PDA

View Full Version : How to tell weapon level progression?

latexyankee
04-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Never played the beta, I know you need to use the same weapon type to level up. How do you know when you'll reach next level? I see the progress on the INDIVIDUAL weapon but what about the weapon type in general? In the stats menu it says level 1 with a progress bar but is that bar indicating the next level or max level? Im not sure if I should stick with a certain weapon and max it out or go with a better one of the same type while progressing the overall skill. does this make sense? Is there any on screen indicator for any of this?

Indolo
04-07-2013, 09:17 AM
The stats screen shows you that info. From memory, it's got a filled bar for each level, then a less filled bar showing progress towards the next level.

Seems to be a bug currently where your weapon skill stops gaining exp when the weapon your using hits max exp, so you have to keep changing weapons to keep leveling your weapon skill.

Whizbang
04-07-2013, 09:28 AM
You will also see a small white bar under your current equipped item (weapon or vehicle) that progresses as you use the item. This bar relates to the greyed out portion of your current weapon level bar. When you go into stats you will see a number beside each weapon type hat is the current weapon level you have.

Crissana
04-07-2013, 09:32 AM
That's not a bug, it's by design as far as I know.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Hit L, and go to the stats tab.

Rinkydink
04-07-2013, 10:07 AM
The white bar under your weapon or vehicle is actually your progress towards the next weapon skill level, and the yellow bar on the bottom is you exp to the next ego level. Useful to keep track of your progress without menus.