PDA

View Full Version : Gun and gun mods

Von
09-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Judging from what I've seen and heard. Defiance will have a lot of guns.
Maybe not on the level of Boarderlands but a lot. I bet some will be slight
variations on others. I think I did see a hand gun used in the most recent
developers diary video. Hand guns would add more weapons even thou
they haven't been shown a lot.

Of course then you add in the ability to mod the gun. I can only imagine
what certain mods can do. I bet a better stock could make a gun more
accurate or reduce recoil. The effect of a scope is obvious. But I wonder
if there will be a trade off if certain mods help in some areas but hurt
in others. Like having a drum clip on you gun may give you more bullets
but it may hurt your accuracy.

Kalbuir
09-10-2012, 11:33 PM
The only gun that looks like an handgun I know of is the "needler", which feels more like an uzi than a handgun to me. I think many are fans of handguns in their traditional sense but I wonder where this could fit into Defiance. Lore wise I am sure it is no issue but gameplay wise atm you can select two guns (any guns, so it seems).

Meaning dropping a spare shotgun for a 8 round pistol might not be a popular choose. Few ways around this I can see, weapon swapping to a handgun is faster, however swapping weapons is already quite fast and in my opinion and experience during GamesCom a key element in the game. So this would not have my preference, some other bonus to handguns could also work or make handguns just as powerful as the bigger ones but that could defeat the purpose slightly.

I am fairly sure for balance purposes most gun mods will have affects both negative and positive however what they could also do is make it a combination of cosmetically and progression. My preference is mods having drawbacks as you can then customize your gun to your playstyle. Really basic example if you know you are a good shot you might trade in extra ammo in your clip for less spread etc.

Von
09-12-2012, 12:42 AM
If you look at the most recent developers diary video at around 3:14, it
looks like a guy is using a pistol. You're right about how most probably
won't use it. They will probably be like the daggers you find in Elder Scrolls
games. Basicly, a weapon you'll find but never use unless it's very special.
Like a pistol that fires acid bullets. You'll probably just sale them to make
a little cash.

Pistols could be what everyone starts out with until you upgrade. I wouldn't
be suprise if some guns where actualy powerful but the draw back that they
only fire one shot at a time.

Jenbuu
09-12-2012, 04:29 AM
this is one thing that i want to get an answer for because, i love pistols i dont know why, but i always use them.

normally there may be a bit of trade off in there, like more accuracy, using things pistols like desert eagles etc do more dmg, but will have to see how it plays out

BlackTalons
09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
I would like to have handguns even if shotguns are available. Handguns are usually balanced with faster weapons swap and reload times, and minimal loss of acuracy with continued fire, because of their low weight. They tend to do more damage than subMGs per shot, and are effective from short to medium-long range. If well made they are always a viable alternative, acting as a light jack of all trades with sniping capabilities and burst damage with its semiautomatic function, or rewarding high acuracy with extra headshot damage. There's really little reason to not include them in the game.

Escyos
09-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Here :http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/images/c/c5/Defiance_game_Sidearm_breakdown.jpg Laser sight, ballistic stablizer, scope, optional grip, grip extension arm, flashlight, stabilizer, compensator, stabilizing arm, silencer. Id say we have a fair amount of modifications, perhaps you can add better versions of each one, the flashlight may let you shoot better in dark, laser sight gives you better accuracy, stabilizer and grips decreases recoil.

(Im speculating)

gangsta ray
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Some one plz help I have the mod for a couple of guns but have no idea how to mod it i get to the mod part and it shows the part but when I press A it's just blank I know u can't have it equipped to mod but need a step by step here plz help

kasper9669
04-04-2013, 09:19 PM
i agree i have been doing the missions and have SEVERAL mods but i can never equip any of them. like i have a semi auto sniper rifle and i have 2 mods for the sniper rifle but i can not attach them. or i have a sight for a pistol and can not attach to any of the pistols i have. is there a step by step guide or video or anything explaining it?

Gixxer76
04-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Please help! Does anyone have or know of a link that makes weapon modification simple? If so it would be a huge help. My biggest complaint about this game is the lack of comprehensive info. Come on Trion, help us love this game!

Shismar
04-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Did you guys really need to necro a thread from last year September for that? There are multiple recent threads about modding weapons.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-09-2013, 02:35 PM
You have to go into the salvage matrix and modify the weapon by adding mod slots sto it. They are random and cost ark salvage, so you may have to try a few times before it adds the slot you need for a certain type of mod