PDA

View Full Version : The reason why RB arkfalls are NOT fun

tarmim
07-28-2016, 12:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PuOfXBU.jpg

Ryeno
07-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Because you bmg'd everyone? I know you were first but didn't get all the jackpots but this is nothing new. I think RB is very fun. I get to dodge red arrows and try to figure out which one an enemy might appear under. Also don't forget the searching for the player that needs revived part of it. Good times. But at least the Rolling Blueout is more entertaining than MM was. At least for me.

MasterProtector
07-28-2016, 12:43 PM
i like the fact we have an event that prevents a somewhat of an actual challenge in completion and doesnt end in 5 minutes, it actually appears more than mm did too, overall im finding this event better, still havent gotten an oj yet though, hit roughly 30 arkfalls so we will see

Nova_Force
07-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Totally disagree with the op. Great job on this event.

Kuroro
07-28-2016, 12:49 PM
i love the rain effect,its the best i have seen on this game

Soul Binder
07-28-2016, 12:51 PM
Yes getting repeatedly insta killed by invisible enemies is just a hoot, should make this a permanent addition to game like Lag and DCs.

tarmim
07-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Because you bmg'd everyone? I know you were first but didn't get all the jackpots but this is nothing new. I think RB is very fun. I get to dodge red arrows and try to figure out which one an enemy might appear under. Also don't forget the searching for the player that needs revived part of it. Good times. But at least the Rolling Blueout is more entertaining than MM was. At least for me.

I Used a black cat to kill the forges...

tarmim
07-28-2016, 12:55 PM
And idc if i get blues but for me an event isn't fun if you can't get decent amount of af/keys/score...

Ryeno
07-28-2016, 01:00 PM
And idc if i get blues but for me an event isn't fun if you can't get decent amount of af/keys/score...

I was just busting chops, sorry if I offended you. I look at it in a totally different way though. I have fun playing this event and I don't expect to get anything. I usually don't even know what I got until I go to sell everything to the vendor. Playing this event is fun. Playing MM not so much. The stuff at the end (drops, af, keys) is a game issue that exists in everything we do. As for a fun event though, I think this qualifies.

tarmim
07-28-2016, 01:13 PM
I was just busting chops, sorry if I offended you. I look at it in a totally different way though. I have fun playing this event and I don't expect to get anything. I usually don't even know what I got until I go to sell everything to the vendor. Playing this event is fun. Playing MM not so much. The stuff at the end (drops, af, keys) is a game issue that exists in everything we do. As for a fun event though, I think this qualifies.

It's cool . I personally like events such as HH and CC where you can get high scores by just shooting things...

DeMoNofDEATH
07-28-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm actully liking this event, lots of arkfalls, lots of action, good difficulty level at the arkfalls. I'd say RB is a success.

MM seemed tedious and not enjoyable for me, lack of ennemies to kill etc...

I just played SW during the whole MM event.

NullWolf
07-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Can't run the score up as high as say in CC and HH but from what I've seen and done its easily comparable to the SS, score wise.

One big problem about MM was that no matter what you did it was short of impossible to make any decent score for af/keys and just tediously easy

Bentu
07-28-2016, 07:41 PM
This is one of the better event arkfalls yet, it's just a shame about the weapons and syn.
I not over board about them but some like them.

Sir Dan
07-28-2016, 08:23 PM
The variety of mobs is a great idea, but the event is let down by the jackpots and synergy.

Arondos
07-28-2016, 08:26 PM
The "improvements" to the weekly rewards. BLECH. Really? All week to get two tier 4 and two tier three mods. But then again for the mods to be useful there would have to be something dropping to put them in. Entire clan has not seen a jack pot drop. Is this the new standard, no weapons drops buy some crates?

Johnny Gatt
07-29-2016, 02:10 AM
I am having fun this event. As for the bmgers..... well, I have a little trick I do at every major. For every shooter there is probably 10 or more guys there to heal that shooter with bmg. If the arkfall is not too overcrowded and you can still see purple dots, wait until there are lots of enemies then stop shooting for a little while. You should see a few dozen purple crosses.

PithHelmetIrath
07-29-2016, 04:53 AM
While I think this event is more fun than MM ever was, the payouts could be just a little more enticing..

37 kills, 4 keys, 1 AF, 538 scrip

Smokey Black
07-29-2016, 04:59 AM
I am also having a good time playing RB finals. The enemies at threat level 11 down me often if I aggrivate to many at once. Also there seems to be more stuff to hide behind and you need it with 5 forges all shooting at you. Also dig the lightning and rain. I get that even if you show up early you can only get 70/80k score for not much keys/forge. This event is a step in the right direction hopefully they can continue this stuff in the future.

