PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Legendary at low EGO?

Bella Arksbane
08-03-2016, 01:19 PM
I just started playing recently, about a week ago. I'm a 670 EGO right now. When I was only an ego 60 I received an orange SMG, the TS-LA Nomad or something like that from an Arkfall. Its a fun gun, so I have upgraded it every time I increase in 100 rating. My question though is, should I stop doing this? I have just noticed that drops of items always appear at your current EGO. Its costing me 25 arkforge each upgrade, and eventually max is 6k EGO..so thats a buttload of arkforge..is the chances of me getting another legendary drop much better than just spending all the time on upgrades, basically is my question. Now that I seen how drops are equal to current rating, I feel it would be a massie waste in the long run. Am I correct in this assumption. I already put 3 purple mods on it too lol..beginners error is what ill call it

Johnny Dbag
08-03-2016, 01:26 PM
I would only up the ego on weapons that i really like or are worth it to me. Otherwise low ego oj weapons are mod storeage, vendor food or gifts to new players.

Bentu
08-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Chances are that if you stay until you're 6k you'll get a load more ojs.
Just use what you get or like to help raise your weapons levels.
Personally when leveling up a character I only use blue weapons as they're cheaper to keep upgrading if you've got one you like that is and it helps you save some forge on the way to 6k.

Bella Arksbane
08-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll stop upgrading it now and save my AF for better stuff in future, I like the idea Johnny had on it being gifted to another new player eventually. At that rating i'd know they were at least attempting to stick with the game and it would help them out some and possibly make their day. I really do like the gun, massive clip and has an increased RoF built in, but just couldn't see the logic in continually upgrading from such a low level. Just needed an opinion from another. Off to get mad Scrip now, thanks again

Johnny Gatt
08-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Low ego ojs are fun until you start gaining more ego than you can sustain the weapon with af. You will also see periods while you are leveling beyond low ego where it will difficult to maintain ojs as well. Ego 4000 to 5000 is usually another period where people grind hard and fast to hit 5k, often leaving most ojs behind . Inspect a lot of new 5 players and you will see them running with blues and purples. It's always an opportunity to pass things down. Once players hit 5k, levelling stabilizes and that is when you see most players start to seriously build their inventory.

As for supreme weapons, I would hold off until ego 5800 to 6000 before trying to upgrade.

konstantinov
08-04-2016, 03:50 AM
Unless you're willing to open your wallet then I wouldn't bother. To say deep pockets are needed is an understatement.