View Full Version : Insulator really lame

OneBadClown
07-27-2016, 09:00 PM
5% recharge a second damn slow. Got mine not approved
can't trade either.What a waste. At least Allegiance was
good.

Cygnus
07-27-2016, 09:04 PM
Ah, did you look at the capacity? Did you read that it boost while recharging? You might want to take another look.

OneBadClown
07-27-2016, 09:07 PM
All I know is during major I got killed real quick

Smokey Black
07-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Ah, did you look at the capacity? Did you read that it boost while recharging? You might want to take another look.

The capacity is on par with other ironclad rhino shields, it's just a charger with a shorter recharge delay and a slow overall recharge.

Cygnus
07-27-2016, 09:20 PM
I had to look it up, take 12% less damage while shield recharging. So the longer it takes to recharge, the longer youre taking less damage. So thats why the 5% recharge is good.

LilSaint
07-27-2016, 09:33 PM
I had to look it up, take 12% less damage while shield recharging. So the longer it takes to recharge, the longer youre taking less damage. So thats why the 5% recharge is good.

That's only when it starts recharging;if you get hit while it's recharging the damage reduction only applies to the first hit.Then you have to wait till it starts recharging again for the dmg reduction to come into affect again.

Ea Rapture
07-27-2016, 10:10 PM
That's only when it starts recharging;if you get hit while it's recharging the damage reduction only applies to the first hit.Then you have to wait till it starts recharging again for the dmg reduction to come into affect again.

This is why Charger type shields totally blow

Skiller115
07-27-2016, 10:16 PM

It, just like all other charger shields is useless. The damage reduction only applies to one source of damage, effectively one bullet. If it was around 50-75% damage reduction it would have been useful against expo bosses but 12% is nothing which makes it useless.

Bentu
07-27-2016, 10:23 PM
I seem to remember there being a picture of this with a capacity of around 29,000 while still being epic, I was hoping that once upgraded it would go to 30k+.

Obviously not.

Smokey Black
07-27-2016, 10:33 PM
I seem to remember there being a picture of this with a capacity of around 29,000 while still being epic, I was hoping that once upgraded it would go to 30k+.

Obviously not.

They took advice expressed by the lamest players thus rendering an OK item useless.

Bentu
07-27-2016, 11:59 PM
They took advice expressed by the lamest players thus rendering an OK item useless.

Yeah because when I saw it I instantly thought it was a substitute for the Piper Ironclad.

Smokey Black
07-28-2016, 05:35 AM
Yeah because when I saw it I instantly thought it was a substitute for the Piper Ironclad.

It had the cap of an exl shield which would of been about 7,000 capacity short of a piper shield. I don't get why it was changed exl shields are not locked behind any pay wall. They don't generate bit store sales from shields.

r1p
07-28-2016, 05:39 AM
It had the cap of an exl shield which would of been about 7,000 capacity short of a piper shield. I don't get why it was changed exl shields are not locked behind any pay wall. They don't generate bit store sales from shields.

I can tell you why in 3 words: waaah, PvP, waaah!

I could have done it with 1 word but this version is more accurate.

Logain
07-28-2016, 05:43 AM

Yep. It was from a player that does not know what the jek they are talking about. And they only have eyes on PVP. And no idea how the mechanics of the game works. But they are one of the biggest whiners in the game so there is that.

PS Pretty sure they are still looking for a Fire Rate mastery on their SMG.

konstantinov
07-28-2016, 05:48 AM
Yep. It was from a player that does not know what the jek they are talking about. And they only have eyes on PVP. And no idea how the mechanics of the game works. But they are one of the biggest whiners in the game so there is that.

PS Pretty sure they are still looking for a Fire Rate mastery on their SMG.

I want a fire rate mastery on my smgs.

Smokey Black
07-28-2016, 05:50 AM
I don't even believe it was all pvp based. I would wager that a few players holding exl shields got bad feels when they wouldn't be able to sell their "rare" shields for so many millions.

