PDA

View Full Version : Can we have the old cyber chip vendor back?

tarmim
08-03-2016, 02:14 PM
The players were happier with the old chip vendor. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

VesperLynd
08-03-2016, 02:35 PM
It was nice being able to earn and choose the chips you wanted. Too much rng in this game.

tarmim
08-03-2016, 02:38 PM
It was nice being able to earn and choose the chips you wanted. Too much rng in this game.

^^^^

Exactly this.

NullWolf
08-03-2016, 02:47 PM
short answer: no
long answer: you can always pay to play their game of russian roulette with the bitbox chip/rig crates wink wink nudge nudge so no more.

So so glad I managed to for better or worse complete 3 good rigs.

WhiteStrike
08-03-2016, 03:02 PM
I miss the old vendor so much.
Trion logic:

-"Hey Trion, how about putting a decent-ish OJ Rig for a high Shard price in the vendor?"
-"Ok"

Proceeds to place an RNG box with 2% chance for an OJ Rig and locks away the chips behind an RNG wall as well.

Destromathe
08-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Hey All,

I will go ahead and tell you here, we will be bringing back direct purchase chips to the Silicon Shard vendor. Due to the increase in the amount of shards you get now, the prices will differ from before, but you will be able to choose the chips that you want in the very near future.

The random boxes will still stay on the vendor, if you want a chance at legendary chips. We will announce on the forums when this will be going live.

Johnny Stranger
08-03-2016, 03:06 PM
wait, are you saying you can no longer use those silicon shards we got for breaking down unwanted chips to buy purple chips , blue rigs ?

tarmim
08-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Hey All,

I will go ahead and tell you here, we will be bringing back direct purchase chips to the Silicon Shard vendor. Due to the increase in the amount of shards you get now, the prices will differ from before, but you will be able to choose the chips that you want in the very near future.

The random boxes will still stay on the vendor, if you want a chance at legendary chips. We will announce on the forums when this will be going live.

Thank you so much Destro!

NullWolf
08-03-2016, 03:10 PM
whale whale whale thats a pheasant surprise...who wished on a monkeys paw?

ColapsN7
08-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Hey All,

Congratulations I made the right choice in accordance with the requirements of quality and ease-of-use player a choice of chips.
:)

...N7 .

WhiteStrike
08-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Gotta say, you guys have been getting stuff done lately. I'm impressed.

Skiller115
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Hey All,

Hallelujah, thank you RNGesus!

W84IT
08-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Hey All,

Wow,thanks Destromathe,can you raise the cap of Ion shield back while you're feeling generous and understanding,you will rock if you do!

clay marrow
08-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Hey All,

Awesome

How bout that exchange? ???

tarmim
08-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Awesome

How bout that exchange? ???

We both know that's not going to happen :(

MotokoKusanagi
08-03-2016, 05:48 PM
the prices will differ from before

So, instead of paying 50 shards per, for example, a purple chip, it's going to become 10,000 shards now, right???

Shadow Cat
08-03-2016, 08:24 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11sBLVxNs7v6WA/giphy.gif

Gaige12
08-03-2016, 11:07 PM
So, instead of paying 50 shards per, for example, a purple chip, it's going to become 10,000 shards now, right???

Probably

DiskoSvir
08-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Hey All,

Finally some good news in a sea of bad ones.

Kuroro
08-04-2016, 02:37 AM
Hey All,

And,decoy?

konstantinov
08-04-2016, 03:47 AM
And,decoy?

They will never revert decoy back to the old version. 90% of the people that use decoy only used it for exploiting expeditions. Notice how there aren't any threads with people boasting about getting to round 100+ in expos?

PS- Decoy was changed because of those threads. The community has no one to blame but themselves.

Kuroro
08-04-2016, 04:02 AM
They will never revert decoy back to the old version. 90% of the people that use decoy only used it for exploiting expeditions. Notice how there aren't any threads with people boasting about getting to round 100+ in expos?

PS- Decoy was changed because of those threads. The community has no one to blame but themselves.

Well I have not been playing so much this week but I am at tier 50 atm because I have been playing stolen purpose instead of the event.I do not need the old decoy back to reach tier/round 100+ but the current decoy is not distracting enemies,that should be fixed

konstantinov
08-04-2016, 04:19 AM
Well I have not been playing so much this week but I am at tier 50 atm because I have been playing stolen purpose instead of the event.I do not need the old decoy back to reach tier/round 100+ but the current decoy is not distracting enemies,that should be fixed

But people never used the old decoy to distract enemies. That was never the argument and the old decoy lasted all of 3 seconds before the mobs destroyed it.

PS- The new decoy runs around like an idiot on crack but you can still switch places with it.

r1p
08-04-2016, 05:30 AM
Gotta say, you guys have been getting stuff done lately. I'm impressed.

What did I miss?

As far as I can tell, excluding the current event, the last 10 patches or so have all been either related to the Exchange or related to the Monterey PvP map. The Exchange is being completely removed and the last I heard a ton of people were complaining that they either DC trying to join Monterey or DC at the end.

Kuroro
08-04-2016, 05:31 AM
But people never used the old decoy to distract enemies. That was never the argument and the old decoy lasted all of 3 seconds before the mobs destroyed it.

PS- The new decoy runs around like an idiot on crack but you can still switch places with it.

It has been used to kills bosses easier but people used it legitimately to reach those bosses,where the distraction is essential

konstantinov
08-04-2016, 05:49 AM
It has been used to kills bosses easier but people used it legitimately to reach those bosses,where the distraction is essential

You can argue legitimacy all you want but that wasn't the reason people were upset.

Kuroro
08-04-2016, 05:51 AM
You can argue legitimacy all you want but that wasn't the reason people were upset.

And you can say all you want but you dont play , players want it fixed

konstantinov
08-04-2016, 05:54 AM
And you can say all you want but you dont play , players want it fixed

Sounds like people just want to cheat Trion out of reqs.

Kuroro
08-04-2016, 06:04 AM
Sounds like people just want to cheat Trion out of reqs.

Sounds like you defend broken content

konstantinov
08-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Sounds like you defend broken content

Just goes to show you, you understand nothing about Defiance. Please give me 5 examples of working content.

ColapsN7
08-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Decoy will remain a winding.
:D

...N7 .

Sevrin
08-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Hey All,

This is very good news. I hope it's soon.

Skiller115
08-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Just goes to show you, you understand nothing about Defiance. Please give me 5 examples of working content.

The bitstore that's it....

Johnny Dbag
08-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Awesome that the old vendor is coming back. Does that mean the lower tier weapon specific chips will be removed from the chest loot table, therfore increasing the chances at good oj chips, rigs, and supremes?

xXxDSMer
08-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Hey All,

If all the direct purchase chips that were in there before are put back in there (even with the understandably higher shard cost because shard payout was increased from breaking down things)... then that's awesome.

Leaving the rng boxes in there as well for those that want to spend on a chance at OJ - great as well.

I just hope it's not overdone on the cost adjustment for direct purchase chips.