PDA

View Full Version : I think I need a stronger tin foil hat

Ryu Soba JP
07-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Or an underground bunker lined in tin foil. Two weeks, four toons, no jackpot. Grinding for at least 10-12 hours a day doing arkfalls and all I have to show for it are an abundance of Epic Rocket launcher mods, blue mods and 2 mediocre Legendary guns (Pulsar and a shotgun). A couple friends I game with also have had horrible "rng" however I've seen a handful of players (always the same ones too) with multiple Jackpot drops during the Major Arkfalls. Some even back to back.

So please tell me how gamers who put in hours upon hours during an event get little to nothing to show for their effort but then see the same players repeatedly getting the best drops, not think the rng is broken or favorited towards certain players?

And it's not just the event arkfalls. A few of us have been trying repeatedly to obtain the "jackpot" weapons from Silicon Valley and nothing. Yet a couple players have already pulled multiples.
I know rng is supposed to be random and maybe that's how it works for PC gamers but I'm not the only one who repeatedly says that console rng is rigged or broken.

This event has been the most discouraging and with all the latency, critical errors and other issues it's making a lot of players not wanting to play at all. I'm online right now and trying to stay optimistic but I know other players see it too and may even feel the same as I do. I hope that you Trion start watching more closly to how your rng works on console (ps3) even if it means logging in game and sitting back and seeing it for yourself.

Edit: No, I don't expect the best weapons to be handed to me but I do expect my time and effort to be rewarded more reasonably. I filled my xp bar on two 6000 ego toons and got a purple sniper on 1 and a blue gun on the other. Such a let down. :/

mystickaldj
07-08-2016, 10:29 PM
1000000% agree

Ea Rapture
07-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Praise the sun!

kettlecooked
07-09-2016, 12:24 AM
git gud...wait wut?

Lamar Kendrick
07-09-2016, 02:19 AM
logs on

plays spotify on high volume

hopes a good drop comes

sometimes idk why aim for 1st place if i'll just get blues (placed 1st 3x today)

OneBadClown
07-09-2016, 02:27 AM
Amen & pass the collection plate!

Ea Rapture
07-09-2016, 02:58 AM
logs on

hopes a good drop comes

sometimes idk why aim for 1st place if i'll just get blues (placed 1st 3x today)

I was blasting Thank You the other day. Lol

Bentu
07-09-2016, 03:16 AM
Many people are leaving because of these issues and yet nothing will be done.

Johnny Stranger
07-09-2016, 04:47 AM
logs on

hopes a good drop comes

I don't even try anymore lol ....sometimes I just shoot a few things , turn the tv on . check back in 10 minutes...lol

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 04:50 AM
Trion's just waiting for the next wave of new players to replace the exiting vets that are leaving. Sell them a broken product, and repeat! Smh

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 05:03 AM
I don't even try anymore lol ....sometimes I just shoot a few things , turn the tv on . check back in 10 minutes...lol

Lol I've been doing the same. Show up at the final, unload a mag than camp out.

Johnny Gatt
07-09-2016, 05:36 AM
If your inventory is full when a major ends are you still able to pull a jackpot? If not, why? If drop is 'random' how does rng know that your inventory is full. If rng is able to detect players inventory volume and decides who is eligible for jackpot drop is it still considered 'random' ?

If I am mistaken in assumption that jps do not drop with full inventory please correct.

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 05:42 AM
^Yes I'd like to know this as well^

Johnny Stranger
07-09-2016, 06:00 AM
I don't know about this one but I've gotten jackpots with full inventory before . If rng can figure this out than it is corrupt and can be manipulated .

Shtank
07-09-2016, 06:00 AM
I'm fascinated by the guy who starts a complaint thread (different thread, not this one) in which he states he usually pulls 4-5 JPs per event... though I've had better luck lately (not this event), I've never come close to 2 JPs in an event, and only pulled 2 JPs total before the solstice at 6000 ego. Four to Five JPs per event and complains about the drops, and he's not alone in his glory... how many of us pull JS not JPs and don't start complaint threads?... RNG my arse

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 06:10 AM
I don't know about this one but I've gotten jackpots with full inventory before . If rng can figure this out than it is corrupt and can be manipulated .

