PDA

View Full Version : Did you know there was a Wandering Hulker Grid variant?

clubside
07-21-2016, 10:57 AM
I sure didn't lol

Just ran into him on my way to the Bolinas Smeltry daily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ocGNJMvJgQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ocGNJMvJgQ

Unfortunately I critted out when I got him down to a quarter health but it was an interesting find, particularly in this area. There were Grid Raiders but also the usual Hellbugs.

Have you come across any odd variations of traditional Emergencies?

tarmim
07-21-2016, 12:15 PM
I spotted it weeks ago near miwok farm then last week again cant recall where exactly

Skiller115
07-21-2016, 12:42 PM
Now we just need a wandering Warmaster!

tarmim
07-21-2016, 12:45 PM

Maybe with enough looking we could spot a wandering dev team hiding from their responsibilities

PithHelmetIrath
07-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Maybe with enough looking we could spot a wandering dev team hiding from their responsibilities

Clever.. very clever!

http://i.imgur.com/0FLOr83.gif

Skiller115
07-21-2016, 12:58 PM

Lmao!!!!!!

r1p
07-21-2016, 01:20 PM

Rashere talked about a wandering Warmaster and wandering golden skitterlings last year. The problem is that very limited resources are going to be allocated to this game if it doesn't generate revenue - that includes PvE content or bugs fixes for things that we have already paid for (i.e. bugs in DLC).

Bentu
07-21-2016, 02:11 PM
I don't think there's a Grid variant but more than likely they were drawn in from a nearby roadside emergency.
But the Wandering Hulker has been back a couple of months now, I mentioned it in the chat on the ps3 na server and the guys on that shard at the time had no idea what I was talking about.
They'd never even heard of the Wandering Hulker.

clubside
07-21-2016, 02:40 PM
That's what I thought at first but check the Hulker's face, particularly the eyes. Could it have been a regular with a Grid Conversion by the pump station? Could he have been infected?

Bentu
07-21-2016, 05:30 PM
The ones I've seen haven't had any grid with them and I've killed a few now in four different locations and a grid hasn't spawned when I killed the Hulker so I'm going with plain old Wandering Hulker for now.

Johnny Stranger
07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
I encountered a wandering hulker a couple years ago . It was on the east coast around last chance ... The main road running along the water . There was a white fence on the inland side of the elevated shoulder . I was ego 200 or there a about

Bentu
07-21-2016, 06:23 PM
I encountered a wandering hulker a couple years ago . It was on the west coast around last chance ... The main road running along the water . There was a white fence on the inland side of the elevated shoulder . I was ego 200 or there a about

Yeah there's a side mission that he'll still show up for a long there but for some reason he was withdrawn from the game a while back and re introduced recently.
If his health scaled like it did back then he'd be fun to kill but he's really quite a tibby cat now.

Johnny Gatt
07-21-2016, 10:35 PM
I remember the wandering hulkers back in the day. Before contracts changed with dlc 2 we used to hunt for them to get hulker kills. ( There used to be a contract where you had to kill 5 or 10 for the week in a certain area.)

Taramafor
07-23-2016, 05:01 AM
I was hoping to see a hulker sized grid when the hulker dies.

As for roadblocks, I once did a raider roadblock side mission. Drone through them while activating the turrets. There was a lot. Hellbugs swarmed. There was a lot. Raiders and hellbugs fighting each other. Monarch shows up. Hulker shows up. Chaos everywhere. They fought each other as well, godzilla style. I watched for a bit, cleared the raiders and bugs, killed the monarch and then the hulker of course. But damn, they all showed up altogether in a tiny time frame right near each other and fought each other. It was epic!

Crixus x1
07-27-2016, 03:38 AM
Found the hulker a few times over the past year roaming near last chance.

OokamiXIII
07-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Things like this really slay me. We've got devs enough to troll the forums swinging the B& hammer at the slightest (read: imagined) infraction, but not enough to weigh in when a question is posed by the players. Typical. See ya'll in 12!