PDA

View Full Version : Trion, Is it true?

tasin
08-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Is it true that arkforge traders will be banned? If so, why?

Destromathe
08-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Trading Arkforge is not something that we allow, as it is not a tradeable currency. In order to trade Arkforge from one player to another, you must work around the designed game mechanics, which invites scamming. While this is not a bannable offense for performing the action in game, we do not allow forum threads that offer to buy or sell Arkforge. I hope this helps clear up your issue.

tasin
08-04-2016, 10:41 AM
arkforge is not a tradeable currency.
why don't you make it a tradeable currency? :x

Fallen_Aingeal
08-04-2016, 11:14 AM
why don't you make it a tradeable currency? :x

Because it can be purchased in the bit store. If it was a tradeable commodity, bit store sales would decrease...

doctordabs
08-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Because it can be purchased in the bit store. If it was a tradeable commodity, bit store sales would decrease...

^^^ This.

If you thought this game was designed for people to have fun, you're mistaken. Just like any business model, it's designed to make money... this just happens to be in the guise of "fun"

Ea Rapture
08-04-2016, 11:21 AM

They kinda butcher bit sales by including chances for supreme rarity.

Fisherman Joe
08-04-2016, 11:23 AM
I've often wondered if forge trading was a bannable too. It's nice to see a dev step in and clear this up. Good job Destro.

Ryu Soba JP
08-04-2016, 04:58 PM
There is an entire pinned thread about this very issue.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?222688-Please-Exercise-Caution-with-Trades

Cobra Crusher
08-05-2016, 12:05 AM

Weapons and mods from the bit store are tradeable. Whats the difference?

NullWolf
08-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Cobra pls don't give em ideas.

As it stands on arkforge things would go alot smoother for everyone if they upped the amount you can get from arkfalls/coops/expeditions/etc.
Keep cap and with the increase of arkforge it'd get more people to buying patron in order to go past the cap.

tasin
08-05-2016, 05:11 AM
Cobra pls don't give em ideas.

As it stands on arkforge things would go alot smoother for everyone if they upped the amount you can get from arkfalls/coops/expeditions/etc.
Keep cap and with the increase of arkforge it'd get more people to buying patron in order to go past the cap.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This!!

konstantinov
08-05-2016, 05:44 AM
I'd suggest stop posting about it on the forums.

Bentu
08-05-2016, 08:11 AM

They never learn.

Aliasse
08-05-2016, 08:35 AM
They never learn.

Actually there was no rule about posting arkforge trade

Only if they state clearly the rules on trade forums

Bentu
08-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Actually there was no rule about posting arkforge trade

Only if they state clearly the rules on trade forums

I know but there was a thread posted 2 days ago where someone got a ban for making a thread, it's their forum and their rules to switch back and forth to suit whatever the situation if they want
We can only post here because they let us end of story, if they want to ban any of us without the slightest reason they can so think on.
Destro has said it's not a tradable currency.
Listen to the fact and take notice.

By all means still do it if you feel you want to but keep it under your hat.

In other words don't advertise the fact.

Gaige12
08-05-2016, 09:06 AM
What I would like to know is 'what changed'? People have been buying and selling arkforge for a long time and suddenly it's become a bannable offense? I've seen numerous posts in the trade section for arkforge sales over the last 2 years. Now, out of the blue, it became a bannable offense. I think people are starting to keep their wallets closed and it's showing on the bottom line in the bitstore. Destro mentioned something about "doom and gloom" the other day and closed a thread stating the game is alive and well. The overall poor performance of the game and seeing the people I've played with for the last 2 years leaving and not coming back clearly states otherwise.

If you want peoples' money, then giving them what they ask for should be a priority.

Bentu
08-05-2016, 10:08 AM
What I would like to know is 'what changed'? People have been buying and selling arkforge for a long time and suddenly it's become a bannable offense? I've seen numerous posts in the trade section for arkforge sales over the last 2 years. Now, out of the blue, it became a bannable offense. I think people are starting to keep their wallets closed and it's showing on the bottom line in the bitstore. Destro mentioned something about "doom and gloom" the other day and closed a thread stating the game is alive and well. The overall poor performance of the game and seeing the people I've played with for the last 2 years leaving and not coming back clearly states otherwise.