KptBomba
07-30-2016, 02:59 AM
chip puller from weekly crate WTF? :mad:

Chump Norris
07-30-2016, 03:10 AM
I find the event itself to be pretty neat but my feeling towards decisions taken lately have me not wanting to play..

I got my "nerfed" Ion they say wont be buffed like it should be so I'm pretty much done with RB.

I would be playing the **** out of this event with Patron just to get AF to T6 the Ion we were originally shown..

tarmim
07-30-2016, 03:28 AM
chip puller from weekly crate WTF? :mad:

Sounds like someone has never bought a store lockbox

KptBomba
07-30-2016, 04:03 AM
i dont waste $$$

Sevrin
07-30-2016, 08:11 AM
I like the RB arkfalls themselves -- playing in the rain, facing a good variety of mobs and getting pawned by four bullworks at once, lol. But the JPs and pursuit shield not so much and the score rewards are terrible. So overall a B- (compared to an D for MM). Like has been said, this is a step in right direction but could be notched up a bit.

Lamar Kendrick
07-30-2016, 11:49 AM
i do it for the keys since i wanna pull a karma

when those forge appears it's automatic i'll be using wolfhound variants (bio vbi eec wc on sachi, dc5 on megumi, eec wildcat or liberty on lamar and order or miasma on imbue)

more blues though than the last event imo (mm 2016 is my best event based on what i got). first week of mm i get some decent t4 mods but rb is bluesfest hoping 2nd week will be better

EDIT: also i love whole dark vibe with rain effects. should be in the game more often like silent hill

Squint_421
08-01-2016, 01:14 AM
As for bmgs heres another trick....... Spam protection spikes and use heal stims......... Also its very easy to beat any bmg score. Just use a good Infector that spawns alot of bugs like DC-10 or Predator along with a high crit weapon for the Forge or a Blast Rifle. From what i've seen so far the RnG is much better. 11 OJs, a ton of nicely rolled T4 guns, more T4 mods than T3s & to top it all you get T4 mod & gun drops on the ground XD The syn is sctually nice imo. Great for shielded pve enemies. Heaven Sent? :) They do need to do a bit of work on the invisible enemies & the invisible diggers that enemies spawn from though.

Kuroro
08-01-2016, 01:21 AM
i do it for the keys since i wanna pull a karma

when those forge appears it's automatic i'll be using wolfhound variants (bio vbi eec wc on sachi, dc5 on megumi, eec wildcat or liberty on lamar and order or miasma on imbue)

more blues though than the last event imo (mm 2016 is my best event based on what i got). first week of mm i get some decent t4 mods but rb is bluesfest hoping 2nd week will be better

EDIT: also i love whole dark vibe with rain effects. should be in the game more often like silent hill

i got a karma yesterday,im im trying to trade mods for the rolling thunder ar mods.iŽll give it a go but i think iŽll end trading it

NullWolf
08-01-2016, 01:51 AM
As far as scoring and such goes for RB events I've found a good bio thunder lmg like Tombstone paired with either a good high criting wolfhound or blaster can easily put me in the top 4 just from the final event a good percentage of the time.

Wolfhounds do fantastic dmg with overcharge + a dmg spike to forge eyes but seems it does so much dmg it cuts the amount of score you can milk from em with a blaster and overcharge to the eye by a fair amount.

With the thunder lmgs they give you a fair bit of space to dmg the enemies to the full extent so you don't have to get in as close to the swarms of bulwarks, forges, and lungs.
Also with their mags being so large and so much ammo on the ground you don't have to make frequent trips to an ammo box to get refills.

Just wish something could be done about the invisible ships coming out of the ground that block the line of fire so often

Tanqueray
08-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Im having fun playing these majors, would prefer a different way to spawn the 99ers tho, all their digger things show up and it gets laggy, im fine during the bulwark stage and forge stage is ok, but the choppiness is noticable during the 99ers part.

Canobis
08-01-2016, 02:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/PuOfXBU.jpg

Why does everyone suddenly think that first place guarantees you of a jp, let alone some other nice gift? it's random, always has been. you have just as much chance as getting a jp as a last place player as the first place player does.

I've been to as many major RB's as I can, lost count as to how many. and haven't gotten a jp. even bought some crates and haven't gotten a jp. but that does not mean the even is not fun or bad. it just means i'm not lucky this time.

Stop feeling entitled because of the broken scoreboard.

Average Joe
08-01-2016, 02:33 AM
Why does everyone suddenly think that first place guarantees you of a jp, let alone some other nice gift? it's random, always has been. you have just as much chance as getting a jp as a last place player as the first place player does.

