PDA

View Full Version : Great job defiance staff!

nate van
08-18-2016, 12:41 PM
I have waited for a bit now to post on my thoughts about Destro taking over. I wanted to to make sure he was not going to say one thing then do another like others in the past have.

But I can now say with out a doubt "You guys are doing the best job so far."

Yes there is still a lot wrong with the game at the moment. However, I now see customer support on the forum's all the time. I see developers and staff members responding, sometimes with in minutes of post being made.
Yes I know they are Small things but they have been missing from this game for so long.

With all I have read on the forum's about what you guys plan on doing with the forge costs and
With putting what looks like great new synergies into the game and not into the bits box.
I am defiantly impressed.

I will stop protesting the bits store and start buying from it.
I will show my support for the new direction the game is going by supporting you with my wallet.

I keep seeing people post about what they want and there is nothing wrong with that at all.
However, I would like to ask what is it we can do to help you guys out?
If there is anything that I/we can do to help out let us know.
I like the new direction and would like to see it continue heading that way and not regressing back to its former self.

Please keep up the great work.
Great job defiance staff/community!

Destromathe
08-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks nate van! We are always working hard to get you guys fun and exciting content. More is yet to come, and we are definitely glad you are enjoying the recent updates. Constructive feedback, either positive or negative, is always the best way for players to help us create content. It can be easy to forget that the majority of players do not get on the forums and post, so we do our best to try and get a feel for what the majority of players want to see. However, the dedicated people who get on the forums and give us feedback are ALWAYS appreciated.

See you in game ;)

doctordabs
08-18-2016, 03:53 PM
agreed - with the af costs decrease - i will totally buy af in the bitstore, assuming the price in bits isn't increased

Chump Norris
08-18-2016, 04:13 PM
Some things don't change..

Hey All,

A "nerf" would constitute something that was changed after it went live. In this case, we put a shield on PTS for testing, and found in that testing that it was a bit too strong comparatively. The final product that you see on live is where we intend to keep it, and if that changes we will be sure to let everyone know!

As always, remember that PTS content is never final, and can change prior to Live release.

Hey All,

I would be happy to comment on this. We strive very hard to keep everything as balanced in game as we can. The EXL shields were implemented several years ago, and was also a very limited time item. The main issue with shields that are being referenced here, is the ease at which they are obtained, and in regards specifically to the Piper shield, an actual bug in the capacity calculation. Defiance is a game where you are fighting to obtain the best weapons and items in the game. When those best items are awarded for easy pursuits or missions, there is no feeling of accomplishment, which leads to no feeling of reward.

We are always looking at balance, and one of the balance topics we absolutely want to touch on is shields. It is on our list, and absolutely something we want to get in line. But rather than lower the capacity on an already existing rare shield, we would prefer to introduce new shields, that drop in the world rather than from pursuits or missions, that are on par. Keep an eye out for changes like this in the future.

I do agree on the AF costs though.

Ea Rapture
08-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Some things don't change..

I do agree on the AF costs though.

Ninja nerfed syphon dets. Lol

But I can't complain. I don't even care much for dets

missmar
08-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Ninja nerfed syphon dets. Lol

But I can't complain. I don't even care much for dets

What syphon dets? Gangbuster Mk2?

The only ones I can think of were Sovereign synergy, which was totally broken because you'd heal by damaging yourself...

Ryu Soba JP
08-18-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure if the OP is playing the same game we are.

Ea Rapture
08-18-2016, 10:56 PM
What syphon dets? Gangbuster Mk2?

The only ones I can think of were Sovereign synergy, which was totally broken because you'd heal by damaging yourself...

Shushshshhhhhshh :P those were the ones