PDA

View Full Version : How is the Stability

Johnny Stranger
07-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Just downloading the patch notes was wondering how the stability improvements are ..
Thanks

OneBadClown
07-25-2016, 04:27 PM
El sucko at least on PS3 nothings changed

Johnny Gatt
07-25-2016, 04:40 PM
I am on ps3 for anow hour now, no issues. Getting ready to switch to xbox.

Soul Binder
07-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Took me longer to download and install the patch than it did to get first crit. That's the improvement to stability on PS3/NA. :p

Hunter4514
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
On Xbox 360 since patch I hv crit out 6x and mostly at the end of the blackout mjrs it cost me to miss out on loot from 3 of them .lag is sooooo bad .

Bentu
07-25-2016, 07:22 PM
I've had no real issues on xbox although I've just critted on na server and can't get back on.

clubside
07-25-2016, 07:29 PM
I just critted too Bentu, my fourth since first logging on Xbox 360 (and doing the patch 3 times because of their programming error of treating patches as save files insetad of title updates). The second Rolling Blackout Major the enemies disappeared about halfway through then came back ten seconds later. Got first place and some blues for my trouble.

PS3 NA was unbelievably bad, critted out during Rolling Blackout Major, and it was the very first thing I went to after getting a Tarr Traxx crate by Bloodbath. Took two minutes for any enemies to be killable, just red indicator arrows and me getting killed three times, self-revive once, revived by someone I couldn't see the second, and critted as I was auto-extracted the third.

PC NA is fine except for the annoying Tarr contract indicators on the minimap. Because of the enemy variety most arkhunters disappear for the whole event unlike Midsummer Mutiny where they came and went throughout. One difference, loot disappears and you can miss it because the timer runs out as it finally reappears. Missed a purple drop because of this.

Bentu
07-25-2016, 07:45 PM
I just critted too Bentu, my fourth since first logging on Xbox 360 (and doing the patch 3 times because of their programming error of treating patches as save files insetad of title updates). The second Rolling Blackout Major the enemies disappeared about halfway through then came back ten seconds later. Got first place and some blues for my trouble.

PS3 NA was unbelievably bad, critted out during Rolling Blackout Major, and it was the very first thing I went to after getting a Tarr Traxx crate by Bloodbath. Took two minutes for any enemies to be killable, just red indicator arrows and me getting killed three times, self-revive once, revived by someone I couldn't see the second, and critted as I was auto-extracted the third.

PC NA is fine except for the annoying Tarr contract indicators on the minimap. Because of the enemy variety most arkhunters disappear for the whole event unlike Midsummer Mutiny where they came and went throughout. One difference, loot disappears and you can miss it because the timer runs out as it finally reappears. Missed a purple drop because of this.

Not played on ps3 yet so can't really comment but I'd bet there's a few that complain and their game could be improved somewhat if they were wired and not wifi.

While I was patching my xbox i was watching a guy on twitch streaming the pc and he had no issues at all from what I could see, no crits or freezes.
Oh i was watching twitch on my son's xbox.

Once I'd patched I jumped on the eu first and had a great time.
No complaints at all for the 2 to 3 hours I was on there.
Jumped on the na server and it was a bit different, enemies were lagging as in invisible but there's no rubber banding. But the ******s are back spawning vehicles and the titan truck.

Not much changes does it.

Chump Norris
07-25-2016, 07:48 PM
No better than they have been for me..

Ryu Soba JP
07-25-2016, 08:29 PM
PS3 NA, I got critical error twice during a Rolling blackout event. Even after relaunching the game enemies take a minute or two to spawn. Have to relaunch after two arkfalls or else nothing is visible during the arkfalls.
I have hard froze one time and I was doing nothing but sitting in my car in Silicon Valley.

clubside
07-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Not played on ps3 yet so can't really comment but I'd bet there's a few that complain and their game could be improved somewhat if they were wired and not wifi.

While I was patching my xbox i was watching a guy on twitch streaming the pc and he had no issues at all from what I could see, no crits or freezes.
Oh i was watching twitch on my son's xbox.

Once I'd patched I jumped on the eu first and had a great time.
No complaints at all for the 2 to 3 hours I was on there.
Jumped on the na server and it was a bit different, enemies were lagging as in invisible but there's no rubber banding. But the ******s are back spawning vehicles and the titan truck.

Not much changes does it.

I'm wired on all three so I think I'm a pretty good test subject with a 150/15 Xfinity connection on the same router lol

In all my time playing on PC I've only critted twice, once was obviously a server crash. It runs fine and the proxy memory slider letting us actually see other arkhunters' outfits is nice.

PS3 has always been the worst owing to the split memory architecture but this event was far worse than Midsummer Mutiny at least this very first major.

After my two-year hiatus I thought the Truck a-holes (Titantubbies) were mostly gone but I've seen them back obstructing sieges and arkfalls a few times. Guess you're right, not much changes!

Whispered at you after Smashing the Smugglers when I saw you on the results screen but hadn't seen you at the site!

Ryu Soba JP
07-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Just got another critical error while browsing my inventory. Went to exit the game to the xmb and hard locked. :/

Bentu
07-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Whispered at you after Smashing the Smugglers when I saw you on the results screen but hadn't seen you at the site!

