PDA

View Full Version : Let me explain how frustrating Events are for me

gulac
07-19-2016, 09:07 PM
I live in Australia

Now if anyone doesn't understand the technology required to synchronise players from all parts of the world so they can play side by side instantaneously then you should stop reading this now.

In any case I believe this causes a problem when there are masses of players in segment doing an event.

To start with once the number of players gets above about 30 you all disappear.

So there I am in an empty field chasing enemies who die just as i get within effective shooting range.

Then there is the hit registration, so many times I have gone to shoot an enemy only to see my bullets pass through him. Or if I do manage to lower his shield and health to zero he is still shooting me and my guns wont kill him. Usually swapping guns fixes this but not lately.

Then there are the rewards, winning a major arkfall with 80-100k points and receiving a green mod for it is insulting. Or winning a minor event arkfall and getting nothing but keys and scrip is equally frustating.

I understand that not everyone can have the best guns because that would leave nothing to aspire too.

But I have to question a reward algorithm that results in half the players in a major event arkfall standing on the sidelines because they figured out that the ones who do the least damage are the ones most likely to get Jackpot weapons.

And then of course there is the damage response curve, which we all see examples of when chasing the lunatic with the purgatory boomer who runs ahead of you through co-op raising the required damage level of the enemies.

In events the increased use of boomers (detonators) and RL's means a lot of higher ego players are having to empty their gun 5 times to kill a simple soldier. In fact when its really bad I have had to dump 20 Mass RL's bombs right in the face of one enemy soldier to get him to die.

I am a 6k ego and at times i feel like I am 120 ego trying to take on a Volge Ark Viscera for the first time.

Anyway please feel free to agree or disagree or make some snarky comment if you must.

Gulac

Sir Dan
07-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Good points that are raised now and again yet sees zero resolution.

tarmim
07-20-2016, 12:06 AM
I'd rather not see the other players they're so distracting.
And if it's hard for you to kill tl10 enemies at 6k ego then your guns are weak.

Fallen_Aingeal
07-20-2016, 12:16 AM
I really don't see what living in Australia has anything to do with your experiences.

Your complaints about latency have been echoed by ppl all over the world since the game launched. It doesn't matter where you live...

As far as the threat level...Sorry you live in Australia?

Bentu
07-20-2016, 05:52 AM
Regarding rewards I think we all feel the same, I wish they'd bring back the old days of rng where you did have a better chance of an oj drop even if it was crap you still felt that you got a decent reward.

PithHelmetIrath
07-20-2016, 05:52 AM
I am a 6k ego and at times i feel like I am 120 ego trying to take on a Volge Ark Viscera for the first time.

Anyway please feel free to agree or disagree or make some snarky comment if you must.

You're doing it wrong..

WhiteStrike
07-20-2016, 06:26 AM
You're doing it wrong..

He's using a White Volge Battle Rifle and a Crimefighter MK2 coupled with an Hurricane Rearm II and Hatchling nades.

tarmim
07-20-2016, 06:30 AM
He's using a White Volge Battle Rifle and a Crimefighter MK2 coupled with an Hurricane Rearm II and Hatchling nades.

What about protection spikes and brawler stims?

gulac
07-20-2016, 10:39 AM

This is not true, I use a sup'd Until Death and an OJ Eternal Mass RL

gulac
07-20-2016, 10:41 AM
I'd rather not see the other players they're so distracting.
And if it's hard for you to kill tl10 enemies at 6k ego then your guns are weak.

My guns are a supreme Until death and an OJ full T4 Eternal Presence Mass Cannon

Ronin9572
07-20-2016, 10:57 AM
You're doing it wrong..

That's what she said...

Flash Avik
07-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Btw u can't get a green mod out of a majors reward board

Ronin9572
07-20-2016, 11:04 AM
That's so true!

Thorax The Dark
07-20-2016, 11:05 AM
There are probably countless problems with the inner workings of this game and no one has any idea of how bad it is unless you work for the part responsible for coding the games, patching etc. Never know living there might be affecting your game. No one really knows.. and trion doesn't tell

Skiller115
07-20-2016, 11:13 AM
This is not true, I use a sup'd Until Death and an OJ Eternal Mass RL

Well maybe you're just bad, get good!

