PDA

View Full Version : And the point of trying to get highest score in an event final is.....

gulac
08-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Nada Nought Nothing Zip Zero

So you better join the crowd standing on the periphery maybe you will get a JP
Or you could run around with BMG blinding everyone and getting all the blue mods

Or if you really wanna score an OJ simply revive 2 people only (seriously I did this 3 times and got 3 OJ)

Of course you could always trade for a lo ego wep and use that in the final

But whatever you do, don't work your behind off trying to get highest score because it will only result in disappointment and tears.

:p

Spike Chaos
08-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Only point of scoring high is for the keycodes and arkforge tbh. I scored 60k one time and my friend got a score of literally just 52 cause he joined late and he got a Mass Driver from it and I got 2 blues...so it really doesn't matter how hard you try in them unless you care about getting a few more keycodes and maybe 1 more arkforge.

Smokey Black
08-13-2016, 08:14 PM
The last 3 jps I pulled I did it with top score at a major. I've done at least 7 jpz this way.

Ronin9572
08-14-2016, 04:46 AM
Some ppl's RNG work like Smokey's, but for most top score will only net you forge and keys. This has been the way it's been for some time now. Yet we keep seeing these threads. If you want to try hard at majors go for it, but don't expect to get JP's every single major.

tarmim
08-14-2016, 05:04 AM
Nada Nought Nothing Zip Zero

So you better join the crowd standing on the periphery maybe you will get a JP
Or you could run around with BMG blinding everyone and getting all the blue mods

Or if you really wanna score an OJ simply revive 2 people only (seriously I did this 3 times and got 3 OJ)

Of course you could always trade for a lo ego wep and use that in the final

But whatever you do, don't work your behind off trying to get highest score because it will only result in disappointment and tears.

:p

Omfg i seriously facepalmed at this

Bentu
08-14-2016, 05:23 AM
Admittedly you do get a 5 second high from it and maybe a grats from a friend but there's no point to coming top of the board as there's literally no skill in spamming a bmg and the only reason for doing that is for keys and forge and I'll admit to doing that too.

Mrdr
08-14-2016, 06:04 AM
Tarmim's sig just got me thinking of a different way to calculate rewards at majors...

Instead of a set amount of forge and keys based on either score or placement in the boards (whatever the thresholds are) why not make it so your number of kills determine your loot? For instance, you could get say 1 forge and 1 key for every 10 kills or so.

This would encourage more participation in MAFs and would mean more people would be at the earlier stages of the majors instead of waiting until the last crystal to join in. It would also reduce the shoot once, go to edge, and afk stuff too.

This would, of course, require Trion to loosen their overly tight fists and grant more forge and keys but it will also boost participation levels and encourage players to "try harder". I'm not suggesting a change in drops, drop rates, or scoring of points...job st make forge and keys based on # of kills only. It might even discourage the spamming of BMG healing...

Ronin9572
08-14-2016, 06:53 AM
^Think this would be a good idea!

tarmim
08-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Tarmim's sig just got me thinking of a different way to calculate rewards at majors...

Instead of a set amount of forge and keys based on either score or placement in the boards (whatever the thresholds are) why not make it so your number of kills determine your loot? For instance, you could get say 1 forge and 1 key for every 10 kills or so.

This would encourage more participation in MAFs and would mean more people would be at the earlier stages of the majors instead of waiting until the last crystal to join in. It would also reduce the shoot once, go to edge, and afk stuff too.

This would, of course, require Trion to loosen their overly tight fists and grant more forge and keys but it will also boost participation levels and encourage players to "try harder". I'm not suggesting a change in drops, drop rates, or scoring of points...job st make forge and keys based on # of kills only. It might even discourage the spamming of BMG healing...

This would nerf all score boosts. Also players would just shoot the smallest / weakest enemies (skitterlings, 99 drones etc) instead pf the bigger, stronger ones. Don't get me wrong, i still like the idea.

Mrdr
08-14-2016, 07:07 AM
It wouldn't nerf score boosts. It would just make score pointless with respect to forge and keys. Score would still show your position on the leaderboards. And, it would only be for major arkfalls...not everything.

And in MAFs, even the small things need killin'.

MataC
08-14-2016, 10:10 AM
In any case, this needs to addressed and changed, current system is not good, to say at least.

Wurm
08-14-2016, 11:28 AM
I had top score at a RB Major last night, killed over twice as many mobs as the number two on the list. Received 2 blues. And the amount of Ark Forge was pitiful as well, 3 or 4.

Now I go straight to the lazy spot, fire a few rounds until I see my score go up and then go afk. Same result, less work.

There is something basically very wrong with the whole system.

Johnny Gatt
08-15-2016, 05:35 PM

Great idea... this last event really showed how long a major takes when there are so many more bmg healers than there are shooters.

KptBomba
09-16-2016, 01:34 AM
yea i like that 1AF/key for every 10 kills XD

HyperionG
09-16-2016, 02:36 AM
the use of BMG's will stop any improvements being made