PDA

View Full Version : Complete bull****

Tiwi
07-31-2016, 07:02 PM
just spent 40$ on arkforge. because there is no good way to be solo and get arkforge. i spent the majority of it on remasters for a SINGLE gun. i wanted either damage, crit, or mag on my event shotgun.

SO MUCH ARKFORGE LATER. here i am with no arkforge and a 15% melee damage mastery. PLEASE fix rng..

in light of this. what are the worst wastes of arkforge yall have ever accomplished? this wasnt me, but my friend TheRevenant lost a 90% chance at supreme. thats rough.

Bentu
07-31-2016, 07:08 PM
Wow that sucks, I've bought the odd thing from the store but never af as I just use what I earn in game and I too play solo the majority of the time even though I am in clans.

Octo
07-31-2016, 07:24 PM
The worst... Well I upgraded a purple Blast Rifle all the way to supreme. Funny thing, I actually don't like blast rifles.
Purple: Rerolled the purple roll. Like 10 times.
Upgrade to oj: Rerolled the crappy oj roll. Probably 8 or 9 times.
800Af later, I got the crit mastery I wanted.
Upgrade to supreme: Yep, I had to reroll the supreme roll. 5 times I think.
Then I spent 60$ to get a sup crit mastery.
It was 1.9 with an oj crit mastery, now it's 1.9 with a sup crit mastery.
Hello, I'm dumb. └㋡┘

Tiwi
07-31-2016, 07:28 PM
The worst... Well I upgraded a purple Blast Rifle all the way to supreme. Funny thing, I actually don't like blast rifles.
Purple: Rerolled the purple roll. Like 10 times.
Upgrade to oj: Rerolled the crappy oj roll. Probably 8 or 9 times.
800Af later, I got the crit mastery I wanted.
Upgrade to supreme: Yep, I had to reroll the supreme roll. 5 times I think.
Then I spent 60$ to get a sup crit mastery.
It was 1.9 with an oj crit mastery, now it's 1.9 with a sup crit mastery.
Hello, I'm dumb. └㋡┘

thats rough

doctordabs
07-31-2016, 07:36 PM
wasted over 3000 af on my TNTboomer since i got it. from purple. so many attempts to supreme it.. replicated rerolls (but oh that's right we supposedly dont get replicated rerolls... riiight).

wasted over 2000 on my blackened hellfire ar which is still oj... i gave up on buying\farming arkforge... the cash grabbing is too strong.

stewartlittle81
07-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Totally agree. The supreming part is way to much arkforge. And remastering is a complete joke. It should never take more than 5 tries to get the mastery you want. Especially a supreme at 150 a pop.

Smokey Black
07-31-2016, 07:51 PM
I have spent over 1k af a half dozen times on masterys. The other black hole is t6ing guns..could of brought a gun up from 1k ego for all the failed chances since rolling blackout started.

Ea Rapture
07-31-2016, 08:45 PM
Everything is an Arkforge sink except ojing. And that's only because it's guaranteed.

Skiller115
07-31-2016, 09:12 PM
My Apex Sledge hammer has ate 8 25% chances at supreme and is still oj! Now my Streetsweeper has 11-12 remasteries and still no speedboost so I left it on reload mastery because I want to have some AF for this event.

Sevrin
07-31-2016, 09:37 PM
It does suck. And I feel for you Tiwi. Been there and it's painful. The whole AF thing in this game has been nerfed so badly that the game is truly rigged against any kind of reasonable return for reasonable effort or even reasonable REAL money investment. It's a bad business model and I don't know why the devs don't hear us about this.

My horror stories about trying to get the right Supreme mastery are legion so I wouldn't even know where to start.

To make my main point though, here's a question for you all: How many major ark falls in this event would one have to complete (scoring say, 30K per arkfall) to earn enough AF to get Supreme for an epic weapon ? Think about it the next time you look at your scorecard at the end of a major that you just spent 15 - 20 minutes to complete.

King Dead
07-31-2016, 09:41 PM
have a PS Mass cannon which I t6'd after 8x at 20%.Had a 2 mag clip so,naturally, t6 mag mastery right. WRONG...32x (yes 32!!!) I end up with a t6 damage mastery(first time THAT even rolled up) and decided to quit trying and rerolled blue roll to +2 mag.

Tanqueray
07-31-2016, 09:52 PM
Everything is an Arkforge sink except ojing. And that's only because it's guaranteed.

I would agree except for noticing that once they made the change to allow epic to upgrade to legendary and again to supreme, everything started dropping epics, pursuit rewards became epic, the oj drops dried up a lot after that change.

From what Ive experienced anyway

Sir Dan
07-31-2016, 11:08 PM
Over 1000 re-rolling mastery. When i finally got it i also got 'buyers remorse' and haven't touched the gun since.