I've been to as many major RB's as I can, lost count as to how many. and haven't gotten a jp. even bought some crates and haven't gotten a jp. but that does not mean the even is not fun or bad. it just means i'm not lucky this time.

Stop feeling entitled because of the broken scoreboard.

https://i.imgur.com/aFgNaRu.gif

Lmao were you actually serious writing all that nonsense? Op never said anything about jp drop rates and absolutely no one cares how many RB arkfalls you've been to. Your post is totally irrelevant and maybe even offensive to OP.

Calm like a Bomb
08-01-2016, 11:54 AM
RB, to me, has been a blast. Good times chasing AF's with friends and clan mates, even when you get 256 kills 0 deaths 3 revives 150k plus score and are rewarded with a t4 nanoless pistol and t3 scatter scope.

Soul Binder
08-01-2016, 03:35 PM
So just curious why the Bullworks are impervious to both hard resets and the electric boogie. MM where they were the sole featured heavyweights they could be reset with crits and made to dance with electric. Now when they are just part of an insanely crowded field where Electric Nano was supposed to be featured they are immune to both and the early stages of major finals has them rampaging arround the field. All the other enemies can be put into the electric boogie which helps keep finals manageable but those Bullworks are just a royal pain currently.

Chump Norris
08-01-2016, 03:41 PM
The ones with many BMG users that last till there are like 9mins left are the good ones :)

Chump Norris
08-01-2016, 03:46 PM
This is one of the better event arkfalls yet, it's just a shame about the weapons and syn.
I not over board about them but some like them.

This plus the shield nerf is really all that disappointed me, the mjr AF itself is indeed one of the better ones imo.

Smokey Black
08-01-2016, 03:46 PM
So just curious why the Bullworks are impervious to both hard resets and the electric boogie. MM where they were the sole featured heavyweights they could be reset with crits and made to dance with electric. Now when they are just part of an insanely crowded field where Electric Nano was supposed to be featured they are immune to both and the early stages of major finals has them rampaging arround the field. All the other enemies can be put into the electric boogie which helps keep finals manageable but those Bullworks are just a royal pain currently.

I have pondered this also. Add to this they can hit you from all away across the major there's no place to run or hide.

Soul Binder
08-01-2016, 07:25 PM
I have pondered this also. Add to this they can hit you from all away across the major there's no place to run or hide.

Exactly!
Was seriously ticked off to point of exiting game for afternoon earlier today.
Toon I was playing is E3450, I was running with my Valor and a Purple IC PS-30 with Syphon I'm using to get to level 20 in pump shotguns. Have a Purple Rhyno Regen shield. Would drop if lucky a dozen rounds from Valor on a Bullwork and then go down in a mass onslaught. At one point I went down and my screen was filled by Bullworks still firing and stomping on my downed toon until the extraction timer ran out. I was like really I'm that big of a threat that they just surround me and keep blasting my lifeless corpse? Would hate to see what they'd have done if I'd been using my Allegiance and Bio ST BR :p

Bentu
08-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Exactly!
Toon I was playing is E3450, I was running with my Valor and a Purple IC PS-30 with Syphon I'm using to get to level 20 in pump shotguns. Have a Purple Rhyno Regen shield. Would drop if lucky a dozen rounds from Valor on a Bullwork and then go down in a mass onslaught. At one point I went down and my screen was filled by Bullworks still firing and stomping on my downed toon until the extraction timer ran out. I was like really I'm that big of a threat that they just surround me and keep blasting my lifeless corpse? Would hate to see what they'd have done if I'd been using my Allegiance and Bio ST BR :p

Hope you learned a valuable lesson there.

Don't shoot first. :D

tarmim II
08-02-2016, 01:36 AM
Exactly!

Shoot the big scrappers crit spots to level weapons faster

Bentu
08-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Shoot the big scrappers crit spots to level weapons faster

They're called Forge.

MasterProtector
08-02-2016, 07:41 AM
roughly 100+ arkfalls not 1 oj yet. we will see

Ronin9572
08-03-2016, 05:26 AM
roughly 100+ arkfalls not 1 oj yet. we will see

I haven't done that many yet, bout at the 50 mark though. Ive gotten 2 OJ pistols, both nanoless and a OJ Sentry rifle with syphon nano and horrid rolls. Only weapons in this pool I'm remotely interested in is semi auto sniper,nomad, and pistols, the rest are rubbish!

Bella Arksbane
08-03-2016, 01:24 PM
I like it, but then again I just started playing lol

Bentu
08-03-2016, 01:50 PM

We all do it's just the negative remarks you see here and there are down to sheer frustration at many things that need addressing.

