PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the Game we have

Soul Binder
07-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Been a lot of negative post here lately and honestly I can sympathize with many over the various game issues.

However I think we at times lose sight of why we are here.
This is a game and supposed to be fun.
Issues with the game had me take an extended break from playing it. Returned a couple months ago and remembered why I enjoy the game.

Talking with old friends and making new ones.
The excitement of chasing an incursion, major arkfall or siege.
Trying to find a particular gun or mod.
Just tearing across the landscape and checking out the sights.

Yes I still get a lot of DC and the occasional hard freeze on my console, and numerous other glitches and annoyances that one would hope to have been long since fixed. But the fun is still here if you're willing to look for it.

As for current event, it's been the best ever for me in terms of loot. The one JP I'd long wanted, the Desperado/Clustershot MkI had always eluded me, but now all 5 of my toons have Allegiances an even better version (in my opinion) of the CS-X.
Add in the Valor I got which doubled the number of JP I own and it has been outstanding.

Could the game and the event be better? Yes without question, but why not take a break from the constant complaints to just enjoy what we do have.

mystickaldj
07-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Been a lot of negative post here lately and honestly I can sympathize with many over the various game issues.

Issues with the game had me take an extended break from playing it. Returned a couple months ago and remembered why I enjoy the game.

Yes I still get a lot of DC and the occasional hard freeze on my console, and numerous other glitches and annoyances that one would hope to have been long since fixed. But the fun is still here if you're willing to look for it.

As for current event, it's been the best ever for me in terms of loot. The one JP I'd long wanted, the Desperado/Clustershot MkI had always eluded me, but now all 5 of my toons have Allegiances an even better version (in my opinion) of the CS-X.
Add in the Valor I got which doubled the number of JP I own and it has been outstanding.

Could the game and the event be better? Yes without question, but why not take a break from the constant complaints to just enjoy what we do have.

Lmao we in Xbox have not had anything since 1 pm eastern time. And here it is 7:20 pm and still no sign of life. You say you pulled jps. Well I say congrats. But some of us especially on Xbox have grinded and grinded and grinded day in and day out with nothing to show for except a few purple mods and 1 or 2 ojs and 0 jps. Could the game be better? A hell of a lot better. They could get us the guaranteed jp at random once a week for those of us with a 0.0000000001% chance to pull a jp from events. Seems your more optimistic about it cause you actually get some good stuff. Whereas some of us have to sell some good stuff to get the new stuff. Just my opinion

Bentu
07-13-2016, 04:22 PM
The complaints are born from the usual frustration at the games issues not being addressed and the ones that are which are breaking other things.
The dev team is spread too thin and they need help but the powers that be won't spend the dough the game kneads.

mystickaldj
07-13-2016, 04:24 PM
The complaints are born from the usual frustration at the games issues not being addressed and the ones that are which are breaking other things.
The dev team is spread too thin and they need help but the powers that be won't spend the dough the game kneads.

Agreed

10 char

Skiller115
07-13-2016, 04:36 PM

We on Xbox cannot even play the game...

There is a difference between enjoying a game than enjoying the people that play the game.

Soul Binder
07-13-2016, 04:43 PM
http://youtu.be/KuStsFW4EmQ

Been playing Defiance since right after it went F2P and spent more money on it than any other PS3 game I have.

Been playing online games since mid 90s so yes I know that complaining can often be the only way to get issues with a game fixed.

All I am suggesting with this thread is that people take a moment to think of the good things they enjoy about Defiance. Someday the servers will go dark and it will just be a memory, that will be a sad day for me and I'm sure many others.

mystickaldj
07-13-2016, 04:48 PM
http://youtu.be/KuStsFW4EmQ

Been playing Defiance since right after it went F2P and spent more money on it than any other PS3 game I have.

Been playing online games since mid 90s so yes I know that complaining can often be the only way to get issues with a game fixed.

All I am suggesting with this thread is that people take a moment to think of the good things they enjoy about Defiance. Someday the servers will go dark and it will just be a memory, that will be a sad day for me and I'm sure many others.

Haha that will be soon enough and even when the servers go dark guess what I will still be here for the main reason I am now. Friends. I don't log on to do arkfalls and chase weapons. I come on to play a game with friends and when servers go dark we will just find a new game to go play together

Smokey Black
07-13-2016, 04:49 PM
This game was killed by greed.

Both from players in game and the devs, it's sad but it is what it is.

mystickaldj
07-13-2016, 04:50 PM

100% agree

OneBadClown
07-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Hope it doesn't get killed just got here in Feb.
As for this MM I have to say with the repeat weapon
drops of blue and green not to mention shields and
mods unless your a newbee this has been usless. I did
get pride and both toons have allegiance. Also leveled
my tiny toon up.

Bentu
07-13-2016, 05:09 PM

I agree to some extent you can't blame the devs for the cash grab.

smwwe09
08-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Hi. I just joined today and I have only one issue with the game: too many people doing incursions, arkfalls etc at once. It's starting to frustrate me because I can't finish daily contracts with certain groups (such as 7th Legion, VBI, etc.) and it causes me to time out during sessions, and also causes my wireless router to reset itself at least 7 times a week.

Ea Rapture
08-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Hi. I just joined today and I have only one issue with the game: too many people doing incursions, arkfalls etc at once. It's starting to frustrate me because I can't finish daily contracts with certain groups (such as 7th Legion, VBI, etc.) and it causes me to time out during sessions, and also causes my wireless router to reset itself at least 7 times a week.

That's just the game.

WhiteStrike
08-17-2016, 04:56 PM

Are you using Wi-Fi on your PS3? An Ethernet connection is highly recommended to diminish the number of DC's.