PDA

View Full Version : Im a little confused about loot

BABVA
04-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi all,

Started Defiance yesterday and I am really enjoying it. I am just a bit confused about loot and the inventory.

I have changed my weapons once and this was due to a single stat being better. I dont understand why you cant buy good weapons from the supplies/merchants. I have contributed in two ArkFall locations and their was no loot to speak off. I have been using the same weapons for hours and I dont feel that is right, Surely I should be able to get better gear, even shields but EVERYTHING is worse than what I started with.

Do I have to pay some real money to get some lock boxes? will that give me better gear? I also always have a full inventory due to weapon mods that I cant use on any weapon but think I should keep as I have no storage container!

A better understanding may help so please dont flame but help me understand.

Dolnor
04-07-2013, 04:35 AM
Many of the missions, both Storyline and side missions, reward you with much better gear/weapons. So try doing some of those. Yes, the early ones don't have gear A LOT better than the starter gear but later missions do.

Go shoot mobs, do the Emergency pop-up events, etc. Things will start dropping a lot and your inventory will fill up fast.

I am sure more people will have additional input.

TQQdles™

nosworc
04-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Im kind of having the issue, only in the way that when i do get an upgrade the enemies seem to get the same thing making it pointless.
For example i just picked up a shock Lmg and on my next mission nearly every enemy i came up against were using shock weapons against me, I just dont feel like im getting any stronger in game at the moment.

BABVA
04-07-2013, 04:40 AM
NosWorc, that is what I am feeling, take the Sgt Mutants with the grenade launchers for example, it is hard for me to take one of them down let alone two at once!

Should I buy some inv slots with real world cash or should I drop the weapon mods? Do I need to do anything in the game to get the modding option enabled?

nosworc
04-07-2013, 04:51 AM
I sell the mods for the weapons im not using, i usually run around with an lmg or assualt rifle most of the time. Theres no need to waste real world cash on inventory space, you get more as you level.
The weapons your not using i would salvage though instead of selling them off, you can buy the badge things with the salvage to get some lockboxes, they have some decent gear in them.

VectorHunter
04-07-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with your ego rating but once My rating was 300+ I started getting better loot more often. Also yeah like the guy above said using keycodes and scrip to buy lockboxes will get you loot that is at least green colored. I got a legendary shotgun from using an 8 keycode lockbox. Also the vendors do sell good stuff but it's in the hourly specials at the top of the vendor's list. One more thing, if you want to get good attachments for your weapons do side missions with mod caches as reward.

beastss
04-07-2013, 07:27 AM
The game doesn't adequately upgrade your weapons to the enemies that they introduce to you, its not really based on you being able to just walk up to them and shoot them in the face without dying. That would make every character overpowered, so they force you to think about how to go about attacking them and use strategy, tactics, and teamwork to defeat them (teamwork not required, but really helpful). I agree that shields should get stronger, but there is no helping that. When I started the first shield I equipped (after starter) was a Respark with 1021 strength, now I'm 547 Ego and 5 perk maxed out with 5 points in other stuff and 16 points lefter over and my current shield is a Respark II with 1056. Not fair, but not much of a choice. There is either a Ironclad (1300-ish, 70% recovery rate, and 9.6s delay), Rhino (1600-ish, 10%, and 9.6s delay), VBI (1300-ish, 40%, and 6s delay), Rebel (1000-ish, 10% , and 2.85s delay), or Respark (1000-ish, 40%, and 3s delay). Not very dependent on the shields, more so on tactics...

Scout2
04-08-2013, 12:56 AM
I sell the mods for the weapons im not using, i usually run around with an lmg or assualt rifle most of the time. Theres no need to waste real world cash on inventory space, you get more as you level.
The weapons your not using i would salvage though instead of selling them off, you can buy the badge things with the salvage to get some lockboxes, they have some decent gear in them.

I am kind of new to the game so was wondering where you get the lock boxes and how to open them. I have some key codes and shield things. What is the difference and what is needed for the lock boxes. Thanks for any input.

Solus
04-08-2013, 01:06 AM
I am kind of new to the game so was wondering where you get the lock boxes and how to open them. I have some key codes and shield things. What is the difference and what is needed for the lock boxes. Thanks for any input.

The lock boxes are sold at the lock box vendors, they looks like oval cases near the big supply/mod vendors.

Solus
04-08-2013, 01:11 AM
My only issue with the loot is shouldn't you get better loot in the instances? You fight giant bosses but right when you beat them you are taken out of the instance after a cutscene. So really whats the point in going in them, for pursuits, raising your EGO, and getting a new outfit if you do all the pursuits inside? Every MMO I've ever played gave you loot when you would beat a boss, but this seems weird to me. You'd think they'd drop good stuff.

zeakyill
04-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Follow the storyline and you'll get better weapons in no time. Also keep an eye on the vendor specials, they change every hour and you can get some very good weapons from then if you're patient and lucky. Save your money and break down the items you're not using for salvage so you can get some lock boxes. One thing to remember about this game is that the damage a weapon does isn't the only thing to look for. I have high damage lmg's, detonators, etc but i still prefer my full auto infector due to its homing capabilities and higher damage bugs that spawn and will chase down multiple enemies. Be patient and play smart, even with high damage weapons you will still get taken down fast if you don't play tactfully. Trust me, soon enough you'll have more weapons than you know what to do with.