PDA

View Full Version : Players Just Standing Around Waiting on an MM Major

clubside
07-03-2016, 10:40 AM
So another day, another account won't get to complete the Daily. What's most surprising is this is PC NA where I've never had a problem before. I have clanmates plus an additional computer and account so I can be in two shards at once. Here's a few people waiting at the Water Temple:

http://hulkercafe.com/bugs/standing-around/03.jpg

There were a bunch more earlier but I guess they gave up. It's been an hour since a few dozen failed to finish off the Monolith in time:

http://hulkercafe.com/bugs/standing-around/01.jpg
http://hulkercafe.com/bugs/standing-around/02.jpg

As usual we have the broken Threat Levels in Silicon Valley to blame for that one. Since then, not a single major on the map.

Meanwhile on another shard there were three majors, all got cleared, now nothing.

Going on three hours without an MM major.

THIS IS A DAILY CONTRACT.

It's not a weekly like having seven days to hit three different kinds of majors. It's limited time and they are not spawning. When a contract is involved THERE SHOULD BE NO RANDOMNESS. Every hour on the hour, there should be a Midsummer Mutiny Major on EVERY shard on EVERY server on EVERY platform.

Currently there are no Major Arkfalls of any kind on two different PC NA shards. It's been over 15 minutes since there was one on either.

PithHelmetIrath
07-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Looking like it's going to be another one of these weekends in Paradise..

http://i.imgur.com/sWNFhud.gif

missmar
07-03-2016, 10:52 AM
a guaranteed JP meant not so many people were going to make alts and bots

now your grind is a gamble... not really fun

clubside
07-03-2016, 11:28 AM
So I got the Major just in time:

http://hulkercafe.com/bugs/standing-around/04.jpg
http://hulkercafe.com/bugs/standing-around/05.jpg
http://hulkercafe.com/bugs/standing-around/06.jpg

And my fabulous rewards:

http://hulkercafe.com/bugs/standing-around/07.jpg

I can only imagine how many unlucky people didn't get their Daily in. On the second shard one still hadn't appeared. And now for another day.

Altras
07-03-2016, 11:31 AM
You'll notice too how a lot of players just head to where the finally is going to be and skip the ark nodes.

MotokoKusanagi
07-03-2016, 11:52 AM
You'll notice too how a lot of players just head to where the finally is going to be and skip the ark nodes.

Kind of understandable since most of the ones that get there clear it out in a minute or two. So why bother spawning your car, driving to the destination only to find that it's been cleared, re-spawning your car and then driving again to the next one only to find yet again that it's been cleared, if you can just head to the main one and have a better chance of shooting at something and getting a score?

Yiazzy
07-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Kind of understandable since most of the ones that get there clear it out in a minute or two. So why bother spawning your car, driving to the destination only to find that it's been cleared, re-spawning your car and then driving again to the next one only to find yet again that it's been cleared, if you can just head to the main one and have a better chance of shooting at something and getting a score?

Because when those of us who do bother to clear the nodes for you get to the final, we don't want to be bumrushed by 10 Bulwarks that the few of you couldn't handle.

MotokoKusanagi
07-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Because when those of us who do bother to clear the nodes for you get to the final, we don't want to be bumrushed by 10 Bulwarks that the few of you couldn't handle.

Probably, but that's the reason why the ignorant masses still do so. And if it's of any consolation, they'd aggro the enemies before they get to you so you guys can do your job of clearing out. Plus, you're all seasoned ark hunters right? "6K-in-my-day" with OP weapons and ungodly PvP/E skills and all of that? So 11 Bulwarks shouldn't be a problem, let alone 10 :p

Yiazzy
07-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Probably, but that's the reason why the ignorant masses still do so. And if it's of any consolation, they'd aggro the enemies before they get to you so you guys can do your job of clearing out. Plus, you're all seasoned ark hunters right? "6K-in-my-day" with OP weapons and ungodly PvP/E skills and all of that? So 11 Bulwarks shouldn't be a problem, let alone 10 :p

Nope, I'm an EGO 3987 player who started a month ago rocking OJ AR and Auto Lobber from this event. Only way I survive in these situations is to crit shot bulwarks with the Lobber so they kneel, and use the 3rd Synergy perk to draw their fire when they stand back up. Nothing OP about me lol

MotokoKusanagi
07-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Nope, I'm an EGO 3987 player who started a month ago rocking OJ AR and Auto Lobber from this event. Only way I survive in these situations is to crit shot bulwarks with the Lobber so they kneel, and use the 3rd Synergy perk to draw their fire when they stand back up. Nothing OP about me lol

At least you know what to do lol You'd be surprised that there are those with higher ego who literally just stand around either 'cause they're afk or just dont care :D

Yiazzy
07-03-2016, 01:58 PM
At least you know what to do lol You'd be surprised that there are those with higher ego who literally just stand around either 'cause they're afk or just dont care :D

Well...It's not exactly hard to figure out lol
Had that the other day to be fair, at a Major in Madera. Quite a few weren't doing anything, and most of us ended up being swarmed so hard that the entire centre of the area was filled with Bulwarks and Enforcers. It was insane, but fun.