Quicksilver1492
07-31-2016, 11:48 PM
This is why I will never spend real money on AF. At least if you spend cash on the bit boxes, you get something out of them. If you buy AF, then spend it to upgrade weapons, you can lose it just like that, with nothing at all to show for it. People say that the bit boxes are gambling, but the AF is more so, because it could just disappear with no effect whatsoever. So, I just earn my AF in-game and use it when I can.

Tiwi
08-01-2016, 12:28 AM
just spent 40$ on arkforge. because there is no good way to be solo and get arkforge. i spent the majority of it on remasters for a SINGLE gun. i wanted either damage, crit, or mag on my event shotgun.

SO MUCH ARKFORGE LATER. here i am with no arkforge and a 15% melee damage mastery. PLEASE fix rng..

in light of this. what are the worst wastes of arkforge yall have ever accomplished? this wasnt me, but my friend TheRevenant lost a 90% chance at supreme. thats rough.

I FREAKIN, GAVE THE GUN TO A FRIEND TO MASTER, and he got the mastery i wanted. smh

Mr Devlin
08-01-2016, 02:25 AM
I FREAKIN, GAVE THE GUN TO A FRIEND TO MASTER, and he got the mastery i wanted. smh

Note to self: don't spend REAL $ unless it's a assured result (bundles,ect....)

Antony Harrist
08-01-2016, 02:34 AM
Really thinking about dropping my patron, I don't think I'm earning much more than 250af a week doing normal stuff, so it hardly seems worth having patron, the amount of arkforge dropping definately seems nerfed these last 2 events

doctordabs
08-01-2016, 03:21 AM
Really thinking about dropping my patron, I don't think I'm earning much more than 250af a week doing normal stuff, so it hardly seems worth having patron, the amount of arkforge dropping definately seems nerfed these last 2 events

agreed.
no reason to buy patron pass. - hoppin' on that bandwagon.

PithHelmetIrath
08-01-2016, 06:44 AM
This is why I will never spend real money on AF.

Indeed.. never have, never will.

And the same can be said for the Patron Pass.

r1p
08-01-2016, 06:59 AM
Re-mastering is one of the most unbalanced activities in this game due to cost vs benefit. OJ weapons cost players 75 AF to re-master yet in most cases the most sought after rolls are less than or equal to that of a green bonus roll which costs 10 AF. Also given that most guns have 10-15 masteries and most players are only interested in 1 or 2 of them then the odds are at least as big of a gamble as supreming something.

A good example of this imbalance can be seen with blast rifles which under the new roll system have 15 possible masteries. Most players are only looking to get damage or recoil which means that the player has a 2 in 14 chance (~14%) to roll the mastery that they looking for. The problem is that both of these rolls are equivalent to green bonus rolls which only has 7 possible values. Even if you assume that one of the other bonus rolls is already damage or recoil then there is still a 1 in 6 chance (~17%) of getting the other roll.

The bottom line is that masteries provide the same benefits as green bonus rolls yet cost 7.5x as much and yet have less of a chance in succeeding. The fairest/best thing that Trion could do for their customers is to drop the cost of masteries to 25 AF and make it so that masteries can only be rolled once. This way it wouldn't take more than the total number of masteries to get the one you want and they could provide a mastery reset in case you change your mind. Unfortunately this is never going to happen.

Getting back on topic and answering the OP's question: I had a radiation Plate Slicer Mazu that took me 30+ attempts to master damage on. Every time I saw it in my inventory I was reminded that I wasted at least 2250 (~$75) worth of ark forge on it so I eventually traded it away. I had always wanted a radiation Plate Slicer assault rifle and this experience ruined it after I had finally got one. Imbalance.

kill3rofm3n_517
08-01-2016, 08:35 AM

Let me tell you about my experience with wasted arkforge, I purchased a misanthrope and used 1400 arkforge attempting to supreme when I got it, asked a friend to attempt to supreme it and it cost me 18 million scrip for the attempts that failed, I than decided to build my scrip up to 100% chance and could not do it. I ended up spending the 1800 I had saved and than went to the vendor and spent thousands of dollars and reputation buying 500 more arkforg at 50 a pop, just to gain nothing. I almost spent 70 million script for a supreme t5d misanthrope but finally got mine t5d and supreme and now the mastery still sucks.

Grandpa Ace
08-01-2016, 08:40 AM

I know its a bit tedious, however, one of the best ways to earn AF is to chase the Incursions. I have a good time chasing them and it can be done solo. The other way is to chase a Dark Matter Arkfall from beginning to end. Good Hunting, and FYI--stay out of Silicon Valley Arkfalls, unless there are a lot of ppl, they are usually a lost cause.