WhiteStrike
07-20-2016, 11:47 AM
My guns are a supreme Until death and an OJ full T4 Eternal Presence Mass Cannon
Can you post the stats of the Until Death? I need it's Damage, Fire Rate, Crit, Mag and Reload.

Skiller115
07-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Can you post the stats of the Until Death? I need it's Damage, Fire Rate, Crit, Mag and Reload.

Lol he's probably one of them scrubs that uses the UD on WM! They always think that their UD is the most powerful gun in the universe when it's just basic. Trion doesn't make it any better that you get the high score for breaking plates, further blurring the reality!

Soul Binder
07-20-2016, 12:06 PM
MM Finals are always threat level 11 regardless of number/ego rating of players present.
Weapon selection of other players has no effect on the threat level of any Arkfall/Siege/Incursion etc.
World location can have an effect on difficulty to a certain degree with SV tending to be most difficult for a given threat level and Mt. Tam the easiest.
Choosing the appropriate weapons for stuff will always work better than just riding with your favorite JP/Supreme/OJ. If your having issues with a certain enemy try other weapons. Trion gave you an excellent weapon to use for MM with the Allegiance, it will quickly strip the armor off the enemies allowing you and everyone else to do full damage with attacks. Other Bio weapons can be equally effective, as a second weapon you can load up a high DPS weapon with Rad/Fire/Electric nano to quickly finish them off once the armor is reduced/gone or switch to your heavy hitter for the kills once you've gotten rid of armor.
Check your perks to make sure they match well with your loadout and make the most of your selected weapons.
Your real world location isn't the cause for your issues, choice of weapons/ego perks/and how you fight are.

WhiteStrike
07-20-2016, 12:13 PM
MM Finals are always threat level 11 regardless of number/ego rating of players present.
Weapon selection of other players has no effect on the threat level of any Arkfall/Siege/Incursion etc.
World location can have an effect on difficulty to a certain degree with SV tending to be most difficult for a given threat level and Mt. Tam the easiest.
Choosing the appropriate weapons for stuff will always work better than just riding with your favorite JP/Supreme/OJ. If your having issues with a certain enemy try other weapons. Trion gave you an excellent weapon to use for MM with the Allegiance, it will quickly strip the armor off the enemies allowing you and everyone else to do full damage with attacks. Other Bio weapons can be equally effective, as a second weapon you can load up a high DPS weapon with Rad/Fire/Electric nano to quickly finish them off once the armor is reduced/gone or switch to your heavy hitter for the kills once you've gotten rid of armor.
Check your perks to make sure they match well with your loadout and make the most of your selected weapons.
Your real world location isn't the cause for your issues, choice of weapons/ego perks/and how you fight are.

Corruptor > Allegiance for that function.

Soul Binder
07-20-2016, 12:19 PM
Corruptor > Allegiance for that function.

Could be true but not everyone has a Corrupter while anyone spending any time at all in MM should have Allegiance by now.
A Bio BR/AR/SMG, Soveriegn Det with Bio or whatever else can also work very well at stripping armor quickly.

Skiller115
07-20-2016, 12:22 PM

Actually.MM majors can be TL 10 if there are few people at the arkfall! Very easy to notice around reset time.

FistPumper
07-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Nurple is in Australia and before he quit he had no better or worse chance that anyone else. His connection and distance usually meant that XBL Messages would take an hour to show up but the game and its mechanics were fine. As for RNG, well.......its um "Random". Granted if you got 100k at an event and got greens, then your RnG has to be the worst in the whole game. I've become accustom to blues, I rather like them I breakdown about 460 of them to get an Elite Box...... xD

WhiteStrike
07-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Could be true but not everyone has a Corrupter while anyone spending any time at all in MM should have Allegiance by now.
A Bio BR/AR/SMG, Soveriegn Det with Bio or whatever else can also work very well at stripping armor quickly.

Bio nades.

FistPumper
07-20-2016, 12:27 PM
FRC Sludge Rocket / Corrupter / Bio Nades.......One big pool of gooo

DEPHIC
07-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Actually.MM majors can be TL 10 if there are few people at the arkfall! Very easy to notice around reset time.

Yep, they can get even lower because they scale. I've found some at TL3 I believe with no one at them. Low ego must have solo'd it up to the finale and ran or ported away.