PDA

View Full Version : Courier - My last attempt

Chump Norris
07-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Nevermind, Trion just keep doing what you're doing

Would you please make it pull rolls from this roll pool?

http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php?w=Detonators%201-Clip

This would remove useless Falloff and Accuracy and add in some explosive based rolls.

If anyone knows of some use for Falloff and Accuracy on Couriers please let me know why these are good.

Thanks.

konstantinov
07-22-2016, 08:12 PM
Would you please make it pull rolls from this roll pool?

http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php?w=Detonators%201-Clip

This would remove useless Falloff and Accuracy and add in some explosive based rolls.

If anyone knows of some use for Falloff and Accuracy on Couriers please let me know why these are good.

Thanks.

I can tell you that accuracy definitely helped couriers early on in the game. They nodes use to do a V pattern when fired without an accuracy roll and on an old syphon courier that had a green accuracy roll on it it would basically do the reverse ^. It made it a lot easier to stick both nodes to mobs/players.

Ea Rapture
07-22-2016, 08:12 PM
I like the acc rolls because they sit in my inv and I know why I shouldnt use them. Just a reminder really

Chump Norris
07-22-2016, 08:18 PM
I can tell you that accuracy definitely helped couriers early on in the game. They nodes use to do a V pattern when fired without an accuracy roll and on an old syphon courier that had a green accuracy roll on it it would basically do the reverse ^. It made it a lot easier to stick both nodes to mobs/players.

I thought it did something early on but didn't trust my memory lol

You notice any advantage to Acc rolls since they changed the was Couriers fire?

I like the acc rolls because they sit in my inv and I know why I shouldnt use them. Just a reminder really

lol I cant even be bothered to look at them anymore, straight to the vendor they go.

Ea Rapture
07-22-2016, 08:23 PM
Plot twist: I don't even keep them

In other news, after wasting 1250 af on a gun today, I've decided, it's in my best interest to not play

konstantinov
07-22-2016, 08:23 PM
I thought it did something early on but didn't trust my memory lol

You notice any advantage to Acc rolls since they changed the was Couriers fire?

lol I cant even be bothered to look at them anymore, straight to the vendor they go.

I have not noticed anything but I will hop on tomorrow and take a look. They did change the possible masteries on northstar flares/blazes and couriers to match their detonator counterparts.

Chump Norris
07-22-2016, 08:46 PM
I have not noticed anything but I will hop on tomorrow and take a look.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

They did change the possible masteries on northstar flares/blazes and couriers to match their detonator counterparts.

I wont claim credit for the Couriers getting explosive masteries but after the Northstars got it some months back I PMed a few times about getting that done for Courier..it could have always been the plan with them though.

In other news, after wasting 1250 af on a gun today, I've decided, it's in my best interest to not play

That's kinda where I am right now been playing Destiny again, I did log on the past couple days to use the exchange some and payback a debt in case I vanish from Defiance.

Ea Rapture
07-22-2016, 09:18 PM
I've. Been on Dark souls, waiting for NMS to come out. I can't wait! I should finish fallout, but it's kinda boring.

Chump Norris
07-22-2016, 09:51 PM
I should finish fallout, but it's kinda boring.

O man I love Fallout even though they dropped the ball with most of the DLCs, I was soooo looking forward to them adding mod support but it's looking like PS4 may never get it.

Is Dark souls the one where you lose your gear when you die? If so my drunken *** could never handle such a serious a game :)

Bentu
07-22-2016, 09:59 PM
I've. Been on Dark souls, waiting for NMS to come out. I can't wait! I should finish fallout, but it's kinda boring.

I'll never finish Fo4 cause I can't stop building stuff.

Ea Rapture
07-22-2016, 11:10 PM
O man I love Fallout even though they dropped the ball with most of the DLCs, I was soooo looking forward to them adding mod support but it's looking like PS4 may never get it.

Is Dark souls the one where you lose your gear when you die? If so my drunken *** could never handle such a serious a game :)

You lose all your souls. Souls are used as currency and also to level up.

The fighting and weapons are awesome though!

Fallout was fun at first, but it got boring fast. Its just so plain killing with guns. Least in a Bethesda game.

Chump Norris
07-23-2016, 05:31 PM
Kon just confirmed with me that accuracy indeed does nothing..

Come on Rarnok lets lose the Falloff and Accuracy rolls :)

Bentu
07-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Kon just confirmed with me that accuracy indeed does nothing..

