PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer Major Letdown, Again...

DEPHIC
06-29-2016, 04:50 PM
This is without a doubt the most boring Holiday event, EVER. The sheer lack of Major Arkfalls makes this worse than the catastrophe from last year. Itís so boring I'm having more fun writing this post. I've seen clan-mates and friend comeback for the event, look around for hours, say **** this **** and leave. New people to game are frustrated from how bad this is. I feel ashamed telling them they will have a lot of fun during these events only to be given this shtako. Why are there so few spots for these Arkfalls to spawn? Thereís only 3 spots that spawn Arkfalls now? For the love of god why? Open up the spot to the right of overpass and the ones up in Mount Tam, Madera and Sausalito.

Another issue is the long waiting time after nightly server reset or maintenance. Its 3-5 hours for the first event major to spawn. Why canít we start the reset with these event? People come don't see anything and leave. There are a lot of people in different countries that play after the maintenance time and they get shafted with NO major Arkfalls.

The threat level needs raised during primetime ALOT more. These are lasting like maybe 3 minutes because everyone pounces on 1 Major because it the first one they have seen in HOURS. Threat level 11 might as well be threat level 1. There not very fun because they end so quickly. The rewards suck as far as Arkforge and keys.

The extreme lag and critting out has to be fixed. We have been telling you this for weeks and you wait for the event to hit before trying to fix it. I was pulling a dayís worth of items I bought but forgot to claim from the Exchange when we got hit by a wave of crits. I lost all the items I purchased, around 60m worth of stuff went POOF. I tried claiming them all at once, so that was my first mistake Iíll never make again.

Honestly I donít know why Iím even playing anymore with how bad things are going in Defiance. It's like watching a train wreck I just can't look away. If your looking to fix the latency and lag issues by driving people away your doing a spot on job of it. I know youíre working on the lag and crit issues, but turn on some freaking Arkfalls so we have something to do in the meantime.

Cobra Crusher
06-29-2016, 04:59 PM
You know it's bad when people are struggling to find 1 major to finish the daily contract.

eaglepowers
06-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Why don't you crank up the spawn rate or turn off the others until you get things sorted?

Snapcase
06-29-2016, 05:08 PM
Don't forget the bad drops at the majors. I'm glad that stuff is hitting the ground as opposed to last year and Armistice, but the rewards are still 98% blues with the very rare purple drops. I'm not saying to up the JP drops, I've heard of a reasonable amount of those get claimed but many people in my clan, myself included, have yet to see a base weapon OJ drop. Though I will admit maybe it's not the drop rate, it's waiting 2 hours between majors...

kkdubz
06-29-2016, 05:09 PM
I don't like being one to complain, and this morning was awesome in terms of spawn rates, but it's been a rough last hour and a half. I've been trying to help clear the other stuff, but it's slow rolling atm. All I can say is that have hope and faith that the devs can find any/all problems atm so we can continue our gaming experience.

ColapsN7
06-29-2016, 05:11 PM
it was a joke when you launch Glyph what is the game the update is 119mb in size. ( Ver 174->175 Live )

txt file
version 174
174-175.patch:4bac2498cf11791410a5ca2eff299056651c574d :66468
bundle_174-175.0:1053ec286ea44fab2e1cbfc13642f51255a5286d:125 027071
f

it is now available to update the game client.

(5:40 AM MSK)

...N7ģ .

The Lady
06-29-2016, 05:13 PM
I played last night from 10pm to 2am. In that time I did 8 majors and 9 minors. Several times I was at one when a clan mate would post they were at another one. It helps to have lots of people looking.

Hunter0
06-29-2016, 05:13 PM
Many have suggested: "remove normal Arkfalls during events". Nothing has happened.

Fallen_Aingeal
06-29-2016, 05:16 PM
Many have suggested: "remove normal Arkfalls during events". Nothing has happened.

Won't happen.

We suggested this during the first holiday event and were told it wouldn't happen. Spawn rates then were bad, albeit, not as terrible as this current event.

I'm spending more time doing other things to work on getting to 1500 rep with all the factions, while waiting for the elusive MM to pop it's head...

ColapsN7
06-29-2016, 05:23 PM

it just said ( on the turnover of many Standard Arkfalls. )

And before was better then two in a row MM fell than now ( when life falls MM ) boring events.

...N7ģ .

