PDA

View Full Version : Where everyone go PS3 NA??

Ryu Soba JP
07-29-2016, 04:56 PM
I have at least 20 people on my friends list that play Defiance and not a single person is online. I've been noticing all week the normal Defiance players haven't been in game either. Where all of you go?
I guess everyone is either burnt out on grinding event arkfalls or the staff changes for Defiance really sent a quake throughout the game. I know a lot of people have next gen consoles now but really?
It's a ghost town with noobs left over from the Dust514 closure.

Skiller115
07-29-2016, 05:03 PM
I have at least 20 people on my friends list that play Defiance and not a single person is online. I've been noticing all week the normal Defiance players haven't been in game either. Where all of you go?
I guess everyone is either burnt out on grinding event arkfalls or the staff changes for Defiance really sent a quake throughout the game. I know a lot of people have next gen consoles now but really?

Yeah PS3 isn't alone either on Xbox my clan and zone has been quiet

NullWolf
07-29-2016, 05:10 PM
3 weeks of MM followed now by 3 weeks of RB is a big burnout for players.

Probably ain't helping with all the problems that persisted through the MM event and the exchange closing.

Ronin9572
07-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Lol I thought it was just my friends list on PS3 NA. But your right there's only a few regulars I see at events. Probably a combo of weeks of event grinds,all the server stability issues and the crappy choice of weapons and the pursuit shield debacle. I'm just hoping there will be a few weeks off after the RB before the next event.

Bentu
07-29-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm down to about 5 friends or so depending on the time of day, used to be 4x that easy at any given time.

NullWolf
07-29-2016, 05:28 PM
The choice of weapons could have been better but I can understand giving all the various weapon subtypes new event releases every now an again.
Mass Driver and Volt Relay are good and with the buff to sluggers Discharge Amplifers aren't useless now.

On the plus side its only up from here on the inevitable radiation and bio events

Smokey Black
07-29-2016, 05:34 PM
On the plus side its only up from here on the inevitable radiation and bio events

Next one will be Syphon(with some changes) and I wouldn't doubt out a new nano introduced before they do a rad or bio event.

@ OP I was standing around the fork surrounded by 6k egos today and after inspecting them I realized nobody had a persuit rating above 1500 :o

Johnny Stranger
07-29-2016, 05:37 PM
Next one will be Syphon(with some changes) and I wouldn't doubt out a new nano introduced before they do a rad or bio event.

@ OP I was standing around the fork surrounded by 6k egos today and after inspecting them I realized nobody had a persuit rating above 1500 :o
I'm not even sure what mine is LOL btw , I'm camping till Tuesday , no PS3 :)

Ronin9572
07-29-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm not even sure what mine is LOL btw , I'm camping till Tuesday , no PS3 :)

Sounds like a good time. Hope you have a great time!

Bentu
07-29-2016, 05:45 PM

I know one guy on the xbox eu server who's at 2,000.

Fallen_Aingeal
07-29-2016, 05:49 PM
Later in the evening, I notice more activity.

At least a dozen friends online and clan is packed [due to massive recruiting drive, as of late]

Still haven't snagged the Inner Circle for 15 clan at an arkfall...Odd.

Ronin9572
07-29-2016, 05:50 PM
The choice of weapons could have been better but I can understand giving all the various weapon subtypes new event releases every now an again.
Mass Driver and Volt Relay are good and with the buff to sluggers Discharge Amplifers aren't useless now.

Only one I'm interested in is the Mass driver, maybe the Polarity diode (hate to say it) and just maybe the Circuit breaker. Doubt the Mass driver will replace any of my Sov SS2's though!

konstantinov
07-29-2016, 05:56 PM
I'll hop on for some LOLs.

Chump Norris
07-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Been playing Destiny and may pop over to see what they've done with The Division..

I'm tired of feeling I care more about Defiance than Trion so i'll just let them go on as they please.

I do want the Ion Shield but since the nerf it doesn't seem worth chasing minors all over just to see them end.

konstantinov
07-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Been playing Destiny and may pop over to see what they've done with The Division..

I'm tired of feeling I care more about Defiance than Trion so i'll just let them go on as they please.

I do want the Ion Shield but since the nerf it doesn't seem worth chasing minors all over just to see them end.

I thoroughly enjoy trolling Frost P BPs in trade chat on Warframe. Apparently, people don't know what "PM offer ONLY" means.

Chump Norris
07-29-2016, 06:11 PM
I thoroughly enjoy trolling Frost P BPs in trade chat on Warframe. Apparently, people don't know what "PM offer ONLY" means.

I've been meaning to download that because I heard it was free, the only thing stopping me is people say it's "hard"...now I don't mind playing a hard game but I tend to play inebriated and if it's to hard I'm just a burden to my team.

konstantinov
07-29-2016, 06:16 PM
I've been meaning to download that because I heard it was free, the only thing stopping me is people say it's "hard"...now I don't mind playing a hard game but I tend to play inebriated and if it's to hard I'm just a burden to my team.

