PDA

View Full Version : Exchange being scrapped? what did I miss?

Hexthat
08-11-2016, 08:56 PM
So someone told me the reason exchange is down is cause trion is removing it, because it doesn't make money for the effort it takes.....

I'm like okay... but why can't it be just changed around to produce money?

I'd be fine with ZERO free slots, and 1 slot for 1 month $5......

Ea Rapture
08-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Because they don't want to work to fix it. And too many players who are to incompetent to figure out how to make it function properly keep complaining.

Oh, and because they don't test things proper, so it just comes out broken

Hexthat
08-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Because they don't want to work to fix it. And too many players who are to incompetent to figure out how to make it function properly keep complaining.

Oh, and because they don't test things proper, so it just comes out broken

I was laughing like crazy when I heard people were buying stuff or selling stuff on accident.... I was like "why do you click buttons when you don't know what they do?".

I used the exchange with out that issue, only issue I had were items missing in the beginning... I thought they fixed that though

Ea Rapture
08-11-2016, 10:01 PM
I was laughing like crazy when I heard people were buying stuff or selling stuff on accident.... I was like "why do you click buttons when you don't know what they do?".

I used the exchange with out that issue, only issue I had were items missing in the beginning... I thought they fixed that though

Same, I know people were duping and stuff, but honestly, the exchange was so easy by comparison to selling in Zone. Found some good deals on there and I made a killing selling stuff. Found some old gear that I likely would've never otherwise. But alas, no longer

Lycan Nightshade
08-12-2016, 01:09 AM
Eh its leaving because of incompetence.....

Frankly it was a rip off from the get go.

clay marrow
08-12-2016, 01:10 AM
I miss the exchange so damn much every time I try to fight in zone to sell my wares...
Please fix it and bring it back!!!
Please. ..

Ronin9572
08-12-2016, 06:14 AM
Part of the reason ppl were accidentally buying things at 1st was no confirmation screen and the terrible lag. Than it was because it was buggy and full of glitches. I had a friend and a clan member that opened up the exchange and before the even pressed a button they had purchased the 1st item on the screen. If Trion made it simple from the start and had not been greedy it would have maybe worked. They bring it back even if they fix the issue's you know they'll charge twice as much and it will have more problems than the 1st time.

tarmim
08-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Part of the reason ppl were accidentally buying things at 1st was no confirmation screen and the terrible lag. Than it was because it was buggy and full of glitches. I had a friend and a clan member that opened up the exchange and before the even pressed a button they had purchased the 1st item on the screen. If Trion made it simple from the start and had not been greedy it would have maybe worked. They bring it back even if they fix the issue's you know they'll charge twice as much and it will have more problems than the 1st time.

How was trion greedy? It were the players trying to sell blues for 5M and not trion.

PithHelmetIrath
08-12-2016, 06:37 AM

... which makes me glad I never spent more than 7 seconds looking in the Exchange. Big ole bag of fail.

NullWolf
08-12-2016, 06:51 AM
... which makes me glad I never spent more than 7 seconds looking in the Exchange. Big ole bag of fail.

The you missed some hellva deals, just had to be sure not to accidentally buy the junkers priced in the multimillions inbetween

Johnny Stranger
08-12-2016, 06:58 AM
I miss the exchange so damn much every time I try to fight in zone to sell my wares...
Please fix it and bring it back!!!
Please. ..

I'm right there with you...have a bunch of these ion mods...can't even get 25 k for...wtf...I see a guy post one for 100k , I post right after for 25k ...hard to find buyers...wrong phase ,people don't watch zone, too many pred for 1 mill spams ( btw, that dude is sooo muted) ... hopefully clubside will get his site up again and let us list this crap .. I bought a lot of useful things on x change (1 bad buy )...it is way so much easier....

KptBomba
08-12-2016, 07:17 AM
to ***** to fix exchange
to ***** by make "private store" like all others mmo have
to ***** to stop multiaccount spam
now they update luncher to HELP ppl use multilogin

AWESOME IQ INTELIGENCE

Smokey Black
08-12-2016, 07:23 AM
They took the exchange down because of Exploits. It was profitable but at the cost of destroying the game.

PithHelmetIrath
08-12-2016, 08:08 AM
The you missed some hellva deals, just had to be sure not to accidentally buy the junkers priced in the multimillions inbetween

Kinda tough to "miss something" when I really didn't give a rip about it in the first place..

Ronin9572
08-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Kinda tough to "miss something" when I really didn't give a rip about it in the first place..

LOL exactly!

Johnny Gatt
08-12-2016, 09:33 AM
I got some great deals on exchange. Mostly mods. Only made one oops purchase on launch day, but it was a purple mod for 100k, so I did not get burned too bad. I sold quite a few mods at reasonable prices. Have not been able to sell mods in zone.

Ronin9572
08-12-2016, 12:47 PM
It's like ppl forgot how to buy and sell in zone or something. Can't give half the T4 mods away. It's like ppl are scared to buy now!

Destromathe
08-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Hey All,

I have written a whole explanation for the reasoning behind removing the Exchange from the game, and you can read that here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?245771-Important-Announcement-About-the-Exchange.

There are several stability issues, which are the MAIN reason for taking the Exchange offline. At this point, in order to make Defiance a great experience for everyone, this difficult decision had to be made. I can assure you that at no point was there a financial reasoning for this change, and if we are able to revisit fixing some of the issues we had with the Exchange, I will be sure to let everyone know!

Johnny Stranger
08-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Is there ever going to be a way to sell your mod to the vendor , log onto different toon and buy it back ... This would be so helpful ...

Johnny Dbag
08-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Interesting how the fall back is stability. Right now during rolling blackout i can barely stay on 15 minutes without a dc. And the lag is worse than before. At least during mm and the exchange still up i could tp to friends or get into co op or even dare say fast travel. Now the exchange is coming down for stabilty and is is worse than before. Had not hard a hard freeze in quite a while, now its back to like it was two years ago when there was no exchange.

Ronin9572
08-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Bmj that be a great idea, include gear as well and do away with needing another person to transfer items! I don't see why this would be so hard to do. Make it like trade screen where untradeable items could not be moved to the vendor. Make it so!!...

Hexthat
08-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Seems like the exchange only truly benefited the exploiters.

Was never running well enough to shrink my inv, now I'm stuck at max inv space with stuff I don't want to give away.... It's like "buy new stuff or keep old great stuff?"

I'm not a merch so spending months in zone chat is so not a fun way to play.

I guess I'll never have the space for new syns. ={

Menetekel
08-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Find a trustworthy partner to do the selling for you and split the profits... some people actually really enjoy the selling/merch aspect of the game.... Or just make and alt account and put your stuff in storage ;-)