PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card crashing

Barienm
06-28-2016, 08:21 AM
I just recently downloaded the game and started playing, on my first session it was fine about a hour and nothing and i got off. I got on the next day and after 45 minutes or so my graphics card crashed, i tried playing it again about 5 minutes in it crashed, can't find a fix and it only happens on this game but i can run other games completely fine any idea's?

clubside
06-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Any kind of error messages displaying? What kind of graphics card?

I've played on everything from a lowly Intel series 2 to mid-to-high-range AMD and nVidia and never had any issues (beyond the atrocious framerate on Intel at 1080P).

You should definitely submit a support ticket so Trion staff can ask the right questions to help with debugging.

Barienm
06-28-2016, 09:05 AM
All that happens is the screen goes black and sometimes i get to alt + tab or Ctrl + Alt + Delete out and it says my graphics card stopped responding and has recovered but most of the time i need to restart, Sometimes i can still play after it crashes but usually i cant. I have a GTX 980.

clubside
06-28-2016, 09:25 AM
I've had those "stopped responding" issues other places (not Defiance) and it was always solved by updating or rolling back graphics drivers whatever the case may be. Do you have Geforce Experience installed? Do you ever get that error doing other things like just browsing the web? Definitely start a support ticket!