I'm max rank on Warframe man, I can carry you no worries.

Chump Norris
07-29-2016, 06:40 PM

Sounds good, after my Destiny phase wears off again it doesn't seem like Division would be fun to switch to.

konstantinov
07-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Sounds good, after my Destiny phase wears off again it doesn't seem like Division would be fun to switch to.

I'd wait to see how Destiny 2.0 turns out.

Ryu Soba JP
07-29-2016, 07:15 PM
I'll hop on for some LOLs.

If by LOLs you mean high ego players asking noobish questions then there are plenty.

Ryu Soba JP
07-29-2016, 07:19 PM
I think my main toon is 1900. I've seen a lot of players who cupcaked their way to 6,000 ego since they removed the xp cap.

Moskyrath
07-29-2016, 09:48 PM
Only one I'm interested in is the Mass driver, maybe the Polarity diode (hate to say it) and just maybe the Circuit breaker. Doubt the Mass driver will replace any of my Sov SS2's though!

Youll love the Polarity Diode. Pulled one slapped a t4 crit barrel on it did the electric perks and 2 crit perks and poof im getting around 800k-1mil crit damage on the forges. With overcharge and a damage spike im getting 2mil dmg crit.

Ea Rapture
07-29-2016, 11:28 PM

This is the truth, I remember the one game I played with Meaty, he did all the work.

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. And the menus in that game are so confusing to me. I've probably only put about an hour into the game. Ended up deleting it.

I'm waiting for No Man's Sky on Aug 9th.

Think I'm done with Defiance though. I don't think there's much else to chase. I don't even go to the event arks, just sit and talk, maybe.

Bentu
07-30-2016, 01:00 AM
I'd wait to see how Destiny 2.0 turns out.

Personally I'm waiting for Borderlands 3, if they can stick to the formula that made the first one great you won't see me for dust.

Chump Norris
07-30-2016, 01:10 AM
Personally I'm waiting for Borderlands 3, if they can stick to the formula that made the first one great you won't see me for dust.

I know this is going to make me a weirdo because I spent so much time with Borderlands 1 and 2 but I didn't like the pre sequel..

Keeping my hopes up Borderlands 3 sucks me back in.

Ronin9572
07-30-2016, 04:07 AM
Youll love the Polarity Diode. Pulled one slapped a t4 crit barrel on it did the electric perks and 2 crit perks and poof im getting around 800k-1mil crit damage on the forges. With overcharge and a damage spike im getting 2mil dmg crit.

Wow, nice to hear! But knowing my luck I'll never see one. I probably won't even get the OJ version. Oh well that's my RNG, lol

Tauriiel
07-30-2016, 04:15 AM

I'm at 1950. Just have expo left to complete. :') Which will be fun, considering hunting for those friggin gear chests in HS is akin to finding a needle in a damn haystack.

konstantinov
07-30-2016, 04:48 AM
I know this is going to make me a weirdo because I spent so much time with Borderlands 1 and 2 but I didn't like the pre sequel..

Keeping my hopes up Borderlands 3 sucks me back in.

I heard the pre sequel was trash so I didn't even bother. BL2 was awesome before it got hacked to death. Regardless, you know how to find me should you venture into Warframe.

PS- I was in game last night and I had probably 15+ people on and the few times I TP'd before getting the boot I didn't find one major. Most of the phases I was in were dead as well.

Ea Rapture
07-30-2016, 06:18 AM
I heard the pre sequel was trash so I didn't even bother. BL2 was awesome before it got hacked to death. Regardless, you know how to find me should you venture into Warframe.

PS- I was in game last night and I had probably 15+ people on and the few times I TP'd before getting the boot I didn't find one major. Most of the phases I was in were dead as well.

There's not much reason to play anymore. I need a new game, which is why I keep logging on. Lol

Grandpa Ace
07-30-2016, 06:19 AM

It is my opinion that it is because of Arkfall Event overload.. We all just finished four weeks of Mid-Summer Mutiny only to roll into Rolling Blackout, and as such--BURNOUT!!

While the thought of keeping things fresh and alive, and always giving us something to pursue, or do, or chase, is an EXCELLENT IDEA, it came a little to fast THIS TIME. Top that with the continuation of Threat Level 11 (Totally unnecessary), & the LOW RNG rate, and there you have it--OVERLOAD.. The Event overall is not bad though--it challenges (even with the lag and phasing issues--I think just to much going on at one time), better ground drops, to include epic's, and a chance at Legendary weapons or mods in the Weekly Bounty; however, the RNG Jackpot/Bounty drop rate is still way to low and the weapons themselves are truly not collection or use worthy. Not to mention the Shield should have been kept at the higher capacity as seen on the PTS page.