If you want peoples' money, then giving them what they ask for should be a priority.

Maybe if that thread was left open a bit longer they may of got to know what the Doom and Gloom was all about.
DD pulling the shutters down isn't a good sign either.

Aliasse
08-05-2016, 10:49 AM

Well said sir

Looked at forum trading rule and it doesn't disclosed anything about removal of AF threads on http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?222686-Please-Exercise-Caution-with-Trades

Not my fault that i made a post and they didn't disclose the fact that it's bannable from forum.

So is it my fault? for not looking at a forum post that was 2 days old? not good enough

Bentu
08-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Well said sir

Looked at forum trading rule and it doesn't disclosed anything about removal of AF threads on http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?222686-Please-Exercise-Caution-with-Trades

Not my fault that i made a post and they didn't disclose the fact that it's bannable from forum.

So is it my fault? for not looking at a forum post that was 2 days old? not good enough

It also says that trading for real world money is bannable (I know you didn't before you start) but it doesn't tell you that you have to quote what payment will be for.
If you don't mention that a certain item is for sale for x amount of scrip some bright spark can assume that you mean real world money and report you.

This isn't the first time that they've said forge isn't ment to be traded.

Aliasse
08-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Trion is smarter than that.

On zone people say WTS, it could be anything. They are trusting us to not do something so stupid. WTS is so common and broad. They ain't gonna ban people for saying WTS>UD then get banned.

Although af isn't meant to be traded doesn't mean you can't trade it. Some of the rules that apply on forum doesn't apply to ingame chat

Ocho
08-05-2016, 11:51 AM
So, the Official Forum Rules (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158366-Official-Defiance-Forum-Rules) don't mention the arkforge limitation, but the thread sticked at the top of ever trade forum does say the following:

Arkforge is an untradeable currency. Attempting to bypass this through trades for upgrades can be dangerous and is not a supported transaction.

That gives more a hint, but it still isn't explicit enough. I think it's stated somewhere else, but can't remember where. All this looks confusing to me too, so I can totally add it in to the main rules in the News and Announcements section for the time being till we get a revision of the forum rules altogether, which is something we're looking in to to make them clearer and simpler (we redid ArcheAge's rules (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?277885-The-Official-ArcheAge-Community-Rules) recently).

Ronin9572
08-05-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm guessing it's the many complaints Trion is getting from ppl being ripped off. Every time I am on I see ppl saying the just got ripped off and are reporting it to Trion. This I'm sure is what is prompting all of this. It's just a matter of time before cheats spread and all the low life's are doing it. Unfortunately many ppl would rather cheat an honest player than just be an honest player.

PithHelmetIrath
08-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Unfortunately many ppl would rather cheat an honest player than just be an honest player.

Welcome to online gaming in 2016.. sad, but unfortunately it's true.

Ronin9572
08-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Welcome to online gaming in 2016.. sad, but unfortunately it's true.

Lol its not my 1st rodeo! Played my fair share of online games over the years, mostly on PC though.

Bentu
08-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Trion is smarter than that.

On zone people say WTS, it could be anything. They are trusting us to not do something so stupid. WTS is so common and broad. They ain't gonna ban people for saying WTS>UD then get banned.

Although af isn't meant to be traded doesn't mean you can't trade it. Some of the rules that apply on forum doesn't apply to ingame chat

I'm telling you this because it happened to me, I was selling something and didn't mention scrip or a trade.
Now either someone flagged the thread or a mod just happened to chance by it but either way I received a ban.
Sent an email and it was revoked but I'm here telling you that it Does happen.

Aliasse
08-05-2016, 10:52 PM
I'm telling you this because it happened to me, I was selling something and didn't mention scrip or a trade.
Now either someone flagged the thread or a mod just happened to chance by it but either way I received a ban.
Sent an email and it was revoked but I'm here telling you that it Does happen.

Yes it does happen. I already got 2 notices in relation to arkforge and it's ridiculous.

i got 1 for making a trading thread about AF which is understandable and ANOTHER for mentioning on general discussion about AF

Already sent a email 2-3 days ago and still haven't got a reply for them.

from what octo said, they are heading the right direction by reviewing the trade rules on forum however it's not my fault that my thread got removed without clarifying in the rules in the trade section. So for now, i'm gonna take the 2 notices that given me and do nothing about it.