PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer big waste of time. Very unhappy.

Ryu Soba JP
07-15-2016, 04:49 PM
This isn't about the 2 weeks wasted with no jackpot. Nor is it about all the blue guns and mods I've had to vendor. No, this is about playing an entire Arkfall and being disconnected at the very end waiting for the fireworks show to finish just to log on and have nothing to show for your effort. Yes, I know there are threads about this and yes, I may have comments on them. But this is getting really freaking ridiculous. Yeah, I'm pretty mad too.

I launched the game. Logged in to a Midsummer Arkfall that just spawned played the entire thing and while waiting for the fireworks to finish I get a critical error. Relaunched the game from the xmb and guess what? No rewards. Nothing. Just a huge slap in the face.

I myself, like many, are paying customers. We bought the game. We buy your new flavor of the month in the bitstore and all the needed extras like inventory and key code caps and even patron pass. You provided us with a game play experience that fails in almost every aspect. For 3 days (and even before then) the servers have had stability issues. Since the event was turned on your paying customers have seen nothing but critical errors, 0 rewards, hard locked consoles and an RNG that STILL favors the same few players. Please insult me by saying I wear a tin foiled hat. Your rng system is broken.

All I want is to play the game without disconnecting every Arkfall, without my console freezing (only happens in defiance, the game to stop bugging out on controls (toons walking on their own. Brand new controller so it's not wear n tear) and to be rewarded for my effort even if the game gives me a critical error while watching the pointless fireworks show. Just really tired of reading the excuses and run around given about fixing bugs and stability.

mystickaldj
07-15-2016, 05:18 PM
1000% agree

DEATHBRINGER210
07-15-2016, 05:52 PM
after what was said in zone chat . :D

Smokey Black
07-15-2016, 06:57 PM
after what said in , zone chat . :D

do you speak English?

DEATHBRINGER210
07-15-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm just disappointed in the devs, they only copy & pasted, renamed and recoloured, did not develop anything whatsoever.

I'm also disappointed in them because at the beginning of the event they said they would fix the lag, delay and critical errors. But, they still have not fixed any.

MM spawn rate drives me up the wall like :mad::mad::mad:.

i did a edit........... opps wrong post

DEATHBRINGER210
07-15-2016, 07:33 PM
do you speak English?

yes . i dont type very well. if thats okay with u

Fisherman Joe
07-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Getting purples from the weekly box is disappointing. I miss the old days of getting jackpots from the weekly boxes. And no I don't feel entitled, it was just more fun. I guess if they would have done it the other way around it would have been better... Giving purples at the first events then working up to giving jackpots nowadays. But starting with giving jackpots then dwindling our rewards is a bummer. Starting at a high point then taking things away is always a bummer.

JanGravity
07-16-2016, 12:09 AM
http://url.htm

tarmim
07-16-2016, 12:48 AM
Getting purples from the weekly box is disappointing. I miss the old days of getting jackpots from the weekly boxes. And no I don't feel entitled, it was just more fun. I guess if they would have done it the other way around it would have been better... Giving purples at the first events then working up to giving jackpots nowadays. But starting with giving jackpots then dwindling our rewards is a bummer. Starting at a high point then taking things away is always a bummer.

The reputation for jackpots system was the best in my opinion didn't pull the jps i wanted but it was still fun and a good system

Bentu
07-16-2016, 01:15 AM
I think this goes along with everyone else's train of thought when I say we want honesty from the devs when we ask a question and not an answer grabbed from inside a bag of squirrels.

Be upfront with us, we may not like the answer we get and may argue against it but at least we'll respect the answer.

Ronin9572
07-16-2016, 03:41 AM
The reputation for jackpots system was the best in my opinion didn't pull the jps i wanted but it was still fun and a good system

I totally agree with you. It would be better with that system if the JP's were tradeable. To the OP I feel your pain. I'm not expecting to get every JP as I see many if the same ppl having (yes the RNG is fraked! ) but 4 OJ's in 3 wks is ridiculous! This weapon pool was a joke too. Only thing I did like was the Allegiance, which I have been wanting in a long time. I have a new controller as well and this is the only game I have troubles with it.

PithHelmetIrath
07-16-2016, 05:18 AM
Midsummer has been a big strain on my aging 360's health..

http://i.imgur.com/cbpCQwn.gif

Johnny Gatt
07-16-2016, 05:35 AM
Midsummer has been a big strain on my aging 360's health..

http://i.imgur.com/cbpCQwn.gif
my ps3 and xbox 360 both struggling this event. so many hard freezes at end of arkfalls.

Ryu Soba JP
07-16-2016, 10:15 AM
Last night I played an a world server crashed and kicked everyone offline. Today I logged on and fast traveled to a friend, did the Arkfall and the world server kicked everyone offline again.

missmar
07-16-2016, 11:06 AM
the one thing that was redeeming about events was the weekly jackpots. even better if it was untradable, because that meant the arkfalls weren't going to be 50% alt account characters causing more traffic

instead it's an absolute waiting game, and people are exploiting the challenge to bring as many alts as possible to get the most of the waiting.

and mostly the people that do this, are doing it to sell on the exchange for stupidly insane markup prices for the scrip glitchers.

it's money laundering.

the spirit is completely missing.

and when most players are chasing these, and being let down by both bad loot, and crashes, and all the alt traffic ...it's a vicious cycle. one that can only be fixed if the spirit of Trion changes.

They keep setting their sights on excessive spenders... but when the excessive spenders aren't even liking the content because F2P players are in exodus, they're making a huge huge mistake.

IDK who said this, probably Altras... but the "MICRO" needs to be brought back to "micro-transation"

You really don't have to milk every dollar out of ONE person if you lower the prices.

Less cost, more interest.

For how much Trion wants Defiance players to gamble, you would think they'd know something about gambling first.

Should be making "commodity" crates that EVERYONE would want.... except make the cost of gambling for it in nickels and dimes.

It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that they'd gear their resources toward fewer spenders but allow the traffic for more idling alts, instead of making excessive alts pointless and opening that traffic up to more spenders.

Last time I said this, all you guys did was "half off!" of your current stuff. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying make a new crate that is a friggin dollar and has sweet stuff in it. Without lowering the chances to the point where simply word-of-mouth would absolutely destroy the intent of putting a cheap box. Do it to make ALL players happy.

Also bring back Corporate Espionage with untradable stuff, to start funneling all of that excessive glitched scrip out.

Hunter0
07-16-2016, 11:12 AM
They (devs and other trion employees) surely don't play on ps3 eu. If they did for once they would know that MM is not spawning properly. And of course they would notice the other problems; lag, delay, crit, etc etc.

Ronin9572
07-17-2016, 05:19 AM
Last night I played an a world server crashed and kicked everyone offline. Today I logged on and fast traveled to a friend, did the Arkfall and the world server kicked everyone offline again.

Last night was the worst I've seen it! Could barely find a major without dc'ing and when I did dc'd several times b4 the final or crashed at rewards only to get nothing. Took me 3hrs of trying to get daily's on 2 toons. This event ends when? Not soon enough

Ryu Soba JP
07-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I've noticed lots of alt's with bmg on constant while the main toon plays. I've also seen players shoot one enemy and stand outside the Arkfall waiting for it to end.

Five toons, 5 weeklies, 1 Legendary Sniper. The rest were epic guns, a few Epic mods no one uses and blue vendor food. Another 10 hour gaming session shard hopping and nothing but blue vendor food. While the same get players have received multiple Named drops. In addition to the lag (mostly on SV), Disconnecting and hard locks.