Eternal63
06-29-2016, 05:36 PM
My whole clan was searching we found one major in the last 3 hours

Bentu
06-29-2016, 05:55 PM
I can honestly and genuinely say that this event is the worst yet.
Sorry to say that I have no real reason to play at the moment.

professor chaos69
06-29-2016, 06:38 PM
This is without a doubt the most boring Holiday event, EVER. The sheer lack of Major Arkfalls makes this worse than the catastrophe from last year. Itís so boring I'm having more fun writing this post. I've seen clan-mates and friend comeback for the event, look around for hours, say **** this **** and leave. New people to game are frustrated from how bad this is. I feel ashamed telling them they will have a lot of fun during these events only to be given this shtako. Why are there so few spots for these Arkfalls to spawn? Thereís only 3 spots that spawn Arkfalls now? For the love of god why? Open up the spot to the right of overpass and the ones up in Mount Tam, Madera and Sausalito.

Another issue is the long waiting time after nightly server reset or maintenance. Its 3-5 hours for the first event major to spawn. Why canít we start the reset with these event? People come don't see anything and leave. There are a lot of people in different countries that play after the maintenance time and they get shafted with NO major Arkfalls.

The threat level needs raised during primetime ALOT more. These are lasting like maybe 3 minutes because everyone pounces on 1 Major because it the first one they have seen in HOURS. Threat level 11 might as well be threat level 1. There not very fun because they end so quickly. The rewards suck as far as Arkforge and keys.

The extreme lag and critting out has to be fixed. We have been telling you this for weeks and you wait for the event to hit before trying to fix it. I was pulling a dayís worth of items I bought but forgot to claim from the Exchange when we got hit by a wave of crits. I lost all the items I purchased, around 60m worth of stuff went POOF. I tried claiming them all at once, so that was my first mistake Iíll never make again.

Honestly I donít know why Iím even playing anymore with how bad things are going in Defiance. It's like watching a train wreck I just can't look away. If your looking to fix the latency and lag issues by driving people away your doing a spot on job of it. I know youíre working on the lag and crit issues, but turn on some freaking Arkfalls so we have something to do in the meantime.

A+ dephic well said, and yes this is the worst event so far

Johnny Gatt
06-29-2016, 06:44 PM
I can understand the reason for not turning off the normal major arkfalls during event. We need them to complete pursuits and contracts just as we need the event arkfall for the new guns and mods.

What I don't understand is why the hell bug major is spawning on overdrive. The dark matter and scrapper majors seem to be spawning at a normal rate. The hell bugs on the other hand pop up 2 or 3 at a time. When you clear them, hoping for an event major to drop, you get 3 more hell bug majors.

I am glad that some people can play at 1 am and get 8 event majors. I work 10 hour days 5 days a week. I can usually play between 4 pm and 9pm. This is the period when maybe, just maybe ONE major event arkfall will spawn. So, for me this event seems more uneventful than past events.

In addition to the low spawn rate, it is also more difficult to hop phases to find them. Fewer of my friends play this event as I am sure others have commented. When they are online, you get dc'd when you try to jump to them. The same goes for clanmates.

Octo
06-29-2016, 06:51 PM
[...]

http://i.imgur.com/X7T2Au6.gif

I can understand the reason for not turning off the normal major arkfalls during event. We need them to complete pursuits and contracts just as we need the event arkfall for the new guns and mods.

I'd rather have a one week event with only event arkfalls and skip one or two contracts instead of a boring 3 weeks event with one arkfall every 4 hours. :/

Claydough
06-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Its sad to say, but for these and other poor choices made resently, ive been sitting this event out altogether.

Its a shame to see pure neglect that this game is getting atm, you have been blessed with some really dedicated vet who have stuck through thick and thin, but even these guys are starting to move on.

Seip
06-29-2016, 08:07 PM
agreed is a total joke, i have played in 4 events now and this is bar far the worst spawn and dropp rate yet..

#TRIONFAIL

Gm`s/Devs pull ya fingers out ya but, get off of facebook and twitter,, and fix this broken event...

waiting for 2-3 hours for a major that is over in 5 mins is a TOTAL JOKE !

#TRIONFAIL

Sir Dan
06-29-2016, 08:13 PM
There's a big gap for improvement.
There's a small mind making decisions.
Wasting potential.