I think your right. I do remember pulling the few JP's I have gotten from full inventory out of my claims. Been playing the full inventory during events for some time now. Just got sick of micro managing 70 inventory during events. Don't have enough time as it is, so maximizing AF time is crucial.

Johnny Stranger
07-09-2016, 06:20 AM
I think your right. I do remember pulling the few JP's I have gotten from full inventory out of my claims. Been playing the full inventory during events for some time now. Just got sick of micro managing 70 inventory during events. Don't have enough time as it is, so maximizing AF time is crucial.

I just like having all mods in claims , makes it so much easier to mod guns on 6 different toons without having to rely on a friend to transfer etc . I am still waiting for them to implement a system where we can store a few things , log out , log in on diff toon , get those few things . Relying on friends is bs imho ... I hate bothering people ..

How's the new bambino ? :)

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 06:39 AM
I have to agree with you, it's alot easier to store and sort later. I hear you on having to use friends to transfer items. Sure you can do it but it's still a pain! The Lil guy is doing great. He does like to sleep the day away and party all night though, lol

Lamar Kendrick
07-09-2016, 07:20 AM
If your inventory is full when a major ends are you still able to pull a jackpot? If not, why? If drop is 'random' how does rng know that your inventory is full. If rng is able to detect players inventory volume and decides who is eligible for jackpot drop is it still considered 'random' ?

If I am mistaken in assumption that jps do not drop with full inventory please correct.

still random full inventory or not

all my toons are full during events and i still get jps. i just view my system tab to find out which i got. got freedom from day 3 with a full inventory on lamar. i claim it on my mod storage for easy modding and ask friends or clannies to transfer it to a toon i need it on

Johnny Dbag
07-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Hows this for "rng"? Been grinding two toons this event. So far i have pulled 5 ojs. 3 nanoless redlocked pistols and two electric snipers between the two toons. Random....?

The Lady
07-09-2016, 07:58 AM
I believe these JPs ya'll talk about are myths created by people who just want to sell over price guns. In three years I have received two reckonings, and the only event JP I got from doing arkfalls was a Tombstone. Only other JPs I have gotten were the non tradable ones they handed to us, and a Cupids Arrow that was giving to me. I have giving up on RNG, it odds are never in my favor, and I haven't learned the correct chats and sacrifices to do in order to make it happy. I have a really short attention span and doing arkfall after arkfall just drives me nuts. Besides even if I find a gun I like to use, give them a month and they will nerf it and come out with something better.

Johnny Stranger
07-09-2016, 08:42 AM
no jp's here either....received a few oj's , 2 snipers, 1 lobber and a 1900 ego syphon ar ....

Johnny Stranger
07-09-2016, 08:44 AM
I have to agree with you, it's alot easier to store and sort later. I hear you on having to use friends to transfer items. Sure you can do it but it's still a pain! The Lil guy is doing great. He does like to sleep the day away and party all night though, lol

probably takes after you eh ?

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Lol in my youth...

Keziah
07-09-2016, 08:58 AM

A few days ago I wasn't paying attention to my inventory @ the mm's. I don't even bother checking my rewards anymore. Whenever it get full I just go to the vendor then see what I got. My inventory probably was full & I signed off for the night. I woke up I realized that I forgot to collect my daily rewards. I went to my claims & a "Independence" was in there. So I'm assuming you can still pull jp's if your inventory is full.