Come on Rarnok lets lose the Falloff and Accuracy rolls :)

I don't have the knowledge of what perks and roles actually work as intended like Kon and the others but if memory serves me right the accuracy role tightens the two shots from the courier so it appears as one.
If it doesn't have the accuracy the two shots split like a snakes tongue.

Chump Norris
07-23-2016, 06:35 PM
I don't have the knowledge of what perks and roles actually work as intended like Kon and the others but if memory serves me right the accuracy role tightens the two shots from the courier so it appears as one.
If it doesn't have the accuracy the two shots split like a snakes tongue.

It used to split but this was changed and the shots fired on top of each other (looks like one but pops two dmg numbers) at least that's how it is on every Courier I try.

I think you're talking about what kon was here.

konstantinov
07-23-2016, 06:45 PM
It used to split but this was changed and the shots fired on top of each other (looks like one but pops two dmg numbers) at least that's how it is on every Courier I try.

The actual shooting mechanic and animation is completely different than the original version.

Chump Norris
07-23-2016, 07:00 PM
The actual shooting mechanic and animation is completely different than the original version.

Do remember them ever giving a reason why they did this? I just remember it happening one day like nanos removed from Cluster Shot and Courier but cant think of the reason.

Bentu
07-23-2016, 07:01 PM

Yeah that's how I remember it but have only used a courier to level up now, I personally have no use for shotguns.

konstantinov
07-23-2016, 07:48 PM
Do remember them ever giving a reason why they did this? I just remember it happening one day like nanos removed from Cluster Shot and Courier but cant think of the reason.

IIRC they removed them when they removed melee nanos from guns and this also introduced the white roll on guns. I honestly can't remember so this may/is probably wrong.

DEATHBRINGER210
07-23-2016, 07:54 PM
IIRC they removed them when they removed melee nanos from guns and this also introduced the white roll on guns. I honestly can't remember so this may/is probably wrong.

your right about the time it happen,

DEATHBRINGER210
07-23-2016, 07:55 PM
falloff works on them. you can shoot them further and bombs take a little longer to blow up

clubside
07-23-2016, 08:27 PM

What was a melee nano? Never saw anything like that when I started playing months before DLC1.

They removed the split shot around DLC1 since I still have some no-white-roll Couriers from before DLC2 when they added those bonuses.

I miss the split shot, very satisfying when you tagged two different enemies with one shot and got two blast radius effects, particular useful with mutants and raiders who tend to clump.

As to the original question, does the falloff distance perhaps effect the damage radius?

DEATHBRINGER210
07-23-2016, 08:41 PM
What was a melee nano? Never saw anything like that when I started playing months before DLC1.

They removed the split shot around DLC1 since I still have some no-white-roll Couriers from before DLC2 when they added those bonuses.

I miss the split shot, very satisfying when you tagged two different enemies with one shot and got two blast radius effects, particular useful with mutants and raiders who tend to clump.

As to the original question, does the falloff distance perhaps effect the damage radius?

here is a post from when the weapons lost the nano melees
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?162954-Pre-Patch-Weapons-have-lost-their-Melee-nano-s&highlight=nano+melee+missing

Chump Norris
07-23-2016, 08:59 PM
falloff works on them. you can shoot them further and bombs take a little longer to blow up

I'll have to look into that more, the way I always understood Falloff its the time ittakes for your damage to start to drop dmg due to range from the target and explosives just completely ignore it.

If I ever log in and think of it i'll see if I notice what you're talking about.

DEATHBRINGER210
07-23-2016, 09:01 PM
I'll have to look into that more, the way I always understood Falloff its the time ittakes for your damage to start to drop dmg due to range from the target and explosives just completely ignore it.

If I ever log in and think of it i'll see if I notice what you're talking about.

you can even see the difference on cluster shots with fall off barrels

DEATHBRINGER210
07-23-2016, 09:06 PM
here is pic of a nano melee
http://i.imgur.com/FkupuG2.jpg?1

clubside
07-23-2016, 09:25 PM
Thanks for that. Given the date of that forum post you linked I must have seen them. Time to dig through the archive of weapons lol

Sevrin
07-24-2016, 07:59 AM
here is pic of a nano melee
http://i.imgur.com/FkupuG2.jpg?1

Wow. Totally didn't remember that. Oh god, my memory lol. But thanks for the memory refresh.