PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on these rolls?

Tauriiel
07-30-2016, 05:59 AM
I've asked a couple of people already, but I'm still not sure if I should (or, if I even want to) reroll for sup dmg on this:

VOT Blast Rifle
Bio, Spinal Tap & full t4
http://i.imgur.com/fudG7j8.png

Any thoughts/opinions?
Rerolling will be extremely costly when it comes to forge, but I happen to really like the og rolls I was dealt with this BR. (It was a grape at first, so I've nurtured this lil fella quite a bit. :'))

Ea Rapture
07-30-2016, 06:16 AM
I'd reroll the T4 to Ego on Reload if I could, but I'm an old roll kinda guy and really don't like the new T4s.

If you're really looking to make that a killing machine, supreme FR is the way to go.

Tauriiel
07-30-2016, 06:25 AM
I'd reroll the T4 to Ego on Reload if I could, but I'm an old roll kinda guy and really don't like the new T4s.

If you're really looking to make that a killing machine, supreme FR is the way to go.

I didn't even think about Fire Rate. CRAP. My indecisiveness is showing.

Sevrin
07-30-2016, 07:53 AM
The gun has decent bones as it is. In my opinion, the weakness of BR's is the natural reload time -- this becomes a more glaring handicap when fighting in higher level expos and counting on life steal for help. And for me it's just too expensive in AF to re-roll the gold roll very often. So another option would be to reroll the OJ for FR (but then also take mag or dam if either came up) and keep the gold reload. But tbh, if it were my weapon, I'd just enjoy it as it is and not sink any more AF into it.

eaglepowers
07-30-2016, 09:31 AM
I always hip shoot a br and never noticed any difference with a recoil roll. I don't understand why people like it? I do like reload, you get enough and you can get the reload down to .5 seconds which is great for staying alive. My vote is reroll oj to anything else.

Menetekel
07-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Personally for myself I only use rolls that increase the inherent damage of the weapon so recoil to me is a wasted roll, but I'm an OC user so I have no recoil others have their preferences also. As is I might try to switch the Sup reload and Blue Damage roll but that's about the only thing I can really think of to change the gun unless you reroll the OJ roll to get rid of Recoil altogether but that would be a massive arkforge sink so probably not worth it.

Soul Binder
07-30-2016, 01:14 PM
Love that gun. If it was mine and AF wasn't an issue then maybe trying for an OJ Fire Rate and Green Mag might be an option but honestly looks like a beast as is.

konstantinov
07-30-2016, 01:21 PM
I'd say it depends on what you're going to use it for Taur. I setup my guns differently for expos/pve/pvp.

Tauriiel
07-30-2016, 04:38 PM
Serv - You're right. I think it's 250 or something forge to reroll the gold roll? Yiiikes. If anything rerolling the OJ roll makes entirely more sense, but it's also fairly costly. And there's nothing wrong with the rolls as they are. I was thinking about it more this morning, and even if I did manage to get a higher dmg roll, what good would that possibly do me if my reload time gets me downed in the interim?

Eags- Most BR's tend to have insane bloom, which isn't ideal for precision (not that BR's are precision gun types, but their spray can oft miss far more if you have more bloom). So, that's why I enjoy having a low bloom and a good recoil roll. (Ofc, it's not entirely necessary - especially if you're good at working the analog to adjust to higher blooms, but. In this case, the recoil was low before I OJ'd the gun.)

Mene - Also true. I run OC as well, and have a fairly decent recharge rate with my rig. Again, I didn't even think of this so thanks for mentioning it! :) It seems the OJ roll would be best to reroll, if I wanted to sink tons of forge into it once more. Could be something for me to do in the future, even if I'm just being a curious george. x)

Soul - Yeah, it's very nice! I lucked out on this one. My rad st br didn't have nearly as gorgeous rolls, which is sad - because now I need to search for a rad one, lol

Kon - I finally finished max ranking PVP, so there's no need for me to go back in unless I'm helping friends / clannies / randoms. So, it'd be more expo and pve. I might try it as is in expo, see how the reload does me. Long overdue for a marathon. x)

Thanks all! I appreciate your thoughts & opinions on this. I'm not usually one to reroll rolls, and I'm certainly not the best at judging this sort of thing. (It seems sort of common sense and general knowledge at this point which rolls suit which weapon, but meh. I still run into guns like this that make me sit and ponder the rolls and if they could be better/of more use.)

So! Definitely, definitely appreciate your input!

Johnny Gatt
07-30-2016, 04:47 PM
The blast rifle is pretty nice as is. Spinal tap also boosts reload speed so it should be quite the beast. T6 fire rate may tear things up, but the gun burns thru ammo way too fast. Running out of ammo in an expo is worse than waiting to reload.

Tauriiel
07-30-2016, 04:50 PM
The blast rifle is pretty nice as is. Spinal tap also boosts reload speed so it should be quite the beast. T6 fire rate may tear things up, but the gun burns thru ammo way too fast. Running out of ammo in an expo is worse than waiting to reload.

Yeah, incidentally a friend recently borrowed a similar blast rifle from another friend and it has t6 fire rate. I don't think I've ever seen a gun (other than an SMG) run out of ammo quite as fast, lol Burning through ammo spikes faster than they can recharge. OJ would be a much better roll to reroll, should I choose to do so.

Chump Norris
07-30-2016, 10:29 PM
I've asked a couple of people already, but I'm still not sure if I should (or, if I even want to) reroll for sup dmg on this:

VOT Blast Rifle
Bio, Spinal Tap & full t4
http://i.imgur.com/fudG7j8.png

Any thoughts/opinions?
Rerolling will be extremely costly when it comes to forge, but I happen to really like the og rolls I was dealt with this BR. (It was a grape at first, so I've nurtured this lil fella quite a bit. :'))

I'm no master of rolls and try never to claim something as being perfectly rolled because situation and play style factor in a lot but here I go..