Xyorg
07-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Out of Princeton University website

"When human consciousness becomes coherent, the behavior of random systems may change. Random number generators (RNGs) based on quantum tunneling produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. We calculate one in a trillion odds that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures"

as i've recently stated several times the brainwave we produce depending on our state of mind and general opinion that those guys get lots of jp just makes them get more

check source and find more but RNGs have been scientificly prooven to not be random at this day and age

http://noosphere.princeton.edu

Fallen_Aingeal
07-09-2016, 09:29 AM
I believe these JPs ya'll talk about are myths created by people who just want to sell over price guns. In three years I have received two reckonings, and the only event JP I got from doing arkfalls was a Tombstone. Only other JPs I have gotten were the non tradable ones they handed to us, and a Cupids Arrow that was giving to me. I have giving up on RNG, it odds are never in my favor, and I haven't learned the correct chats and sacrifices to do in order to make it happy. I have a really short attention span and doing arkfall after arkfall just drives me nuts. Besides even if I find a gun I like to use, give them a month and they will nerf it and come out with something better.

^^^This^^^

Very few jp's dropped in 3+ yrs of playing.

Hows this for "rng"? Been grinding two toons this event. So far i have pulled 5 ojs. 3 nanoless redlocked pistols and two electric snipers between the two toons. Random....?This event. 0 oj's. 0 jp's. 19 grape blazes. 1 toon. RNG.

It is what it is...

**EDIT**

Come to think of it, all but 1 of the jp's that have dropped for me were from before the welfare crates were introduced.

Ea Rapture
07-09-2016, 09:52 AM
^^^This^^^

Very few jp's dropped in 3+ yrs of playing.

This event. 0 oj's. 0 jp's. 19 grape blazes. 1 toon. RNG.

It is what it is...

**EDIT**

Come to think of it, all but 1 of the jp's that have dropped for me were from before the welfare crates were introduced.

I've pulled 3 ARs. Two beautifullly rolled. All nano-less.

Why keep those?

Riyo Chuchi
07-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Am i the only one who thinks we should get 1 guaranteed jp of the players choice per event. That would make alot of people who get nothing happy. Getting to choose the 1 jp you want would be great and fair to everyone. I usually pull 1 or 2 jps per event but sometimes i get nothing and get left with the feeling of disappointment. And when i do pull jps its never anything i want...

So it would be nice to have a guaranteed jp.

Johnny Dbag
07-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Not really on board with the jp of your choice per event. I did really like the grind for a jp structure of armistice though. The jps i worked for were the only ones i got during that event. Didnt matter to me they were untradeable as i have crap so i use them. Would be nice to see that again.

Mr Devlin
07-09-2016, 10:56 AM
If you find yourself getting nothing but Blu snot after 2-3 maj in a row, try this. Reset router/modem and your PC/console. Rinse and repeat. I frequently get at least 2-3 jp per event and i don't grind like some of you do.

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Not really on board with the jp of your choice per event. I did really like the grind for a jp structure of armistice though. The jps i worked for were the only ones i got during that event. Didnt matter to me they were untradeable as i have crap so i use them. Would be nice to see that again.

I did like that format as well. My main got a Grave digger which I was thrilled about. Also got an Afterlife and Mincemeat, both of these were given to my other toons. Of course ppl weren't happy about those JP's since they were untradeable. Can't please everyone all the time...

Johnny Dbag
07-09-2016, 11:58 AM
I'll take an untradeable jp over no jp.

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 12:24 PM
I would as well. Not saying I'm entitled to all the JP's from every event, but hell I'd enjoy a decent OJ from this event atm.

Ea Rapture
07-09-2016, 12:26 PM
I would as well. Not saying I'm entitled to all the JP's from every event, but hell I'd enjoy a decent OJ from this event atm.

I got a very beautiful AR from this event.
Rolls: Acc
Recoil
Crit
Ego on Reload
Dmg

But it was nano-less

Ronin9572
07-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Well I have gotten 2 Oj's since the start of MM. A nanoless pulsar that I couldn't even give away and a GRL with only 2 in the mag... Least this one had the OJ Dmg roll...