ALLAHU AKBAAR
06-29-2016, 08:26 PM
-Good idea-
-Synergy Top-
-Bad maintenance team-
-Event wast-

#TRIONFAIL

Nightmare390
06-29-2016, 08:42 PM
with all the money they got from ST boxes, you would think that they could get this working

Sevrin
06-29-2016, 09:15 PM
The dev team should take note of the folks who are making the posts here and other places in these forums about the lag and crits. Many are dedicated veterans who have stuck with this game for a long time. Some are clan leaders and founders. When these players are speaking up you all really should listen. I, personally, have been posting about these issues for weeks and have sent a pm to a dev team member warning about what would happen if these issues were not attended to. Never even received a response.

Tonight I crit out after about 20 minutes in game and can't get back in. No progress on any front that I can tell. This is not good. Not good at all.

ratpie
06-29-2016, 10:16 PM
blah blah blah... grumble grumble mumble, im going back to sleep.

fix it.

crazyged
06-29-2016, 11:19 PM
I found a great fix for the spawn rate - I stopped playing DF a good while ago.

Not sure what I'm doing on the forums still - habit, I guess!

Johnny Gatt
06-30-2016, 07:47 PM
I found a great fix for the spawn rate - I stopped playing DF a good while ago.

Not sure what I'm doing on the forums still - habit, I guess!

I am getting to that point myself. Even trying to ignore event and work on faction rep not helping. The constant dc's really starting to get to me.

llls1cKb0ylll
06-30-2016, 08:25 PM
zzzzzzZZZZZZ zzzzzzZZZZZZZZ
worst event ever...

last year at least the stability and spawn rate was better even tho we got converters everywhere

Antony Harrist
06-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Well just got my daily done, only been on for 6 hrs :(

Demonsweat
06-30-2016, 09:41 PM
And the servers are down again...

crazyged
06-30-2016, 11:33 PM
And the servers are down again...

Even worse - Uplay's down too - nooooooooo!

hercamo
07-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Agree 110%, so far this "event" has been wholly underwhelming... I have yet to see a major in the past four days. I'm not wasting anymore of my time.

kane93
07-01-2016, 02:31 AM
Drops are rubbish, endless rebels, it's rare to see a mod drop. And I keep getting Malicious Guided Launchers, useless...

yumiyuna
07-01-2016, 04:53 AM
worst event ever. dont know why i come online?

only finde 2 max 3 mm major in 2hourse, this sh it realy sucks

Ghost 6269
07-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Agree 110% This is ONE BIG BUG ! :mad::mad::mad:

Johnny Dbag
07-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Yup this event is garbage. How about a word from a dev that they are listening to all the complaints? Something like "Hey arkhunters we see and understand all the complaints. We are working on restructuring the event to make is worth participating in." Then followed by a few things they are working on. These are not the normal drop rate complaints of events, these are comaints that are directly related to the unplayability of the event and the lack of desire to play it. What gives? Are we being heard or just wasting time in the event and posting about it? If they are going to ask for constructive input the least they could do is listen to us.

Yiazzy
07-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Actually, they already spawn in Mount Tam and Madera. Also done one in Marin.

I also happen to be a newer player, and I'm enjoying myself immensely if you must know. However, I've started referring to this event as Midsummer Bluetiny due to the excessive T3 rewards in being graced with!

DEPHIC
07-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Yup this event is garbage. How about a word from a dev that they are listening to all the complaints? Something like "Hey arkhunters we see and understand all the complaints. We are working on restructuring the event to make is worth participating in." Then followed by a few things they are working on. These are not the normal drop rate complaints of events, these are comaints that are directly related to the unplayability of the event and the lack of desire to play it. What gives? Are we being heard or just wasting time in the event and posting about it? If they are going to ask for constructive input the least they could do is listen to us.

They ignored us until HH came around to apologies for the last Midsummer Major Letdown. I don't think they realize how much a few simple sentences from them in these posts helps. Keeping us informed and updated is as important as the work that is done behind the scenes that we cant see.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
07-01-2016, 06:19 PM
This event has saved me a bunch of cash. Not being able to stay connected, or when I do connect if I happen to be lucky enough to connect I get to see the end of the ark fall when the beams go up then get dc'd. No rewards,no pursuit added just get shafted with dc's.

It would be nice if patron pass was actually counted by actual playing time like the boosts are. I wouldn't be so pissed off that I can't take advantage of the benefits as I have a job and can't play in the middle of the night or early afternoon.

