PDA

View Full Version : Crafting of some description? A use for arkfall resources?

Kriegson
04-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Noticing two things currently. The salvaging panel seems to be minimally functional, and the resources gained from salvaging weapons seem to only be useful for purchasing key codes.
My hope is that this is due to crafting not yet having been implemented, that being said one wonders exactly what kind of "precision" we should be allowed if we do get crafting in regards to what we make.

For instance, do you think borderlands would be half the game it was if you could simply craft the type of weapons you wanted? Killing enemies and tossing back a truckload of guns for that one that you love (until the next) is a good chunk of the fun itself. Getting new and exciting weapons and fooling about with them.

On the other hand though, I would LOVE the ability to make mods and mod slots. You can already purchase what would seem to be all of the base level mods in a few locations (or at least iron demon ranch) and it would make sense logically (I scrap weapons to build components, not entirely new weapons) as well as help give some incentive to mod up your favorite guns.

Thoughts?

alienoid
04-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Noticing two things currently. The salvaging panel seems to be minimally functional, and the resources gained from salvaging weapons seem to only be useful for purchasing key codes.

Actually, that's wrong.
Matrix is fully functional and ressources are mainly used to add weapon slots and mods.

knightblaster
04-07-2013, 05:26 AM
My hope is that this is due to crafting not yet having been implemented, that being said one wonders exactly what kind of "precision" we should be allowed if we do get crafting in regards to what we make.

For instance, do you think borderlands would be half the game it was if you could simply craft the type of weapons you wanted? Killing enemies and tossing back a truckload of guns for that one that you love (until the next) is a good chunk of the fun itself. Getting new and exciting weapons and fooling about with them.

On the other hand though, I would LOVE the ability to make mods and mod slots. You can already purchase what would seem to be all of the base level mods in a few locations (or at least iron demon ranch) and it would make sense logically (I scrap weapons to build components, not entirely new weapons) as well as help give some incentive to mod up your favorite guns.

Thoughts?

The resources (salvage) is used for (1) creating new mod slots on weapons and (2) installing/removing mods. You can also break down equipment to give yourself more salvage.