PDA

View Full Version : New to Defiance. Anything i should look out for. Currently lvling!

Zantorian
07-15-2016, 04:39 AM
hey,

I am new to Defiance (PC) and was just wondering if there is anything I should be doing or looking out for along the levelling paths!

konstantinov
07-15-2016, 05:07 AM
Kill everything as there's no need to do any of the pursuits to hit max ego (6000). You can afk your way through all contracts except for chimera, kill like 2 mobs and then afk. There's also no need to buy any dlcs. I hope you enjoy your time in Defiance.

PithHelmetIrath
07-15-2016, 05:20 AM
Look out when you're thinking about gambling over in the bit store.. it's a cruel mistress.

konstantinov
07-15-2016, 05:22 AM
Look out when you're thinking about gambling over in the bit store.. it's a cruel mistress.

Also, be leary of other players as deception seems to be key right now.

mystickaldj
07-15-2016, 05:52 AM
My personal opinion......turn and run away before you get trapped in trions money grab grasp. Like all of us did. We hate the crap the devs do most of the time. Stability issues. Which you will come to find out soon enough. But we're so far in that it's hard as hell to put the controller down for good. Just my opinion

Ronin9572
07-15-2016, 06:45 AM
^this made me laugh! But the truth hurts...smh

mystickaldj
07-15-2016, 07:33 AM
^this made me laugh! But the truth hurts...smh

Yup it sure does. And I spoke the truth lol

Ronin9572
07-15-2016, 07:38 AM
More ppl need to here. Maybe Trion will listen...Doubt it!

mystickaldj
07-15-2016, 07:51 AM
More ppl need to here. Maybe Trion will listen...Doubt it!

I doubt it also. Its never gonna change. But some of us are stuck here for the long haul. We're so invested into this game and we can't find a game we actually like better so we keep coming back. When servers go dark idk what im gonna do. But I'll be happy to be broken of this curse

Destromathe
07-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Hey All,

Lets welcome new players with open arms, and helpful feedback.

Zantorian - The Defiance community is amazing, and you can find all kinds of help with an early struggles you might have, or if you are just looking for fun things to do!

The absolute first and best thing you can do in game is find a great clan to help you through Paradise. Clans are a huge part of Defiance, and I know there are several big ones on PC if you are looking for some social interaction, and great players to help you through the early days.

Other than that, the world is your oyster. Either follow the main story chains, or go off on your own and explore the landscape, and participate in Arkfalls. You will be scaled up to players around you for arkfalls that appear on your map, so have at it! I would however recommend avoiding San Francisco and Silicon Valley until you are a bit higher EGO.

Lastly, feel free to participate in some co-op maps if you are feeling up to it. These can net good XP and are pretty damn fun. Thanks for player, and hope to see you in game!

mystickaldj
07-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Hey All,

Lets welcome new players with open arms, and helpful feedback.

Zantorian - The Defiance community is amazing, and you can find all kinds of help with an early struggles you might have, or if you are just looking for fun things to do!

The absolute first and best thing you can do in game is find a great clan to help you through Paradise. Clans are a huge part of Defiance, and I know there are several big ones on PC if you are looking for some social interaction, and great players to help you through the early days.

Other than that, the world is your oyster. Either follow the main story chains, or go off on your own and explore the landscape, and participate in Arkfalls. You will be scaled up to players around you for arkfalls that appear on your map, so have at it! I would however recommend avoiding San Francisco and Silicon Valley until you are a bit higher EGO.

Lastly, feel free to participate in some co-op maps if you are feeling up to it. These can net good XP and are pretty damn fun. Thanks for player, and hope to see you in game!

Destro I say these things cause no matter what we seem to always have issues with something. I know your trying to work hard I get that. I'm a stay at home father working from home running my own business with the local music industry. It's not easy to do with a 2 year old always getting into stuff lol. But I still get things done. So I hope you can get these things figured out and get the ball rolling so we don't have the lag or stability issues. Last night for 4 hours I was unable to play cause I could see nothing when logging in and then I would crit out. So if these get fixed and the rng gets looked at then things would be better. Cause 1 jp in almost 3 years is kinda ridiculous

SageSyndicate
07-15-2016, 09:47 AM
Dont spend any money you will soon regret it and if you do only thing worth it is dlcs.. but even than there is always away around it. Have fun hope you enjoy. And please be careful of players trying to get your good drops a lot of players like to deceive newer ones in certain drops not being good. Hmm i think that is it and again DONT SPEND ON BIT BOXES ITS A SCAM!! You will get blues and purples just like in regular arkfalls.

Menetekel
07-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Welcome to Defiance!

First piece of advice beware the Forums... they can get cancerous at times! Second piece of advice decide for yourself if you Love/Like the game... and go from there. Playing Defiance is like a love hate relationship. You will usually be torn between hating to love the game or loving to hate the game but it is addicting for some... even those who take a break or try to give up on the addiction eventually come back. Destromath's advice about finding a good clan is spot on... you will find a new family in Defiance if you find the right one and the community is one of the main reason many keep playing.

Not sure if you're looking for any particular advice on leveling up or not but there are certain weapons that make skill leveling easier then others. I personally go through the pursuit list to find the pursuits I have almost completed and finish them up. Sometimes you can pick up an extra hundred ego points in a couple of hours this way just by going down the list. Also there are numerous guaranteed event Jackpots(and outfits) you can get if you follow the pursuits. Feel free to ask any questions you might have... beware the cancerous members of the forums and if yer on PC/NA look me up in game some time and we can grab a drink at the Crater or go and kill some stuff together for a bit. Cheers mate and Welcome!

Menetekel PC/NA