I'd feel ashamed if I was stood around at EGO 6000 with OP Jackpot weapons not doing anything to help lol

Hunter0
07-03-2016, 02:10 PM
I'd feel ashamed if I was stood around at EGO 6000 with OP Jackpot weapons not doing anything to help lol

There are reasons why people just stand around the corner and do nothing. But the most important ones are the following: Lag is ridiculously bad, latency gets on the nerves and drops don't worth the effort nor time.

Trion is the main reason if you ask me...! So new people like you may not know what has been happening in the past 3 years.

Yiazzy
07-03-2016, 02:13 PM
There are reasons why people just stand around the corner and do nothing. But the most important ones are the following: Lag is ridiculously bad, latency gets on the nerves and drops don't worth the effort nor time.

Trion is the main reason if you ask me...! So new people like you may not know what has been happening in the past 3 years.

So these players feel that the best way to get Trion to do something is to ruin everyone else's experience? Sounds pretty selfish to me.

Personally, if I get annoyed at the performance of a game, or the lack of drops etc etc, I think to myself, "But isn't it nice that I can play this game, and that the developers have put thousands of hours into this" and I get over it. But that's just me, personally. So I don't understand why some people get so worked up.

Infinity Eagle
07-03-2016, 02:17 PM
I just wish I could get in game, it has been broken for some of us since the patch last Wednesday.

Hunter0
07-03-2016, 02:19 PM
So these players feel that the best way to get Trion to do something is to ruin everyone else's experience? Sounds pretty selfish to me.

How do they ruin your game play ?

There are times when there are no many people online so it takes longer to finish an Arkfall.

clubside
07-03-2016, 04:51 PM

Didn't have any of those at today's Xbox 360 NA MM Major, a mostly empty shard so there were only 6 of us, including my fabulous 1600 EGO Minstrel Bambi and her trusty Courier lobbing into the mobs, throwing out the Decoy and RUN AWAY lol

Was worried we wouldn't finish it, I'm used to a hundred or so busting them in the matter of minutes. The lone 6000 did most of the work for sure but I got in plenty of licks lol

Fallen_Aingeal
07-03-2016, 07:58 PM
On PS3, the main reason several of us wait until the end is becomes it lessens the chance of the inevitable dc.

Nothing worse than waiting hours for an EVENT AF, than to dc during it and not get credit...

Because exchange...

Smokey Black
07-03-2016, 08:03 PM
On PS3, the main reason several of us wait until the end is becomes it lessens the chance of the inevitable dc.

Nothing worse than waiting hours for an EVENT AF, than to dc during it and not get credit...

Because exchange...

don't talk about the exchange like that.. I've almost been kicked off the game for criticizing it.

Fallen_Aingeal
07-03-2016, 08:30 PM
don't talk about the exchange like that.. I've almost been kicked off the game for criticizing it.

The concept of the exchange is a good one.

However, it makes the game perilously unstable.

This was mentioned several times in these forums and really needed to be addressed before a major event launched.

Add the excessive lag to an event that hardly spawns any activity, leads to a very disgruntled player base.

We were assured that the team "cares deeply" about the game. I guess, I just don't see it. Or, my definition differs greatly from theirs. Believe me, I know that I'll get another action towards me for simply stating the truthful obviousness. But, where is the line drawn?

I was excited about this event, because the team acknowledged our disappointment about the previous ones. I honestly believed the sincerity that they expressed in assuring us that this would be run much different. And, it has launched worse.

How do you call it an event, when 90% of the major arkfalls that fall are non-event related? I won't even discuss the "working" rng.

The event has been soured because of terrible servers and lack of event content. The worst part of it, today, I know absolutely nothing will be done until at least Tuesday because of the holiday...

Sorry for the wall, but needed to get it off my chest...

Smokey Black
07-03-2016, 09:14 PM
1ove. /10 sillly clowns

Ea Rapture
07-04-2016, 12:28 AM
I stand at event arkfalls doing nothing sometimes.

Reasons: Fed up for the day so I figure "why try?"
Talking to one, or several people and would rather have a nice discussion with them, instead of putting in work for rubbish rewards.
I don't feel like putting in the time as the rewards are almost always T3s.
I don't really care for the syn and would rather put in my lotto ticket for a JP I won't receive so I can sell/ trade for something I actually want.

