutes ago and everyone on my list was logging back in.
about 15-20 times a day
lasts for good half hour intervals, also happens frequently.
playing the game.... though to more specific points ummmm when is silicon valley especially the upper right region going to be looked into lol most days on xbox na if you go to port bruno drive just pass the busses and take a right on that road its the biggest hot spot for critting in the game! like it hasnt been mentioned.

Deadsky
06-25-2016, 07:58 PM
Sorry to stray from the topic (kinda) but I noticed destro said to bear with them just a "little bit longer". This may be wishful thinking but could they be in the process of trying to move all the data to a different server now that the other game got a new mega server? I fugging hope so. What do we want?! Stability!! When do we want it?!....um....ASAP!!

wuzup916
06-25-2016, 08:21 PM
destro said to bear with them just a "little bit longer".

i hope it's happens when the event starts but with trions sense of time that still may be weeks away from now before we actually see some stability..

Deadsky
06-25-2016, 08:43 PM
i hope it's happens when the event starts but with trions sense of time that still may be weeks away from now before we actually see some stability..

Very true and my fingers are crossed for much sooner rather than later

Bentu
06-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Well I patched and did Soleptre, no connection or stability issues for me on my main Bentu account, will patch an try my alt later.

I was wondering if these connection issues you guys are having is down to the outfits you guys are wearing, if you remember I had this issue not long ago because of the outfit I was wearing.

Calm like a Bomb
06-26-2016, 12:54 AM
This past week all my disconnections but 1 have been hard freezes on the ps3 where it has to restore the system files. The freezes occur during coops & entering vendors

DEPHIC
06-26-2016, 01:00 AM
I'm reading forum threads now while trying to port to a friend or clanmate its so bad lol.

DEATHBRINGER210
06-26-2016, 01:02 AM
lag everywhere

Kuroro
06-26-2016, 01:14 AM
ps3 NA is having lag issues since 2 weeks before of the exchange.it has been worse than how it is now,but the server keeps kicking after a match and lagging too soon

Bentu
06-26-2016, 01:15 AM
Think the issue here is more like 3rd world Internet providers.

Soul Binder
06-26-2016, 02:09 AM
Think the issue here is more like 3rd world Internet providers.

So your saying Trion switching Defiance servers to Cricket was a bad idea? :D

DEATHBRINGER210
06-26-2016, 02:11 AM
the lag is killing the game

Bentu
06-26-2016, 02:19 AM
So your saying Trion switching Defiance servers to Cricket was a bad idea? :D

No..............

NullWolf
06-26-2016, 02:36 AM
Bloodbath was already a horrorshow when events were happening but with this new level of lagging and dc's its going to be slaughterhouse.

Really wish they could implement something where even if you DC and don't make it back in before the event ends you still get rewarded but thats dreaming on cat poop

Hunter0
06-26-2016, 11:14 AM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/brace-yourselves-lag.jpg

wuzup916
06-26-2016, 11:33 AM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/brace-yourselves-lag.jpg

we actually play the game and not just "chat" in zone so the crit and lag actually affect us unlike you.. js

grumss
06-27-2016, 02:08 AM
I have been really trying to get some answers to why sometimes of the day/ week my weapons do so much more damage then other times (ie PVP)... (damage taken same thing)
I am in Australia and i think that our added ping time is really working against us (optical fibre over the distance is adding at least 210ms)

ANYWAY- i am very suspicious about the server "ping time test"
https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203364528-How-to-run-network-tests

Seems too consistent to be true- wonder if that is a ping to the "store" server?

is there other more reliable ping tests that i should be using?