Otherwise, I believe the Defiance Team is headed in the right direction and are trying to give us--the players--and Defiance in general, a positive future.

So there are some of the pros and cons and the reasons for the lack of players--simply, OVERLOAD. Just an opinion :)

V/R
GPA

PS, lets not forget the loss of the Exchange. Hopefully the team will be able to correct/address and block the hacking/instability issues and bring back one of the BEST ideas they had.

Bentu
07-30-2016, 06:54 AM
Let's just put it this way and I say it without any kind of entitlement idiosyncrasies.

If the jps were dropping as much as the rain at the major event arkfalls the servers would be packed.

konstantinov
07-30-2016, 01:05 PM
Let's just put it this way and I say it without any kind of entitlement idiosyncrasies.

If the jps were dropping as much as the rain at the major event arkfalls the servers would be packed.

Then they wouldn't be JPs though.

Bentu
07-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Then they wouldn't be JPs though.

What's in a name and it's only worth the name if it's sought after.
To be honest imo most just want them because they're a named weapon and not because it's supposed to be the apex of that weapon tree.

Fisherman Joe
07-30-2016, 01:28 PM
I've got friends MIA as well and I believe it is a combination of not liking the jackpot selection/event nano and being burnt out of event grinding. I still run the events some because I give everything I get away.

Ea Rapture
07-30-2016, 01:31 PM
What's in a name and it's only worth the name if it's sought after.
To be honest imo most just want them because they're a named weapon and not because it's supposed to be the apex of that weapon tree.

95% of players these days don't realize most JPs are utter garbage. There's maybe 5-10 that are really worth keeping.

Bentu
07-30-2016, 01:43 PM
95% of players these days don't realize most JPs are utter garbage. There's maybe 5-10 that are really worth keeping.

Which is exactly why everyone used to do DM arkfalls/seiges and incursions, the odds were with you for getting an oj and more often than not it was crap but because it was oj everyone was happy.
They felt they'd achieved something by getting a oj reward, the fact that the majority of the time it was crap was neither here nor there but they were happy and happy players played the game and spent money.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
07-30-2016, 05:28 PM
The weapons selected as jackpots along with the synergy just doesn't seem to mesh well. The constant grind for 2 blue rewards at the end doesn't help. I have had better drops on the ground in the thorn liro arenas.

The exchange closing was a big piss me off slap in the face as well. I finally started selling stuff again and as usual a few dip****s ruin it for everyone and now it's back to dealing with 12 year olds in zone chat not supervised after they just watched a Chris Rock comedy special spamming the channel with new words they have learned. Thanks but no thanks.

Bentu
07-30-2016, 05:56 PM
The weapons selected as jackpots along with the synergy just doesn't seem to mesh well. The constant grind for 2 blue rewards at the end doesn't help. I have had better drops on the ground in the thorn liro arenas.

The exchange closing was a big piss me off slap in the face as well. I finally started selling stuff again and as usual a few dip****s ruin it for everyone and now it's back to dealing with 12 year olds in zone chat not supervised after they just watched a Chris Rock comedy special spamming the channel with new words they have learned. Thanks but no thanks.

Well there goes my grinding Thorn Lero for pukka gear lol.

Mrdr
07-30-2016, 06:53 PM
I was camping for th last week...hours from civilization and no cell reception. I'm back and looking to login soon. :)

Ryu Soba JP
07-30-2016, 10:08 PM
I agree. The weapon selection isn't the best, the drops aren't great, the chase has no reward and back to back events is a bit of a burnout. That might be why a lot of players have been away. It's cool that a few people got out to enjoy real life/nature. Can't complain about that.
But, it does seem like a wave of players/vets have moved on. The game isn't as exciting as when I started playing around 2 years ago. Just seems like stability issues, bugs, gear changes and a handful of players up to no good are killing the game.
Maybe in a week or two those people will return. Maybe not.
I don't own a ps4 yet since there wasn't a huge game selection. With No Mans Sky coming out, ESO still doing new content and Neverwinter I think there is enough to stay busy on ps4 if I purchase one.

I like Defiance and hope the Devs start taking those stability and bug issues more seriously by fixing them.
Still waiting for my DLC trophies. Still Hard locking my console.

Chump Norris
07-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Still trying to get a SUROS Regime to drop, did get a badass ARC auto rifle that chains.

Bentu
07-31-2016, 12:50 AM
Still trying to get a SUROS Regime to drop, did get a badass ARC auto rifle that chains.

You're better off saving up and buying it, it doesn't take long.

Chump Norris
07-31-2016, 02:52 AM
You're better off saving up and buying it, it doesn't take long.