VIC757
07-04-2016, 02:46 AM
I love it when 2 month "vets" try to tell us how it is. Play through multiple seasons of let downs, lackluster events, and obvious cash grabs with little to no improvements to stability. Then try to play dlc content, if you've even bothered to spend real $ trying to support this game, only to realize that it's been broken for years without any real fix from the devs. I love this game, too. But it's not all sunshine and rainbows here in defiance.

Yiazzy
07-04-2016, 03:20 AM
I love it when 2 month "vets" try to tell us how it is. Play through multiple seasons of let downs, lackluster events, and obvious cash grabs with little to no improvements to stability. Then try to play dlc content, if you've even bothered to spend real $ trying to support this game, only to realize that it's been broken for years without any real fix from the devs. I love this game, too. But it's not all sunshine and rainbows here in defiance.

I love it when 3 year old "Experts" think their opinion is the only right one. I mentioned MY experience from what I'VE seen and done.

And I will have whatever positive attitude I want about the game. A bunch of disgruntled gamers really doesn't bother me.

Draigon
07-04-2016, 03:28 AM

Defiance has been broken since beta...and not 'oh, it's beta, there's just a few kinks to work out'... I'm talking images, sound files completely MIA, no open areas past the northwest of the map, one, maybe two good co-op crawls, and PvP way too unbalanced to function...that was all in the last closed beta session preceding launch. Literally, commercial launch was the day after that beta week ended. A launch so bad, Trion actually had to publicly apologize to the people who bought the game, and give them free ingame stuff to keep them in game. Fast forward 3-4 years and here we are, not much has changed. As a game, defiance isn't a let down due to subpar gameplay and lack of potential...it's a letdown because it has so much potential, most of it untapped and unlikely to be.

Bentu
07-04-2016, 04:55 AM
I love it when 3 year old "Experts" think their opinion is the only right one. I mentioned MY experience from what I'VE seen and done.

And I will have whatever positive attitude I want about the game. A bunch of disgruntled gamers really doesn't bother me.

You see the clan Notorious belongs to in his sig, Dawn Patrol, several years ago I'd say they were the most avid supporters of the game here on the forums.
It wasn't a huge clan but numbered somewhere around 25 to 30 members at their hight and nearly all were like yourself very pro the game.
Now I'd say there's about 3 members left who play playing regularly, all the others have moved on due to issues in the game and broken past promises.
I also was a member of Dawn Patrol but not a day one player and also shouted from the roof tops how good this game is and still do when things are running good but I'm sorry to say it's been a long long time since I've been able to do that.

Something else I'll say and you need to understand this and that's everyone else you see posting on these forums feels very passionately about this game and any derogatory comments made about the game are born from shear frustration at Trions short comings in dealing with the issues that the game has.

One last thing, I could name maybe a dozen or more forumites like yourself who have come and gone, many still here from time to time who felt exactly the same as you but have had enough of broken promises and a lack lustre service.

I'll more than likely receive yet another infraction for saying that but it needs to be said.

Yiazzy
07-04-2016, 05:49 AM
Broken promises and lacklustre service is still better than nothing. I'm actually glad their are disconnects at times. Gives me the incentive to turn off my console and actually do something else.

Wurm
07-04-2016, 06:00 AM
Broken promises and lacklustre service is still better than nothing.

No it is not, I sure hope you aren't female and married to an abusive husband. Because it really is the same thing.

Yiazzy
07-04-2016, 06:18 AM
No it is not, I sure hope you aren't female and married to an abusive husband. Because it really is the same thing.

That's a ridiculous comparison lol. Don't take the game too seriously, it's just a game at the end of the day.

Shmee
07-04-2016, 06:35 AM
Back on to the OP's topic - there's a bunch of us would love to be standing around waiting for MM majors and the like but we haven't been able to log in since the patch.

And, the people who could fix it for us decided to have the weekend off without doing anything about our inability to log in. The very least they could've done was roll back the patch before scarpering for a few days.

Bentu
07-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Broken promises and lacklustre service is still better than nothing. I'm actually glad their are disconnects at times. Gives me the incentive to turn off my console and actually do something else.

Now you see that is actually where you are wrong, I don't know if you do but I know many players that purchase the patron pass and support the game by buying bits store boxes and the like and that does entitle them to be able to play the game they're actually supporting.
Hopefully sooner rather than later Trion will do what is needed to make this game the pearl it deserves to be rather than the annoying piece of grit the oyster coats.

Yiazzy
07-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Now you see that is actually where you are wrong, I don't know if you do but I know many players that purchase the patron pass and support the game by buying bits store boxes and the like and that does entitle them to be able to play the game they're actually supporting.
Hopefully sooner rather than later Trion will do what is needed to make this game the pearl it deserves to be rather than the annoying piece of grit the oyster coats.