I would reroll the OJ Recoil and reset it after each reroll until I ended up with..

Version 1.

Crit
Recoil
DMG
Armor Pen
Fire Rate
Reload

or

Version 2.

Crit
Firerate
Recoil
Armor Pen
Damage
Reload

Now full disclosure I do everything I can to keep my guns OJ recoil free so I'm quite biased there .

Kuroro
07-30-2016, 10:44 PM
you said your will keep it for pve so i suggest you to change the t4 for ego on reload and equip pumped up perk

Mrdr
07-30-2016, 10:47 PM
I'll look for you next time I'm online. I'll show you my grape turned gold fop BR...very similar. :) I'm curious to know what you end up doing.

Trogathorna
07-30-2016, 11:02 PM
Nice looking br Taur. I say reroll the t4 roll to ego on reload. I may be wrong, but you use commando scopes dont ya? If so then i say the oj recoil is just fine as is and i'm a fan of a fast reload..so the t6 reload is perfect. Just reroll the t4 roll imo.

Ea Rapture
07-31-2016, 01:23 AM
Nice looking br Taur. I say reroll the t4 roll to ego on reload. I may be wrong, but you use commando scopes dont ya? If so then i say the oj recoil is just fine as is and i'm a fan of a fast reload..so the t6 reload is perfect. Just reroll the t4 roll imo.

This^

The BR is well rolled as is imo. It's just the T4 roll doesn't help it at all since Armor Penetration isn't necessary since the gun is already bio and will destroy plates anyhow.

If you actually aim, then recoil is necessary.

Tauriiel
07-31-2016, 02:32 AM
Chump - Yeah, I love the second possibility there. The bloom was already fairly low before I even OJ'd it. (When it was grape, it had blue recoil)

Dan - I've had Pumped Up equipped since I unlocked it many, many moons ago. And, I never even thought about matching rolls with perks. Broadening my horizons, lol Thanks for this insight.

Mrdr - Oooo I'm curious now! I love FOP brs. I have like, 7 or so oj and grape, to work on yet. I look forward to seeing yours!

Trog - I sure do! Well, I use Commando's if the bloom isn't insane, lol Ego on Reload would kind of work perfectly, too. Since t6 reload + my rig has that OC keystone and chips which are geared towards recharging my ego... (Not to mention all my ego and OC perks on my PVE/main loadout)

EA - Yeah, the Armor Pen is a bit redundant. Think I'm gonna save up some forge and experiment a little. Not like the game is giving me much more of a chase these days. What else am I gonna do with my time? lol Also, yessir. I actually aim with my BR's sometimes. Just depends on the situation. (I like face shotting the Viscera, love raining on their parade.)

Y'all are so helpful with this. I'm so glad I made this post.

Crixus x1
07-31-2016, 03:46 AM
I'd say it depends on what you're going to use it for Taur. I setup my guns differently for expos/pve/pvp.
I have a nearly identical rolled st br. Oj fire rate would be my choice of reroll,.great multi purpose gun.

Wuzu
07-31-2016, 03:52 PM
What I would do is keep T6 reload, and look for a T4 FAR. That should put it to .5 reload or damn near it. (I have a st br with T3 dmg and .5 relaod, and it's amazing for expos, giving nearly continuous firing/health steal).

If you have or plan on using a commando scope on it, I would keep the T5 recoil (for those who actually aim with br's, having less recoil/bloom can help your DPS more than higher dmg, since more of the shots will actually hit).

Another thing to consider, is the extra shots you will fire with the fast reload, will probably raise your DPS even more than T6 dmg would. Also, rerolling would potentially give it no mag roll and a long reload time (which I personally hate for a br).

If you want to beef up the dmg, rerolling for T4 health damage would also be an option (and a lot cheaper). Or T1 to mag would also give it a nice little boost.

Chumps V2 with a T4 FAR would also make a really nice gun as well.

Mrdr
08-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Tried to whisper and group you in game just now to show my fop BR but the lag is strong...

Tauriiel
08-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Tried to whisper and group you in game just now to show my fop BR but the lag is strong...

Lol. This time it isn't the lag, I don't think. I've got the social glitch/bug. -__-

Ea Rapture
08-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Lol. This time it isn't the lag, I don't think. I've got the social glitch/bug. -__-

I guess I took a break at a jolly good time, lol.

In other news, I started playing NMS immediately and its gorgeous. I was confused at first. But it eventually made sense. You can find the stream on my profile.

Tauriiel
08-09-2016, 02:16 AM
I guess I took a break at a jolly good time, lol.

In other news, I started playing NMS immediately and its gorgeous. I was confused at first. But it eventually made sense. You can find the stream on my profile.

AW YAY! I wish I would've seen this before I got back in game, lol I only made a slight progress on my low toon because all the easy schtako is finished. -whines and yada yadas-

Ea Rapture
08-09-2016, 08:03 AM
AW YAY! I wish I would've seen this before I got back in game, lol I only made a slight progress on my low toon because all the easy schtako is finished. -whines and yada yadas-

My little toon needs alot of work, I'm just too lazy to do it.

Soul Binder
08-09-2016, 10:32 AM
My little toon needs alot of work, I'm just too lazy to do it.

With the change to no XP caps EGOing up toons is relatively painless these days, equip weapons you enjoy using and go do the stuff you enjoy doing in game.
Have taken a brand new toon to 4k ego in just over a month and basically ignored pursuits and skipped all the campaign stuff after reaching earth republic camp.