Ronin9572
08-03-2016, 03:16 PM

Welcome to Defiance and the forums! Don't mind alot of us,we've been here for awhile and have different frustration issues and ways to deal with it! The game is coming up on 3 1/2 years soon and it's been F2P for 2 yrs now. Still a lot of day 1 players and pre F2P ppl to. Most of us just grin and bear it and keep playing. Good luck!

Bella Arksbane
08-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Welcome to Defiance and the forums! Don't mind alot of us,we've been here for awhile and have different frustration issues and ways to deal with it! The game is coming up on 3 1/2 years soon and it's been F2P for 2 yrs now. Still a lot of day 1 players and pre F2P ppl to. Most of us just grin and bear it and keep playing. Good luck!

Thanks! I could not play this as F2P, I gave that up day 2 lol. The small limited inventory had me bashing my head hah. Picked up that evolved Arkhunter pack and 10 bucks in bits. It helped quite a bit and 30 down on an open world game is great t0 me...they pulled a slick one though adding in that patron pass for 15 days, I'm sure i'll be buying more of them each mnth

doctordabs
08-04-2016, 07:06 AM
Totally disagree with the op. Great job on this event.

yea the rain turning purple and blinding us, the HORRIBLE rng, and non-stop shotguns... yea.. ggggggggggreat job.. *eye rolls*

Calm like a Bomb
08-04-2016, 07:40 AM
yea the rain turning purple and blinding us, the HORRIBLE rng, and non-stop shotguns... yea.. ggggggggggreat job.. *eye rolls*

I love the rain and fog effects & have no issues being blinded by them, must be a PC thing or you just may need to lay off on the dabbing. The RNG is working as intended, nothing new there, you should be use to it by now. What's your beef with shotguns? I whoop much *** with my shotgun during these af's. Be careful about rolling your eyes, they might get stuck.

Nova_Force
08-04-2016, 08:22 AM

I see no problem with the rain. You seem to not enjoy playing much anymore and perhaps time to find something else to do with your time. RNG is what it is so...whatever. BTW you really should get that eye condition checked by a physician or quit trolling which ever you prefer.

PithHelmetIrath
08-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Looks more like popcorn falling from the sky, but that's just me..

Fallen_Aingeal
08-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I haven't logged as many hours with this event as others {last event I logged even less}.

I've pulled a Mass Driver and a Polarity. Both are decent with outrageous crit hits n the forge eye.

No other oj's.

Fair event...

clubside
08-04-2016, 02:27 PM
I haven't logged as many hours with this event as others {last event I logged even less}.

I've pulled a Mass Driver and a Polarity. Both are decent with outrageous crit hits n the forge eye.

No other oj's.

Fair event...

It's always relative, isn't it? I haven't pulled an oj much less a jackpot across nine characters and three platforms despite doing at least 200 majors (got the pursuit on two characters, getting minors is tough so I've given up on the others).

I really like the mix of baddies but with the PC even experiencing the disappearing enemy issue, the consoles have it rough particularly the PS3. The funniest bit is seeing a purple drop, running for it, it disappears, three enemies appear in that spot, you roll backward, they disappear and a grenade appears in that spot. Whatever rendering priority system is going on seems to be plagued by RNG as well lol

Cobra Crusher
08-05-2016, 12:18 AM
The drop rate for this event is awful. Last event t4s were plentiful. Now it's blues galore. It's sad when i pick up better stuff off the ground than i get for a reward. And what's with so many nanoless guns? Every gun should have a nano. Make a no nano converter for the 1% of people that like nanoless guns.

Canobis
08-14-2016, 09:33 AM
What's your problem? Why you gotta run around being a ****** bag for? i don't give a flying rats *** what you feel is irrelevant? Your post is completely off topic, irrelevant, offensive and not needed. talk about hostility, go troll somewhere else. keep being a negative nancy by yourself. nobody cares about your opinion.
good day sirr.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

https://i.imgur.com/aFgNaRu.gif

Lmao were you actually serious writing all that nonsense? Op never said anything about jp drop rates and absolutely no one cares how many RB arkfalls you've been to. Your post is totally irrelevant and maybe even offensive to OP.

MataC
08-14-2016, 10:05 AM
The drop rate for this event is awful. Last event t4s were plentiful. Now it's blues galore. It's sad when i pick up better stuff off the ground than i get for a reward. And what's with so many nanoless guns? Every gun should have a nano. Make a no nano converter for the 1% of people that like nanoless guns.