No, it's not where I'm wrong, and I'll tell you why. Nobody forced them to buy patron passes or bits, that's entirely their own choice. It's the same as any other game with an f2p model (Warframe, World of Tanks, Neverwinter, Smite etc) at no point are you forced to spend a penny on anything, and doing so certainly doesn't give anyone the right to demand immediate fixes, or the devs giving up their holiday.

Infinity Eagle
07-04-2016, 08:44 AM
No, it's not where I'm wrong, and I'll tell you why. Nobody forced them to buy patron passes or bits, that's entirely their own choice. It's the same as any other game with an f2p model (Warframe, World of Tanks, Neverwinter, Smite etc) at no point are you forced to spend a penny on anything, and doing so certainly doesn't give anyone the right to demand immediate fixes, or the devs giving up their holiday.

But if nobody spends any money on this game then the servers will shut down. So they should give up their holiday to fix the game, or sooner or later nobody will spend money on it, and the servers shut down.

DEPHIC
07-04-2016, 09:39 AM

Without people buying patrons or spending money this game would be shut down. When I spend money on a product I expect timely service and support. I've worked in the tech industry for 20 years and your end customers should come first over going home at 5pm or taking a weekend off for a holiday. That's just common business sense. I expect timely and informative updates on issues that affect me. Without this we have no idea if they are even seeing the issues or working to resolve them. Several times in the past they have been asked on issues and there response was "oh we didn't know about that", or "is that still happening". The standard no response lets ignore the issue until we feel like it isn't cutting it. I don't feel like I am entitled to an immediate fix, but I do feel I am entitled to timely updates on the issue and the progress to resolve it. We gave them a year to fix some Warmaster issues, and they just ignored it and won't update us if they are even working on it. Seems every few patches there's a new bug in WM that gets added to the list and never addressed.

Yiazzy
07-04-2016, 11:08 AM
sooner or later nobody will spend money on it, and the servers shut down.

No, we won't get anymore updates. They might shut down a year or so after that, but not immediately. People seem to think it's their money that make f2p model games keep running, it's not. Their money funds new updates/content. It's the same for them all.

But personally, I think we should agree to disagree.

Bentu
07-04-2016, 11:14 AM

Your logic is flawed, if it wasn't for people supporting the game now it wouldn't be online end of story, agreed we don't have to buy the patron pass and in game goodies but if we don't the company doesn't make a profit and shelves the game.

Yiazzy
07-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Your logic is flawed, if it wasn't for people supporting the game now it wouldn't be online end of story, agreed we don't have to buy the patron pass and in game goodies but if we don't the company doesn't make a profit and shelves the game.

I disagree with you. But like I said to Infinity Eagle and Dephic, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Infinity Eagle
07-04-2016, 11:40 AM
No, we won't get anymore updates. They might shut down a year or so after that, but not immediately. People seem to think it's their money that make f2p model games keep running, it's not. Their money funds new updates/content. It's the same for them all.

But personally, I think we should agree to disagree.

Where I live if you can not pay the power bill they shut off the power. Same can be said with this game once not enough people, pay enough money to keep the lights on, the server goes dark.

Shmee
07-04-2016, 02:50 PM
I really like this game despite its many bugs - is it wrong for me to simply want to be able to log in and play it?

Antinous
07-05-2016, 07:57 AM
You can't be serious. Seriously, you,d not be pissed off if you bought something, got it home and it was unusable?
When a business sells something it is their obligation to make sure hat product is usable. It makes NO difference if it is a television, a car, or a DLC for an online game. The current state of this game makes their products (dlc's, patron pass etc.} UNUSABLE and Trion should be held accountable.
The players (customers) you are bad mouthing have proven their loyalty to Defiance with their time played and their purchases and it is high time for Trion to show their loyalty to players with immediate fixes instead of empty promises.

Yiazzy
07-05-2016, 09:48 AM
You can't be serious. Seriously, you,d not be pissed off if you bought something, got it home and it was unusable?
When a business sells something it is their obligation to make sure hat product is usable. It makes NO difference if it is a television, a car, or a DLC for an online game. The current state of this game makes their products (dlc's, patron pass etc.} UNUSABLE and Trion should be held accountable.
The players (customers) you are bad mouthing have proven their loyalty to Defiance with their time played and their purchases and it is high time for Trion to show their loyalty to players with immediate fixes instead of empty promises.

Bad mouthing....lol ok. Same applies that I said to the other three

Cobra Crusher
07-05-2016, 10:51 AM
People are just lazy and want to stand at the final then blame it on fear of criting. You're no more likely to crit driving around than standing there whether your in the middle of the circle, outer circle, on a rock, in a tree or wherever. I have crit driving, standing, walking, running, crouching, dancing, taunting, jumping, shooting so it doesn't matter where you are or what your doing. Criting is going to happen. Now quit being lazy and clear those arkfalls!

Gaige12
07-05-2016, 10:56 AM
That's what the labor force is for. :)

#MMlazyonme2coresleft