Xur wont get it in his invo or id buy it in a heartbeat :(

Bentu
07-31-2016, 05:42 AM
Xur wont get it in his invo or id buy it in a heartbeat :(

I forgot the name as I haven't played Destiny in a while but can't you buy a Suros off the wall down where the guardian mentors are.

Chump Norris
07-31-2016, 01:53 PM
I forgot the name as I haven't played Destiny in a while but can't you buy a Suros off the wall down where the guardian mentors are.

I remember stuff down there this is an exotic I think it came out with TTK but it has a chance to steal life on hit, kinda the syphon of Destiny :)

Squint_421
07-31-2016, 07:21 PM

Not bragging (maybe just a lil) lol 1960 pursuit rating on my main toon XD
Step it up ppl!!! lol

Rukia Lynx PS3 NA

Ea Rapture
07-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Step it up ppl!!! lol

Rukia Lynx PS3 NA

My pursuit Rating is rubbish, but I never cared to hit 6k until the night before the XP update. Made 6k that night and never looked at a pursuit again.

cmpowell
08-01-2016, 12:58 PM

Underground on Division drops tomorrow hit me up if you wanna run some.

cmpowell
08-01-2016, 01:02 PM

how have you been farming your engrams. i could maybe hop on there to help some although i don't think the regime is really worth your exotic weapon slot

PithHelmetIrath
08-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Underground on Division drops tomorrow hit me up if you wanna run some.

woot woot!

Thanks for the reminder..

Johnny Gatt
08-01-2016, 01:24 PM
My pursuit Rating is rubbish, but I never cared to hit 6k until the night before the XP update. Made 6k that night and never looked at a pursuit again.

My main toons never had to grind to 6k... when season 3 dropped and cap was raised, they already had the ego. I had an Alt toon that was 5854 after the XP update that I never cared to max out. It took a little over two months to get her to 6k on just xp.

shadowice
08-01-2016, 02:46 PM
all i have left for pursuits to get to 6k are pvp and i can't stand the pvp in this game its to unbalanced combine that with tons of bugs and freezing and other games offering a more enjoyable experience the only reason i come back to defiance is for my friends. the rng is also starting to bug me.

Chump Norris
08-01-2016, 03:16 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Dev-Tracker

Slow day maybe..

Smokey Black
08-01-2016, 03:48 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Dev-Tracker

Slow day maybe..

It was mentioned in another thread that Trion is a Canadian company and today is a Canadian holiday.

Mrdr
08-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Thought they were in CA as in California not as in Canada...

Chump Norris
08-01-2016, 06:47 PM
The show was filmed in Canada because it's cheaper.

I believe Trion has offices in CA and Texas and the Defiance team (or whats left of it) was all moved over to the Texas offices (last part is pure speculation)..

Johnny Stranger
08-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Definitely NOT Canadian !!! And it's a civic holiday , banks governments etc ...

Bentu
08-02-2016, 01:04 AM
There was a good number of my friends on tonight trouble was I couldn't stay awake lol.

tarmim II
08-02-2016, 01:38 AM
Step it up ppl!!! lol

Rukia Lynx PS3 NA

Lol there's a 6k on EU with 1190 pursuit rating

Ronin9572
08-02-2016, 04:07 AM
There was a good number of my friends on tonight trouble was I couldn't stay awake lol.

That happens to me alot as well. Even before the baby arrived. Lol

PithHelmetIrath
08-02-2016, 05:38 AM
"Trion Worlds, Inc. (previously Trion World Network, Inc.) is an American video game developer and publisher, which focuses primarily on MMOs, particularly of the MMORPG and MMORTS genres."

Not Canadian.

Bentu
08-02-2016, 06:22 AM
"Trion Worlds, Inc. (previously Trion World Network, Inc.) is an American video game developer and publisher, which focuses primarily on MMOs, particularly of the MMORPG and MMORTS genres."

Not Canadian.

Yep nodding off again :)

stayloc
08-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Think you all have missed something -- they are going to rename Defiance -- now will be called Survivor.

Arondos
08-02-2016, 08:38 AM
on the PC side over here but same thing.

Two weeks into an event and nobody in the clan has gotten a jack pot.

Weekly rewards consist of a couple t4 mods and couple t3's.

Most of my friends are hitting the if I can't get anything useful by playing the game then why play?.

I myself am not going to drop $100 on the bit store in the hopes of getting a jack pot item. I want to play the game and get rewards. Not get lucky in the bit store.

PithHelmetIrath
08-02-2016, 09:09 AM
I myself am not going to drop $100 on the bit store in the hopes of getting a jack pot item. I want to play the game and get rewards. Not get lucky in the bit store.

Good, more people need to start voting with their wallets..

Bentu
08-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Good, more people need to start voting with their wallets..

They're learning and it seems turning to the Dark side :D