Flash Avik
07-09-2016, 01:47 PM
I have pulled 2 t4 mods and the rest blues quit whining

clubside
07-09-2016, 01:49 PM
If you find yourself getting nothing but Blu snot after 2-3 maj in a row, try this. Reset router/modem and your PC/console. Rinse and repeat. I frequently get at least 2-3 jp per event and i don't grind like some of you do.

If IP address is factored into RNG I would be horrified.

Johnny Gatt
07-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Out of Princeton University website

"When human consciousness becomes coherent, the behavior of random systems may change. Random number generators (RNGs) based on quantum tunneling produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. We calculate one in a trillion odds that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures"

as i've recently stated several times the brainwave we produce depending on our state of mind and general opinion that those guys get lots of jp just makes them get more

check source and find more but RNGs have been scientificly prooven to not be random at this day and age

http://noosphere.princeton.edu

Can someone boost some brainwaves my way. I did not get any jps yet.

snoglobe81
07-09-2016, 04:02 PM
I pulled Freedom and Virtue during the first 3 days of the event. I think that was pure luck thanks to the horrible connections. Maybe my rewards were supposed to go to the typical JPs receivers who had the unfortunate problem of connecting. This is coming from someone who's RNG is just terrible. Then afterwards my connection to game became terrible. Heck my only luck came from the weekly gift box before that was changed.

Johnny Stranger
07-09-2016, 04:54 PM
I second this

Riyo Chuchi
07-09-2016, 05:01 PM
They do the Armistice event every year. And you still don't get the jps you want from that bs. I got junk. There will be another one in 2017. I look forward to getting more junk that i can't trade...

mystickaldj
07-09-2016, 07:32 PM
They do the Armistice event every year. And you still don't get the jps you want from that bs. I got junk. There will be another one in 2017. I look forward to getting more junk that i can't trade...

Agreed lol

Bentu
07-09-2016, 07:34 PM

Last Armistice event was the best one yet for me as you actually got the rewards from the vendor via rep earned.

Boxes? Well there's another story!

RKZX2
07-09-2016, 07:52 PM
so far only 2 ojs. a rad smg, & a bio ar. my first oj was 8 days into the event. i tried to play tonight but critted a minute in. twice. so i went to Fallout 4. i will try to get in a little later.

Cobra Crusher
07-10-2016, 01:27 AM
I have gotten 7 ojs so far. 3 grls, 2 shotguns, ar, blaze. Was happy when i got a grl with oj dam then i t4d it and tried it and was reminded that rls are junk :(

Xyorg
07-10-2016, 02:47 AM
great music and way to go into your major Arkfalls ^^
https://youtu.be/3CClOsC26Lw

Ryu Soba JP
07-10-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm fascinated by the guy who starts a complaint thread in which he states he usually pulls 4-5 JPs per event... though I've had better luck lately (not this event), I've never come close to 2 JPs in an event, and only pulled 2 JPs total before the solstice at 6000 ego. Four to Five JPs per event and complains about the drops, and he's not alone in his glory... how many of us pull JS not JPs and don't start complaint threads?... RNG my arse

I started this thread and yeah it seems like a bit of a complaint because I feel time, effort and skill should be rewarded. At no point did I write anywhere that I receive multiple jackpots. If you are referring about someone else's post that's not clear in your response and I wanted to clarify why I started this thread.

Going into week 3 and still nothing to show for it.

Shtank
07-11-2016, 01:45 AM
I started this thread and yeah it seems like a bit of a complaint because I feel time, effort and skill should be rewarded. At no point did I write anywhere that I receive multiple jackpots. If you are referring about someone else's post that's not clear in your response and I wanted to clarify why I started this thread.

Going into week 3 and still nothing to show for it.

my comment was not at all referring to you, but to another thread in which the poster mentioned specifically he gets 4-5 JPs per event usually, but this time he's not doing as well, apparently... his was a complaint thread

I am in agreement with you, Ryu... doesn't seem so random to me either

edited my first post to clarify