Smokey Black
08-01-2016, 08:59 AM
I know its a bit tedious, however, one of the best ways to earn AF is to chase the Incursions. I have a good time chasing them and it can be done solo. The other way is to chase a Dark Matter Arkfall from beginning to end. Good Hunting, and FYI--stay out of Silicon Valley Arkfalls, unless there are a lot of ppl, they are usually a lost cause.

It's easier to show up to kenn farm solo and hit the 200k score cap and wait for it to end. This still only grants 15 ark forge for 15 minutes of play.

Ea Rapture
08-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Let me tell you about my experience with wasted arkforge, I purchased a misanthrope and used 1400 arkforge attempting to supreme when I got it, asked a friend to attempt to supreme it and it cost me 18 million scrip for the attempts that failed, I than decided to build my scrip up to 100% chance and could not do it. I ended up spending the 1800 I had saved and than went to the vendor and spent thousands of dollars and reputation buying 500 more arkforg at 50 a pop, just to gain nothing. I almost spent 70 million script for a supreme t5d misanthrope but finally got mine t5d and supreme and now the mastery still sucks.

Why didn't you stick with an oj mastery? I never understood why people wait till after they supreme to fix the mastery.

konstantinov
08-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Why didn't you stick with an oj mastery? I never understood why people wait till after they supreme to fix the mastery.

In some cases I think it's where people try at 5% and it takes. I see what you're saying though.

eaglepowers
08-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Well said! Because of this I use to master WM weapons at epic level before upgrading and master all named at oj. We've been asking forever but they really need to remove crap masters, only allow them to come up once, lower the cost or increase the stats of master to balance things out.

The mastery system is antiquated and was originally used as endgame material and an arkforge sink. Now that they nerfed and limited af drops and most importantly givin us the high cost and ability to supreme they should balance out the high cost and low benefit of masteries.

To op I have an oj UD because I can't seem to get a reload master after like 25 tries. RNG gods only know how much more af it'll suck by the time I sup it?

Re-mastering is one of the most unbalanced activities in this game due to cost vs benefit. OJ weapons cost players 75 AF to re-master yet in most cases the most sought after rolls are less than or equal to that of a green bonus roll which costs 10 AF. Also given that most guns have 10-15 masteries and most players are only interested in 1 or 2 of them then the odds are at least as big of a gamble as supreming something.

A good example of this imbalance can be seen with blast rifles which under the new roll system have 15 possible masteries. Most players are only looking to get damage or recoil which means that the player has a 2 in 14 chance (~14%) to roll the mastery that they looking for. The problem is that both of these rolls are equivalent to green bonus rolls which only has 7 possible values. Even if you assume that one of the other bonus rolls is already damage or recoil then there is still a 1 in 6 chance (~17%) of getting the other roll.

The bottom line is that masteries provide the same benefits as green bonus rolls yet cost 7.5x as much and yet have less of a chance in succeeding. The fairest/best thing that Trion could do for their customers is to drop the cost of masteries to 25 AF and make it so that masteries can only be rolled once. This way it wouldn't take more than the total number of masteries to get the one you want and they could provide a mastery reset in case you change your mind. Unfortunately this is never going to happen.

Getting back on topic and answering the OP's question: I had a radiation Plate Slicer Mazu that took me 30+ attempts to master damage on. Every time I saw it in my inventory I was reminded that I wasted at least 2250 (~$75) worth of ark forge on it so I eventually traded it away. I had always wanted a radiation Plate Slicer assault rifle and this experience ruined it after I had finally got one. Imbalance.

Skiller115
08-01-2016, 09:41 AM

Lol call me cheap but I first oj then supreme my guns before I use them so I can get a free supreme mastery! So far this strategy has worked on both of my Passionate Blast Rifles as they both got supreme damage mastery without a single remastery!

Lithova
08-01-2016, 10:00 AM
wait so you know the RNG is terrible and yet you decide to continue spending money on Arkforge to deal with more RNG and then complain about how RNG is to blame for the outcome which wasn't to your benefit or liking? I think we the players all have experience just how terrible the rng is when it comes to upgrading weapons especially when it comes to cost to upgrade. I think the better point here would be to request a better system to upgrade items or less cost to upgrade items...this will mitigate the awful RNG factor that these devs and this game is so reliant on.

edit to add - but yea, perhaps not spending anymore money just to upgrade virtual items that have no meaning is the better solution.

Ea Rapture
08-01-2016, 10:59 AM
In some cases I think it's where people try at 5% and it takes. I see what you're saying though.

I always saw it as a gamble and would rather have a good oj mastery than a supreme one.

Mrdr
08-01-2016, 11:04 AM
but yea, perhaps not spending anymore money just to upgrade virtual items that have no meaning is the better solution.

You got that right.

