PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice on Interactive Game World Map

clubside
07-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Howdy All!

I'm still not ready to announce much less unveil the new addition to Hulker Cafe I've been working on for the last two months but I'm seeking suggestions for one component:

http://hulkercafe.com/guide/map/

I plan on certain obvious things:
Mission locations
Data Recorder locations
Bridge locations
Crossing the bridges route
Getting to all Fast Travel locations route (still working on the most efficient path, advice welcome)
Get to all pursuit locations route
Common Arkfall locations
Incursion paths and locations

Any other ideas?

P.S. Yes, I know there is awful banding. The ridiculous animated background and garish gradient applied to the entire screen makes capturing a clean version impossible. There are also rendering issues at 2560x1440 such as clipped text and uneven grid lines but it was the only available resolution to capture clean 512x512 blocks at once, and with a 20x24 grid that was already enough work lol. I do have a clean-up solution but it will come later.

PithHelmetIrath
07-28-2016, 12:36 PM
That link isn't working for me, sorry.

clubside
07-28-2016, 01:04 PM
I forgot I was rebooting the server as I posted it d'oh should work now!

Verga DeFuego
07-29-2016, 04:09 PM
How about locations for hidden vendors and known spawn points for Tarr Traxx crates?

tarmim
07-29-2016, 04:20 PM
How about locations for hidden vendors and known spawn points for Tarr Traxx crates?

If you've played more than a couple months you should know those already

clubside
07-29-2016, 04:34 PM

Definitely! I've been capturing the Defiant Few and Tar Traxx Crate locations, I have the three secret vendors, and been trying to catch as many spawn locations for Vendor Ambush as I could though that Emergency offers no special items like the special vendors.

I understand most of this will be old hat tarmin, but the goal of this project is to reach out to new and prospective players. Hopefully things will be clearer once I get the announcement together for Monday.

Bentu
07-29-2016, 05:15 PM
You could also add spawn points of the Mark of the day, Defiant Few.

I know Etaew has done a lot of this already but couldn't you collaborate with him or contact Trion for materials.

Verga DeFuego
07-29-2016, 05:36 PM
If you've played more than a couple months you should know those already

You're probably right. I've only been playing for 2 months :)

BTW: Best of luck clubside. Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.

Keeper Riff
07-30-2016, 02:44 AM
I'd suggest a coordinate layer so that I could make a right-click on any place and get in-game coordinates of the location (and preferably in a copy-paste friendly form). I'll also suggest the ability to script the map position, its zoom level and maybe a custom marker position into the page's url. for example, I'd like to copy the url which looks like that:

/guide/map?px=263&py=1067&z=5&marker1x=250&marker1y=1005

So I could share the link with someone to show the exact location of something I want to show them.

tarmim
07-30-2016, 07:18 AM
You're probably right. I've only been playing for 2 months :)

BTW: Best of luck clubside. Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.

Look up combo breaker's video on secret vendors. tarr crates spawn near fast travel points