PDA

View Full Version : wth crits

Gaige12
06-28-2016, 05:39 AM
Trion, you have to fix these crits. Why in the world would you startup this event with the servers running like this?

#fixthecrits

Bentu
06-28-2016, 06:04 AM
I am sorry you're having these issues on pc but must say I find the "fix this crit issue now" plea amusing as it's been a major issue for consoles since release.
Needless to say I don't know what your crit rates are like but I doubt they're as severe as on the ps3.

Olaf
06-28-2016, 06:09 AM
I am sorry you're having these issues on pc but must say I find the "fix this crit issue now" plea amusing as it's been a major issue for consoles since release.
Needless to say I don't know what your crit rates are like but I doubt they're as severe as on the ps3.

Yeah I find it hilarious. Ps3 players been putting up wiv this sh!t since game launch. Jog on PC players, can't be worse than we got it

Gaige12
06-28-2016, 06:26 AM
Yeah I don't know how you guys can stand it. I played on xbox in the beginning and bailed on that mess after 15 or 20 hours. Those of us that play on pc do so to avoid some of the stability issues consoles have, but now that plague has reached our shores as well.

#Doom40%off:D

Olaf
06-28-2016, 06:37 AM
Yeah I don't know how you guys can stand it. I played on xbox in the beginning and bailed on that mess after 15 or 20 hours. Those of us that play on pc do so to avoid some of the stability issues consoles have, but now that plague has reached our shores as well.

Yeah it's real bad. I can't even get back on ps3 eu. Got critted and now whenever I press start like game says, I get the defiance service is not available msg.

PithHelmetIrath
06-28-2016, 06:41 AM

Good to know, I can go back to breaking in my new laptop once again..

clubside
06-28-2016, 08:28 AM
PC players aren't used to it Bentu because unlike the console the message really is a connection error rather than a catch-all for many errors like the persistent memory leaks on PS3 and Xbox 360. As someone who plays on all three it is tough going on PS3 as a single major event like the end of a Kenn Farm incursion is enough to "crit" you out before the results screen (especially if you gained any EGO levels).

The *cough* good news is the PC version isn't safe from the hard crash when you right-trigger an item on the inventory screen, but at least they can just shut down the game from Task Manager rather than having to manually power off the console and, on PS3, deal with the "report error to Sony" and other screen before relaunching the game.

As for critical connection errors on PC, only had one yesterday over the course of four hours.

PithHelmetIrath
06-28-2016, 09:12 AM
rather than having to manually power off the console and, on PS3, deal with the "report error to Sony" and other screen before relaunching the game.

IIRC, that "report error to Sony" can be skipped entirely. It has been a while since I powered up a PS3, so I might be wrong.

clubside
06-28-2016, 09:21 AM
IIRC, that "report error to Sony" can be skipped entirely. It has been a while since I powered up a PS3, so I might be wrong.

You can skip it along with the subsequent "check drive for errors" but it's just another delay in getting back into the game (those two screens, PSN login delay, navigate to games in XMB, open folder, start Defiance, skip intro scenes, press Start, click through EULA, Patch, Start *WHEW*)

Yiazzy
06-28-2016, 09:27 AM
You can skip the Sony report...but not the "Checking for corruption" part which can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes :/

clubside
06-28-2016, 09:27 AM
You can skip the Sony report...but not the "Checking for corruption" part which can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes :/

You can, just hit Circle.

PithHelmetIrath
06-28-2016, 09:42 AM
You can skip it along with the subsequent "check drive for errors" but it's just another delay in getting back into the game (those two screens, PSN login delay, navigate to games in XMB, open folder, start Defiance, skip intro scenes, press Start, click through EULA, Patch, Start *WHEW*)

Another set of reasons why "I'm glad I finally ditched the PS3". lol

Fallen_Aingeal
06-28-2016, 09:49 AM
The corruption check can be skipped also. Learned this early on playing Def.

Only game I've played that's had to display it, yet, the problem is on "my end". SMH

PithHelmetIrath
06-28-2016, 11:41 AM
The corruption check can be skipped also. Learned this early on playing Def.

Only game I've played that's had to display it, yet, the problem is on "my end". SMH

I had a feeling that could also be skipped.. been so long since I played (PS3) DC Universe Online, I completely forgot about it.

Those developers also used to tell us the problem was on "our end". SMH indeed.