Logain
07-28-2016, 05:53 AM
I don't even believe it was all pvp based. I would wager that a few players holding exl shields got bad feels when they wouldn't be able to sell their "rare" shields for so many millions.

Possibly, but from what I read on the discussion of the Ion Insulator on the PTS thread it seemed like there were only PVP concerns.

Grandpa Ace
07-28-2016, 05:53 AM
The capacity is on par with other ironclad rhino shields, it's just a charger with a shorter recharge delay and a slow overall recharge.

True and a good point, however, they could have left the capacity the same as it was in PTS, viz., at T4 31k+. This would have made the shield more desirable and worth razing to the Supreme level.

NullWolf
07-28-2016, 05:54 AM
gotta keep that 20+ mil price tag on a FW/WW syn oj DH going strong

Sure it had/still has a nano resistance unlike the DH shields but in various ways it'd still wouldn't have been as good as a DH just due to the type of shield it is and its particular resistance. The big draw to it was its cap that rivaled the DHs but as others have noted that was nipped right in the bud thanks to the whines of a few

Ronin9572
07-28-2016, 06:46 AM
So another useless "JP" item, great! Soon as i saw this i was like wtf is this crap! Why does Trion only listen to the PvP whiners? The Allegiance was great, than we get this rubbish. Once again thanks for wasting our time!

konstantinov
07-28-2016, 07:01 AM
So another useless "JP" item, great! Why does Trion only listen to the PvP whiners? Once again thanks for wasting our time!

At least the re-balancing was prior to the event and not after. I can't imagine how many people would rage on the forums then.

Ronin9572
07-28-2016, 07:04 AM
At least the re-balancing was prior to the event and not after. I can't imagine how many people would rage on the forums then.

This is very true.

konstantinov
07-28-2016, 07:09 AM
This is very true.

In hindsight we all saw this coming from the moment they posted the pic of it with the extremely high cap.

Cygnus
07-28-2016, 07:32 AM
original post by konstantinov
in hindsight we all saw this coming from the moment they posted the pic of it with the extremely high cap.

Ok, now I know why I thought it had a higher cap. I recall it being 31,000 capacity but when I viewed it in my pursuits its only 29,000. Well cleared that up. I dont recall if named or jp shields have any hidden perks but I imagine no.

Smokey Black
07-28-2016, 07:33 AM
In hindsight we all saw this coming from the moment they posted the pic of it with the extremely high cap.

I could feel the rage from exl shield owners trying to figure out the t5/t6 cap before the final pics were posted.

r1p
07-28-2016, 08:06 AM
I want a fire rate mastery on my smgs.

I never understood why there wasn't a fire rate mag mod for SMG's and AR's.

Soul Binder
07-28-2016, 12:48 PM
I never understood why there wasn't a fire rate mag mod for SMG's and AR's.

Isn't that what the catalyst Injector is?

DeMoNofDEATH
07-28-2016, 02:00 PM

cap is nothing if you can't get the damn thing to recharge fast enough before you die though :)

WhiteStrike
07-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Isn't that what the catalyst Injector is?

No, the Catalyst Injector catalyses Nano reactions. By other words, it increases the Nano chance of the weapon.

Soul Binder
07-28-2016, 02:42 PM
No, the Catalyst Injector catalyses Nano reactions. By other words, it increases the Nano chance of the weapon.

Odd says it increases trigger %, doesn't say that's trigger % chance for nano. Guess I learn something new every day.

WhiteStrike
07-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Odd says it increases trigger %, doesn't say that's trigger % chance for nano. Guess I learn something new every day.

You mean you understood it as your character pressing the gun's trigger an extra +% times in a second?

Chump Norris
07-28-2016, 02:54 PM
This was going to be a nice little shield but like others said it got the shaft.

Make Ion Insulator great again!

Soul Binder
07-28-2016, 03:00 PM
You mean you understood it as your character pressing the gun's trigger an extra +% times in a second?

Something like that either for semi auto/burst fire weapons or to increase the fire rate on full auto. Never used them so had no real idea what they did.