PDA

View Full Version : Retail copy of Defiance

kane93
08-04-2016, 12:13 PM
I play the free version and was thinking about buying a retail copy for the Xbox 360. Does the code still work to get extra storage slots and 75 key limit? I was reading about this on Xbox market place, figured the code should still work if retail is listed as having more storage slots and 75 key limit.

Johnny Gatt
08-04-2016, 12:19 PM
If it is a new copy and not used.. should work.

kane93
08-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Yeah it should work. But I hear people bought copies and used codes that didn't work. Unless they got scammed and bought copies that were re-shrink wrapped. I kinda what to buy a copy today, but you can't buy it anywhere, only online and have it shipped.

Bentu
08-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Yes if it's a new copy and you haven't already used a code of that same edition it will work.

I've bought my ones through Amazon, if there's any issues they will reimburse you.

Can't say the same for ebay.

If you're in the UK you can also get a limited edition that was on sale from game or from the eu.

Ryu Soba JP
08-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Trion should have these listed in their online store/glyph like they do bits and such.
I'm sure lots of new gamers would invest. I bought my copy from amazon I think.

Chump Norris
08-04-2016, 05:55 PM
As said above Amazon is the way to go.

I have bought a couple few copies and haven't had a problem yet.

Bentu
08-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Trion should have these listed in their online store/glyph like they do bits and such.
I'm sure lots of new gamers would invest. I bought my copy from amazon I think.

Trion removed the 1k af from the bits store download.

Specks25
08-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Trion removed the 1k af from the bits store download.

I though they removed it from the ark breaker DLC? Not the Purchased defiance copy

konstantinov
08-04-2016, 07:21 PM
I though they removed it from the ark breaker DLC? Not the Purchased defiance copy

You're correct and to add on to that only 1 regular game code, 1 collectors edition and 1 ultimate edition code can be applied to an account. Just wanted to say that before people buy 10 regular games and expect to get a boatload of arkforge.

Bentu
08-04-2016, 07:37 PM

As far as I'm aware you don't get it from the download but only the disc.
If I'm wrong on that my apologies but that's what I remember from a previous thread.

Ea Rapture
08-04-2016, 07:41 PM
As far as I'm aware you don't get it from the download but only the disc.
If I'm wrong on that my apologies but that's what I remember from a previous thread.

Pretty sure you can still get it if you buy the season pass as well. I got 1000 forge for the season pass about half a year ago? Maybe longer?

Chump Norris
08-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Chimera (Arktech Revolution) was the DLC that had AF, they gave some Trion reason why it was removed, in reality it was removed because it was cheaper to make a new PSN account and buy the DLC rather then pay the ridiculous bit stores prices.

A new copy of the game should still give you the veteran AF.

Bentu
08-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Pretty sure you can still get it if you buy the season pass as well. I got 1000 forge for the season pass about half a year ago? Maybe longer?

We're actually talking about 2 different methods to get the same 1k arkforge.
If you were to buy a disc copy you'd get the 1k af and then if you bought the season pass you'd get the 1k af again.
The 1k af I'm talking about came as part of the compensation package for going f2p.
The other 1k arkforge used to come with the dlc but was removed but can still be bought with the season pass.
Took some finding but it's in this thread and a link to Scapes explanation.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?236159-Arktech-revolutionary

Cobra Crusher
08-05-2016, 12:27 AM
We're actually talking about 2 different methods to get the same 1k arkforge.
If you were to buy a disc copy you'd get the 1k af and then if you bought the season pass you'd get the 1k af again.
The 1k af I'm talking about came as part of the compensation package for going f2p.
The other 1k arkforge used to come with the dlc but was removed but can still be bought with the season pass.
Took some finding but it's in this thread and a link to Scapes explanation.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?236159-Arktech-revolutionary

I'm confused. This link is about dlc arkforge lol.

Bentu
08-05-2016, 12:45 AM
I'm confused. This link is about dlc arkforge lol.

Which is what I was answering Ea about.

Edit. Scapes link in the thread giving the explanation.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?212965-Arkforge-Bonus-Being-Removed-from-Future-DLC5-Purchases

kane93
08-08-2016, 02:30 AM
Should I even bother installing the game disc, or even taking it out of the case in the first place? I don't want to mess up my game by installing a old version of Defiance for Xbox 360, then having to download the game again. Will just entering the code give me the extra inventory slots, character slots. and 75 key limit.

Bentu
08-08-2016, 02:52 AM
Yes just enter the code. There's no need to re download the game from the disc.

PithHelmetIrath
08-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Will just entering the code give me the extra inventory slots, character slots. and 75 key limit.

Yes, it will.. and the new disc that you have can be used as a coaster.

kane93
08-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Well the code worked, I got 70 inventory slots, 80 key limit, some AF, 5 loadouts, and can create more than 2 characters. However my 2nd character was still stuck at 35 inventory and 55 key limit.

clubside
08-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Check your claims (second tab in the EGO Wheel: Store) for all the bonuses you get after creating a new character. You'll have to do this every time.

kane93
08-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Check your claims (second tab in the EGO Wheel: Store) for all the bonuses you get after creating a new character. You'll have to do this every time.

My 2nd character was already created well before I bought a retail copy. I used the code while logged in with my first character, and there was nothing in claims, the AF, key limit increase, 70 inventory slots, all just appeared on my first character, along with those 3 starter weapons. Initially there was a 128 mb download through xbox market place, it got stuck on pending, and i didn't see it download. I paid no attention, since my first character received everything i expected.

Bentu
08-09-2016, 11:00 PM
My 2nd character was already created well before I bought a retail copy. I used the code while logged in with my first character, and there was nothing in claims, the AF, key limit increase, 70 inventory slots, all just appeared on my first character, along with those 3 starter weapons. Initially there was a 128 mb download through xbox market place, it got stuck on pending, and i didn't see it download. I paid no attention, since my first character received everything i expected.

Those items such as backpack and extra key codes should be claimable from claims on that character

kane93
08-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Those items such as backpack and extra key codes should be claimable from claims on that character

I took about 1.5 days, but those items appeared in my claims now. So everything is good.

Bentu
08-10-2016, 07:08 PM
I took about 1.5 days, but those items appeared in my claims now. So everything is good.

Yeah sometimes it's just a case of logging out and in again and they show up.