I hate complaining, but I have to agree, your post is spot on.
Personally, I don't care that much if I get a jp or not (ofc I want it), but to get purple from all three weeklies and constant blues (pun intended) from majors, that's just absurd.
Don't the devs understand that the more good t4s we have, the more arkforge we will spend? Blues are completely useless.

To finish 100 or 200 majors with no good weapon or even an orange...

My idea is to either make "difficult" pursuits that award guaranteed weapons or increase drop rate.
It's simple as that, isn't it? Maybe I'm missing something...

Mrdr
08-14-2016, 10:26 AM
I personally think this event has been the most fun of any event since last year. I'm over the bad drops...I don't expect anything at all so if I do get something decent (so far just purples and blues) then I'm surprised. The arkfalls themselves are the most challenging yet. With all the enemies and different types it makes it much more interesting. All other events have the same old things I get and over until it ends. This one has waves of different enemies and though the waves are always the same, the enemies are not as predictable.

For instance, you're running around trying to kill the "elites" and so in Ed in getting those crits that you're not paying attention to the little drones that will know do you back and take out your hud...or when you're avoiding those drones and still managing crit shots only to get shot by a 99er from 50 meters away...or when you're trying to take out a clown and a dude comes outta nowhere to swing his rifle at your head and make you lose focus while a bulwark comes over to curb stomp you...it's awesome! Finally an arkfall that is chaotic and frenzied. The enemies aren't that hard really but their sheer numbers and diversity are what make it hard. I think it would be cool if a last wave had all 4 elites coming out of the woodwork at once...it would be chaos in every direction!

So far I'd say this one is the most fun in a long time. Sure the drops aren't great but they haven't been in almost a year. At least I don't mind getting nothing at the end because the fire fight was fun enough for me.

Ronin9572
08-14-2016, 10:59 AM
I totally agree with you. The AF's have been a blast! I can't remember dying so much. Seriously I don't remember the last time I died at any of the events recently. The drops are a joke, but I knew I wouldn't be keeping many guns from this event. Pool was useless to me, with weapons available and the syn. I'm used to the crappy drops and lack of getting anything good, but the event has been fun!

ScottTravis88
08-14-2016, 11:36 AM
I just don't like that all I get are pistols and snipers, I hate not getting a single br or smg and I haven't seen a oj once during this or mm, which is disappointing, they could atleast drop A piece of junk. then I couldn't complain lolz. im one major arkfall from the ion insulator, but I got a fully t4'd sniper so its not so bad. ive gotten to actually experience a event that doesn't end before I get to it through the lag so I like that its a longer event when its up, but for almost two days I didn't see a single major arkfall and I played for 3 hours at a time. oh well.

ScottTravis88
08-14-2016, 11:39 AM
I personally think this event has been the most fun of any event since last year. I'm over the bad drops...I don't expect anything at all so if I do get something decent (so far just purples and blues) then I'm surprised. The arkfalls themselves are the most challenging yet. With all the enemies and different types it makes it much more interesting. All other events have the same old things I get and over until it ends. This one has waves of different enemies and though the waves are always the same, the enemies are not as predictable.

For instance, you're running around trying to kill the "elites" and so in Ed in getting those crits that you're not paying attention to the little drones that will know do you back and take out your hud...or when you're avoiding those drones and still managing crit shots only to get shot by a 99er from 50 meters away...or when you're trying to take out a clown and a dude comes outta nowhere to swing his rifle at your head and make you lose focus while a bulwark comes over to curb stomp you...it's awesome! Finally an arkfall that is chaotic and frenzied. The enemies aren't that hard really but their sheer numbers and diversity are what make it hard. I think it would be cool if a last wave had all 4 elites coming out of the woodwork at once...it would be chaos in every direction!

So far I'd say this one is the most fun in a long time. Sure the drops aren't great but they haven't been in almost a year. At least I don't mind getting nothing at the end because the fire fight was fun enough for me.

I agree and if they added a bonus wave near the end of the event where all the elites come out in swarms to over whelm everyone and give us a good run for our money.

Mrdr
08-14-2016, 01:15 PM
I agree and if they added a bonus wave near the end of the event where all the elites come out in swarms to over whelm everyone and give us a good run for our money.

Exactly what I meant...a final wave of all the elite types in full swarm...intense!

tarmim
08-14-2016, 02:50 PM
What's your problem? Why you gotta run around being a ****** bag for? i don't give a flying rats *** what you feel is irrelevant? Your post is completely off topic, irrelevant, offensive and not needed. talk about hostility, go troll somewhere else. keep being a negative nancy by yourself. nobody cares about your opinion.
good day sirr.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Another newbie raging.