Crack
08-01-2016, 11:23 AM
wait so you know the RNG is terrible and yet you decide to continue spending money on Arkforge to deal with more RNG and then complain about how RNG is to blame for the outcome which wasn't to your benefit or liking? I think we the players all have experience just how terrible the rng is when it comes to upgrading weapons especially when it comes to cost to upgrade. I think the better point here would be to request a better system to upgrade items or less cost to upgrade items...this will mitigate the awful RNG factor that these devs and this game is so reliant on.

edit to add - but yea, perhaps not spending anymore money just to upgrade virtual items that have no meaning is the better solution.

Liked! =)

Stop beating the dead horse and vote with your wallet. Trions job is to get you to enjoy spending money...Dont like the current system, give them no choice but to change it. Actions speak louder than words.

SirServed
08-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Liked! =)

Stop beating the dead horse and vote with your wallet. Trion's job is to get you spending money, period. Don't like the current system? Give them no choice but to change it. Actions speak louder than words, and Bacon even more than that.
Fixed. I see nothing has changed about their income generating department almost 6 months later, can't say I'm surprised. Massive has been running The Division into the ground since April so I can't say that turned out too well either. Online TPS are in need of saving atm.

Meanwhile, if you happen to play Guild Wars 2:SirServed.5693
You guys have fun, mastering Remastery?

cmpowell
08-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Fixed. I see nothing has changed about their income generating department almost 6 months later, can't say I'm surprised. Massive has been running The Division into the ground since April so I can't say that turned out too well either. Online TPS are in need of saving atm.

yea hoping the division gets their act together before survival/1.4, but not expecting them too

PithHelmetIrath
08-01-2016, 01:14 PM
yea hoping the division gets their act together before survival/1.4, but not expecting them too

That makes two of us..

Lithova
08-01-2016, 02:56 PM
its annoying how they keep nerfing stuff "to balance" meanwhile its just stupid players with stupid tactics crying for nerfs because they got face rolled running out of cover while trying to vs 3 rogues who are all using reclaimer, sentry shotgun, tactician build..there's more to be said in this rant but thats for massive's forums. >.>

Skiller115
08-01-2016, 03:10 PM

Wait what! You expected more from Ubisoft? Lol at least defiance isn't powered by hype like all other Ubisoft games before it.

Arondos
08-02-2016, 08:43 AM
The entire game is turning into and this way to the bitstore...ridiculous amount of ark forge to upgrade anything. Although given the drop rate in the last two events unless you buy chests from the bit store you aren't going to have gotten anything worth upgrading...

PithHelmetIrath
08-02-2016, 09:08 AM
Wait what! You expected more from Ubisoft? Lol at least defiance isn't powered by hype like all other Ubisoft games before it.

Yeah.. after all, Defiance is powered by the overpriced bit store. And hungry hamsters spinning in their wheels. Doesn't sound like much of an overwhelming advantage to this guy.

Nico
08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
over 5k in arkforge to supreme a Piper and it never went.. traded it for a UD and on 1st try at 15% The UD went supreme

tAsHiNkA
08-15-2016, 10:43 AM

in light of this. what are the worst wastes of arkforge yall have ever accomplished? this wasnt me, but my friend TheRevenant lost a 90% chance at supreme. thats rough.ouch! I decided to re-roll UD for damage mastery - it took 35x and it is supreme (totaling 100 more than the process made me)

el joshie
08-15-2016, 11:23 AM
First weapon I tried to supreme was my milking maid, failed on 75% try. As far as junk masteries go, I got +12% crit on enemies in EU server(Im on NA and it was a BMG) But seriously I get great masteries on guns I have no intention on using long term. But if its one I intend on keeping in the stash I would have to do countless remasteries. Now I dont care how great the weapon is, if I don't get a mastery I can work with by the 3rd remastery try, peace! It goes up for sale or given away.

Alahali
08-15-2016, 11:38 AM

It's true, I got my supreme purgatory with 5%

r1p
08-15-2016, 12:10 PM
First weapon I tried to supreme was my milking maid, failed on 75% try. As far as junk masteries go, I got +12% crit on enemies in EU server(Im on NA and it was a BMG) But seriously I get great masteries on guns I have no intention on using long term. But if its one I intend on keeping in the stash I would have to do countless remasteries. Now I dont care how great the weapon is, if I don't get a mastery I can work with by the 3rd remastery try, peace! It goes up for sale or given away.

If I had a nickel for every time this happens. I happened to pull everyone's favorite vendor fodder this weekend, an OJ Volge Battle Rifle MK IV, from a Bathhouse while waiting for more RB major's to spawn. Since I was bored and it had an OJ damage roll I modded it up and used it at the next RB major that spawned. Mastered damage first try. My OJ Plate Slice Mazu? 30+ masteries to get damage. And before anyone bothers, yes I know how RNG works because I write software for a living. This is a commentary about karma not RNG.