Odd I've still got it to do, I went to do it and only just got in the front gate when a clannie put up a mjr in chat.
I've still got the damn thing to do.

PithHelmetIrath
07-26-2016, 05:35 AM
Stability seemed a lot better for me than it was during MM, my 360 only locked up once.. while chasing down a "Control Grid" minor down in Sillycrit Valley.

Ronin9572
07-26-2016, 12:10 PM
The lag was really bad last night. Had a hard freeze, 3 dc's and 3 server timed outs. So for me it wasn't any different other than the horrid lag!

Johnny Stranger
07-26-2016, 12:13 PM
The lag was really bad last night. Had a hard freeze, 3 dc's and 3 server timed outs. So for me it wasn't any different other than the horrid lag!

Yeah I can't see any enemies either I have to wait sometimes five minutes till after the arkfall just to see anything on the ground and purples are long gone

Skiller115
07-26-2016, 01:01 PM
Just downloading the patch notes was wondering how the stability improvements are ..
Thanks

Defiance is as stable as a Hydrogen-7 atom......

Ronin9572
07-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah I can't see any enemies either I have to wait sometimes five minutes till after the arkfall just to see anything on the ground and purples are long gone

That was happening to me as well. Also at several minors and conflicts in SV I would arrive at the spot aim and shoot at enemies only to get no score and than these would just end... I clearly saw the enemies and lined my sights up on them, so I'm guessing this was lag.

PithHelmetIrath
07-27-2016, 05:06 AM
Also at several minors and conflicts in SV I would arrive at the spot aim and shoot at enemies only to get no score and than these would just end... I clearly saw the enemies and lined my sights up on them, so I'm guessing this was lag.

Yeah, the lag was very real last night.. worse than it was the day before, that's for sure.

clubside
07-27-2016, 05:44 AM
The lag/disappearing enemies/inability to render enough items continues to plague the majors.

My bigger issue was after a great first day with majors not necessarily one after the other, but frequent, and minors also regular, neither appeared much yesterday. The minors are a tough one, they're over in a minute, so if we're to get the pursuit they really need to just keep spawning. I saw only two in hours on play on Xbox 360 NA yesterday morning/afternoon.

PithHelmetIrath
07-27-2016, 05:47 AM
Sounds like you were stuck in a lame shard, I stumbled upon a good number of major & minors while playing yesterday afternoon/evening..

Ronin9572
07-27-2016, 05:59 AM
Yeah, the lag was very real last night.. worse than it was the day before, that's for sure.

Last night the lag was bad but dc's and crits were even worse. The install of the exchange took a few hours, but the uninstall will take weeks? I know they are short staffed but they need to get this done ASAP! When is the next event coming? Ppl are saying there is one right afterm this? Enough with the cash grab and let's fix some issues, like yesterday!

PithHelmetIrath
07-27-2016, 06:16 AM
Last night the lag was bad but dc's and crits were even worse. The install of the exchange took a few hours, but the uninstall will take weeks? I know they are short staffed but they need to get this done ASAP! When is the next event coming? Ppl are saying there is one right afterm this? Enough with the cash grab and let's fix some issues, like yesterday!

Zero disconnects/crits for me yesterday, and only one disconnect/crit on Monday after I updated..

Definitely sounds odd.

Ronin9572
07-27-2016, 06:23 AM
Well good thing about it was I didn't have to log off after every major... I'm sure alot of my issue is probably my ISP and that my PS3 is not hard wired. But than I hear friends and clan mates having the same issues at the same time. I did have a nice shard last night though. Six minors in a row after a major followed by a major!

konstantinov
07-27-2016, 07:48 AM
Well good thing about it was I didn't have to log off after every major... I'm sure alot of my issue is probably my ISP and that my PS3 is not hard wired. But than I hear friends and clan mates having the same issues at the same time. I did have a nice shard last night though. Six minors in a row after a major followed by a major!

I play hardwired into my modem at 75mb and I still crash/hard freeze.

PithHelmetIrath
07-27-2016, 08:31 AM
I did have a nice shard last night though. Six minors in a row after a major followed by a major!

Sounds familiar, over on the Xbox servers I pretty much encountered the same frequency of RB spawns.. a welcome change from the infrequency of the MM spawns.

Ronin9572
07-27-2016, 09:30 AM
The lack of the multiple daily resets I'm sure is a big difference in the spawn rates and down times. I'll take it. Trion must have done something I'm guessing, thanks! Sure it's not perfect, but it is what it is.

Fallen_Aingeal
07-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Rubber-banding is gone, I think. Hard to tell when I can't see the enemies all the time. They phase in and out. Sure, plenty of red dots on the screen, but nothing in L.O.S. to shoot at.

When they do render, they die almost instantly.

I throw a bio nade in general direction of red dots and wait for the little bit of score to trickle. Then, I meander to the edge and watch tv til the event is over.

Only recourse I have...

Bentu
07-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Critted 4 times on xbox eu server this evening.

Johnny Gatt
07-27-2016, 07:00 PM
Today I had limited play time due to work, but was running xbox and ps3 at same time today for four hours. I had no issues on the na servers for either platform. After four hours I did dc on xbox, but that is actually pretty good considering all the shard hopping I was doing.

It is also day two without a hard freeze on my ps3 playing defiance. In three years of playing I do not recall ever going that long without getting at least one per day.