Oh yeah....THANKS FOR THE FRIEND/CLAN LIST GLITCH. Yet another way to stick it in dry. About ready to hang up the jersey.

heartbreak_courier
07-01-2016, 06:48 PM
I've been pretty disappointed so far. Again, I can't tell if it's just because of my computer, but when I was able to jump into a major arkfall, all the other players were phased out visually. Makes it really hard to coordinate and just plain have fun with the people around me when the only player I can see in the arkfall is myself. This has been going on forever and these events are when the most people see the game.

I really wish there was a cap on the amount of players we can see in a phase instead of everyone being removed wholesale.

DEATHBRINGER210
07-01-2016, 06:52 PM
I've been pretty disappointed so far. Again, I can't tell if it's just because of my computer, but when I was able to jump into a major arkfall, all the other players were phased out visually. Makes it really hard to coordinate and just plain have fun with the people around me when the only player I can see in the arkfall is myself. This has been going on forever and these events are when the most people see the game.

I really wish there was a cap on the amount of players we can see in a phase instead of everyone being removed wholesale.

its was like that on the live stream playdate

DEPHIC
07-01-2016, 11:49 PM
its was like that on the live stream playdate

I was there with my lvl 200 toon getting dc'd with half the people in the server. Glad the 2 to 3 emergency downtime's per day really fixed everything.

PithHelmetIrath
07-02-2016, 09:36 AM

Coming from a console peasant Defiance player, I wouldn't go blaming your PC..

DEPHIC
07-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Spawn rates I think were set to minimal this weekend as the devs don't want to deal with it. Hours between majors and when ya find one the shard crashes.

Cassiopia
07-03-2016, 11:51 PM
I have been on almost 4 hours today, did 10 minors, plus clearing every shill and grid minor, the map has been cleared 3 times. No event majors yet.

Is it any wonder that people are leaving in droves???

The worst part is that the dev's just ignore the forum comments. We cleared the map Kiwi, I know it is not peak time atm but I live in Australia, expecting me to play between 2-4am is unreasonable.

Can we get a comment from the dev's please????

Edit: And now another hellbug major has spawned.........ffs

llls1cKb0ylll
07-04-2016, 12:15 AM
zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-04/29/2/enhanced/webdr01/anigif_enhanced-15232-1430287245-2.gif

Jack Robo
07-04-2016, 12:21 AM
Well last night I hit about 30 in 2 hours so win!

llls1cKb0ylll
07-04-2016, 12:29 AM

yea last night spawn rate was decent till bout 3hs before restart
today been shtako, again....

DEPHIC
07-04-2016, 02:13 AM
About as stimulating as this event so far, maybe more so:
http://i.imgur.com/ViTUKys.gif

Fallen_Aingeal
07-04-2016, 02:22 AM
I have been on almost 4 hours today, did 10 minors, plus clearing every shill and grid minor, the map has been cleared 3 times. No event majors yet.

Is it any wonder that people are leaving in droves???

The worst part is that the dev's just ignore the forum comments. We cleared the map Kiwi, I know it is not peak time atm but I live in Australia, expecting me to play between 2-4am is unreasonable.

Can we get a comment from the dev's please????

Edit: And now another hellbug major has spawned.........ffs

You won't get a reply until Tuesday. The big holiday here, ya know...

Cassiopia
07-04-2016, 03:19 AM
Of course, Happy Independence Day America.

However to be honest I still didn't think they would respond to our posts as I do not believe they care at all.

I do know they happily take my money thou!

Call me a very unhappy customer!!!!!!!!!

DEPHIC
07-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Of course, Happy Independence Day America.

However to be honest I still didn't think they would respond to our posts as I do not believe they care at all.

I do know they happily take my money thou!

Call me a very unhappy customer!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately their lack of response in addressing this or fixing the issue just shows us they don't care. You can tell us 1000 time you do, but your actions show you don't.

panda41768
07-04-2016, 10:54 AM
This event is the worst one yet

Hunter0
07-04-2016, 01:50 PM

I'm not sure if i should cringe or face-palm :confused: !

clubside
07-04-2016, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure if i should cringe or face-palm :confused: !

Yeah, I haven't seen 30 TOTAL across four active characters on three different platforms.

WhoCritical
07-21-2016, 02:22 AM
Dephic your PM is disabled. Can't send you screenies