PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help from any youtubers/ streamers

MasterProtector
08-05-2016, 09:27 PM
After coming to a certain conclusion ive decided i want to start recording youtube videos for both this game as well as beyond it, if there is anyone who can assist me with this process with the know how please PM me with things i may need both from actual equipment possibly links to find things i need and programs to run. With the pvp challenge concept coming up in the possible near future id like to try and set this up so i can kick it off with it. Any advice or knowledge is very much appreciated. Quite frankly i find i generally have a good understanding with applications but not so much with external components... that said i just dont honestly know where to begin with this.

xRhino
08-05-2016, 10:03 PM
After coming to a certain conclusion ive decided i want to start recording youtube videos for both this game as well as beyond it, if there is anyone who can assist me with this process with the know how please PM me with things i may need both from actual equipment possibly links to find things i need and programs to run. With the pvp challenge concept coming up in the possible near future id like to try and set this up so i can kick it off with it. Any advice or knowledge is very much appreciated. Quite frankly i find i generally have a good understanding with applications but not so much with external components... that said i just dont honestly know where to begin with this.

dude try just a basic hd camera, angle it it properly and see how it goes lol, thats how i recorded my call of duty montages years ago

Aliasse
08-05-2016, 10:36 PM
PC recordings i recommend Shadowplay, OBS or xsplit

I'm not 100% sure about consoles but you would need a video capture card to pc to record from console. I'm assuming that's how it works but i only record on PC only

Flash Avik
08-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Get an el gato capture card.

clubside
08-06-2016, 03:05 AM
Without knowing your platform it's hard to answer.

I record Xbox 360 and PS3 with Elgato Game Capture HD at 720p/30fps. The PS3 requires something to strip HDCP or going with component video rather than HDMI. I use Elgato's simple software to do edits unless there needs to be overlays or clip joining.

On PC if you have an nVidia card ShadowPlay works great. I capture 1080p/60 and use TMPGEnc SmartRenderer to do simple edits.

Streaming requires other questions being answered. Both Elgato and nVidia have basic streaming features but you may need more.

An example of my PC footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQJvRTbj9Ac

An example of my Xbox 360 footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCidL3MYVPw

konstantinov
08-06-2016, 04:27 AM
I used an elgato HD to stream on ps3 but the quality is utter ****. The already horrible textures look even worse. Hopefully you can stream through hdmi on xbox.

Ea Rapture
08-06-2016, 05:27 AM
I only recently started streaming and recording for YouTube again because Ps4 made it super simple. I know this is irrelevant, but back when I recorded in ps3 I literally used a camera. Lol. It was rubbish, but it was all I had.

At any rate, hope you enjoy it. I usually just stream on ps4 now whenever I feel like just sitting down and having a single game play session.

MasterProtector
08-06-2016, 07:02 AM
I have been wanting to for a long time, but i have a good motivation to start now, and im on xbox 360 so from what i gathered before i can do anything else i need this thing called a capture card. dunno what it is but i guess time to google.

clubside
08-06-2016, 08:00 AM
There's an actual "card" version, the Elgato Game Capture HD60, the "non-60" is a USB device that's limited to 30fps because it's USB2, and they have newer USB3 ones that can do 60fps but in the end the Xbox 360 version produced 720p/60fps maximum, so save disk space and bandwidth (and money on the device) with 720p/30fps on the Elgato Game Capture HD:

https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Systems-Capture-Definition-Recorder/dp/B00840353W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470495541&sr=8-1&keywords=elgato+game+capture+hd

Then as far as streaming goes there is the built-in Elgato stuff and free tools that work with Elgato, but if you go the Elgato route just see if its software will do everything you want first.

clubside
08-06-2016, 08:02 AM
I used an elgato HD to stream on ps3 but the quality is utter ****. The already horrible textures look even worse. Hopefully you can stream through hdmi on xbox.

This solves any PS3 problems:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works like a charm with the HDMI and Elgato will record near 1:1 quality at 720p/30fps. The PS3 often has judder so if you go with 60fps in that setup you may get what look like interlaced or split frames.

konstantinov
08-06-2016, 01:14 PM
This solves any PS3 problems:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works like a charm with the HDMI and Elgato will record near 1:1 quality at 720p/30fps. The PS3 often has judder so if you go with 60fps in that setup you may get what look like interlaced or split frames.

That's nice and all but to add on to the $180 elgato? No thanks I'll stop before I'm too far behind.

MasterProtector
08-06-2016, 05:43 PM
hmm well for the moment at least i want to say thank you for whom have given advice so far, ill have to look into it a bit more, my funds tend to be limited.