PDA

View Full Version : can mods be removed from weapons?

wrappy
04-07-2013, 05:40 AM
for some stupid reason I put a site on my shotgun(votter?). is there a way to remove mods?

darky89
04-07-2013, 06:14 AM
As far as I can see, there isn't... and if there is it's not obvious. I too want to remove a sight... and just assumed you'd be able to remove mods. It's pretty crazy if you can't, and something that should be added asap.

[Edit] You can. It just can't be equipped. You need to equip a different weapon!

Blueknight345
04-07-2013, 06:30 AM
I am having trouble with some of the mods in general, like I have some that are for a AR but then I can't attach it to the gun. And I put a site on one of my Shotguns but I can't tell a difference after attaching it.

Turkeyman07
04-07-2013, 06:47 AM
you can remove mods but its a painful process, i had to figure it out for myself. un-equip the weapon you want to mod then choose it from your list in the mod section and choose un-equip mods. i think thats how its done, id have to be looking at it to tell you, just lpay around with it, youll get it figured out, i did. just make sure the weapon isnt equipped first

Bunyan
04-07-2013, 07:03 AM
You have to choose what you want though, removing mods destroys the weapon, but you can also save the weapon, which in return destroys the mods. Like the above says, make sure it is unequipped to add mod slots or to remove anything from it.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-07-2013, 07:27 AM
I am having trouble with some of the mods in general, like I have some that are for a AR but then I can't attach it to the gun. And I put a site on one of my Shotguns but I can't tell a difference after attaching it.

There are 4 slots for each gun. Magazine, Barrel, Stock and sight. Check your AR, some of those slots will simply be a dash, meaning that slot isn't currently available. If the slot has a sketch of the mod with a black background it means the slot is available for that weapon, but no mod is equipped, if the background is white, that means a mod is in that slot.

You can add a mod slot to any weapon you want. Unequip your weapon, and then go to salvage matrix and select the weapon you want to mod. You will see an option to "add mod slot", select that. It will cost you ark salvage to add a slot, the more slots you already have available on that weapon, the more the cost. The slot that is added is random, so it can be a bit of a gamble at times. Once you have the slot added, you can then add the mod to that weapon as long as it's for the same slot you unlocked.

For the most part, the difference that mods make is minor so it can be hard to notice. I personally like to play with damage amounts on (this option is in the settings) so I know how much I'm doing... This is a good way to keep track of the difference mods/perks make for a weapon.

wrappy
04-07-2013, 07:56 AM
as far as modding... what he said ^^, one thing I didn't notice at first is once you equip the mod there is a button at the bottom that says start or start process. you must click that for the mod to take.

thanks for the responses for how to un-mod, i'll have to play around w/ it.

@blueknight, are you the bk from starhawk?

kingkiller
04-07-2013, 08:02 AM
i'm following your direction but, when i select "add mod slot" it only breings up the stock mod which is already on the gun, i currently have 5 other mods in my inventory and 2600 ark salvage but i cant seem to get this stupid add mod thing to work

Fuzzy Skinner
04-07-2013, 08:11 AM
sure you're not selecting "add mod" and not "add slot"?
There might be a ego requirement to get the "add slot" option, I'm not 100% sure. Any one know?

Bunyan
04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
I don't think there is an ego req. but you cant add a slot on an equipped weapon. You CAN add mods to an equipped weapon but only mods. Is the number to make a new slot in red? That means you don't have enough salvage. Break down as many guns as you can to make salvage, because later on you will need it. I have a sniper rifle right now that costs 18,000 for the next slot. When you put a slot on a weapon, it takes 10 minutes to complete.

Blueknight345
04-08-2013, 04:21 AM
as far as modding... what he said ^^, one thing I didn't notice at first is once you equip the mod there is a button at the bottom that says start or start process. you must click that for the mod to take.

thanks for the responses for how to un-mod, i'll have to play around w/ it.

@blueknight, are you the bk from starhawk?

Yep what's up wrappy, and thanks for the helpful tips everyone.

Hanzo_the_Razor
04-08-2013, 05:50 AM
need a high enough ego rating to get the remove mod feature. I beleive, I'm not quite there yet.